Discontinued Loto Labs Lux (formerly Evoke)

Vape-Jack Lee

I would suggest making it smaller. That wood prototype looked to be just bigger than the Firefly, which I already think is too big. You said in your video that discretion is not your primary goal, but to make a portable that's bigger than the Firefly or Solo would be a mistake, I think. Before I saw the wood prototype I was excited for what appeared to be something small enough to fit on a key ring, but if it is that big you will lose some sales. In the end the success will be based on the feature set and the price. IH is not a feature set to almost all users. We have a few here that will be stoked to see the technology and will want it. But the average Joe in the local head shop isn't concerned with the heating technology. He wants price, size, speed to heat up, taste, efficiency and aesthetics. For the most part he won't care how it achieves these ends.
good point

Vapor Loop

I wonder if they got those first one's in like they mentioned over nine week's ago. The first test units should have came in the 11th.

I'm shocked there haven't been a ton of indigogo messages yet like there normally is after so much silence or a missed goal.

PeteSeattle

If I were Loto Labs I would be concerned that other companies are innovating way past LL's vision. Am I concerned? Only about my backer funding. The upside is that this time allowed me to find my perfect vape while waiting. The wait now is to "resell as new."

PeteSeattle,
Reactions: DarkSm0ke

HD Springer

How can they continue this bullshit of a show. At least with the grasshopper they were giving info. Albeit false info but at least they would communicate over time. These crooks won't even acknowledge that they took people's hard earned $.

Oops I forgot about that 1 picture where the "team" was out dinning on backers funds. Let's not forget that pic.

lazylathe

Almost there...
According to their website the first production units were supposed to be done in August 2016.
Complete fulfillment of IG and pre-orders to be by 1st quarter of 2017.

So technically they have till the end of April 2017 to get this part completed...

It's the middle of September 2016 and not a single person has one yet...
Not a good sign...

Taken from their FAQ:

https://evokevape.com/pages/faq

lazylathe,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
How can they continue this bullshit of a show. At least with the grasshopper they were giving info. Albeit false info but at least they would communicate over time. These crooks won't even acknowledge that they took people's hard earned $.

Oops I forgot about that 1 picture where the "team" was out dinning on backers funds. Let's not forget that pic.

Id be more worried about them using pre-order $$ for trips to Milan Italy....
Screenshot_20160921-061348.png

[/URL][/IMG]

YungLeaner

[/URL][/IMG]
It's astounding how easily these Kickstarter guys get away with selling snake oil BEFORE THEY EVEN HAVE THE SNAKE OIL MADE! In the real world, you borrow $212,000 and have nothing to show for it you're either losing your house or your life...or both.

The apparent lack of self awareness from these guys is fucking astounding. They should at least have the decency to keep their cash grab spending to themselves.

HD Springer

[/URL][/IMG]

Well fuck me running. I had no idea that he still had any $ to still be out fucking over his backers. How can people be so nonchalant to keep publicly posting his "fuck you's" to the vaping world. Charges should be brought against these sick lazy fucks who prey on the GREAT marijuana community. Or am I jumping the gun? I guess only time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

theCerberus

Looks like its going to take a while for this thing to materialize.
At least with the grasshopper there were videos of the prototypes working, this is less than that. all they have shown is the theory of induction works. ok. but who thought it didnt?

forget about the app/bluetooth/future features, there is no vape yet. i wish they would worry about that first.

this team can build a crude desktop prototype and an oddly shaped mocked up piece of wood all they want, it doesnt prove they are capable of creating an induction portable.

i cannot donate to that.
This is probably going to take longer than any vaporizer kickstarter before it.
they seem to be further behind from where any have started in the past.

Cause 3 years ago it looks like pretty interesting...now it looks like garbage!

Never looked interesting to me..... but hey, what do i know, my post from 2 years ago never got any likes.

The video in the kickstater just shows the theory of how induction works. It never shows how they intend on actually building the thing. Personally I never believed they were capable of creating this, as they have never demonstrated to us how this thing would work! I had no confidence in backing their kickstarter.

Look, all the other vaporizer kickstarters had a working prototype and still took years to launch. This one didnt..... thats a huge red flag....

Last edited:

HD Springer

First I'd like to say my previous posts while they might have some validity to them they are mean in nature. After having my posts pointed out to me I realized I wasn't giving this Evoke a fair enough shake. Id like to take this opportunity to apologize to the whole Loto lab team.

So I really hope they get this off the ground. And I hope all early backers will be pleased and their patience rewarded with a state of the art vaporizer.
I've been told that the owner of Loto labs now has some long time FC member supporting them in their journey so skies the limit.

I'll be patiently watching this vaporizer and this thread.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth

October Progress

To our customers and supporters,

We’d like to start by thanking you for your patience and constant support – especially recently – as it’s been quite some time since our last update.

Thanks to over $750K of investment from our indiegogo supporters as well as outside investors, we were able to bring Evoke from a rudimentary concept to a manufacturing prototype. We’ve poured our hearts and souls into the design, and now we can focus our efforts on production.

We are happy to say we’re still on track to begin full-scale fulfillment in the first quarter of 2017. As soon as we have an exact date, we’ll confirm the shipping addresses we have on file for you, and begin fulfillment.

We’re pleased to announce that we’ve entered into a partnership with a promising extraction company that will soon become our capsule co-packing partner. We will circulate details of the arrangement in a future update, but for now, this alliance brings us one step closer to reaching the next stage of our company’s development.

Recently, we’ve had to delay our engineering units due to difficulties we encountered while negotiating a commercial agreement. We now expect to have these engineering units complete in the first week of December.

We know many of you are unhappy with the delays, but this product turned into something much bigger – and with much more potential – than we ever imagined.

We have faced our fair share of challenges along the way; we've had plenty of reasons to abandon this project and shut down. And yet we are still laser focused, committed to creating the very best induction vaporizer.

Thanks again to everyone for all your patience and support. We will continue to provide updates as we begin full-scale manufacturing and Indiegogo fulfillment.

In the meantime, be healthy and vape responsibly!

The Loto Labs Team

HD Springer

That's great news for every one. And if I'm not mistaken or if the pics aren't playing tricks on my eyes it looks a bit smaller then what I was expecting.
And partnering with an extraction company to preload your capsules is a sweet plus. Not sure if I've seen or heard anyone ales trying this. Good luck and I'll keep watching this unfold.
Damn I'm so happy I was straightened out on my actions and thought processes. And just in time it seems.
Kudos.

HD Springer,
Top Bottom