Milaana II by RastaBuddahTao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Welp I'm finally in for a Mi2 with the pre order 420 sale, been wanting one ever since @AJS got the first as a surprise... Will make a wonderful companion to my OG beta, hottie V1, and purpleheart V2 demonstrating this great vape's steady evolution in only a few short years

2mys29f.png

Code RBT420 gets you 15% off and vgoodiez customer service is the tops!

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
So is this our very last chance to get a Mi2??? Welp... :uhoh:

Same with the Splinter Z or will they keep being made?

Last edited:

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
Yep no more Milaana 2 and they are nearly gone as I type this.

Custom Z's will likely continue for a while.

Hey Scott,

It’s Gavin from our emails! ;)

Just need to come up with some money to order a custom Splinter Z... my only hold up, or I would have put in an order already. Just recently scored an OG Milaana on eBay, so that will tide over my yearning for the II for a little while — will most likely have to locate one secondhand also... But that is refreshing to hear you say RBT will continue making custom Z’s for awhile! That means I still have a chance!

Have a good day. :peace:

Logic,
Reactions: VGOODIEZ

Shit Snacks

Splinter Z or Milaana? Which is the Best?

It depends what you want, one is not better than the other, Milaana offers you an all-in-one vape run unregulated by battery, Splinter offers more versatility but you need to get a mod to run it (that offers regulation and battery level readings among other things) though it is a bit more involved-- not a simple as Milaana out of the box, but once you set it up it could be a bit more automatic in use than Milaana... Z offers the larger heater from the Zion, so that can be a factor, but they all work similar and great.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Guys, I got to give a shot out to Ryan and RBT customer service, for taking care of my OG Mi with PTSD and getting her back up on her feet. It was gone for awhile (I sent my Hopper and Mi out the same day and got the GH back first :o) but the reunion has been so sweet and all the extra stems has been wavygravy.

I remember not pulling the trigger on a Mi at first because of some of the chatter on here about the uninspiring CS experiences and some back n forths people were having w/ Ry.... well, I'm glad I eventually relented, and I'm glad RBT is still around and thriving and appreciating the people that appreciate their products and we're all getting lifted and feeling good.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey RBT Nation... Thanks so much for the great support during the 2019 420! So many 420's when I said "Well... maybe next year I will get my shit together"... and this seems to be the year! This 420 marks RBT's transition from a guy hand building vaporizers for friends on FC with terrible customer service to a guy engineering vaporizers and monitoring production in a bonafide factory to be sold by the best retailers in the business.

It has been stressful working to build out the last of the US units (a ton of work as @Bravesst will attest) while getting the factory up and running with Splinter and Milaana III and getting the retailers up and running. But now with manufacturing and retailers in place and the US Build coming to an end, more time can be focused on serving the retailers and developing new products (See: Mi3, Seed, Sprout)

Other than a small batch of units to be made in the fall, US production is discontinued. Due to part obsolescence only German Glass Splinter Z and Mi2 can be serviced. The Custom retailers (Planet Vape, VapeFiend and Vgoodiez) will honor customers lifetime warranties (aka Zion) as well as provide support for repairs like loose glass etc.

The driver for a build in the fall is that my brother randydunham.com art will be featured on a limited number of Milaana 2 and potentially some Splinter Z's.

With the book closed on US production and the warranty backlog eliminated, I am now blessed with the opportunity to finalize Mi3 into production followed by the joy of engineering the Seed.

Thanks to everyone that help RBT reach the next level in company development... couldn't do it without all you peeps! (PS Vgoodiez is giving away a Mi2 ;)

warren0728

With the book closed on US production and the warranty backlog eliminated, I am now blessed with the opportunity to finalize Mi3 into production followed by the joy of engineering the Seed.

i love my milaana 2 ... cool that things are working out so well for you!

are you saying milaana 3's will not be produced by you in the usa? or did i read that wrong?

thanks ...

Last edited:
warren0728,
Reactions: Mangu

Fahrenheit450

So I just got my Milaana from VGoodiez, and I can't get any heat. Does this thing work with any old 18650 battery?

The item arrived with a USB charger cradle for one of these batteries, but no battery. I have exactly one 18650 battery of my own, the purple one that came with my Arizer Solo. This battery is at 95% and works in the Solo and the Lil Bud Elite. The USB charger cradle doesn't turn white to ackowledge charging, but maybe 95% is too high (per the Elite's battery meter).

When I put this battery it in the Milaana (tried + / - up and down, varying levels of tightness on the copper pick etc), I get zero heat or flavor. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need a special battery?

Fahrenheit450,
Reactions: GetLeft

Shit Snacks

So I just got my Milaana from VGoodiez, and I can't get any heat. Does this thing work with any old 18650 battery?

The item arrived with a USB charger cradle for one of these batteries, but no battery. I have exactly one 18650 battery of my own, the purple one that came with my Arizer Solo. This battery is at 95% and works in the Solo and the Lil Bud Elite. The USB charger cradle doesn't turn white to ackowledge charging, but maybe 95% is too high (per the Elite's battery meter).

When I put this battery it in the Milaana (tried + / - up and down, varying levels of tightness on the copper pick etc), I get zero heat or flavor. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need a special battery?

The Arizer battery does not meet the right specs, you want LG HE4 or HG2, Samsung 25R or 30Q, Sony VTC6 for example... flat top high drain 18650

turk

turk
...my milaana ll today, to go with my milaana og...forgot they put a carb cap on it now...very interesting..well it goes with mu og..Zion ..2 splinter og’s..splinter v1.’splinter z...and lastly 4 hole splinter..

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
The Arizer battery does not meet the right specs, you want LG HE4
The Arizer battery does not meet the right specs, you want LG HE4 or HG2, Samsung 25R or 30Q, Sony VTC6 for example... flat top high drain 18650

or HG2, Samsung 25R or 30Q, Sony VTC6 for example... flat top high drain 18650

Will a Type-1 10A CDC flat top 18650 battery work? MXJO brand.

Logic,

Shit Snacks

Will a Type-1 10A CDC flat top 18650 battery work? MXJO brand.

Not enough amps as Turk said

Edit: aaaand mine arrived today as well, walnut with sapele bottom cap, it is so beautiful, despite my photos. Super fast shipping from vgoodiez, pre order said shortly after 420 and it was immediately after, did not expect it so soon! I can already tell how well the new air intake regulates draw for more consistency in each hit, getting used to the unregulated style again with a 4.09v battery and one of my old stems. It does feel noticeably smaller, and it is nice being able to rest it on the back side now even though it no longer curves in the hand (lighter weight too). I've got to spend more time with it of course, but I am already remembering why I held the Milaana to be one of the best vapes I've ever experienced...

b4hra9.jpg

2yluu0y.jpg

2ljqlbk.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

What is the ideal battery? Amps and watts-wise? Thanks

20A rating 18650 (I believe Milaana heater can pull ~45 watts fresh but not sure) though the HG2 is overrated at 18A it is still fine, while 30Q is underrated at 18A and still fine though it says 15A... HE4 & 25R are probably the ideal specs though they don't have as much mAh so capable of fewer bowls per charge when compared to the other two from LG and Samsung. Sony meanwhile tend to heat faster so some prefer those, but I have never tried them (more expensive). Just be sure you buy from a reputable source!

Mangu

What is the ideal battery? Amps and watts-wise? Thanks
LG HG2 is the battery Ryan personally recommended to me and for a while even carried in his online shop. I recommend those or a comparable cell (Samsung, Sony, Efest [i used the efest personally and they’ve been great for me, but haven’t seen much outpouring of support for efest]). I don’t recommend straying too far from the main manufacturers either. My preferred site for 18650 if you’re in the USA is IMR; they deliver fairly prompt and guaranteed to be quality and authentic batteries. Hope you get some good cells soon so you can start enjoying that lovely Milaana!

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
That’s beautiful, turk. Sadly, I missed the boat on the last batch of Milaana’s for the big 420 sale... didn’t really have the money and my wife was against me adding anymore vapes to my arsenal at the time. :(

Really hoping I can snag one on here sometime, or possibly on eBay in the not-so-distant future...

Edit: Yours is also a stunner, Shit Snacks! Truly a functional work of art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom