Liger banger V2.0

PoopMachine

Im not upset with him. I realize its out of his control. Thing is, this isnt the way to do business. If you keep people hanging on for months and months, theyre going to get tired of waiting and lets just be blunt, its only a matter of time before this piece is knocked off in China and will be a fraction of the price. Ill stick with him because he does have good customer service but part of that is not running out of stuff and making people wait months.

Its great his stuff is popular but you cant run out of stuff for weeks (or longer) on end. Maybe he needs to shrink his color variety to keep more stock on hand.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Im not upset with him. I realize its out of his control. Thing is, this isnt the way to do business. If you keep people hanging on for months and months, theyre going to get tired of waiting and lets just be blunt, its only a matter of time before this piece is knocked off in China and will be a fraction of the price. Ill stick with him because he does have good customer service but part of that is not running out of stuff and making people wait months.

Its great his stuff is popular but you cant run out of stuff for weeks (or longer) on end. Maybe he needs to shrink his color variety to keep more stock on hand.

Hey guys, I talk to Josh a good bit. I got an email today confirming the ship date of the Storm Cell caps :)

The reason for the wait isn't the colors, he has them anodized after he gets them. The reason was a final redesign to make sure the last orders got the latest redesign. He could have gotten Gen 2 caps in for you a few weeks ago but he wanted you to get the latest and greatest Gen 3. Now that the designs are more final he will be able to keep them in stock better.

"I have received tracking on the Storm cell caps, they are in the hands of FedEx & on the way to me. I will have yours & all back-ordered caps sent out Monday or Tuesday next week."

Last edited:

Monsoon

Hey guys, I talk to Josh a good bit. I got an email today confirming the ship date of the Storm Cell caps :)

I already have like 4 of them so I'll feel really bad if I get mine before you! LOL

The reason for the wait isn't the colors, he has them anodized after he gets them. The reason was a final redesign to make sure the last orders got the latest redesign. He could have gotten Gen 2 caps in for you a few weeks ago but he wanted you to get the latest and greatest Gen 3. Now that the designs are more final he will be able to keep them in stock better.

"I have received tracking on the Storm cell caps, they are in the hands of FedEx & on the way to me. I will have yours & all back-ordered caps sent out Monday or Tuesday next week."
Cool, just waiting on a reply from him and then I think I'll place my order. Based on all the reviews here I'm pretty excited to try it! I've been using my D-Nail Quartz Halo everyday since I got it in December so it will be interesting to compare it to the quartz insert. If it's actually as good as people say it is, I think I'll forget about getting a Sapphire Halo.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
WooHoo, Dab time on the new rig!!!! Flavor is fantastic in this rig. So damn pretty in person.
0DC69062-AA91-4356-B2C9-327A58CD8038.jpg

76D26EED-1666-45E1-BFA7-23828C31D5CC.jpg

918E33BA-9829-4EC1-B2AE-30A1645B0A49.jpg

Last edited:

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
@mrbonsai420 Lookin' good!

What kind of heat runner are you using?
I like having the coil angled down like that, and the only coils I have been able to find with that bend are made by Auber. (and the sheathing on your cord looks different than the Auber coils that I have)

I haven't had any issues with the Auber coils, it would just be nice to know if other options exist.
And I need to buy a 20mm coil for the Liger V2 I have on order.

PS I've been corresponding with Josh re: the Liger V2, he's been very helpful and enthusiastic.
I told him he needs to make some Sapphire buckets for the Liger.
The shape of the Liger bucket inserts isn't as complex as that of the DNail Halo, so in theory a version compatible with the Liger would be a bit less spendy.

PPS I want my Liger MEOW!

:D

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mrbonsai420 Lookin' good!

What kind of heat runner are you using?
I like having the coil angled down like that, and the only coils I have been able to find with that bend are made by Auber. (and the sheathing on your cord looks different than the Auber coils that I have)

I haven't had any issues with the Auber coils, it would just be nice to know if other options exist.
And I need to buy a 20mm coil for the Liger V2 I have on order.

PS I've been corresponding with Josh re: the Liger V2, he's been very helpful and enthusiastic.
I told him he needs to make some Sapphire buckets for the Liger.
The shape of the Liger bucket inserts isn't as complex as that of the DNail Halo, so in theory a version compatible with the Liger would be a bit less spendy.

PPS I want my Liger MEOW!

:D

We have talked about the sapphire option for the sapphire as well...we shall see ;) That's a Greenlightvapes G9 coil. Nice 100 watt coil I believe. I have never had one burn out. Pretty cheap too $30 or $35 I think each.

PoopMachine

Thats not what he told me. He told me the handles got ruined and he had to have more made. He also told me the handles were shipped 3 days ago.

Guess if it wont be until Monday or Tuesday of next week then it really doesnt matter if he holds mine or not. Ill be back before it shows up.

Whatever.. hopefully its worth the wait. I understand the pains of growing a small business.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thats not what he told me. He told me the handles got ruined and he had to have more made. He also told me the handles were shipped 3 days ago.

Guess if it wont be until Monday or Tuesday of next week then it really doesnt matter if he holds mine or not. Ill be back before it shows up.

Whatever.. hopefully its worth the wait. I understand the pains of growing a small business.

Ahh, I Didn't get Privy to the handle issue. I suppose because I don't actually have one on back order. I was taking a guess based on when he told me my next package would come. I'm sure yours will ship Monday or Tuesday with the rest of the back orders.
I still like to use the slightly air restrictive "Honey Hole" cap that the other Beta testers didn't like. The Handle gets red hot on that thing if you leave it on there but the restricted air flow actually feels good with a few of my rigs. This makes me excited for a variable air flow Storm cell cap! You could fine tune it to the air flow that's perfect for that perc. For instance I may open it up on some recyclers just to get that vortex at the end. Should be sweet! I hope it works well.

Last edited:

Gonzo_da_wind

Ahh, I Didn't get Privy to the handle issue. I suppose because I don't actually have one on back order. I was taking a guess based on when he told me my next package would come. I'm sure yours will ship Monday or Tuesday with the rest of the back orders.
I still like to use the slightly air restrictive "Honey Hole" cap that the other Beta testers didn't like. The Handle gets red hot on that thing if you leave it on there but the restricted air flow actually feels good with a few of my rigs. This makes me excited for a variable air flow Storm cell cap! You could fine tune it to the air flow that's perfect for that perc. For instance I may open it up on some recyclers just to get that vortex at the end. Should be sweet! I hope it works well.
It was my understanding that by adjustable he meant the height of the airport into the dish. Allowing you to bring the air directly to the bottom of the dish.

Gonzo_da_wind,

Monsoon

After some back and forth e-mails with Josh I've got my order hashed out, just waiting on the invoice now. If you're ordering outside the US it might be best to email him first for a custom shipping rate as it may be lower than what's quoted on the site. I was quoted $26 for USPS Priority to Canada by Josh instead of $40 on the website. I ended up upgrading but I'll use the cheaper option if I get the SiC insert later on.

Monsoon,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
It was my understanding that by adjustable he meant the height of the airport into the dish. Allowing you to bring the air directly to the bottom of the dish.

That could be what he meant since the honey hole already works exactly like that. I like it a lot. We will see Tuesday for sure! This is the Honey Hole that works like you said. You can change the depth of the intake tube which is also a dabber. And the air intake is actually in the handle.

0CD307D1-D882-487C-845D-B2FC9C69E848.jpg

05B87A7B-66D8-401D-AF6E-B4F20B43C606.jpg

41ABDD8D-802D-41A0-A053-B52F628606A6.jpg

PNW_High_Times

I ordered the Liger 2.0, storm cell cap and SiC bucket on 2/12. Josh pretty much let me know immediately that the only piece he had was the Liger. I wanted a nail to use so I bought the Zeus at a discount and Josh threw in a prototype Zeus quartz bucket for free, only after asking if I would pay for it.

Josh's customer service had been very good but he has committed to deliveries he can't meet. I have an email from Josh telling me the storm cap would ship to me the week of 3/7 and Im still waiting. I was also given a 2-4 week backorder time for the SiC bucket and its going to be over a two month wait when it's all said and done.

As nice as Josh is this is beyond ridiculous at this point. I'm tired of all the excuses. He's had my money since I ordered, I've spent over $300 and I'm still waiting like a chump. It doesn't matter how good your product is if you cant deliver it. I was patient for awhile but I've obviously moved past that.

As far a the liger and the quartz bucket go they're phenomenal! It's definitely had a lot of thought and engineering put into it. I commend Josh for that. In fact the quartz dabs taste so good I should probably cancel my SiC bucket order.

The Zeus I wasnt as impressed with. It isn't horrible or anything but it's not something I'd recommend because there's better solutions in that price range.

Monsoon

He's had my money since I ordered, I've spent over $300 and I'm still waiting like a chump.

If it's a real issue I would just ask for a refund and then just order it when it's in stock. IMO the only reason to pre-order anything is either if you want something as soon as it does ship or there's a risk of it selling out before arrival. The only way I would fault Josh would maybe be in not being more indeterminate with the shipping dates, but I don't see any evidence of him being malicious about it. If the some of the delays are out his control, then he's just passing on info that he doesn't know is incorrect. Might be frustrating but it's the way it is and there are plenty of other excellent e-nail options on the market if you cannot wait that long.

To put things in perspective a bit with an extreme example, someone pre-ordered the infamous Duke Nukem 3D video game back in 2001 and only received his game 10 years later.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I ordered the Liger 2.0, storm cell cap and SiC bucket on 2/12. Josh pretty much let me know immediately that the only piece he had was the Liger. I wanted a nail to use so I bought the Zeus at a discount and Josh threw in a prototype Zeus quartz bucket for free, only after asking if I would pay for it.

Josh's customer service had been very good but he has committed to deliveries he can't meet. I have an email from Josh telling me the storm cap would ship to me the week of 3/7 and Im still waiting. I was also given a 2-4 week backorder time for the SiC bucket and its going to be over a two month wait when it's all said and done.

As nice as Josh is this is beyond ridiculous at this point. I'm tired of all the excuses. He's had my money since I ordered, I've spent over $300 and I'm still waiting like a chump. It doesn't matter how good your product is if you cant deliver it. I was patient for awhile but I've obviously moved past that.

As far a the liger and the quartz bucket go they're phenomenal! It's definitely had a lot of thought and engineering put into it. I commend Josh for that. In fact the quartz dabs taste so good I should probably cancel my SiC bucket order.

The Zeus I wasnt as impressed with. It isn't horrible or anything but it's not something I'd recommend because there's better solutions in that price range.

First off let me say that I'm sorry you guys had to wait so long after you ordered. That isn't ideal for sure. I feel your pain, I pre-ordered my Milaana and Zion what feels like a year ago and let me not speak of the Grasshopper. LOL But for real just order things that are IN STOCK from now on if you mind waiting. I am pretty sure now that the designs are hashed out everything should stay in stock once he gets it in. The Storm Cell caps arrive today as per an email I got 10 minutes ago. "Storm Cell Caps are confirmed to arrive today! I'll get yours & everyone's sorted, cleaned, colored and shipped out today. I'll update you with tracking info later today."
Please understand that you didn't order from a multi-million dollar corp. here. You bought from a really smart, good, guy who is killing it in terms on concentrate accessory engineering but is just learning how to run a business for the first time this year. I can assure you that he is a good hearted person from what I know so you don't need to worry about getting ripped off, he will make it right for sure. These growing pains are to be expected from new startup companies. Believe me, you should hear the shit RBT is taking in the Zion thread for releasing the milaana first. Sheesh, poor guy is just trying to start a company from the ground up. Give him a little bit of a break I thought. Well the same applies here. I know Josh did not intend to make anyone wait this long without their merchandise, especially after they paid for it. But I can tell you that from what I can tell he is doing his best to get us the best product imaginable and a lot of his time goes into innovation and engineering. Give him a bit to catch up, I'm sure he will keep more in stock now that the design is more ironed out.

Also I didn't get to try that Zues insert! That's a rare piece for sure even among the Beta team. Is your 20mm or 16mm? I might want to give that a try sometime! I actually like the 20mm Zeus although I prefer the Liger.

AND I just got conformation that there is a Beta version of a SAPPHIRE LIGER BUCKET in the works. I will let you know as soon as it lands...in my pile of drool. lol :luv:

Last edited:
mrbonsai420,
Reactions: Monsoon

Monsoon

AND I just got conformation that there is a Beta version of a SAPPHIRE LIGER BUCKET in the works. I will let you know as soon as it lands...in my pile of drool. lol :luv:
Wow, didn't think that would happen. That would be a nice addition provided the price isn't too steep.

Monsoon,

PNW_High_Times

First off let me say that I'm sorry you guys had to wait so long after you ordered. That isn't ideal for sure. I feel your pain, I pre-ordered my Milaana and Zion what feels like a year ago and let me not speak of the Grasshopper. LOL But for real just order things that are IN STOCK from now on if you mind waiting. I am pretty sure now that the designs are hashed out everything should stay in stock once he gets it in. The Storm Cell caps arrive today as per an email I got 10 minutes ago. "Storm Cell Caps are confirmed to arrive today! I'll get yours & everyone's sorted, cleaned, colored and shipped out today. I'll update you with tracking info later today."
Please understand that you didn't order from a multi-million dollar corp. here. You bought from a really smart, good, guy who is killing it in terms on concentrate accessory engineering but is just learning how to run a business for the first time this year. I can assure you that he is a good hearted person from what I know so you don't need to worry about getting ripped off, he will make it right for sure. These growing pains are to be expected from new startup companies. Believe me, you should hear the shit RBT is taking in the Zion thread for releasing the milaana first. Sheesh, poor guy is just trying to start a company from the ground up. Give him a little bit of a break I thought. Well the same applies here. I know Josh did not intend to make anyone wait this long without their merchandise, especially after they paid for it. But I can tell you that from what I can tell he is doing his best to get us the best product imaginable and a lot of his time goes into innovation and engineering. Give him a bit to catch up, I'm sure he will keep more in stock now that the design is more ironed out.

Also I didn't get to try that Zues insert! That's a rare piece for sure even among the Beta team. Is your 20mm or 16mm? I might want to give that a try sometime! I actually like the 20mm Zeus although I prefer the Liger.

I have a 20mm Zeus bucket. PM me

I agree with most of what you said. Josh is a good dude and very honest abd straightforward. I'm also too invested at this point to change solutions so I'm in it for the long haul. On a positive note I did get tracking info for my storm cap!!!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Wow, didn't think that would happen. That would be a nice addition provided the price isn't too steep.

I specifically asked him to please try to keep the price down but sapphire is expensive and there aren't that many suppliers. Like BELOW $300 because I am having a hard time swallowing that number. I expect this one to run closer to $200 which I can stomach a bit better (but barely!)

mrbonsai420,

PNW_High_Times

I do want to reiterate that Josh is amazing at customer service. He is the only reason I have stick with the CCA solution this long. I'm certainly looking forward to receiving my storm cap tomorrow and reading everyone's review.

PNW_High_Times,

Monsoon

I specifically asked him to please try to keep the price down but sapphire is expensive and there aren't that many suppliers. Like BELOW $300 because I am having a hard time swallowing that number. I expect this one to run closer to $200 which I can stomach a bit better (but barely!)

If the production costs were similar to D-Nail's it should be less just be being a smaller and simpler design. I'd be okay with paying more but only if it's worth it the extra. However compared to D-Nails, you're lot less likely to break it since it's simpler and more durable and it's just dropped it versus being threaded with pressure. My Quartz Halo is still holding up well for the most part but there has been some chipping on the inside hole which may become more of an issue over time.

Just got my tracking number for my Liger kit, with any luck I should get it by Friday or Monday since I opted for Priority Express to Canada. My orders from D-Nail using that method have always been 3 business days. Priority is about 1-1.5 weeks depending on how far they are from a hub and anything below that competes with China for delivery times. Josh quoted me $26 for regular Priority which isn't too bad, I should find out soon how much the Express shipping was.

PoopMachine

My tracking didnt start updating till today. Not sure if mail ran yesterday, I was in Amsterdam. I wont get my cap until Thursday.

Does the stubby handle cause the cap to get seriously hot if left capped for any length of time?

PoopMachine,

PNW_High_Times

My tracking didnt start updating till today. Not sure if mail ran yesterday, I was in Amsterdam. I wont get my cap until Thursday.

Does the stubby handle cause the cap to get seriously hot if left capped for any length of time?

While I got my tracking number Monday the package wasn't sent until Tuesday so I'll get mine Thursday. I doubt anyone gets theirs tomorrow.

PNW_High_Times,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Fuck Yes lol. It will burn the prints off your tips! But I just threw a piece of silicone over the handle and it works great like that (see top pic).

Damned,

my storm cap v2 is old allready?

Damned, gotta order me some new toys huh?

We have GAS, VAS and now NAAAS(Nail And Accesory Aquirement Syndrome?)
Haha, I feel you. I don't want to add up my current bill for the month. Let's see. A Milaana pre-order, A new Mighty I got yesterday, custom heady rig, 5 new chinese rigs,A Cloud Evo as soon as the 4/20 sale hits, and a pile of CCA stuff. Not to mention the ounce of concentrates I just got yesterday :rockon: It's Liger Time!!!!

F711CAD9-CAE8-464D-B9EB-3CE411A98695_1.jpg

745D80F8-E11D-4627-BF03-2198BA935E27_1.jpg

PoopMachine

Got my cap today.. looks nothing like what Ive seen in pictures here. Anyone know how to use this thing?

PoopMachine,
Reactions: Monsoon
Top Bottom