Discontinued MagickWand Vaporizer

MG23

Relaxin'
Here's a little trick i've found. Cover the top with the palm of your hand as you hit it and then lift it with your cupped palm to clear it. It will milk an EHLE 250 easily because of the highly reduced airflow. I kind've wish I had a cork for the top if I was sure it was completely okay to do.

MG23,
Ha, Matty, I've experimented with the same.

Basically so others understand, the air intake on the MW is mostly through the open top of the tube, with a little air coming through the tiny hole where the cords are snaked through. Plugging the top of the tube with your palm increases the vapor to air ratio, it also seems to increase the "hotspot" in the center of the bowl, and may be ill advised for the longevity of the unit, but only Hipi can tell us for sure.

You know, it's funny, we've all been comparing this to the VHW or the LSV, but it's really more akin to the Herborizer XL than anything else.

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: Bananiq

MG23

Relaxin'
I'd like to hear him chime in on the subject as well. I've been doing it near the end of packs or when I really want to (repeatedly) milk a pack that just covers the screen. The only downside I see so far is that clearing it all at once as opposed to breathing it in steadily makes it a bit harsher to hold in.

MG23,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
*Secret ninja milking techniques?*
Don't worry about longevity of the unit, heater fails, you get a new one. Regardless of that fact holding your hand over the top would be great for milking it.

I'm glad you guys are doing well with the units. Your success stories make me feel good for just starting out.

*Shipping method recall*
Any shipping problems due to crazy postmen? E-mail me. We will be getting new boxes and packaging for shipping because its not gunna fly the way we have been shipping them before. Any tips?

*bag-blowing kits*
We will have them out soon but first to let you know, if you have an incognito already, save yourself the trouble and dont buy the whole kit.

*To answer the vertical percolator questions*
The bowls we use are half bowl, half adapter. If you have the 18.8mm adapter , you may be able to put the herb on the other side than normal and adapt a screen into the open end via the thumbtack with a rim design to hold the herb in. I don't plan on going to into the vertical perc zone (hydratree ect.) but if you guys want a screen made for the 18.8 adapter bowl we can do that for ya or tell you how.

*Investors?*
hahahahahahaha want to get rich or stay rich or help with some cool designs? We have more than just Vaporizers that we are into and this includes revolutionary free-energy/free-gas devices (not solar :cool: ).

HiPi,
HiPi said:
Don't worry about longevity of the unit, heater fails, you get a new one. Regardless of that fact holding your hand over the top would be great for milking it.

This is great to hear. Let the experimentation commence..

Very curious about the bag blowing unit, that's going to rock some serious vape world if you keep the price point low enough. Made in US wand-n-bag blower for less than a ransom is very appealing.

charliedontsurf,

MG23

Relaxin'
HiPi said:
*bag-blowing kits*
We will have them out soon but first to let you know, if you have an incognito already, save yourself the trouble and dont buy the whole kit.

Could use a little more explanation on this. :)

MG23,

caseball2051

or a video ;)

was hopin to put my MW to good use today but I am still screenless :( hopefully they come in tomrorow. Im not disappointed though. I got this for a summer treat anyway

caseball2051,

mlo4sho

Yeah the screens HiPi sent work much better than the 3/4" screens I had on me. Seeing some real nice milk in my tube and I'm using pretty small amounts of herb. I'll have to try covering the hole now that I have the proper screenage. Did it before because, well, I was curious :p but now I would like to see how it really works. So far I have no complaints about the MW. It's quite amazing actually how many hits you can get off a tiny amount of bud. Taste is out of this world, too. I'm only vaping mids and this thing makes it seem like it's name brand herb! Haha, very pleased only thing I would like to see different is perhaps a smaller bowl to make using smaller amounts easier and a way to hold the screen in place (it moves around a bit especially if I try to stir) as I get a few pieces around the edges of the screen and sometimes some falls through. Not a big deal from a functionality standpoint, just more of personal preferences. I'll be doing more thorough testing in the weeks to come, hopefully be able to make a nice vid if it's cool with HiPi. Great work, HiPi, you've done a fine job.

mlo4sho,

keifrichards

Shh! I'm Taping Here
Hey HiPi

Have you ever thought of offering a DC plug version with a pot on the cord? This would enable a battery to be plugged in.. Portable... :-) Add whip and vape...

I am looking for a unit that does this. I need 9-12v dc in for a walmart style dvd batter. Vape for hours. it would work for the incognito as well.

There is a whole crew of us who are tapers and music festival goers who can pretty much smoke up at will but there is no great white-out portable vaporizer when you are on the field. having DC in enables us who carry 5 of these batteries in our taping bags to blow thunder clouds ;-) At times we have AC if the festival boards provide it but this is a pain.

Thanks

Keif...

keifrichards,

abo27495

mlo4sho said:
Yeah the screens HiPi sent work much better than the 3/4" screens I had on me. Seeing some real nice milk in my tube and I'm using pretty small amounts of herb. I'll have to try covering the hole now that I have the proper screenage. Did it before because, well, I was curious :p but now I would like to see how it really works. So far I have no complaints about the MW. It's quite amazing actually how many hits you can get off a tiny amount of bud. Taste is out of this world, too. I'm only vaping mids and this thing makes it seem like it's name brand herb! Haha, very pleased only thing I would like to see different is perhaps a smaller bowl to make using smaller amounts easier and a way to hold the screen in place (it moves around a bit especially if I try to stir) as I get a few pieces around the edges of the screen and sometimes some falls through. Not a big deal from a functionality standpoint, just more of personal preferences. I'll be doing more thorough testing in the weeks to come, hopefully be able to make a nice vid if it's cool with HiPi. Great work, HiPi, you've done a fine job.
HIPI, Ever think of making a disc diffused type bowl, or really anything with a built in glass screen?

abo27495,

B.

War Criminal
ok, first impression- this thing rocks! I had a session last night using a bubbler and a hookah. loaded .1 in each bowl and took a few hits off each, and the bud hasnt even begun to turn even a little bit brow and I got super ripped. the flavor is amazing, even 3 or 4 hits in I expected the flavor to diminish but it still tasted awesome. im gonna get to know my wand a little better and ill post a full review,but after one night of use im very very satisfied with this purchase.

well done HiPi.

B.,

abo27495

How often do you raise the temp on the MW? Mine is coming tomorrow and I really cant wait.

abo27495,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
abo27495 said:
How often do you raise the temp on the MW? Mine is coming tomorrow and I really cant wait.
Not often usually. You can do what you like as far as the temp goes, Is very easy learning curve for most. Kinda hard to burn your stuff up if you know how to use a vaporizer. The guide of the green light takes out alot of guess work without the need for a guage.

@B.
SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

Lets get some bag blowing and some hookah going soon and lets see how things go then! I am just as excited as you guys are because I am using the same exact model and I've learned some cheat codes along the way for this thing that might just change the design a little. Charlie dont surf has a model that can do a supreme cheat code that no one elses can do exactly the same and thats gather heat from the outer ring and suck it into the inner ring just by holding his hand over the back hole. The technique is called "The supercharger" .

HiPi,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
caseball2051 said:
or a video ;)

was hopin to put my MW to good use today but I am still screenless :( hopefully they come in tomrorow. Im not disappointed though. I got this for a summer treat anyway

Ok I can do a video soon, my old bag blowing unit blew because I threw too much voltage through the motor during testing. I'll have one that works well soon, I 've been comparing this to "XXXX" blowing times and "XXXX" blowing times and this MW straight smokes them hard core and still retains heat so you can take a normal drag right after blowing a super fat bag. If building vaporizer add-ons makes you laugh all day then you know you are doing it right!

HiPi,

B.

War Criminal
cant wait for the bag blower, im not surprised that blowin a bag doesnt kill the heat, I took 3 huge rips one directly after the other last night, with the goal of challenging theheating element. if anything, the third rip was milkier because by then the bowl and the herb had been heated up by the first two hits.

sorry if this has been asked already...do I need to unplug the wand for it to be off, or can I just turn the dial all the way down?

also,HiPi, how did you come to settle on the green light temp? did you just try different settings until you found what you liked?

I love the temp,btw. nice to know I can get ithotter
if I want,but so far right at the green light has been good for me .

B.,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
B. said:
cant wait for the bag blower, im not surprised that blowin a bag doesnt kill the heat, I took 3 huge rips one directly after the other last night, with the goal of challenging theheating element. if anything, the third rip was milkier because by then the bowl and the herb had been heated up by the first two hits.

sorry if this has been asked already...do I need to unplug the wand for it to be off, or can I just turn the dial all the way down?

also,HiPi, how did you come to settle on the green light temp? did you just try different settings until you found what you liked?

I love the temp,btw. nice to know I can get ithotter
if I want,but so far right at the green light has been good for me .
turning the dial down will completely stop all voltage from coming through. Its a 100 percent closed circuit.

@The light question
Thats a secret o.O but I am glad that it works so well for you! Alot of people like the light temp as it seems to make the herb last for a very very very long time. Maximum thc extraction without additional CBDs being released as a byproduct. Thats the reason why it tastes so good is because of the thc release being almost exclusive with a little aromatherapy of the herb itself.

HiPi,

caseball2051

How is everyone doing with their wand? I'm hoping to be able to use mine for the first time this weekend at some point. End of this semester is killing me, unfortunately. Its all worth it though i guess.

Ill be posting two pictures for anyone interested shortly. The first will be a picture of the unit, bowl and wall adapter. The second will be the wand hooked up to my EHLE 250ml tube.

Happy vaping.

heres one for yall

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

caseball2051,

B.

War Criminal
[h]revelation[/h]
I've had the mw for a few days now and i love it. So far most if not all of my sessions have been .1 or above, but last night I tried a .05 out( a max loaded mz stem or a modest lb trench), and it definitly got me super high, but in a different manner than i'm used too. i don't know why, but i've always gone for the thickest, densest vapor i could achieve, and i still love that, but it was an interesting change of pace to reach a familiar place via an alternate route. The first thing i noticed is that while i was exhaling plenty of vapor when i blew my hit in the light, the vapor looked and felt pretty thin, especially compared to what my mz can do with a similar amount. however the taste was spectacular, and what i really loved is how long the taste and .05 lasted. I was able to get at least 5 or 6 tasty hits(i think, i wasn't really counting and i was vaked) , and more that had diminished flavor, and after a half hour and a bunch of rips i was nice and toasty, right where i like to be.

i really like the act of vaping, especially when the flavors there. being able to take 3 times as many hits, but not get 3 times as high is actually a good thing for me sometimes. i get to hit my glass more, and thats fun. i like the process.the ritual. sometimes i'm not ready to stop vaping, but im already super high and i don't want more.

[h]mw comparisons[/h]

vs ssv: i greatly prefer the wand for ease of use,flavor, heat retention and consistency of temp. while i love my ssv, it's served me well for 5 years now, my only gripe is that sometimes my heating element or heater cover will change their position and even though i turned my nob to the same spot i did last session, i'll be pulling way hotter air than last time and bam! combustion. this doesn't happen often, but when it does it sucks. i don't ever see this being an issue with the mw. plus, you can use a whip with the mw, but you can't use the ssv on glass or a hookah like you can with the mw.

.05 in my mz provides a very similar high but in fewer, more concentrated hits due to the significantly smaller size of the bowl and the airpath, its a much higher vapor to air ratio, but only the first hit taste really good, unlike the mw whichs provides way more tasty hits. i've never really challenged the mz in a group setting like i have the ssv, so i can't compare heat retention. i feel like these are complimentary vapes, each doing well what the other doesn't. I can't take a giant lung buster with the mz like i can with the mw, and the mw doesn't give rich hit off of smaller loads like the mz does.

completely different animal than the lb, so i won't compare. get them both. now.

i only had my extreme for a short while, long ago, so i don't really feel qualified to compare. if i had no vapes and had to pick one, i'd definitely go with the mw.

dominates the vapir air one and the vapor buddy, and i put both of those into the never buy for any reason ever category. they don't even deserve to be compared to the mw.

on the other side of this coin, i took three fatty rips on a .3+ an hour ago and i'm still super toasty :ko:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4/30 12:31 am
EDIT so as not to double post.

took some fatty rips on a .4 bowl. super tasty. super thick vapor. i hit the mw as hard as i could and it hit back! i took a few huge rips back to back to see if i could put a dent in the mw's heat but the last hit was just as powerful as the first, if not more so due to the heated bowl and herb. there's also almost zero drag added to my glass with the mw. lovin this thing.

my only two issues thus far: the unit gets really really hot on the bottom 2/3s. it's totally fine to hold at the top, even after having been on for 18 hours yesterday. but still, it could do some damage if you're not careful.

also, i've noticed that the screen isn't keeping all the bud particles in the bowl. i was hoping that once the screen got gunked up a bit it would kinda seal itself, but i use fresh water in my glass every day and i still see more bud particles in the water than with my other vapes. its not a lot, but more than i'm used to(almost none). not a huge deal.let me marinate on it for a couple days, i'll think of a solution. or maybe someone's already figured out a trick?

HiPi- any word on the bag blower? did you get my email about the custom bowl?

B.,
Reactions: Bananiq

mlo4sho

Hmm... anyone know what kind of whip to use with this vape? Unfortunately, I broke my bong last night :( I still want to use my MW but I've got no glass to use it with and probably won't have a replacement for a while. Does HiPi sell a whip to use with this unit or does anyone know of another whip that will work? Sorta bummed due to my own clumsiness.

mlo4sho,

B.

War Criminal
hipi where ya been? no posts or email response for a few days now? I hope big brother isnt givin ya a hard time

B.,

abo27495

So far I'm loving my MW. The hookah bowl is incredible and its convenient to use with my abv at the wand's highest setting. Heat up time is probably over 5 mins, but to heat it up I set it on high and then dial back. I have also been using my mw like a vriptech using a toro ice-pinch slide and it is incredible and very efficient.

abo27495,
Top Bottom