looking for a mobile vapor recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojanglez

hey guys,

I know there are more than a few "which vape should I buy?" threads in this forum and I'm sorry to add to them, but I have a specific use case that I'm trying to address which is why I'm requesting input. I have checked through and read a bunch of (very useful and entertaining!) threads but nothing that directly addressed this.

So - I have a fairly stressful job (I run a 50-strong team of sales people and engineers and deal with a lot of overblown egos and semi-regular melt-downs) but have always loved to work whilst high (have been smoking since I was 14, I'm not sure I know how to work when NOT high!) and I would like to sneak out to my car and get high periodically throughout the course of the day. Over the years I have had different pipes but they (obviously) all leave the car stinking and I walking into the office smelling of weed just isn't an option :)

At home I have a SSV (which I love) and also an Arizer Extreme Q (for party bags) and have been considering both the Magic Flight Launch Box and Arizer Solo but before buying either am really hoping for input from those that have used these both as truly portable devices (i.e., used away from home, mostly in a car).

Having read multiple reviews/threads/youtube videos, I'm leaning towards the Solo (with a car charger) as it seems to generally more positive reviews (particularly in regards to battery life) but the MLFB is smaller, seems more discrete and comes in a handy little tin that I can use to hide everything when I'm done. Being half the price of a solo doesn't hurt it, either :)

So - if you have used one or both and if you have strong feelings, particularly in regards to which one would work best in the scenario I would love to hear different opinions :)

Thanks in advance

Bojanglez,
Reactions: Peloton

Ewog

I haven't tried either of those, but what I have tried and had success with was the Omicron filled with pure gold. You get to pre fill the carts so you don't have to worry about your hands smelling or anything from packing a bowl and with the pure gold you don't even smell the weed, it just smells like a citrus air freshener. The pure gold is a little stronger then most oils thou so make sure your eyes don't get to red!

Ewog,

Bojanglez

I have no access to extracts, so don't believe this is a viable solution, but thank you for the suggestion :)

Bojanglez,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Damn, I was gonna suggest the Omi too.
I make my own BHO for my Omi, and it isn't very hard to do safely if you have any smarts to ya...
Having said that, I know that's not an option for everyone, so...

On the solo:
I can't see you having any problems ducking out to the car if you can spare the time.
It takes 1-2 minutes to heat up, and it usually takes me about the full 12 minute cycle to finish a stem, but that's with a fully packed stem, and taking my time. A fully charged battery should get you AT LEAST six 12 minute cycles, probably closer to eight. (If that suits your needs, you might not even need the car charger)

The MFLB is great for stealth purposes, but it never quite found its spot in my rotation. I wasn't a fan of having to carry the AA batteries (since they are stripped, you need a carry case or battery cap or something), and keep track of which is charged etc.

The Thermovape seems to be a similar vape which has been getting good reviews revently, but I don't have one, so someone else will have to comment on that one.

My first real vape was the SSV.
After that, the MFLB just didn't satisfy me with its vapor density.
The Solo will deliver all the portable clouds you want

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: Bojanglez

Bojanglez

Awesome response, Mr McGuire, thank you.

And unfortunately, making BHO isn't an option for me at home (House/spouse/kids/neighbours/pets) just make playing with all that flammable stuff a no-go so I have to skip out on that and don't have access to any oils (sadly).

Your response pretty much confirmed my thinking. I can already see myself being annoyed/frustrated with the batteries on the MFLB, whereas the Solo seems to be a little more self-contained (with the car charger, something I haven't seen for the batteries on the MFLB, although I could absolutely buy spares to make sure i always have some charged).

And the Solo's timing sounds good too - I'm really thinking of just running out and having a mild hit every now and then so that I'm a little buzzed, rather than completely smashed, so the 1-2 minute warm up seems ideal. That said, From youtube videos it seems like the MFLB also warms up quickly.

Thank you again - leaning back towards the Solo, unless anyone else has any input that spins this discussion?

Bojanglez,

VapeVoice

I have both the Solo and MFLB. I use the MFLB only when I need to be stealth at concerts, movies, etc. It just doesn't satisfy me the way a Solo can. Admittedly, I am a big hit/ cloud whore so that may be why I lean toward the Solo. IMHO if you aren't worried about hiding it in the palm of your hand, then I would definitely go with the Solo.

VapeVoice,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Just another quick thing on the battery life for the solo; of you are planning on packing smaller stems for quick hits every now-and-again, you will probably get less overall battery time, as the initial heatup is what drains the battery the most.
So four 5 minute sessions might use the same battery three full 12 minute sessions (those figures are just made up as an example, I've got no idea of what te actual figures would be)

Frederick McGuire,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I never used a MFLB nor am I really interested in one, but I have plenty of experience with the Solo.

Set aside the fact that it's still possible you may not like the way the Solo you'll receive will taste or smell, my main gripe with it is that it just isn't convenient to use for just a toke every now and then, ime.

I feel you have to finish a whole bowl once you start it, or you're waisting vapor. It medicates well, but it does take some time to finish a bowl. My UD for instance can get me where I want to be in 5 to 10 minutes, where it will take me 20 up to 45 minutes with a Solo. Of course tolerance has a lot of effect on weather or not this will be an issue for you as well.

Would you consider a lighter based vape perhaps? If so I think you should have a look at the Gnome classic and the Gnome GonG. Clean all-glass-airpath, no butane inhalation, not even a metal screen and you can get custom colors and all of that for under 50 bucks. You will of course need a proper torch with one as well, but those don't have to be too expensive at all.

OhTheAgony,

VapeVoice

I finish a bowl in the Solo in 10 to 15 minutes without rushing and feel right where I want to be. I will say this however. Since getting my Buddha the Solo has become my travel vape. I took it down to Wrestlemania weekend in Miami this past weekend and had a blast with it. But, when I got home and hit my DBV.... It took me to a whole new planet. My experience is limited but, the Solo is the best portable I have experienced, so if portability is the main goal I'd go Solo. Just know it doesn't really give you the punch of a good DBV or SSV or from what I am hearing about logs, those either IMO.

VapeVoice,

max

Out to lunch
And the Solo's timing sounds good too - I'm really thinking of just running out and having a mild hit every now and then so that I'm a little buzzed, rather than completely smashed, so the 1-2 minute warm up seems ideal. That said, From youtube videos it seems like the MFLB also warms up quickly.

Thank you again - leaning back towards the Solo, unless anyone else has any input that spins this discussion?

OhTheAgony said:
Set aside the fact that it's still possible you may not like the way the Solo you'll receive will taste or smell, my main gripe with it is that it just isn't convenient to use for just a toke every now and then, ime.
For a "mild hit", to get "a little buzzed", when fast heatup and shutdown are in the mix, I don't think you can beat the MF. That's exactly the way I use it. While some may not be satisfied with this model for getting roasted, it's great for taking the edge off, unless maybe your tolerance level is high. Even then, an extra hit or two would be preferable to a vape that'll still be at vaping temp for a longer time after you shut it off. The iolite is like that too. You'll get several good hits after shutting it off, and not taking advantage of that is wasting vapor. The Magic Flight box is great for micro hits. You likely won't even think you've gotten a good hit until you're back in your workplace, and your time spent in the car won't amount to a minute if your box is loaded and ready to go.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I finish a bowl in the Solo in 10 to 15 minutes without rushing and feel right where I want to be. I will say this however. Since getting my Buddha the Solo has become my travel vape. I took it down to Wrestlemania weekend in Miami this past weekend and had a blast with it. But, when I got home and hit my DBV.... It took me to a whole new planet. My experience is limited but, the Solo is the best portable I have experienced, so if portability is the main goal I'd go Solo. Just know it doesn't really give you the punch of a good DBV or SSV or from what I am hearing about logs, those either IMO.

The funny thing is, I sold my SSV (considered to perform pretty similar as a DBV) after owning a Solo for a month or so because I simply felt I had no more need for it. I wonder how this works, lol

I have to correct you on what you think you know about logs though. I know 'log-vape' has become the general name for vapes made out of wood with a seemingly similar design, but that doesn't mean they all perform the same.

My UD really is an amazing cloud machine and the most capable vape I tried or owned so far, check out some of the HI vids as well. Some of those little logs kick-ass man.

Bojanglez

thanks again to everyone for replies, so much to think about.

It would appear from some of the responses that the way I plan on using this might be counter to the most efficient way of using the Solo, and even though I had been leaning that way, perhaps now I need to consider the MFLB due to it's truer "quick hit" nature.

@ OhTheAgony - thank you for the suggestions. I looked at the UD but, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't see how that's portable?

And I'm disinclined to go with a lighter, as it's another piece to the puzzle I need to keep equipped (and filled).

Bojanglez,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Check the vapes I have in my Sig :)

MFLB: Forget it - it smells...batteries are a pain to manage. Taste is not all it can be. A little inefficient - too easy to waste stuff. Can't clean it 100% :( My MFLB hasn't been touched in months. I'd only get this if cost is your only concern.

Solo: Probably best bet - the battery lasts for an hour or so, surely will get you through the day. Basically you only need three things - 1. The Solo 2. A Stem 3. Container of vapes. You can dump out and reload for each session. Or buy a few stems and have them prepacked and capped. Stems are 100% cleanable. Taste is OK but not awesome on high temp.

ThermoVape: My on-the-go pocket vape. Batteries are a pain, you'd need a pair for each bowl. So 5 bowls = 10 batteries charged everyday :o Although 1/2 bowl might do you justice, not sure what your intake/tolerance is. TASTE IS AWESOME. Experience is awesome. I get the most satisfaction from my ThermoVape out of all my vaporizers. Lots of options also. It costs $$$$ but being indestructible, and cleanable 100%, it's a good move.

Omicron: You've ruled this option out although it is probably you're best choice for stealth, batteries, dosage strength, and ease of use. I found I prefer the taste over the effects, so my ThermoVape beats everything simply for that fact.

Hope this helps you! :tup:

EDIT: If you just need a a quick toke the MFLB might be a good idea still. Also there is a new portable called "The Palm" which is basically an MFLB but I don't think anyone's used it yet, it's so new. If your pockets aren't hurting, I'd get two of any of these and you'd be able to figure out which one suits you better.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
@ OhTheAgony - thank you for the suggestions. I looked at the UD but, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't see how that's portable?

And I'm disinclined to go with a lighter, as it's another piece to the puzzle I need to keep equipped (and filled).

It's much quicker to fill a lighter than a battery, but I realize lighter based vapes aren't for everyone nor ideal in every situation.

And I was merely using my UD as an example in my response to VapeVoice's post, Bojanglez, not as a suggestion to you. They do have car adapters for it too though, lol.

OhTheAgony,

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
Although the solo is definitely better in terms of hits, the mflb is small discreet and packs a punch, it takes less than 5 seconds to heat up and you can charge your batteries wherever. If you want to be in your car for a total of less than like 5 min and come out ripped & not smelling the mflb is the way to go.

NotPotRelated,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I still feel some goes wasted that way somehow.

Just pack two stems equally and try to take consistent hits in term of length and draw speed. Leave one stem in for the entire duration and take one out half way, let it cool off, and continue a few minutes (or more) later. I think you'll find you can get one or two more hits of visible vapor of the stem you'll finish in one sitting.

OhTheAgony,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
MFLB: Forget it - it smells...batteries are a pain to manage. Taste is not all it can be. A little inefficient - too easy to waste stuff. Can't clean it 100% :( My MFLB hasn't been touched in months. I'd only get this if cost is your only concern.

Smell: Not all LBs smell. I use one with a PA as my daily driver and it doesn't smell unless you literally stick your nose in the trench. Based on the thread, smelly LBs usually turn out to be smelly stems or whips.

Batteries: They're a pain for you to manage, perhaps, but I used exclusively batteries for over a year, including on a two week road trip, and never found them to be an issue. It all depends on your usage. For the situation Bojanglez describes, one battery (or two at most) should be enough for a day. The PA with the car lighter adapter eliminates batteries completely, but raises the price of course.

Taste: I've used the LB, the Extreme, and the Herbalaire, and I haven't found the LB to lack in taste compared to the other two, quite the opposite. Since I hit it native, the vapour forms almost inside my mouth. It's hard to imagine a shorter delivery path, and I find the flavours quite intense and tasty compared to the other devices.

Waste: I typically load about .1 g in my LB, and that will get me as many as 25 hits before it starts to taste too nasty for me to want more. Yes, I have counted on several occasions. My Extreme gives me less than half that for the same amount of material. It's true that if you mess up and forget to remove the power, you can waste some but that's true of many vaporizers.

Cleaning: It is true that you can't clean it 100%; however, that's irrelevant considering the original requirements as stated.

The LB heats up in a couple of seconds, does not require you to finish the trench, and is easily concealed even as you use it. I have hit it without being detected in numerous situations where people knew I had it and were aware I intended to use it. In fact, I have only been caught twice, both times because I exhaled some vapour and someone with a bloodhound nose was nearby.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
bojanglez...you will probably be happy with either vape. I've had the LB for a couple of years now and rarely use it. I use it when I want to take something with me and I want to be discreet. Everything max said about it is true and it would seem that it could best meet your needs for time and discretion. You could probably even hit the LB in the office bathroom. You push the battery in and within a few seconds can inhale vapor. It also doesn't continue to cook your herb when off. I've worked a single trench for an entire night at times. I've hit it in the car at times and people don't think I'm doing anything but putting my hand to my mouth.

The Solo is a much more satisfying vapor experience for me, but I could only walk around with it if I had cargo pants on. Also, unless you come up with one of those McD cup type of things, you're not gonna get away with hitting it in front of anyone. When I finish a ten minute session with the Solo, I am feeling pretty good for a couple hours. I've never tried it for just a quick hit here and there.

My first thought when reading your post was get the Solo, but I think max is hitting the nail on the head with what seems to be important to your needs. The only thing you might not like about the LB is that it hits weaker than the Solo...but then you just take more hits!

stickstones,

vtvape

I havent used some of the others so I cant really compare but if you are truly only looking to get buzzed then I think the MFLB would be a good fit. I know from experience that you can use it in many situations that would seem impossible because there is virtually no smell. If you had a pre-packed bowl you probably wouldnt even have to go to your car but I'd still play it safe if I were you.

Also sessnet I was wondering if you could answer a few questions. Does the thermovape get you decently high? Compared to the mflb? Can it compare to the solo? And is it practical for more than one person (2-3)?

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Does the thermovape get you decently high?
It does it's job at vaporizing the best to me, since it seems to provide the best flavor, and it makes me feel the most satisfied. Being able to do that almost anywhere, with a one hand operation, is awesome.

One ThermoVape bowl usually lasts me most of the day (two to three uses)!!!

Compared to the mflb?
MFLB has some drawbacks to me, so I can't compare much. However it does a good job at what it is supposed to! It held me down for about a month or two while I scouted for another experience. I know what I wanted basically - an e-cig type setup.

I seemed to gather more ABV by using more, with the MFLB. However the ABV was greener. So I considered it less efficient for me, but I didn't like the taste of the more brown ABV and wouldn't fully use all of it. With the ThermoVape, I can't really say I ever disliked the taste - so I use less, by vaping more, of less.

Can it compare to the solo?

The ThermoVape seems to do almost as good as a job (half?), but with the Solo - there is some temp control that doesn't require much fiddling. With the Solo - you can go with taste (set at 2), or for huge clouds (set at 7), or for both (by working your way up slowly)!

\And is it practical for more than one person (2-3)?
I've only used vapes a couple of times with friends, usually it's hit or miss. Like - if one person is set on believing it's not working for them - they won't be happy. However most people cough and get extremely ripped off vapes, even a small amount!

If I shared a ThermoVape bowl with 2 other people with something high grade, I am sure both would feel really satisfied. The same is true about the Solo, but it seems you can increase that to like 4-5 people or maybe more, because it so easy to use, and keeps on giving, and battery power. :tup:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I love my mflb. I added 4 Powerex 2700's and it's been smooth sailing. I'm fairly certain that the power adapter also has a car adapter thingy. I don't even know if that made any sense :ko:

Quetzalcoatl,

kertong

*please delete me*
I've had both the MFLB and Solo. If you plan on puffing mostly stealthy like in your car, go for the Solo. The MFLB is palmable which is great, but unless you carry a huge pack of batteries with you, you're limited to 2-3 bowls or so. The solo will get you easily through 10 bowls on one full charge. Tastes fantastic, too, and very very easy to hide in a mcdonalds soda cup or something for stealth :) stay away from atmosraw, it is not a vape.

If you, by any chance, have regular access to concentrates, then it's a whole different ballgame. I'm a big fan of the omicron for this, as like you, I love working high (i also love the indicas for carpal tunnel relief as i code all day at work), but can't just toke up anytime I want.

One thing I usually don't recommend to friends, are the medicated e-cig products (gentleman's vape, one love magnum xl, trippy stick, etc). they do have thc/cbd in them, but are mixed into a carrier liquid, which is vegetable glycerin or propylene glycol, I believe. I personally hate consuming the stuff, but if odor is a big issue for you, this stuff you can pretty much puff on in your cubicle and not worry about someone sniffing you out.

EDIT: Ok, I just finished reading everything in this thread and I see you guys have discussed all this and have it all covered. :D

max

Out to lunch
kertong said:
The MFLB is palmable which is great, but unless you carry a huge pack of batteries with you, you're limited to 2-3 bowls or so. The solo will get you easily through 10 bowls on one full charge.
Did you read his requirements? For what he's saying he wants to do, 2-3 MF bowls should last for days.

I'm really thinking of just running out and having a mild hit every now and then so that I'm a little buzzed, rather than completely smashed

Bojanglez

As a somewhat infrequently user of these boards I have to say, again, what a great set of replies from a great online community.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread. I bought my MFLB (I need to get some additional batteries but am not sure if I need 2400 or 2700?) on Amazon last night and it should be here Monday. From some of the responses here, I don't think this is the "portable vape o'my dreams" but I do think it's the best one for the job. Again, not looking to get ripped, just buzzed, and the 3-5 second timer before you're ready to vape makes the MFLB a winner.

Also, and this is perhaps a silly concern, but if the Solo gets really hot (as someone mentioned in this thread) then I don't need the added fleeting paranoiac thoughts of "is that setting fire to the carpet in the car?" moment whilst at my desk :)

After reading some of the comments, I might also buy a Solo (or ThermoVape, will read more reviews between them) at some point just to try it out and for some serious "couch work" :)

Thanks again for the replies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom