Discontinued Loto Labs Lux (formerly Evoke)

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
Why doesnt this guy get it. Evoke will be DOA. No one in their right mind wiill buy these!

Gardenerjeff,
Reactions: dingus

Astedra

It would at least be nice to see an all herb video. I'm not big on the way you load it I like a bowl. Plus when you dump your abv it don't seem as easy. I have to load on the go.

Last edited:
Astedra,
Reactions: dingus

dingus

It would at least be nice to see an all herb video. I'm not big on the way you load it I like a bowl. Plus when you dump your abv it don't seem as easy. I have to load on the go.

So they can twist the knife in us further? :lol: It hurt so bad when the dry herb portion of the video started and he sped up the video so we couldn't tell how long it takes to heat up, took a couple of puffs, and there still were no clouds.

I guess it would work well for on the go use however since they use capsules.. just pre-pack and swap the capsule when/if you need a new one. Too bad it doesn't really work..

dingus,
Reactions: Gregori

Astedra

I guess it would work well for on the go use however since they use capsules.. just pre-pack and swap the capsule when/if you need a new one. Too bad it doesn't really work..

I have to load the capsules on the go to can't have weed smell in house. Can't pre pack.

Astedra,

diegou

Look what i found
Screen_Shot_2016_03_07_at_20_29_31.png

link Gizmodo:
The Evoke Vaporizer Is a Stoner Alien's Dream Come True

by Cheryl Eddy
Today 2:04pm

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I really don't care if I ever get this thing or not . . . :( Sure I'm out $75 + $99 but the product looks so bad and I have other options that are so good, plus I don't vape oil much nowadays, it makes little difference to me. One thing I did call correctly, when I heard UpToke was getting involved I knew the $$$ was going to disappear and it did . . . Excuse me if I quote myself from page 6 . . .

I was perfectly happy with this campaign UNTIL I saw who they have hired. Uptoke? Really? I think my IH oil vape just turned into a charity raffle ticket . . .

Astedra

I know there is a lot of hate for this vape I'm not sure baca use that guy on the video is an asshole according to some but how bad could it be if the final product will be $400.

Has there ever been a high priced vape that underperforms that badly? So you got to wait until the herb heats up crafty to. Cmon I want a new vape and I already have a firefly so don't see the need for an upgrade.

Astedra,

dingus

The thing that really upsets me about these guys is their dishonesty and lack of transparency. It doesn't matter how good their product is, the way they treat their original investors is terrible.

After people are finally fed up with the dishonesty and lack of communication, instead of issuing an apology, they censor and remove comments that reflect on the last 2 years. They claim to only remove comments that are deceitful or hate crimes, but I've watched multiple comments get deleted on Facebook over the last week that do not fit this description.

These guys are just slimy, there's no way around it lol. And yeah, after watching their last video, I wouldn't be suprised if still performed like ass despite the price tag.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
They think they can charge $400 for it due to the induction powering. But at the end of the day they are still just conduction vaping with induction power. I have yet to hear a response to this point. This quote from the post linked above is the closest thing yet:

"Most vapes heat through traditional thermal conduction, but the Evoke instead uses magnetic induction similar to what occurs in magnetic induction stovetops."

So they use induction to heat up the metal plate that then heats up your herb through direct contact. You can get conduction vapor just as quick with a $120 mflb.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vapor Loop

I always figured it would be conduction but didn't think it would take so long to heat ll. I hate to get all schwifty on this one like everyone else, But i see myself making a quick buck on a eBay sale and getting a second Hopper, FF2 or Haze square over opening it. I know i will regret it just from missing a vape experience but oh well i really expected more out of the clip.

Vapor Loop,
Reactions: grokit

InterestingTheory

They think they can charge $400 for it due to the induction powering. But at the end of the day they are still just conduction vaping with induction power. I have yet to hear a response to this point. This quote from the post linked above is the closest thing yet:

This is what really gets me about these guys. Why does anyone care that the conduction heating element is heated differently? I think the answer is that the vast majority of supporters have been deliberately misled to think that the contents are heated through induction. Listened to an interview a while ago in which the interviewer confronted Neeraj on this point and he just side-stepped the question in a similar way to the quote you mention - intentionally steering back to induction induction induction.

I think this company will be dead in the water pretty soon after releasing once people realize they've been deliberately misled.

diegou

Received a new update.

March Update 2016
March 31, 2016
To all of our supporters,

Fundraising and Fulfillment
March has been an exciting month for us. We’ve been meeting with top-notch VC’s, banks, and strategic partners to discuss our final financing needs as well as packaging, distribution and marketing, which will all ramp up as we near the finish line. We are having good success fundraising and hope to be able to announce a ship date soon.

We’ve also been in negotiations with a new contract manufacturer who is willing to produce our first 5,000 units for us at a reduced cost. We continue to negotiate a path forward for Evoke, working towards fulfillment of our Indiegogo pledge and initiation of commercial manufacturing. As soon as we lock down a date, we will let everyone know.

FAQ
We’ve created a Frequently Asked Questions page for our website where we address all of our most commonly asked questions. Please take a moment to read them. If you still have questions, please email hello@lotolabs.com and we will do our best to answer them and update the document.

Photo Shoot
In preparation for Evoke’s worldwide debut, we’ve updated our product shots. We had a great photo shoot last week -- so keep your eyes peeled for exciting new pictures like this one:

DawnHarmer_Evoke_1453_large.jpg

-----

We are so very close now and we appreciate your ongoing patience and support, as we work tirelessly to deliver the world’s first induction vaporizer, Evoke.

Peace Love and Vaping,
The Loto Labs Team

Matthew Greenfield
Author

diegou,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
No April update yet....and I don't want another pic of the Evoke team eating pizzas but a pic of them at work(?!?!!) would be better. but I have a lot of doubts at this moment...maybe the worst 200$ move I done!

YungLeaner

No April update yet....and I don't want another pic of the Evoke team eating pizzas but a pic of them at work(?!?!!) would be better. but I have a lot of doubts at this moment...maybe the worst 200$ move I done!
Don't take it personally--it might have been the worst $200, but scam artists are scam artists and it can happen to anyone. I got scammed out of 40$ by a bullshit MMJ recommendation operation on Venice Beach just a few weeks ago, and lost another $80 to an asshole on Craigslist who swore up and down he'd ship me a davinci ascent but turned out to be a junkie who broke down in tears on the phone in apology but kept the money for a score....LA can be a weird place lol ! The Evoke team have misled and outright lied to people on numerous occasions. Junkies on Craigslist IMO are more closely related to Evoke business wise than an actual vape company would be
Rambling...medicated & inspired by @ataxian

PPN

Volute of Vapor
From the last update: "...we will continue to build and sell vaporizers..."

!!!!!??! when did you start to build something?....although you made a lot of sales!

Is there nobody here to live close enough to this guys to check if they are trully working...I have serious doubts !

Astedra

When you dump your abv how does that work is the heating element in the capsule hot? Easy to handle? We need info on this.

Astedra,
Top Bottom