Milaana II by RastaBuddahTao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
Thank you @warren0728 agreed!!!

Sorry off topic question here for you @warren0728 real quick. What site did you use to upload your pics? I used post image and it’s not nearly as nice and crisp as your photos.

Paka-cholo,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thank you @warren0728 agreed!!!

Sorry off topic question here for you @warren0728 real quick. What site did you use to upload your pics? I used post image and it’s not nearly as nice and crisp as your photos.

And yours doesn't even show up for me at all lol I've been using tinypic and its pretty great, cept for the occasional pop up ad and/or authentication thing

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
And yours doesn't even show up for me at all lol I've been using tinypic and its pretty great, cept for the occasional pop up ad and/or authentication thing

I can see it from my end. I’m so frustrated with this image stuff. I just found out today Imgur doesn’t work here anymore. :bang: I give up lol.

GetLeft

BEAUTIFUL

Back on topic :tup:

I've been using my Mi 2 with my short 18mm stems for a string of weeks now. I'd been used to using (with my Mi 1.5) a smaller 14mm stem/bowl tucked into the oven with a sliver of silicone tubing wrapped around the outside of the stem where it sits into the oven. Never had an issue doing that with my Mi 1.5, but after a couple of weeks with my Mi 2, I managed to dislodge the glass joint from the the oven. Ended up having to go back to the og 18mm with my Mi 2 and it seems the glass insert has refastened and no issues whatsoever. Just pure pinch of bud into the stem, gentle push or two or three of the button and a wonderful and effective vaping expeirence. Top notch stuff. With very little maintenance and very few parts to be playing with.

Last edited:

Jayvape

I'm having some hotspotting trouble and just general use with my milaana. I got it about two weeks ago so I'm still somewhat new to using it. For the most part I seem to be getting hotspots in the center of my bowl. I've tried tamping down lightly and just not tamping at all. I've tried slow draws, fast draws, and rotating my stem after my hits but nothing seems to fix the issue. Also I've been getting somewhat inconsistent hits. Some times the vapor is smooth and I get a decent sized hit, other times it seems like I'm just inhaling alot of hot air with very wispy vapor. What can I do to solve my two problems?

Jayvape,
Reactions: GetLeft

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm having some hotspotting trouble and just general use with my milaana. I got it about two weeks ago so I'm still somewhat new to using it. For the most part I seem to be getting hotspots in the center of my bowl. I've tried tamping down lightly and just not tamping at all. I've tried slow draws, fast draws, and rotating my stem after my hits but nothing seems to fix the issue. Also I've been getting somewhat inconsistent hits. Some times the vapor is smooth and I get a decent sized hit, other times it seems like I'm just inhaling alot of hot air with very wispy vapor. What can I do to solve my two problems?

Keep working on draw, it can take a while to learn how to hit it for the most even extraction, especially without stirring. Also try letting off the button a little sooner, and don't forget about battery level. But yeah try a draw just slightly softer and letting go off button slightly sooner I'd say. Just keep at it, ride the wave :tup:

eideal852

No, I meant his. Yeah imgur loss is what led me to tinypic, it is very simple to use.

BEAUTIFUL
Yeah I meant Paka too...
indeed pretty...

I am DYING (that may be a bit extreme) over the Mi1 I got being so damn picky w stems. 2-3 out of ~ 10-12 fit it..

Anyone grind stems?

eideal852,

GetLeft

For the most part I seem to be getting hotspots in the center of my bowl.

I do too. As long as you're not combusting, no big deal, unless stirring is an issue. It's not for me. I get a couple of hits before a stir is needed. The stir isn't a challenge. Depending where I am, I use anything from a pocket knife tweezer to generic stir tool. The remainder of the material gets well extracted and by the end. If you've worked things well, all the material is as dark as the hot spot you see form at the beginning.

other times it seems like I'm just inhaling alot of hot air

@shitsnacks succinctly nails down the key Mi techniques. If you draw too fast you get hot air. If the cell is fresh, go easy on the button (stop your draw before you feel too much heat). Remember also that the first hit of a fresh bowl will probably not produce the most vapor, even if it feels hot. The first hit tends to be priming the load for the following hits. My recent usage of my Mi 2 is with a standard inset screen. I 'modded' the 18mm stem of my 1.5 with a rimmed screen and that didn't work well. The configuration of the screen allowed hot air to circumvent the load resulting in hot air to the throat and poorly vaped material. The standard inset screens sit the load further down and the heater catches the material well., so I'm sticking with them. I also enjoy my hits better on a slightly drained cell. You can feather the button and keep temps down while still getting good vapor production.

Once you find how to hit your preferred temps, then how to find them on a cell that decreases in power with every hit you take, you get things dialed in a bit and enjoy the show. Then it gets hard to pick up another vape.

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
The standard inset screens sit the load further down and the heater catches the material well., so I'm sticking with them.

Im confused, the rimmed screens sit the load lower, closer to the oven.

So the screens you stuff inside the tube are better because the herb sits farther from the heater, higher toward the mouth piece of the stem? Or it works better if the material is closer to the oven and lower meaning closer to the oven?

This is my first time using it, and I already cracked the stem with the brass battery tab. I let it fall on the stem like a dumb ass lol. Its a good thing I ordered a wood stem and that thick German glass extra long one! They both come tomorrow. I knew my future self told the past me to buy another set cuz I told myself id break it the first day. Time travel does exist!!

Last edited:
Paka-cholo,
Reactions: GetLeft

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
God, I want a Milaana II so bad... seems they are impossible to find now, much like the Purple Days. I doubt I’ll ever get lucky enough to even try one, much less own one... :(

Are there any other portable vapes out there now that are better, or does this one still take the cake? Honest opinions, please. Don’t tell me the Milaana is best just because you have one. :)

Last edited:

CheebaChiefer

God, I want a Milaana II so bad... seems they are impossible to find now, much like the Purple Days. I doubt I’ll ever get lucky enough to even try one, much less own one... :(

Are there any other portable vapes out there now that are better, or does this one still take the cake? Honest opinions, please. Don’t tell me the Milaana is best just because you have one. :)

Get added to a notification list on vgoodiez.com, scuttlebutt says M2's available, mid to late March?

Last edited by a moderator:

Check out Lil Bud or a Splinter.

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
CheebaChiefer, wow, really?! So all hope is not lost for me then!

Mr. Gweilo 420, the Splinter looks like a nice toy too. I’ve thought about picking up the Z version already at some point.

Thanks so much, everyone! You’re all the greatest! :)

CheebaChiefer, wow, really?! So all hope is not lost for me then!

Mr. Gweilo 420, the Splinter looks like a nice toy too. I’ve thought about picking up the Z version already at some point.

Thanks so much, everyone! You’re all the greatest! :)
My 2018 Milaana gets a lot less use than my Z. The Z is an excellent vaporizer and powerful. The Elite looks like it's going to be great too.

Mr. Gweilo 420,
Reactions: Logic

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
Good to know. How would either of the two compare to the Grasshopper? Heard great things about that vape, as well. Sorry if I’m going off-topic...

P.S. The Elite???

Logic,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom