Magical Butter

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
That butter is pretty, looked wholesome! When me and my buddy combined our abv to make butter out of the slow cooker it came out green and gross looking green(filtered once). It was effective though.Rice krispies is probably the easiest fastest to make and nice portion size. Is abv butter naturally darker green? This unit just looks better and better.Also does it smell less than using a stovetop or slow cooker method because it cooks for shorter period and is more precise?

Nbajunkie,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
Did you use the lecithin and all? Is it way less of a mess cause using badkats recipe it is a huge mess which is why I don't do it. Also the in and out of the freezer is a pain in the ass as well. So can you tell us exactly how you did it for me the confused one?

I assume all your questions are about making the butter. I didn't use any lecithin. I'll try it next time or for capsules with coconut oil. I did not use BadKats methods. I was reading his thread and found an answer to my question "what's the dosage of bud to use when eating it?"

To make the butter I simply followed the directions for the MB2. Put a pound of butter in the machine with a half ounce of herb, press a couple buttons and come back 2 hours later to filter it, pour it into a container and clean up.

Is abv butter naturally darker green? This unit just looks better and better.Also does it smell less than using a stovetop or slow cooker method because it cooks for shorter period and is more precise?

I would assume ABV would come out darker. Yes, I think it does smell less than the stovetop, etc.

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
I assume all your questions are about making the butter.

Did you make anything besides the butter?Or anything else you'd like to share. We're all ears here..
Deciding between this and another vape is going to be hard... I guess its easier to justify buying if you make real herb butter with mids,since its going to be a body high anyway..
also anyone try those magical butter twinkies? Or know anything?I read on the site they bought the brand.

Nbajunkie,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Yes we are all ears and yes I did get confused cause I thought you used his recipe. I am glad to hear it is that easy. Did you use fresh herb or ABV and how was the clean up?

Dreamerr,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
Did you make anything besides the butter?Or anything else you'd like to share. We're all ears here... guess its easier to justify buying if you make real herb butter with mids, since its going to be a body high anyway..

No, I've only had it for two days so I'm updating about my first explorations with it. I want to get a handle on baseline dosages for myself before making a lot of stuff.

I find the machine fun and easy to use. I'm happy I have it and yet there's the realization that what I just made with it could last me for months and months. How often will I need to or actually use the MB2? I could see it sitting on the shelf for a lot of months once I make some of this, that and the other over the next several weeks. Plus it takes up some space in the kitchen or somewhere else but won't be used very often. OTOH, I've been meaning to cook up some bud for a couple years and never got around to it. Now i have a bunch of butter and recipes for all kinds of stuff.

Worth it? For me, yes. Necessary, no. It would also be a good group purchase so it could be passed around. If people are reasonably careful with it it seems like it would hold up well.

Did you use fresh herb or ABV and how was the clean up?

If you go back a page you can reread my description of making it and the clean-up. You've read it once because you "liked" it. :doh: That said, i used fresh but well cured popcorn buds. I am fortunate to have access to very high quality. Clean up was not a big deal.

Stapleface

I have one of these one the way and will try to keep you posted on how things go. First thing I am trying is a glycerin tincture. As the MB2 has a tincture function, and I haven't seen anyone try it yet. I think people would appreciate a review of one of the new functions. And I have not personally tried a cannabis tincture yet. I will be using somewhere between 4-5 grams of frosty trim leaf per ounce of glycerin. I clip of any leaf ends that don't have trichomes so it is nothing but frosty material and no junk. lol I hope that will be enough since I'm doing the minimum of 20 ounces of liquid in the machine. I may do a little more if I have the extra material. I may try to do a dry ice separation to get kief for later runs, but at the moment I'm working with what I have. Hopefully it works. It seems the butter and oil setting have been getting good reviews. A question, do you folks think this would be enough material?:science:

Stapleface,

Stapleface

I asked Magical Butter on facebook about making glycerin tinctures, and the person who responded said they would suggest adding in some water with the glycerin in the process @ 1/2 cup water per 2 1/2 cups of glycerin. They said that glycerin tends to turn into a gelatin as it is heated. Any feed back about this would be good. I have read about people using a heated method for making glycerin tinctures but never adding water..

Stapleface,

Dreamerr

Can we make tinctures without glycerin? Is there a recipe that comes with the machine?

Dreamerr,

Stapleface

I don't use alcohol myself due to my health issues. I have not received my machine yet so I'm not sure about the instructions. I'm leaning towards not using water when making a tincture as I am reading elsewhere that water would just dilute it and make it weaker. The heat would not get high enough to remove enough of the water and if you got it high enough to evaporate your going to lose potency in the evaporation. Kind of makes sense but I'm new to cooking with cannabis. Anyway, I will keep posting with updates when I do finally get it. I'll give an initial review, try a decent dose when its finished, then let it age for a few weeks. I understand from what I have been reading that even when using the heat method to make it faster, letting it sit and "cure" will result in a better product. I have no idea on how true that is but I hope to find out, hopefully it works out positively. As for a recipe, it's pretty simple material, glycerin (if that's what your using), lecithin (optional but I will be using it). For alcohol tinctures replace glycerin with something like grain alcohol. It's the amount of material which seems to be up to the individual as for potency, but finding a solid starting point seems hard unless your using hash. Then it's very easy to determine dosage size, and potency of each dose. But using trim or bud it's a little harder to say because some material will be more heavily frosted, some material more oily, larger heads, smaller heads, that all has to make some kind of difference in transfer of cannabinoids to whatever your working with, be it alcohol or glycerin. At least I think. lol All theory to me right now. But I will get it all figured out. If a run with a good amount of very frosty trim doesn't do it for potency, the next step is using kief. That way I can guarantee what will be in there. Then it's up to my body and how it's breaking everything down and absorbing it. I think I might try to make a single 1 oz vial with bho as well and see how that goes. But that will not be in the machine of course, as that is way too small of an amount.

Stapleface,
Reactions: Dreamerr

satyrday

Website badly geared towards dumb stoner humor stereotype, but I will buy based on what I've read here. Thanks FC.

Edit: maybe actually a little endearing in a dorky way

satyrday,
Reactions: Enchantre

Dreamerr

I have granular lecithin and I think it melted my capsules as I have used them without lecithin and have had no issues. If you use granular to you smash it up first to powder?

When is your machine due to come stapleface?

I am not a stoner and love the stupid videos cause they make me laugh and that is always a good thing.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: satyrday

satyrday

I am not a stoner and love the stupid videos cause they make me laugh and that is always a good thing.
I haven't even looked at the videos - will have to now! I could use a good laugh. Really just referring to some of the cartoony graphics. They're growing on me though! Better a little silly than taking themselves too seriously. I'm excited to get this now after reading this thread. Tweek should be on the payroll!

satyrday,

Dreamerr

Oh let me know if you laughed they crack me up.

Dreamerr,

satyrday

Oh let me know if you laughed they crack me up.
Wow - a little stunned actually. But I did laugh! Was that a bad black accent, was it southern?

It did make me a little sick when I saw that people were getting it for $120 and I just paid $175! (I think it was their old infomercial I watched).

Weird but strangely compelling. Not sure I can watch anymore just yet.

satyrday,

Stapleface

Hoping my machine comes in Wednesday. Did you use vegetable or gelatin capsules Dreamerr? According to BadKat's hash capsule thread they can't be V-caps unless you are using them immediately. I guess they melt. lol I have granular lecithin, I think it would be fine to put it straight into the machine since it blends anyway. If any chunks were left then you would get them out in the straining process any way. The advertising for the product is a bit goofy I guess. But I found enough good reviews on the machine to go ahead and make the purchase. I haven't read anything negative about them yet other than Tweek's machine that would not shut off, but they fixed that issue so I can't really call that negative, just a minor issue in development. Also, going back to previous comments, I have no idea if alcohol can be used in the machine and I would talk to Magical Butter about that before doing it. If someone finds that out, they should post in here about their findings.

Stapleface,

Dreamerr

I used the gelatin like I was suppose to and have used them a bunch of times with no issue. This is the first time I used lecithin so that was the only change and they melted. That was the recipe I basically used except I never follow instructions so it was all different. I am bad at following recipes. I use them as a very small guide so small in fact all that is the same is the name cannacapsules. Well not even that cause I used ABV:rofl:

Tweek has the old model anyhow.

I think the lecithin should be ground first. I had read something that it doesn't really melt or do it on it's own. I may get a machine tomorrow.

I hope there is enough instructions cause I am not good with this kind of stuff and as written above I am not good at following instructions so it has to be mindless.

Dreamerr,

Stapleface

Hmm, seems my last reply is gone. I wonder why? Eh, whatever. I talked more with the company, and they said that alcohol tinctures can be made with the machine, just be sure to do it in a well ventilated area and away from any open flames. Seems kind of obvious, but people are funny, some need those obvious warnings. I won't be doing that however. And I won't be using water, as they also said that is not unnecessary. I did not think it was. The MB2 decarbs the material on it's own, btw. I did not know this until earlier. That is freekin awesome. No stinking house period. This can all be done outside. That is a huge plus to me. I don't mind it, but not everyone here smokes or vapes, or partakes period so I have to think of them as well. Also I just bought some things to flavor it. Fruit punch and Grape flavorings from Lorann Oils. Should be super tastey, and hopefully super potent. Think I'm going to try the fruit punch first.

Stapleface,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Dreamerr

Oh my you are adventurous. I hope to get PM recipes for the ones that work. I need easy and mindless with no work whatsoever.

I don't know what well ventilated is but I always thought a kitchen was but not sure if it is enough for alcohol. If glycerin works for you I am willing to try it since alcohol burns and it is more expensive I think. I just want meds that work and not waste my herb or my abv on stuff that is useless. Since I vape only I would love to use abv instead of fresh but I guess that will take experimenting. I will start on the strong side since I know I need a lot. Are you going to try anything with abv?

The decarb is a new function on the MB2.

Dreamerr,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Oh my you are adventurous. I hope to get PM recipes for the ones that work. I need easy and mindless with no work whatsoever.

I don't know what well ventilated is but I always thought a kitchen was but not sure if it is enough for alcohol. If glycerin works for you I am willing to try it since alcohol burns and it is more expensive I think. I just want meds that work and not waste my herb or my abv on stuff that is useless. Since I vape only I would love to use abv instead of fresh but I guess that will take experimenting. I will start on the strong side since I know I need a lot. Are you going to try anything with abv?

The decarb is a new function on the MB2.

I have had no issues with evaporating alc. in my kitchen. Just make sure you have a fan on and window open. Preferabbly an oven/kitchen fan, mine sucks the steam and goes straight outside... Anyway as far as abv butter, i have a high tolerance and edibles are usually hit or miss with me but I have had great results with about 2gs per serving (1oz abv:14 edibles, sometimes ill make 16 or so) also abv is already decarbed so that feature on the MB2 is pointless for abv

Dreamerr

I ordered one today so we will see. I won't be happy living on a limited income if it doesn't work for me. I was hoping the the MB maker that we would get more consistent results. I may use fresh if I have to but prefer to use my abv because what else am I going to do with it. Now if I need something stronger I can take more or use fresh for those situations. I prefer no calories so if the tincture works that would be the best solution and then I can keep dosing till I am where I need to be. Re-upping should be easy from there.

So in a house even without a fan what would happen with alcohol? I guess I am just stupid. I know it needs ventilation so you don't start a fire but in a big room what would be the issue?

Dreamerr,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

satyrday

I ordered one today so we will see. I won't be happy living on a limited income if it doesn't work for me. I was hoping the the MB maker that we would get more consistent results. I may use fresh if I have to but prefer to use my abv because what else am I going to do with it. Now if I need something stronger I can take more or use fresh for those situations. I prefer no calories so if the tincture works that would be the best solution and then I can keep dosing till I am where I need to be. Re-upping should be easy from there.

So in a house even without a fan what would happen with alcohol? I guess I am just stupid. I know it needs ventilation so you don't start a fire but in a big room what would be the issue?
Shouldn't be an issue. Just don't blow up the neighborhood. They'll never endorse using it with high proof alcohol because a splash in the wrong crevice could turn out bad, so glycerine would def be safer (vegetable not nitro :) ).

satyrday,

Dreamerr

I want to use nitro it will solve all my problems in one quick boom. Glycerin is way cheaper I believe anyhow so if there is no difference why would anyone use alcohol?

Tweek lives...how are you? After you got your cera you left into vapedom. Did you use the recipe the way it is or did you double because it was abv?

Dreamerr,

satyrday

I want to use nitro it will solve all my problems in one quick boom. Glycerin is way cheaper I believe anyhow so if there is no difference why would anyone use alcohol?
No - don't do the boom! Will void your warranty.

Alcohol gets into the system fast and reliable - probably more so than glycerine, though I don't have much experience with glycerine.

satyrday,
Reactions: Dreamerr
Top Bottom