MiniVAP Vaporizer

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
No problem man, I like a positive vibe .Lets keep the the good times going. There's alot of negativity in alot of threads. Its fun being a part of an "uncluttered" thread...mv just keeps on giving(laughing but serious)

Lostclusters

Now that me and the MV are friends, we spent the weekend getting to know each other. Followed JCat's advise on the warm up procedure and after trying it multiple times, it's most likely the process I will follow as well moving forward. At that mid Green/Red area this unit provides vapor comparable to the Cloud. Thick, tasty, dense vapor.....for as long as I can pull.

I did not want to be an MV fanboy. I can't help it though, this thing kicks ass and deserves the recognition. It does take quite a bit of time to reach temp, but I'm ok with that when matched against the functionality.

A few questions:

1. Can I put the unit on the charger when it is on? Roger said do not charge it while in use....is this the same as 'On'?

2. Anyone hear from the manufacturer on whether using loose leaf without the basket is ok? Seems easy enough to clean and I prefer the operations without the basket. Its surprising how much more material can be used without the basket it in one cycle. (The quick start guide says the basket is for loose leaf materials)

3. Are we ok to operate the unit upside down? Roger mentioned it got hotter in that orientation.

I can reach out to MV and ask these questions, figured I started here though. Thanks! (I think this puppy will hold me over fine for a month or two while the Cloud is repaired. Depending on how the Cloud operates upon return with the new design, the MV could possibly completely fill it's place putting Cloud at number 2 for me. I don't expect this to be the case, but it's entire possible. The MV is that good and gets better the more I understand it.)

1. I have, it did not seem to cause any harm, and kept the battery charged.

2. I would use the basket. The screen that is in the unit is not removable.

3. Upside down should not be a problem.

I have had mine for quite a while now and it is still working just fine. It is my vacation unit.

Lostclusters,
Reactions: Hoops

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
The charger isn't fit to both charge battery and supply power to the unit with theses high powers involved. It may cause damage to do so. Better off charging the battery when you're done. It's the official recommendation, while it may work that way, I would avoid to do it.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
OK I got an email back from the MV and they told me they will have a website for Israel within 2 weeks and in the meanwhile I can order via the USA site...!

Great service! and the 409$ price tag is looking very shiny...must sell some other vaporizers tho... lol damn

m0sh,
Reactions: b0

justcametomind

The charger isn't fit to both charge battery and supply power to the unit with theses high powers involved. It may cause damage to do so. Better off charging the battery when you're done. It's the official recommendation, while it may work that way, I would avoid to do it.
I'm asking myself why it isn't written anywhere in the instructions if it's so important not to do so.
I also did it many times, I intended your "not to charge while in use" like "not to draw vapor from a charging battery unit". I let it blink to reach green/red a couple of times when plugged in.

justcametomind,
Reactions: Nbajunkie

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Do you guys use a whip with this vaporizer?

Do you load 0.1g and can also load 0.2g (I mean both work in the same efficiency)

m0sh,

justcametomind

I only use the "plastic" mouthpiece (it's not plastic it an expensive and very durable material iirc). Out of the box you find a 10 cm whip you can use in combination with said mouthpiece or by itself. You can also use the whip to attach the MV to glass bongs as you can see in the nice videos made by Roger D.
Speaking of loading/efficiency I only experienced with minimal amounts, but you can load up to 0,2, and above if you load without the bowl as JCat said some posts earlier http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/minivap-vaporizer.1589/page-33#post-363975.
This picture shows some possible configurations with the provided whip.
0qUvU0Z.jpg

Lostclusters

I only use the "plastic" mouthpiece (it's not plastic it an expensive and very durable material iirc). Out of the box you find a 10 cm whip you can use in combination with said mouthpiece or by itself. You can also use the whip to attach the MV to glass bongs as you can see in the nice videos made by Roger D.
Speaking of loading/efficiency I only experienced with minimal amounts, but you can load up to 0,2, and above if you load without the bowl as JCat said some posts earlier http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/minivap-vaporizer.1589/page-33#post-363975.
This picture shows some possible configurations with the provided whip.

I would not use the mouth piece shown in the picture. I have found that it severely restricts air flow.

JCat

Accessory Maker
2. I would use the basket. The screen that is in the unit is not removable.

The screen is removable ... it's just a pain, although gets easier each time, and my Teflon ring/tube inside the chamber has gotten scratched up from removing/re-inserting (ie. I need a better method than the mentioned spoon handle :doh: ... another member mentioned a rubber glove with your finger a while back to get a grip ...)

JCat,

Nbajunkie

Thats what I thought,thanks JCat. About the 5 screens that come included, are those just for the cone? Or are those meant to replace the screen on the bottom chamber too? Is there an easy method to replace the screen on the cone? Ive just been iso soaking them for a good 15 minutes then clean with qtips. Any tips appreciated ,thanks mv hotline

Polyrhythm

I would not use the mouth piece shown in the picture. I have found that it severely restricts air flow.
I have tried both configurations and so far i think i prefer the tube with the mouthpiece. The mouthpiece does restrict air a little bit, but I have found that helps limit how much heat i can accumulate in my throat. Without the mouthpiece you can get bigger draws for sure. I have a sensitive throat b/c of allergies lately, maybe after they clear up the tube with no mouthpiece will work better for me.

Polyrhythm,

Polyrhythm

The screen is removable ... it's just a pain, although gets easier each time, and my Teflon ring/tube inside the chamber has gotten scratched up from removing/re-inserting (ie. I need a better method than the mentioned spoon handle :doh: ... another member mentioned a rubber glove with your finger a while back to get a grip ...)
When i was cleaning my unit this morning, the cylinder came out, there were 2 screens ,then another small cylinder, then the final fine mesh screen above the heater. the small cylinder and mesh screen fell out when I tipped the unit upside down! it wasn't too big of a deal putting it back together, it just caught me by surprise as the heater was visible.

Polyrhythm,

JCat

Accessory Maker
When i was cleaning my unit this morning, the cylinder came out, there were 2 screens ,then another small cylinder, then the final fine mesh screen above the heater. the small cylinder and mesh screen fell out when I tipped the unit upside down! it wasn't too big of a deal putting it back together, it just caught me by surprise as the heater was visible.
Are you sure it's fine mesh screen, then small cylinder then 2 screens, then final cylinder ...

I've been putting it together as fine mesh screen, then regular screen, then small cylinder, than 2nd screen, then final cylinder.

Anyone else want to chime in on this one? (as I'm not 100% sure I got it right after the first disassembly :doh:)

JCat,

Polyrhythm

Are you sure it's fine mesh screen, then small cylinder then 2 screens, then final cylinder ...

I've been putting it together as fine mesh screen, then regular screen, then small cylinder, than 2nd screen, then final cylinder.

Anyone else want to chime in on this one? (as I'm not 100% sure I got it right after the first disassembly :doh:)

Jcat - mine had 2 screens before final cylinder, at least that's how it was put together when I received it, but not necessarily right. :)

Polyrhythm,

Lostclusters

I'll take that on your word. I was told, when I bought my unit, that is was not.

Lostclusters,

JCat

Accessory Maker

Lostclusters

I am still waiting on information from the distributors regarding the upcoming modifications to the miniVap for mainly parts and firmware.

Lostclusters,

Nbajunkie

Im waiting to hear about my cone. Heck I would buy a new one if it was offered through the site..

Nbajunkie,

justcametomind

I'm obsessed over MV accessories.
Do you think this could work with MV?
Yz54Ux9.png

Speaking to anyone with many vapes to make comparison with: is there any other vape that shares the same screens size?

justcametomind,

tepictoton

Finally had the funding together and made my payment today...

If anybody has any idea how I can make the time go a wee bit faster till it gets here then please tell me :p

Oh, and I have a 18mm female glass 'gas exchange' thingy, together with a piece of silicone it turned out to be an easy way to hook up mu e-cig kanger cart oil thing and I'm sure the diameter of the minivap mouthpiece is the same...

pffr only five minutes passed hihi

oh and I asked for a few extra baskets just in case and there was something about this new cone too...Lets see what the mailman brings in a few days.

justcametomind

I'd like to put more than one like to your post tep!
I'm glad for you to join us, after you were the first member to post your impressions of the unit after a brief try!
I got it in no time really. I didn't even want to bother with DHL tracking after my order, as the code they give you gets activated a few hours or a day after the shipment. So I waited patiently and in a COUPLE of days it was here!
Best thing to do is call the job saying you caught a flu and will stay home the next few days!
So you'll be home for sure when DHL rings your bell.

b0

Cloudy...
Roger D, that video make me want the MV more. I'm in the hunt for the perfect plug-in vape, I want an unrestricted draw and use it throw glass (in fact I always wanted a DG like the one you have) I thought the VXL was what I was searching, but your videos are making me think that the MV can be what I want too and I woluld be suporting a vape made in my country. Damn, hard choice to do...

What's teh warranty for this vape?

b0,
Top Bottom