Micro-dosing

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
It might already have been posted and this DaVinci article about microdosing isn't new, but it's bang on and a really useful bit of reading for new or existing cannabis users introducing themselves to microdosing. Don't worry, there's only a couple of references to their own products, it's still a useful read.
I've assumed the doses they've suggested are for dry herb, as they match my experience.
Thanks. Quite interesting. I was sort of surprised that they include lower THC in their discussion of microdosing for folks who don't want to get as stoned. Personally I think exactly the opposite: I want it strong so I can have fewer lung inputs. I also like their idea that microdosing is a way for folks who have had bad cannabis experiences to try again. Two of my closest friends, a couple, are afraid to puff anything, and so have had two bad out of control experiences with edibles with me, who is not a big fan of edibles. I'm going to try to get them to try one or two gentle puffs. Also made me take another look at the DaVinci IQ...as if I need another vape!

PS: Just did my every 10 or 14 day dosing cap refill. Used the scale on every cap. Cut down the amount even more, from .06 or .07gms in the bigger S-Bs(which can hold .15 or more) to .04gms and with the HR/POTV caps from .05 or .06 to .3gms

Last edited:

CANtalk

More good news with on microdosing journey here. I felt last week that I left some experience on the table with a little too high a dose. And lower doses always have quicker recovery time. So Friday today, after my weekday break I felt like I should microdose lower again than last week... it was successful :sherlock:. I'm haf right now :science::science:; it's awesome :lol:.

I went with 0.030 grams of a combo of Acapulco Gold and Sour Tangie strains, both very strong sativas. While the weighed amount was marginally less than many other bowls I typically vape, I decided to go with a single draw this time... I usually do three draws to fully extract. That means my dose is ~1/2 of the amount (or less) than I've typically been vaping (for months now). And as posted before, again I'm finding less is more :nod:. The experience has been top notch; I had a laughing fit in euphoria, and I later cried in euphoria :science:.

I'm sure there are a number of variables that can affect the cannabis vaping experience. That variability is likely due to a number of variables from bowl-to-bowl variability (at such low amounts the dose can vary significantly from bowl to bowl depending on the amount of pistils in the grind as well as sugar leaf vs cola) to tolerance level to mood to how well-rested, etc.... and I'm sure it often is. I try to minimize the variables in some ways using a premium quality desktop vape for high consistency, extraction and smoothness. My first sessions after a weekday break have been great, but notoriously variable when striving for the best-of-the-best experiences (90% versus 97.5%). Still, I've been recently (and over the long term) finding the trend that less-is-more for me with cannabis vaping, even with microdosing at small doses now :clap: :tup:. Don't knock it till you try it.

Everyone is different so find your own optimal microdosing zone :nod:... but always test it out from time to time to see if it can go lower
alienabduct.gif
. It seems I'm really sensitive to cannabis :razz:... and I religiously keep my tolerance low (apparently near zero). I get massive (and the best) experiences on the first day after the weekday break
FIREdevil.gif
. Cannabis breaks work.

Good luck, enjoy your cannabis journey. Microdosing can be revelatory :bowdown:... it has been here.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

CANtalk

Cheers and thank for the likes :tup:. Let me add to the context of yesterday's post for those trying microdosing :sherlock:. I ended up doing two 0.030 gram bowls of AG and ST, both with two dry low temp 320 F sessions and each session with one 15 second draw. It was potent and less overall vaping than I typically do, and a very different method for me as well.

Today I ended up finishing off both of those small 0.030 gram bowls off combined together at a higher 395 F temp, wet. It was a lighter dose and more sedative experience. Not surprising per se, but need to feel my way around with these amounts and new methods.

Enjoy the cannabis journey :peace: :leaf:

uncanni

Re: the Da Vinci article: I don't care at all for their rhetoric: "It is moving away from the ‘stoner’ mentality, and more so a lifestyle incorporating marijuana." I wonder exactly what they think a "stoner mentality" is--as if such a thing existed! It's a kind of manipulative language that turns me off completely.

There's no need to create another binary opposition that pits a superior and an inferior mode, between "cannabis lifestyle" and "stoner lifestyle"; I just don't buy it.

Gigsabits53

I say more power to you guys and gals that can microdose. I have tried to get the swing of it but I just dont have the makeup to pull it off. I would qualify myself as a macrodoser, especially ever since 45 was elected. I have had to deal with more anxiety and flat out anger over the last 3 years. Anyway, this microdosing thing will get my attention again someday, I hope.:)

TommyDee

Vaporitor
What exactly is the definition of micro-dosing? I am a heavy hitter only in that I medicate. However I have a moment available on the first draw of the day that still has the effects of old. Basically, I vape myself straight in short order.

But I have a second reason for asking. How do you micro-dose? Is the aim to size the load for a single draw? Elaborate please.

This is 'market research' in a way so I am looking for a consensus.

C No Ego

What exactly is the definition of micro-dosing? I am a heavy hitter only in that I medicate. However I have a moment available on the first draw of the day that still has the effects of old. Basically, I vape myself straight in short order.

But I have a second reason for asking. How do you micro-dose? Is the aim to size the load for a single draw? Elaborate please.

This is 'market research' in a way so I am looking for a consensus.
most are moderate dosing and not micro dosing ... it is about using as little as possible for an effect

uncanni

I say more power to you guys and gals that can microdose. I have tried to get the swing of it but I just dont have the makeup to pull it off. I would qualify myself as a macrodoser, especially ever since 45 was elected. I have had to deal with more anxiety and flat out anger over the last 3 years. Anyway, this microdosing thing will get my attention again someday, I hope.:)

Hey, ain't nothing wrong with macrodosing!! Especially in the past 3 plus years of agony and desperation.

Microdosing actually refers to taking a dose of a substance (usually a psychedelic such as LSD or Psilocybin) that is sub-therapeutic. Or just below the threshold of feeling an effect. I use the term, in relationship to cannabis, to refer to the smallest dose that produces satisfactory effects. This strategy prevents over consumption (i.e. macrodosing :evil:)
which down-regulates CB1 and CB2 receptors, requiring increasing doses to achieve the same effect.

shredder

From wiki,

Microdosing
, or micro-dosing, is a technique for studying the behaviour of drugs in humans through the administration of doses so low ("sub-therapeutic") they are unlikely to produce whole-body effects, but high enough to allow the cellular response to be studied.

Not that helpful for us.

To me its just a goal or ideal personal balance. I vape very little, but I use medibles daily. Maybe not Micro-dosing, but its a balance I feel comfortable with. Maybe when 46 gets here I can truly microdose, lol.

uncanni

Different circumstances call for different amounts. I simply vape the amount that feels right on a given day at a given time, and I consider my use medicinal if that means it keeps me calmer, less anxious, and more deeply conscious of the world around me and how to function kindly in it.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Different circumstances call for different amounts. I simply vape the amount that feels right on a given day at a given time, and I consider my use medicinal if that means it keeps me calmer, less anxious, and more deeply conscious of the world around me and how to function kindly in it.
I agree with your access experience !
The quality does depend on your need’s?
$ might effect your dosage ?
Culture wise I don’t get it?
Medical is my journey!
Recreational was my starting point?
It’s a decent medication that get’s one through the day!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I wouldn't exactly call it a cheap hobby!!! Where I am, I'm an underground indoor outlaw grower.
In CALIFORNIA it’s legal!
Outside is cheaper than indoor?
Pop seed’s & pull the male’s is all you have to do!
The yield & COLAS are the draw?
Automatic sprinkler’s do some of the task!

Top Bottom