Milaana 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbm

Best batteries to use for the Milaana? Waiting to get my 3, and I am thinking HG2 or VCT6. I am used the the 30Q’s but don’t think they will suit. Any info appreciated
I've been using HG2s and been happy with them, though I also used VTC5as when I first got my Mi2. I believe that RBT recommends HG2s for the Milaanas.

jbm,
Reactions: tb42091

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Best batteries to use for the Milaana? Waiting to get my 3, and I am thinking HG2 or VCT6. I am used the the 30Q’s but don’t think they will suit. Any info appreciated

30Q are absolutely fine, they are just like HG2, same mAh and same amps (30Q are underrated at 15A and are actually 18A, HG2 are overrated at 20A and are actually also 18A, both are fine to use in Milaana!

204Markie

I have a Milaana 2 and 3 and I think your characterizations are spot on. I tried the Milaana 2 last night with a fully charged LG HG2 to make sure I wasn't imagining the increased hot spot potential of the Mi3 and I confirmed that it behaves as you describe. With a bit of finesse I can still get great results but it does require more button/draw technique as opposed to the Mi2 where I can hold the button for the whole hit, let go, keep drawing a few extra seconds, and get dreamy clouds without any sort of hotspot.

You guys gotta stop posting about your shipping concerns here. These kinds of posts are getting reported and moved to another post about RBT shipping.

I'm not concerned, I was just expressing my excitement and in the hopes my unit has a 3 in the product number.

So you can chill, if anything I'm jealous of the early arrivals and I can't wait to share my own experience. No need to be a "Knight" when one isn't needed.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I will see my number today, Milaana will be here.
USPS from North Dakota to NY suburb, door to door in < 2 days, not too shabby!

A few weeks ago (before Mi3 landed in US) I emailed Cole, asking him if possibly they could not send quite so many stems since I have more than I need already. I made it worse by then specifying which two of their stems I might actually like to have. I'm assuming that he'll send about 5 anyway! but I'm curious...

Trackrat

last night I was looking at wooden stems to buy for my 3. Then I remembered that I have the RBT wobbly stem. When I put it in the hole it felt like it bottomed out and rested on the screen. I gathered up my 2, splinter and z and it fit them the way it was meant to be, with a slight wobble. So now I'm wondering if some of you with custom wooden stems can check the fit in a 3 and let me know how they fit in yours. I was looking at shorty stems that vgoodiez sells. Thanks

Trackrat,
Reactions: GetLeft
Got mine in the UK - really pleased with it. First Milaana for me - I can see why people refer to it as the electric sticky brick - it is just that! Here's a few pics:

IMG-20200313-131155.jpg

IMG-20200313-131219.jpg

IMG-20200313-131234.jpg

vapviking

Old & In the Way
#63 checking in.
It's my first Milaana, I've had a Splinter v1+ for a while.
Surprised/not surprised there are no instructions! Even the Splinter came with a humble slip of paper with some words on it.
I'm about 6 bowls in and my jury is still out. I was really looking fwd to full on-demand vaping, but I've clearly got some dialing-in to do with technique.
If I'm not real close to charring, then there's no real cloudage -- even though effects are there and abv is spent. I'm feeling a lot of heat in throat, more than with the Splinter.
I'm also getting really stoned in the trying, btw! :nod:

edit;
I do have to say, it is quite beautifully made.

Resinrider

I don't have mine yet , but from what I am hearing it sounds like sliding the herb further up the stem and further away from the heater may be helpful. Or possibly shove a screen further up the stem and keep the basket screen lower to hold in the load and act as a bit of a heat sink. Will also give it a bit of conduction to help even out the heat? I'm just spitballin' :hmm:

Resinrider,
Reactions: vapviking

vapviking

Old & In the Way
^ could be worth a shot. thanks.
I've yet to be successful installing any other than rimmed screens with the splinter stems (same a Mi3 stems) so maybe I gotta fool around with that and get some more distance from the heater.
I did bowl #7 with some upgraded material and my satisfaction level with Milaana was also upgraded a notch.

Shit Snacks

Yeah sounds like the Mi3 is the most Milaana yet, which means to regulate by feathering trigger. So spend less time in the trigger folks, give it a preheat, then start to draw and let go, give it a couple seconds while still drawing and press the button again for a few more, repeat as necessary. Keep at it, maybe try using only the Milaana3 and no other vapes so you can get a feel for it, with a consistent medium fine grind.

david8613

Yeah sounds like the Mi3 is the most Milaana yet, which means to regulate by feathering trigger. So spend less time in the trigger folks, give it a preheat, then start to draw and let go, give it a couple seconds while still drawing and press the button again for a few more, repeat as necessary. Keep at it, maybe try using only the Milaana3 and no other vapes so you can get a feel for it, with a consistent medium fine grind.

I don't have my milaana 3 yet but I agree 100% with shit snacks. Every Vape has its own personality. I have a few very nice vapes, and if I switch to a different vape each day my experience will suck, no vapor, charred bowls etc. If I keep using one vape for a good time period I become a pro with it, lots of clouds, great flavor, nice avb. Don't switch up so much, no 2 vapes are alike. By the way the pics look awesome, I'm loving the bottom brass plate, it looks incredible!

david8613

I have to admit from the pics I'm seeing here the Milaana3 has to be the prettiest vape out on the market right now, all that shiny golden brass and that super nice wood grain it just looks awesome . Only the sticky bricks has just as nice a look with wood. So excited and glad I ordered one. I wish the firing button was brass too, that would have been super klutch!

That booty shot on 052 is freaking nice!

SquirrelMaster

@david8613
Nomad 2.

The Mi3 is pretty damn sharp though, same with the 2's. It's too bad RBT didn't go a different direction as I feel like some of the custom units that have come out over the years have been incredibly beautiful and there is a demand for them. I still lust over the spalted maple version. I'm just glad to have some of their products in my lineup as this time last year I never thought I'd get the chance.

Shit Snacks

I am loving my new MI 3 both functionally and overall appearance. Ryans newest cooling stems work great too.

The weight, the feel, the look, the power, the vapor quality. Got a winner here IMO for anyone willing and able to drive a high speed manual.

So where are your pics comparing to previous RBT units?! You have a vast collection brother, show it off please! :whip:

david8613

So where are your pics comparing to previous RBT units?! You have a vast collection brother, show it off please! :whip:

Yeah man, don't be shy!

Yeah man, don't be shy!

I'm telling those butt shots are awesome! Rbt was smart putting a brass plate on the bottom, makes smaller and better looking

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom