Milaana 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
#77 checking in.

I used to be a pinky pusher with my OG milaana, but I'm finding I cover the intake hole when I do that with the 3, so I'm trying to learn to use my middle finger on the button and hold it lower. Very pleased so far.

BUT, I have a question about older milaana's that has gone unanswered in another thread. My glue has recently totally come undone recently. Is there something I can do to put the glass and bottom cap back on?

kurt6652

#77 checking in.

I used to be a pinky pusher with my OG milaana, but I'm finding I cover the intake hole when I do that with the 3, so I'm trying to learn to use my middle finger on the button and hold it lower. Very pleased so far.

BUT, I have a question about older milaana's that has gone unanswered in another thread. My glue has recently totally come undone recently. Is there something I can do to put the glass and bottom cap back on?
I think there is or was a video of ryan doing a re glue on a splinter, it would be similar type of a repair.

He used a two part epoxy and stressed proper mixing of the 2 parts.

kurt6652,

david8613

I think you’ll find that 500 is the entire production run of Mi3’s.

Oh wow! Then that makes the Milaana3 extra special if only 500 were made! I feel very lucky to have one coming my way.

I ordered mine the day before they stopped the pre-order, it would be so cool to get number 500! Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

Jaurgh

Well I got mine Saturday. #71. First RBT... Wow, the heater is powerful. Intake hole much smaller than the tubo I use (which is better imo). But the heater is too powerful. It charts the surface of my bowl. Very very clear ring of virgin green bud around the black spot that the Milaana 3 nuked...... Need to stir. Honestly I'm upset. The aesthetics on this thing is an upgrade, so is the power of the heater but it doesn't cook evenly, period. Thereis Unvaped bud in the bowl I just nuked! The jury is in

Milaana2>Milaana3. Milaana 3 is absutely inferior. This wasn't an upgrade, it was a cash grab.

eideal852

Gah! what a scam! The cheaper, chinese unit isn’t the artisan handmade US version.
once the big-Vape shills stop pretending it’s as good as they say, we’ll get to the real truth

eideal852,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well I got mine Saturday. #71. First RBT... Wow, the heater is powerful. Intake hole much smaller than the tubo I use (which is better imo). But the heater is too powerful. It charts the surface of my bowl. Very very clear ring of virgin green bud around the black spot that the Milaana 3 nuked...... Need to stir. Honestly I'm upset. The aesthetics on this thing is an upgrade, so is the power of the heater but it doesn't cook evenly, period. Thereis Unvaped bud in the bowl I just nuked! The jury is in

Milaana2>Milaana3. Milaana 3 is absutely inferior. This wasn't an upgrade, it was a cash grab.

The idea of Milaana is to modulate the button (that is what the name means actually) since it is unregulated that is how you can control the heat. It is a much more manual experience, not like the automatic Tubo at all. I'd recommend you spend time only using it, only using a plain short stem, to hone in on your technique. There is a balance of button use, battery level, herb load, and draw style for every Milaana... Most users had to learn to sense the herb status by taste with slow sip puffs as they create the vapor carefully before they could just rip it more mindlessly (if they ever could). The Mi3 sounds to be running hot and fast like the OGs did, so easy to get uneven extraction and scorch spots, but it is possible to get an even extraction without any char with a proper technique. That being said, it is obviously not for everyone!

Jaurgh

The idea of Milaana is to modulate the button (that is what the name means actually) since it is unregulated that is how you can control the heat. It is a much more manual experience, not like the automatic Tubo at all. I'd recommend you spend time only using it, only using a plain short stem, to hone in on your technique. There is a balance of button use, battery level, herb load, and draw style for every Milaana... Most users had to learn to sense the herb status by taste with slow sip puffs as they create the vapor carefully before they could just rip it more mindlessly (if they ever could). The Mi3 sounds to be running hot and fast like the OGs did, so easy to get uneven extraction and scorch spots, but it is possible to get an even extraction without any char with a proper technique. That being said, it is obviously not for everyone!

Thanks, but don't need your crash course. I've owned my share of vapes sranging from MFLB and iolites to Sticky Bricks and fury edges, for 4 +years. Although I've never used an RBT, i had standards for it. I know what I'm talking about...

It doesn't vape evenly. It just doesn't. Yes there is a skill factory that can let you mitigate that... Feathering the button... The way you pack/grind your bowl... Using your free hand to stir the stem.... But using it as a unit, without fuss and hassle, you can expect uneven baking in the bowl, and in learning that it's one of those vapes where you NEED to stir your bowl to get an even bake.

Last edited:
Jaurgh,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Gah! what a scam! The cheaper, chinese unit isn’t the artisan handmade US version.
once the big-Vape shills stop pretending it’s as good as they say, we’ll get to the real truth

I'm not sure who you mean here, but calling other members shills is against our rules. If you think someone is a shill, report it and we will deal with that. Please include your evidence.

kurt6652

Thanks, but don't need your crash course. I've owned my share of vapes sranging from MFLB and iolites to Sticky Bricks and fury edges, for 4 +years. Although I've never used an RBT, i had standards for it. I know what I'm talking about...

It doesn't vape evenly. It just doesn't. Yes there is a skill factory that can let you mitigate that... Feathering the button... The way you pack/grind your bowl... Using your free hand to stir the stem.... But using it as a unit, without fuss and hassle, you can expect uneven baking in the bowl, and in learning that it's one of those vapes where you NEED to stir your bowl to get an even bake.
Sounds like you need to use it more.

eideal852

I'm not sure who you mean here, but calling other members shills is against our rules. If you think someone is a shill, report it and we will deal with that. Please include your evidence.
Not at all, only issue was not "replying" properly to the message just before mine calling the Mi3 out as an known-inferior cash grab. \
So just snarky and unfunny, not accusatory.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Sorry, when someone makes a post like that after a few days with a vape it sounds like they're asking for advice on how to get more out of it... And my point was having experience with those other vapes could be negative comparing to the Milaana as they are all quite different...

I don't have Milaana3, but many previous versions, and as I said it sounds a lot like the OG Milaana, which had similar issues, though they could be managed with proper technique... The unregulated manual nature of this vape means you are not going to get even extraction and temp control without a fair amount of effort... That is ofcourse not for everyone though!

To use it without any fuss or hassle, to really know how to use it the best way for you, takes way more than a few days imo :2c::peace:

GetLeft

I don't know why stirring a bowl or a stem is considered to be such an inconvenience. Back in the day we'd never consider a bowl kicked without giving it a stir to make sure all the goods were properly consumed. I don't recall anyone ever complaining about that. As far as vapes are concerned, I have yet to own one that hasn't benefitted from a stir. Milaanas included (especially if they're packed too full and tamped too much).

I don't always stir, but when I do, it's worth it.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I don't know why stirring a bowl or a stem is considered to be such an inconvenience. Back in the day we'd never consider a bowl kicked without giving it a stir to make sure all the goods were properly consumed. I don't recall anyone ever complaining about that. As far as vapes are concerned, I have yet to own one that hasn't benefitted from a stir. Milaanas included (especially if they're packed too full and tamped too much).

I don't always stir, but when I do, it's worth it.
Grasshopper requires no stir. And the reason a lot of people don't like vapes that do require it is because when you're at a friends house or out n about you're not going to carry a stir stick with you most likely and sometimes finding one is harder than you'd think.

Jaurgh

Well for the second time in 2 days, my unit #71 refuses to work. Did this on me last night as I was writing my post, stopped working even after I swapped batteries. Last night it even smelled like burned electronics. I got it working again today but it quit on me half way through the bowl. I'm confirming I'm not imaging things. My Mi3 is broke.

