• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Magical Butter

Tweek

I don't see the problem with letting the device do it. It does a very thorough grind, and you won't lose any material grinding it in the same container. All you have to worry about is giving the material a decarb before popping it into the device.

Tweek,
Reactions: ehakim

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
....... All you have to worry about is giving the material a decarb before popping it into the device.

Would decarb'ing really be needed with the heat the unit reaches in its processing ? I'm asking, not countering ;)

smokum,
Reactions: Tweek

ehakim

I was just on their site and saw they're taking pre orders for the magical butter 2

ehakim,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
2? This one is new wtf...and a few pages ago the guy said he has no improvements to me made:hmm:

Dreamerr,
Reactions: ehakim

ehakim

i know right? i would have held off on buying one if i knew there was an improved version coming so soon, but "cest la vie" i guess lol

ehakim,

Dreamerr

We don't even know enough about it yet cause you guys are slow cooking hehe. You and tweek need to get with it but now that he has his cera he will be MIA:D

Dreamerr,

Tweek

Would decarb'ing really be needed with the heat the unit reaches in its processing ? I'm asking, not countering ;)

Personally, I feel you get better control of the decarb process with the oven. I like being able to take it out and feel it. To me that is the best way to gauge when you are at the right point.

We don't even know enough about it yet cause you guys are slow cooking hehe. You and tweek need to get with it but now that he has his cera he will be MIA:D

I'm still around...for now :spliff:

Maybe the new version is dishwasher safe? Not sure. End of the day, they achieve the same end goal I would imagine :D

ehakim

I used the device today and I'm very happy with the results, butter looks much "better" visually than what I've made in the past, clean up was a little tricky as I was nervous about what could and couldn't get wet, and had some residue build up on the bottom of the inside of the unit but it came out with some scrubbing. Every time the blending action kicked in it made me jump. Now I just need to bake, probably gonna use a banana chocolate chip muffin recipe my mom has been making since I was little.

Edit: and as for my earlier concerns the machine did do a pretty good job of grinding except for maybe 2-3 half gram sized nugs that I found in my strainer

ehakim

Coconut oil is next ( meant to use it this time but couldn't find any in stores) and then eventually EVOO

ehakim,

Dreamerr

Yes more interested in EVOO cause coconut for me is not good to cook with I hate the taste. I can eat it in a capsule so if that works I would be thrilled. How bout some tincture? All stuff I have failed out.

You the man:bowdown::love:

Dreamerr,

ehakim

I can confirm that coconut capsules work but they are a MAJOR pain in the ass, empty gelatin capsules are hard to find locally so I bought echinacea tablets emptied them 1 by 1 and then painstakingly filled them, the coconut oil starts melting as soon as it comes into contact with the heat from your hands so it made a big mess and after all that it took like 6 pills to get me to where I needed to be so was not very time efficient, if your curious about how strong the oil was I used 36 grams of abv into 8 Fl OZ of oil

However if I could perfect the ratio and filling technique I think capsules are the best way to do edibles, especially for people trying to stay fit who want to avoid desserts

ehakim,

Dreamerr

Yes keep me posted on strength. When I make capsules I can't get them strong enough. I knew someone that made them and I could take one and away I went in two hours. I can take 6 of mine and nothing. You can get them on ebay and amazon. You of course had the veggie ones which do melt.

Tweek

Yes more interested in EVOO cause coconut for me is not good to cook with I hate the taste. I can eat it in a capsule so if that works I would be thrilled. How bout some tincture? All stuff I have failed out.

You the man:bowdown::love:

I made some AVB olive oil earlier in the thread and it turned out awesome.

Thanks for all the hard work ehakim!

ehakim

Do you have any recipes you recommend? I've only tried the strawberry cough cake ( which was rlly good but not very potent)

ehakim,

Tweek

I like the Rasta Pasta salad :smug: The milkshake is really good too! I think most of the recipes are geared to being on the lighter side, so as not to knock people out.

Tweek,

ehakim

I like the Rasta Pasta salad :smug: The milkshake is really good too! I think most of the recipes are geared to being on the lighter side, so as not to knock people out.

:o an entire cup of canna evoo, so I guess that salad is one of the more potent recipes in here lol

So no straining and easy for even me?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that straining is optional? The left over plant matter might still have some active compounds but most people toss it because they don't like pieces of weed in what they're eating, there is a recipe for a cream of broccoli and ganja soup where you add an grinded oz and you eat it without straining

ehakim,

Tweek

I just leave the plant matter in. It settles to the bottom, and I will use it as a spread.

So no straining and easy for even me?

It is a very easy machine to use (at least the couple times I used it). The top is a bit heavy for folks with mobility issues, but It is pretty automated. If you strain the materials it does get a bit messy, and it is not dishwasher safe, so that may be a deal killer for folks who can't access the sink easily, etc.

Dreamerr

That is exactly why I asked about straining. I wonder why Mr. Butter didn't come in here and tell us about version 2?

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom