looking for a mobile vapor recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
As a somewhat infrequently user of these boards I have to say, again, what a great set of replies from a great online community.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread. I bought my MFLB (I need to get some additional batteries but am not sure if I need 2400 or 2700?) on Amazon last night and it should be here Monday. From some of the responses here, I don't think this is the "portable vape o'my dreams" but I do think it's the best one for the job. Again, not looking to get ripped, just buzzed, and the 3-5 second timer before you're ready to vape makes the MFLB a winner.

Also, and this is perhaps a silly concern, but if the Solo gets really hot (as someone mentioned in this thread) then I don't need the added fleeting paranoiac thoughts of "is that setting fire to the carpet in the car?" moment whilst at my desk :)

After reading some of the comments, I might also buy a Solo (or ThermoVape, will read more reviews between them) at some point just to try it out and for some serious "couch work" :)

Thanks again for the replies :)

Buy LSD batteries, low self discharge. Since you won't use it ALL the time, i think they are your best bet. If you buy Powerex it has the 2400mAh.

Batteries with high self discharge don't suffer from fast charging but discharge much faster when you don't use them for a few days and have a smaller life cycle.

vorrange,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
(I need to get some additional batteries but am not sure if I need 2400 or 2700?)

The batteries I bought from Amazon are these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FOV92E/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

They charge in my standard mflb charger, the only thing about the batteries is that you have to take off the wrapper for the box to make proper contact, and these wrappers had some icky glue stuff on them that stuck to the batteries. Nothing a bit of elbow grease couldn't take care of, others have said they had some luck with using WD40 or similar to help remove the glue. Even when they came in (two days early too!) and I popped the first peeled battery in, I was vaping in under 2 seconds. Popped the battery in, looked in the hole, bright light and vapors started streaming. I've actually blackened the bottom of a few trenches because I'm used to the old batteries, but it's just a matter of adjusting my air flow.

Also, listen to what vorrange said, it's worth thinking about. The LSD batteries will have a much longer 'shelf life' than, say, my 2700's, but I'm using my box everyday, multiple times a day so I'll use the batteries throughout the day, get home, throw two on the charger, switch them out and use them while the other two are charging, etc.

If you're worried about how efficient the box is, just look at all the rambling I went off on in this post :lol:

Quetzalcoatl,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Actually i peeled mine by hand, no help from any kind of grease. But it might take a while longer though.. :D

Powerex 2700 are HSD and Powered 2400 are LSD. One way to tell them apart is usually LSD come pre-charged, in case you don't buy Powerex.

For example, i got a pack of Sanyo Eneloop XX 2500mAh since if i wanted Powerex i had to order online and they work fine too.

vorrange,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom