• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Magical Butter

Tweek

Thanks again MB. I just noticed most of the splashing during the cleaning sequence; I will keep an eye on it the next time I run it again. That being said, I can deal with a bit of water on the counter if it means a better oil or butter ;)

And likes are a good thing :)

Edit: I notice in the manual it suggests running the blend cycle prior to running a butter or oil cycle. Is this still necessary, as I notice each cycle blends anyways?

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
MagicButter,

What if...... and I say this as a non engineering, fabrication, scientific, medical knowledge individual.....

What if you incorporated a stainless steel (only because glass would be to fragile), capillary tube to off gas (essentially distill) your vapors ? Would there be a benefit in collecting and possibly making effective use of the vapor extraction ?

Rather than have what you describe as "some steam" off gas out the lid wastefully, perhaps what IS running off in steam can be utilized as a liquid to an advantage.

I'm not stating...... I'm asking..... because it would be simple enough (I think) future upgrade to investigate should those vapors prove to be useful.

MagicalButter

Manufacturer
Smokum it's something to consider. The vapor that is coming off is mostly water separating from the butter. The temp is nowhere near vape temps. Not saying it might not have some usefulness but for the most part it's going to be water. Will do some testing but bottling vapors can make for a dangerous situation as well. Definitely pros and cons, I do like where your head is at though.

Paz I have worked on designing this 24 hours a day for two years and I love the finished product. If my little marble thinks of anything that would make my customers experience better I would implement it immediately. Right now it's status quo. I'm backed into a corner with your question because if I answer no, I don't want to feel bad about upgrading the unit. I only foresee minor modifications right now is, I guess, the best answer.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
lol not sure whether to take nopartofme likes this as a compliment or a complaint jk cheers
Definite compliment. I love to hear details about the design, and I'm glad that water damage isn't the problem it seemed like it might have been. Also very interesting hearing about the evaporative process.

Seems like you really put your heart into this thing, glad to have you here at FC to talk about it. I think I'll be picking up one of these down the road, once the money is there (and, you know, something to put in the thing :ko:).

that herb guy

MagicalButter, just an idea but hear me out and think of the practicality.

Several vendors (glass blowers) here have done runs of 'FC' specific gear. Given the several suggestions and tweaks mentioned here... would it be worth you all doing an FC run of MB cookers?

>Dishwasher friendly for heavy users/ease of use/no worrying about frying electronics
>Experimental (open to suggestion) ventilation for steam/odors
>Possible closed seal
>Refined substance optimization (there are many here who have a preference for EVOO, Coconut Oil, Butters, etc etc), it sounds like this makes a potent ABV oil and granted I'd like to see some more test runs before I could offer much here, just something that ran through my mind. Possibly through something like a small USB port, or an app?

And that's about it for off the top of my head ideas. I come at this with only a basic understanding of what it would take to make this happen. You seem to be at a good place, and I'd also like to see the HT review of the product once it's out. Again, congrats on the start up and this piece definitely has my eye :tup:

that herb guy,

PAZ

MagicalButter, just an idea but hear me out and think of the practicality.

Several vendors (glass blowers) here have done runs of 'FC' specific gear. Given the several suggestions and tweaks mentioned here... would it be worth you all doing an FC run of MB cookers?

>Dishwasher friendly for heavy users/ease of use/no worrying about frying electronics
>Experimental (open to suggestion) ventilation for steam/odors
>Possible closed seal
>Refined substance optimization (there are many here who have a preference for EVOO, Coconut Oil, Butters, etc etc), it sounds like this makes a potent ABV oil and granted I'd like to see some more test runs before I could offer much here, just something that ran through my mind. Possibly through something like a small USB port, or an app?

And that's about it for off the top of my head ideas. I come at this with only a basic understanding of what it would take to make this happen. You seem to be at a good place, and I'd also like to see the HT review of the product once it's out. Again, congrats on the start up and this piece definitely has my eye :tup:

This would be a lot harder to do than other specific FC items. Most of the other FC items were glass which they could make themselves and choose the quantity. With making electronics, usually the more you order, the bigger discount you get on the parts and production. My guess (I could be completely wrong) is that they give the specs and instructions to a company/factory in China, they produce them in x amount quantities. It just wouldn't be worth it for all the time they would have to test and produce a limited quantity item.

What I could see happening in the future is them changing up the design based on the wants of forums like FC/GC/HT, etc. and then selling a second product.

PAZ,
Reactions: Puffers

that herb guy

This would be a lot harder to do than other specific FC items. Most of the other FC items were glass which they could make themselves and choose the quantity. With making electronics, usually the more you order, the bigger discount you get on the parts and production. My guess (I could be completely wrong) is that they give the specs and instructions to a company/factory in China, they produce them in x amount quantities. It just wouldn't be worth it for all the time they would have to test and produce a limited quantity item.

What I could see happening in the future is them changing up the design based on the wants of forums like FC/GC/HT, etc. and then selling a second product.

Maybe 'experimental trial run' is a more suitable title then LOL? that's more or less what I had in mind, just the best comparison I could make.

that herb guy,

Tweek

I think the most reasonable expectation right now, is to let the company get its foothold first and then see what kind of innovations they come up with in the future. Hopefully we will see some other folks giving the device a try and we can keep feeding MB some good ideas, and suggestions in the meantime. Seems to be how the worthwhile products develop around here :)

that herb guy

LOL The things we post after a little vapor. MB please don't take that as anything other than what it was meant to be - a suggestion to get a train of thought going in altering a product for a trial run. However far down the line that may lie. Happy New Years, and I think this coming years' got some heavy interest floating your way. I'm still excited for the HT review =].

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
I just recently started saving my abv.I'm up to a quarter now.I'm definitely intrigued by this unit, and all its possibilities.
Lets keep hearing some positive feedback. This item is slowly working itself on my birthday wish list! I digg the design too its inconspicuous .
I actually liked the video it was fun.I think Mr butter is a pretty good name for your mascot..or is that you? Either way I'm watching

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I am very interested in this product for tinctures. Currently tincture people tend to use the Master Wu method, which after decarboxylating finely ground herbal matter for 5 minutes at 325 degrees one:

Reduces 2 ounces of ethanol containing 3.5 gram finely ground herbal matter to 1 ounce of tincture by utilizing a double boiler at ~170 degrees for 10-20 minutes.

I guess my questions are:

1. What temperature does the unit operate at for butter and oil?

2. The Mushroom 30 minute cycle at 160 degrees would sound pretty ideal for Master Wu style tincture. Perhaps you could try this with 2 oz of ethanol and 3.5 gram herbal matter and report back? See how if it reduced, etc.

The unit looks awesome and I'd love to have one in my hands at some point to experiment. I just much prefer ethanol tincture over coconut oil and butter as it's more concentrated and versatile. Thanks for joining FC to participate in the great conversations here Magic Man!

that herb guy

I am very interested in this product for tinctures. Currently tincture people tend to use the Master Wu method, which after decarboxylating finely ground herbal matter for 5 minutes at 325 degrees one:

Reduces 2 ounces of ethanol containing 3.5 gram finely ground herbal matter to 1 ounce of tincture by utilizing a double boiler at ~170 degrees for 10-20 minutes.

That's a great point, for whatever reason I hadn't thought too much about tinctures with this. Is using a high proof alcohol solvent risky at all with the current venting? Not much experience using glycerin, so not sure what if any concerns there might be there. I might end up breaking down after tax season and grabbing one of these, but I'd love some more 'testing' reviews ;).

that herb guy,

Tweek

Hey folks,

I inquired about individual temps before, and was told it was part of the trade secret, so to speak. I was informed that no setting goes above 180 degrees.

As to alcohol...this is something they wouldn't be able to endorse, because it does have its risks. I hear it does work, but it's an "at your own risk" sort of deal. You would definitely need good ventilation and I wouldn't leave it unattended. Personally, I am going to stick to my old fashioned ways for anything alcohol based. You also would not be able to put only 2 oz into the machine...I believe the minimum is 1-2 cups when dealing with liquids, otherwise a sensor would trip and shut off the device.

I was also informed that glycerin would work. This is on my list for testing...just running low on ingredients at the moment. :smug:

Tweek

Tweek, anymore testing updates on what this product is like?

Sorry for the late reply, Paz...computer troubles :cuss: Unfortunately, testing has been on hold. Some stuff came up behind the scenes, and it just has not put me in the mood for experimenting. Hopefully I can get back to it soon, as I would love to give you all as much info as I can.

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Cool thanks for updating us tweek, I have been very patiently on :ninja: status in this thread since you got yours. I hope that all is well and what ever disruption levels out soon man

Puffers,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

Thanks Puffers, I appreciate that :rockon: In the meantime, what would you guys prefer seeing...the glycerine or the butter? Or even a coconut oil? Money is too short to do all three unfortunately :smug:

Edit: I should add, that I did try making a milkshake in it. Worked out well! It definitely can double for everyday duty like blending/chopping.

ugobo

Thanks Puffers, I appreciate that :rockon: In the meantime, what would you guys prefer seeing...the glycerine or the butter? Or even a coconut oil? Money is too short to do all three unfortunately :smug:

I am interested in a ABV butter experiment with the Magical Butter device.

Thank you very much Tweek for sharing your views on this intriguing device! No rush though...

ugobo,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
What edibles do you normally make for good perspective on effectiveness of processing? I would be interested in seeing coconut oil if it's all the same though. I was actually thinking of this thread today, I wonder if you used coconut oil if the mushroom setting would work as a decarb cycle......

Puffers,

Tweek

Unfortunately, the unit has to have a certain level of liquid in it to run. I think it is around 2 cups, so a decarb wouldn't be possible.

I have made olive oil and butter in the past (prior to the machine). The olive oil I made earlier in the thread using the device and AVB turned out much better than anything I ever made. I didn't even use lecithin and it extracted a good amount. My next experiment will be with the good stuff, not duff so anything goes really.

Tweek,
Reactions: smokum

Tweek

The company told me that the device could handle glycerin as well. Have not had a chance to try it yet though.

Tweek,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
The company told me that the device could handle glycerin as well. Have not had a chance to try it yet though.
If you ever do get around to it I'd be interested to hear about the results. I haven't read too much about the effectiveness of "canna-glycerine" vaporization, I haven't really heard about it much so I'm nervous that people stay away from it for a reason? I probably just haven't been reading in the right places. I'm most interested in using the glycerine in the Cera VG. Noah even mentioned that VG could be used in the CEO in a pinch, as long as you clean it out before using anything else in it… If it could produce results such as those seen in TET's demonstration videos, that would be something special!

nopartofme,
Top Bottom