Discontinued MagickWand Vaporizer

I have experimented with using a glass chillum which flares nicely at the end, packed very small, pressed to the tip of the MW like one might use the SSV, and I guess some Hakkos have steel heater covers which work perfectly for it too. The idea of using the MW with an ice pinch seems like it would work awesome, have you found ramping the temperature up or down necessary?

For those with box vapes collecting dust, if you don't mind holding them in place, these same kind of trick can be done with their heating elements. Anything which works that has a male GonG joint for a heater cover.

charliedontsurf,

abo27495

Just at the green light works perfectly with the ice-pinch. I usually go a little higher when using the mw bowls though.

abo27495,

caseball2051

hopin HiPi is just very busy with too many orders.

Got to use my wand for the first time yesterday. I was impressed with the first use. I wont write up a detailed review until i spend some mroe time with it, though.

I used to be a huge supporter of effeciency as the #1 prerequisite for buying a unit...its not so high on my list anymore. This was my first time using a true variable temperature vape adn I loved it. I may have packed a larger load, but I was able to get more out of my herbs over a longer amount of time with the wand and I really liked the full spectrum of qualities the herb had to offer.

Cant wait to dial it in and figure out all the secrets of the unit. I think itll be even better.

how long do you guys let your unit warm up before using it?

caseball2051,

B.

War Criminal
to get started ive found just a few minutes on full blast gets it hot then I turn it down to just past where the light comes on.

B.,

jackmormon

I wonder if there are some calibration differences in these units. My MW takes a SOLID 30 minutes to warm up before it will truly vape producing clouds. I have been using it at slightly past the "noon" position which is past where the light turns on. (Maybe there is some break-in time as I have only used mine 4 times so far.) Neat design though.

jackmormon,

B.

War Criminal
i timed it just now for my first puff of the day on a glorious day off of the acid mines. i let it heat on full blast for 4 minutes, then down to just past the light. my second rip was so huge i coughed it out after like 5 seconds seconds. two rips on a .2 bowl and i'm blasted :)

Krazy-any chance you could do a quick MW vs VXC comparison?

edit : just took a couple more rips but this time using my hookah. I really like the hookah,but it's not as tasty as my bub. great with groups. 3 people simultaneously ripping on the mw didn't put a dent in the heat retention.

hipi- any updates on the bag blower?

B.,

mlo4sho

Hmm... is the one on the website my only option? I was hoping to be able to get something for cheap. Is there no replacement hose/whip that will fit? I see a bunch on eBay i'm just not sure if they will fit, or even how it would work.

mlo4sho,

snackmaster

I picked up an MW for the 4/20 special, and so far I like it quite a bit (although I didn't get any screens, so I've been forced to fend for myself). I've had similar issues as a couple other posters who mentioned problems with herb getting past the screen - not a deal breaker by any means, but I'd like to come up with some kind of solution for it. I'll try to post a more in-depth review once I've used it a little more.

mlo4sho said:
Hmm... is the one on the website my only option? I was hoping to be able to get something for cheap. Is there no replacement hose/whip that will fit? I see a bunch on eBay i'm just not sure if they will fit, or even how it would work.

Just about any hands-free whip you'll find on ebay should work with the MW. What exactly do you mean by how it would work? I've used a whip with my MW (to avoid losing herb with the stock bowl) and it worked just fine. Just laid it on a cork pad on my coffee table and hooked up the whip. I'm currently looking for some sort of stand to hold the MW for whip-use, and so far the best I've come up with is a stand for a flat iron. Anyone have any better ideas?

snackmaster,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
jackmormon said:
I wonder if there are some calibration differences in these units. My MW takes a SOLID 30 minutes to warm up before it will truly vape producing clouds. I have been using it at slightly past the "noon" position which is past where the light turns on. (Maybe there is some break-in time as I have only used mine 4 times so far.) Neat design though.

After using mine yesterday a bit, i agree. The MW seems to works a lot better once the entire unit is heated.

@B. I did do some comparisons of the VXC and the MW in the VXC thread. I do think Hipi did a good job taking a preexisting heating element, and designing new housing for it in a wand type vape. But the VXC was designed from the ground up to do one thing only, produce the thickest clouds of vape with the best heat retention on the market. Believe me, they succeeded. Dont want to put too many of the vxc benefits in this thread... but go ahead and peak the VXC thread and my review.

IAmKrazy2,

B.

War Criminal
thanks, i'll have to dig that up, with how often i'm checkin that thread i cant believe i missed it(or i was too vaked when i read it and don't recall :ko: )

i have to assume a big difference would be that the mw gets it heat retention from its monster heating element, and iirc the cloud is smart, and adjusts itself when u hit it so it doesn't drop in temp. does that sound right?

B.,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
Our vape gently goes through the herb so it takes about 30 thick rips or so for us to get the herb to around where the VXC gets to in about 4 to 6 hits but that has nothing to do with the how medicated you get. We are also trying to go for a multi use vape. Our primary sales are pitched in stores for aromatherapy because of the aromabowl attachment that we haven't advertised on the website. We also are trying to enter the bag blowing market strongly as well as hookahs and bongs so for the price of the MW, it still has punch for the price in my opinion. I'll never knock another vape company for a different route but we have different goals. I know that MagickWand will always get compared to the all the wand vapes, all the bag blowing vapes, all the box vapes, ect but as long as our customers are happy being able to do whatever they want with their one vape (if thats the goal) then thats good customer satisfaction for us. ;)

Wherever the VXC cannot go, the MW's adapters will take it there so thats pretty cool at least and vice versa for the hydratubes and our 18.8 adapter. Its a fair market for vapes now.

BTW WE are pickin up speed in this new area now so we will be back on track soon.

HiPi,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
HiPi said:
Our vape gently goes through the herb so it takes about 30 thick rips or so for us to get the herb to around where the VXC gets to in about 4 to 6 hits but that has nothing to do with the how medicated you get. We are also trying to go for a multi use vape. Our primary sales are pitched in stores for aromatherapy because of the aromabowl attachment that we haven't advertised on the website. We also are trying to enter the bag blowing market strongly as well as hookahs and bongs so for the price of the MW, it still has punch for the price in my opinion. I'll never knock another vape company for a different route but we have different goals. I know that MagickWand will always get compared to the all the wand vapes, all the bag blowing vapes, all the box vapes, ect but as long as our customers are happy being able to do whatever they want with their one vape (if thats the goal) then thats good customer satisfaction for us. ;)

Wherever the VXC cannot go, the MW's adapters will take it there so thats pretty cool at least and vice versa for the hydratubes and our 18.8 adapter. Its a fair market for vapes now.

BTW WE are pickin up speed in this new area now so we will be back on track soon.

I dont know how one would use the hydratube with the MW. The MW bowl would be upside-down under the hydra tree. I would assume one could get 18.8 adapters for the VXC to be used with anything the MW can be used with but i am uncertain. I really only use 18.8mm anyway. Not sure what diameter a hookah bowl is, i barely have used any, or if a 18.8 mm to hookah is something that can just be purchased.

I used my MW a bit today, and do think that performance is helped by putting your hand over the opening in the MW, which i forgot to mention in my review. A bit wispier vapor without blocking the hole. This does cut down on the one handed or no handed factor if looking for thicker hits.

IAmKrazy2,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
We have tested it with a thumbtack style blocking screen inside the 18.8 adapter upside down.

HiPi,

B.

War Criminal
hipi-any idea when the bag blower will be ready?

also, I was wondering if its possible to do a bowl with a smaller inner diameter so I could get thicker hits off smaller loads? same outer diameter as the regular bowk, but thicker walls. ifso, i'll buy one ad soin as u give me the green light.

got the mw almost 2 weeks ago, and its pretty much the only vape I use(zap stays plugged in tho,ssv packed away), exceptfor a little lb action when im on the go.

I've come to find that I like the temp just a bit higher than the green light minimum.

B.,
Mmmm, and a mostly glass bag blower. Suck on that, Storz and Bickel.

Edit: I talked to HiPi about upgrading my MW, which is one of the near-beta models. It has a different heater, fewer silicone rings, etc.. Well instead of asking me to mail him out my old unit, he's decided to just mail me one of the new ones! This is a prime example of superb customer service, and really shows that HiPi is intending to take care of all of us. Thanks dude!

This is a good time to reiterate that the MW has been my primary vape since I got it, with the glass VG butting in a bit and the HA making the best of the ABV. MW is tits.

charliedontsurf,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I like the looks of this deivce...but what can it do for me that my Extreme + water tool can't do. This appear to be all glass, but aside from that, is there a performance difference? I used my EQ as a 'heat gun' with my water tool and it worked very well. I just don't want to buy another vape to have it do the same thing one I already got does. I'm NOT knocking your product, I just want to know if its worth purchasing seeing how I already have an EQ and a Vapobowl for my glass piece.

Thanks

finchrock24,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
finchrock24 said:
I just want to know if its worth purchasing seeing how I already have an EQ and a Vapobowl for my glass piece.

The worth is in the eyes of the beholder my friend and I and many people all over the world see this vape as worth it BUT those people are not typically in a position where they feel they have a vaporizer that fulfills thier needs from what I've seen. Many of those people that are the exception are FC connoisseurs and lots of them have wands and vapes of a various caliber. I think the reviews and product features can give you an idea weither its a useful it for your purposes or not, from there its easy to tell if you wanna spend about $150 on a hands free glass vape. I stand behind my products and they are all made by hand and shipped by hand.
Now I have a better shipping arrangement due to past experiences but its a personal relationship with a vape manufacturer here on FC, not a company really, its just me and my wife :p, not even vaporstore parts, not anything, we are independant.
I want to keep work and quality product in the United States and thats harder to do at our prices but 100% possible. Sorry for rambling. :)

To answer your question, If you like what you got, no need for more right?

HiPi,
As I've said in a previous review post in this thread, any piece with its heater enclosed in a 18.8mm male (or hypothetically a 14.4mm male) can be used with any number of bowls with a female top.

For instance, every box vape in history could hypothetically be used as a wand vaporizer. The extreme, vaportower (related, I know), the hotbox, vaporbrothers, etc..

However, all those vapes are big, cumbersome, heavy and kind of a B to use as a wand vape. I haven't handled a EXQ personally but I've seen the videos, it's for sure doable but the MW seems alot more effortless. The MW could be hit by a no-armed man, literally. Its heater is larger than most in the industry and has great heat retention, with what is practically a negligible "hot spot," distributing its heat very evenly. I'm pretty much very happy with my MW.

None of us "need" any vaporizer beyond our first one as long as it works well for us. I for one am trying to narrow down my collection significantly, just because... Well, you can only use one vape at a time, you know? It's nice to have a collection of maybe 2 to maybe 6 that suit different situations and uses, and beyond that, it's just kind of collecting for academic purposes. Or so I justify it :lol:

I think I'd like to get down to the MFLB, VXC, MW, Glass VG, HA and Glassvapobowl... And eclipse and VOS for extracts. Doh.

charliedontsurf,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
The MW has won over 3 hookah parties so far and all had at least 5 people overmedicated at once off of about .5 grams or less, every time a hair above the recommended temp. Hookah function takes the freaking cake even though glass pieces are boss for daily drivers but for social situations a hookah CANNOT BE BEATEN. Thats why the Incognito has to be able do it now with the adapter but as we know, if the incognito can do it then all the other vapes that use hoses can do it which is completely awesome for comparisons and variety of use. :peace:

We have all rights and protection for all our glass designs, electrical, and heater design now.

HiPi,

MG23

Relaxin'
So about that bag blower... ;) Haha only kidding.
Very excited to learn more about the Adorabowl.

MG23,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Been using the MW a lot the last couple of days. I personally like to allow it to heat for at least 30min+ in a glass pitcher before using for best results. Been about 40mins, guess its time for some water filtered tokes now! cheers.

IAmKrazy2,

caseball2051

finals week has come and gone. Im excited to put my MW through the ringer for the first real time today. additional impressions/review incoming tonight. maybe even a video. we can always use some more of those.

caseball2051,

caseball2051

hello all. I think I may have solved the screen issue that some users were having. I had some pipe screens....
(http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/Basil_Brush_Gauzes__Steel.cfm?iProductID=636)

that I got from the above link that were the perfect size to fit into the bottom of the bowl (mine is 14mm). Unfortunately, I struggled for about 15 minutes trying to seat it perfectly. Eventually i got annoyed and put it down. Looked at it 5 minutes later and SHAZAM, I saw it. The screen went through and I poked it with a paper clip and seated it perfectly on the ridge below. That screen isnt goin anywhere either. I blew thorugh the bowl as hard as i could and it didnt budge. I havent been able to put it to use yet, but I wanted to share.

Ill report back with results later tonight.

Heres the picture.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

caseball2051,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
wow, Good job Caseball! for the next week or so the processing time for each order will be no more about 7 days instead of 2 days. Thats is only because of shipping. I am bringing in new parts. All units are handmade from top to bottom so this is why out processing time has been so long for a while. The Incognito is the only vape that contains premade material and thats the bottle.

Bag Blower
Lets pray we get the video online within a couple days.

HiPi,
Top Bottom