Last edited:
Jaurgh,

LabPong

Well for the second time in 2 days, my unit #71 refuses to work. Did this on me last night as I was writing my post, stopped working even after I swapped batteries. Last night it even smelled like burned electronics. I got it working again today but it quit on me half way through the bowl. I'm confirming I'm not imaging things. My Mi3 is broke.

Sounds like you need to repair it......and you probably do not need any crash courses on electronics or Milaana schematics I am guessing. So.....let us know what the problem is when you figure it out. Thank you for your time..... ;)

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah, I don't think you could make an electronic circuit even simpler than the Milaana... I mean, it's an electric circuit, since there are no electronics... A cell, a resistance and a switch. We know the mesh can't just disappear or vaporize, at worst its resistance could change a bit due to partial shorts if you really mistreated it and al... so you're just left with the electric contacts, and it's well known that those have a ton of reasons to go wrong.

The good thing is, it's nearly always an easy fix!

Last edited:

Jaurgh

No, it's broken. Doesn't take an engineer to figure out what the smell of burnt circuitry is. I don't need blueprints to determine that it doesn't work (I'm really feeling the love in this community btw. A concerned consumer with a defective product being downplayed by fanboys). It worked one minute, now it's a paperweight that took 6 months to arrive. Instead I get insulted for sharing my experience.

Jaurgh,
Reactions: Tweakz

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
No, it's broken. Doesn't take an engineer to figure out what the smell of burnt circuitry is. I don't need blueprints to determine that it doesn't work (I'm really feeling the love in this community btw. A concerned consumer with a defective product being downplayed by fanboys). It worked one minute, now it's a paperweight that took 6 months to arrive. Instead I get insulted for sharing my experience.
You can express your opinion without resorting to calling members "fanboys" as that violates our Be Nice rule. You have made your dissatisfaction known already, so you can refrain from reiterating your complaints in this thread over and over as it would be another violation of our rules regarding company bashing. Please take another look at the rules you agreed to when you registered.

Thank you.

:peace:

Stu,

SquirrelMaster

My unit arrived a couple days ago (#047/500) but I'm still feeling under the weather so I haven't been able to try it out. I can't wait to take this thing for a rip, it feels excellent in hand. Compared to the Mi2 I love the rounded edges that rest against the palm of your hand, it's immediately noticeable as being nicer to hold. I have a habit of placing my pinky and/or ring finger under the bottom of my vapes for support so the button placement feels really good using my middle finger as the trigger finger. I'm really digging the wood grain and although I snapped some pics to post I then immediately gave the wood a "buttering" which darkened it slightly so I'll re-do my pictures and post them tomorrow if I have a chance. So far I like what I see.

@Jaurgh
I get it, your upset about your unit but you presented your problem and when another member tried to help you you bit their head off. If you're like me (or many others) you're also probably stressed as hell about the current virus situation but you need to lose the attitude and you'll see what a helpful community FC is.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Not at all, only issue was not "replying" properly to the message just before mine calling the Mi3 out as an known-inferior cash grab. \
So just snarky and unfunny, not accusatory.

Ah, so it was sarcasm. You might consider an emoji or something next time. ;)

pakalolo,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The Milaana 3 has been prone to a center hotspot for me too like @eideal852 and
others have described. While I get the idea of practicing getting on and off the button or adjusting your draw, I was curious if the delay we had for the change of screw meant that there might be a simple DIY approach to tame the heater somehow?

The Milaana 2 is more dialed in and I can just hold the button the whole time even with a fully charged cell. The Milaana 3 is still easy to use and I can postpone or mitigate the center spot with a bit of care. Really it seems more like a toasty two hitter and I'm not always in the mood for that. A few posts back @KeroZen was explaining how simple the circuit is and that had me wondering if there was a way way to dial it back with a different screw or some other hack that didn't involve rebuilding the heater or anything.

LabPong

A few posts back @KeroZen was explaining how simple the circuit is and that had me wondering if there was a way way to dial it back with a different screw or some other hack that didn't involve rebuilding the heater or anything.

Add resistance to the circuit somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom