• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Micro-dosing

CANtalk

Another update along my microdosing journey for those interested. Like many, I tend to vary cannabis vaping microdose amounts depending on my mood and I'm looking for... it's up and down. In my most recent experience and first days use after my weekly break, I made an explicit attempt to keep the individual and total microdose amounts low for the day. Here's how it played out in detail.

The first vape session (after my weekly break) incorporated 0.035-0.040 grams of strong sativa cannabis vaped at ~320 F (in a premium convection desktop vape) and consisted of one 15 s draw. It was strong and potent with visible vapor. About two hrs later I did a second session, same ~320 F temp and another single 15 s draw (light vapor). It lasted me another two hours with strong effects. Then I bumped the temp up to ~395 F and did two 12 second draws to finish the bowl off. It wasn't much at all for visible vapor but that last me another two hours with impressive effects.

~6 hrs after the first microdose bowl, I put together a second fresh bowl of cannabis with the same amount (0.035-0.040 grams) and did one more 320 F session with a single 15 s draw again. That was it for the rest of the night.

I was planning to do another session or two but never needed it at all (and was smart to stop).

So overall... from vaping a 0.035-0.040 gram dose, plus a single low temp vape draw from another similar amount, I ended up having potent effects for 10.5 hrs (before going to bed late) and slept poorly, haha. Microdosing is definitely giving me strong and potent effects.

Here's a picture of that 0.035-0.040 grams of strong sativa cannabis after vaping to ~395F. It's sitting on standard lined notepad paper.
8308y7gq6gp41.jpg

Here's some further info. The first day after my weekly cannabis break is always when sensitivity is the highest (and it's commonly known). After that, my tolerance builds very quickly. I'll vape similar amounts on the second day in a row (and sometimes add another dose and its sessions) and the effects will be impressive but not as strong as the first day. That trend continues on the third day of vaping in a row as well.

My testing and evaluation shows consistent cannabis breaks every week are an important part of keeping my tolerance low and the effects strong. And there's still room to move lower if I want. Microdosing is working well.

Good luck and enjoy your cannabis journey.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Re: the Da Vinci article: I don't care at all for their rhetoric: "It is moving away from the ‘stoner’ mentality, and more so a lifestyle incorporating marijuana." I wonder exactly what they think a "stoner mentality" is--as if such a thing existed! It's a kind of manipulative language that turns me off completely.

There's no need to create another binary opposition that pits a superior and an inferior mode, between "cannabis lifestyle" and "stoner lifestyle"; I just don't buy it.
Thank you. Brilliant point, @uncanni .

happynomoretobacco

Another update along my microdosing journey for those interested. Like many, I tend to vary cannabis vaping microdose amounts depending on my mood and I'm looking for... it's up and down. In my most recent experience and first days use after my weekly break, I made an explicit attempt to keep the individual and total microdose amounts low for the day. Here's how it played out in detail.

The first vape session (after my weekly break) incorporated 0.035-0.040 grams of strong sativa cannabis vaped at ~320 F (in a premium convection desktop vape) and consisted of one 15 s draw. It was strong and potent with visible vapor. About two hrs later I did a second session, same ~320 F temp and another single 15 s draw (light vapor). It lasted me another two hours with strong effects. Then I bumped the temp up to ~395 F and did two 12 second draws to finish the bowl off. It wasn't much at all for visible vapor but that last me another two hours with impressive effects.

~6 hrs after the first microdose bowl, I put together a second fresh bowl of cannabis with the same amount (0.035-0.040 grams) and did one more 320 F session with a single 15 s draw again. That was it for the rest of the night.

I was planning to do another session or two but never needed it at all (and was smart to stop).

So overall... from vaping a 0.035-0.040 gram dose, plus a single low temp vape draw from another similar amount, I ended up having potent effects for 10.5 hrs (before going to bed late) and slept poorly, haha. Microdosing is definitely giving me strong and potent effects.

Here's a picture of that 0.035-0.040 grams of strong sativa cannabis after vaping to ~395F. It's sitting on standard lined notepad paper.
8308y7gq6gp41.jpg

Here's some further info. The first day after my weekly cannabis break is always when sensitivity is the highest (and it's commonly known). After that, my tolerance builds very quickly. I'll vape similar amounts on the second day in a row (and sometimes add another dose and its sessions) and the effects will be impressive but not as strong as the first day. That trend continues on the third day of vaping in a row as well.

My testing and evaluation shows consistent cannabis breaks every week are an important part of keeping my tolerance low and the effects strong. And there's still room to move lower if I want. Microdosing is working well.

Good luck and enjoy your cannabis journey.

do you make these breaks every week?
for how long do you break?

happynomoretobacco,
Reactions: C No Ego
Thank you. Brilliant point, @uncanni .
Actually, I quite agree with the DaVinci article. Especially this quote which clarifies what the stoner lifestyle is...
"When people think of marijuana, they think of bongs, blazing up, and stoners. People so baked that they can’t even get off the couch. This mentality is changing because of the exposure and knowledge about cannabis with studies such as this."
Ive been to the Emerald Cup and High Times festivals and seen people taking huge bong hit after bong hit and smoking 3 ft long "joints" filled with a pound or two of the herb. That's behavior and consumption levels Im not interested in.
Microdosers are not interested in consuming a maximum amount of THC to the point of getting what we used to accurately label "getting stupid", or "blotto."
I'm 72 and first smoked "pot" in April 1965. Been there and done it all.

CANtalk

do you make these breaks every week?
for how long do you break?
Yup. My routine is to take a break from Mon-Thurs. The odd time I indulge and do an extra day, such as long weekends, holiday, etc. These breaks are very important in keeping my tolerance low. As @Mushroomturtle mentions, tolerance can climb very quickly (mine does).

TommyDee

Vaporitor
My tolerance has climbed to vaping myself straight. The only reprise is a new farm which is also short-lived. Basically I get a 1/2-hr a day buzz and the rest goes to medicinal benefits. This has been the case while smoking and now, since Aug'19, vaping. Now body high - different story. I feel it in the tendons which is the medicine working.

happynomoretobacco

I don't think I've missed a day vaping in 2 - 3 years, but the Microdose mindset still keeps my tolerance in check.
The only days i missed "weeding" in the last 30 years was when i was travelling. Because if there is a reason ( deathtoll in Thailand for example) it was easy to show to myself that i am not addicted and do a break no matter all other around are smoking weed like hell.
But i always tried to stay in the 1G/day areas - sometime thats hard work

@CANtalk this sounds like a lot of break - i think too much for me

Last edited:

happynomoretobacco

i would be interested to hear your LDS (low dosage system)
mine are: lowest amount 0.025 up to 0.05
i choose from:
some nice draws:
smono3 (like fury, fenix mini,....) : fine grinded and on top a glass spacer 5 mm high....start at 190c then 200c and for the last draw 220c

one hard hit:
fenix2 with the top from a dosing capsule ( a concentrate pad or screen will work also as spacer) on the top of the load - 220 c but start slow drawing around 195c.
and also in the last times with some advise from FC-members the arizer EQ elbow packed thru a wp

Last edited:

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Hiya, for these size doses at home I would mostly be using:

Dynavap (either Omni Ti smallest setting, or SS tamped down via dry WP). Very pleasing/thorough extraction.

Splinter with rimmed basket screen (capped with regular disc screen). For a tastier mini-session.

If I'm out in public then I use a Crafty (dosing capsule with rimless basket as a reducer) or the Flowermate Cap (with a ball of hemp fibre on top as a reducer).

I enjoy configuring vapes to work efficiently with small size doses very much. I used to enjoy configuring vapes to take macro loads but I've gone completely the other way now.

CANtalk

@CANtalk this sounds like a lot of break - i think too much for me
Four days off, three days vaping. That's just my schedule and it's not supposed to be for everyone.... I'm just here to see what others are doing, share my microdosing experience and learn from it and others. People seek different endpoints for cannabis and vaping, as @TommyDee mentions too.

i choose from:
some nice draws:
smono3 (like fury, fenix mini,....) : fine grinded and on top a glass spacer 5 mm high....start at 190c then 200c and for the last draw 220c

one hard hit:
fenix2 with the top from a dosing capsule ( a concentrate pad or screen will work also as spacer) on the top of the load - 220 c but start slow drawing around 195c.
and also in the last times with some advise from FC-members the arizer EQ elbow packed thru a wp
I described my routine/method in detail earlier for those interested (temps, draw times, sessions, etc). At home I use the VapeXhale Cloud EVO and a coarse grind. When out, i use an ultraportable Crafty and the same grind. I also have the capsules which I sometimes use, other times not.

Last edited:

Vapinmofo

I Love microdosing.
I use a measured PINCH (I have a spoon) into my volcano filling chamber with a liquid pad on top of it.
The amount of medium grind flower is 0.050 gram or 50 Milligrams. Give or take a little.
I fill one bag and toss the abv. it is well extracted.
I do this at 6-7 on the Volcano classic knob.
I do not usually get flower these days which is under 20% THC.
That bag may have 8-10 Milligram of thc!!

The vapor is very smooth.
It can be harsh if too much flower goes into the filling chamber.
OR I use a temperature which is too high.

I have found a thing which works well.
Until recently this was an evening thing only.
I now find that a bag or two during the day is quite nice.

best Vapinmofo

happynomoretobacco

it looks like many people prefer a kind of vapcap - i tried sometimes but failed....i not really like the result i got not really vapor from it

happynomoretobacco,

C No Ego

Funny....i know these words from my wife already :bang:
I had varying results with the OG glass vap cap ... ended up using it on the Odin vape as a glass attachment instead .. Odin vape died so glass vapcap is put away ... I like a stationary heater that operates through buttons and heat range adjusted via up and down buttons ... my set up now is Fury2 WPA glass piece to put ALAP ( as little as possible) in there for a dose ... Have been using CBD weed lately mixed with some THC too and this blend needs the highest heat setting possible to release so my mindset of small hits is clouded ( Jaded! Clouds) ...
just Keeping FC Wacky @ every post

Top Bottom