Liger banger V2.0

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I'm kind of tired of all the waiting. I had to wait on my Banger, still on hold for my carb cap, still waiting on my SiC Insert. The only thing that was in stock was my Quartz. The funds were deducted immediately though, not the normal state of pending for a backorder product. I can't understand why the carb caps didn't come on with the banger, it's all Ti. I'm just kind of bummed with this whole half ass experience. No carb i have fits this, and I sacrificed the Sapphire experience for this and settled for SiC,quartz and Ti. And did I mention my funds have already been deducted! Just a little venting!!:rant:

That sux to hear man. I'm sure Josh is doing his best to get supply in. I believe the hold up was that he wanted you to get the latest version and not feel like you got the old model right before the new one came out. I am 100% sure he will make it right. He emailed me this week about the shipment coming in so it won't be long. And
If he doesn't come through soon I'll send you one of mine!

Monsoon

It will only change slightly where the coil is. It does dull when you torch clean it though. My purple and gold pieces are holding up well.
A little birdie just told me about the reason caps are on back order. V3 storm cell and V2 honey hole carb caps with adjustable air flow are on there way to me now!! This way you could fine tune the cap to work optimally with each rigs airflow. Josh is ridiculously smart when it comes to R&D, I'll let you know when these land and I can test these out!! If you need to borrow a storm cell until they come in I can let you borrow one of mine @Monsoon :) It's flat so you can cap it with any flat carb cap or the bottom of a glass until it comes in.
Wow thanks for the offer dude, I really appreciate it! I think I'll pass on it for now so feel free to send it to somebody else.

I just found out that another batch of the D-Nail Sapphire Halo's is coming out soon so I'm going to try to get that instead and maybe get the Liger down the road. With all the new shit and improvements that Josh keeps coming out with, it seems like waiting isn't necessarily a bad thing. Also shipping to Canada is expensive so it would be nice to order when everything is in stock at once.

Monsoon,
Do you guys feel comfortable putting the Liger directly into in your rig w/o the use of a dropdown?

Would you do it on a $100 piece?

A $1000?

How clean is it?

I specifically bought it to get rid of drop downs. I dont have any $1000 pieces but I do have some $500 ones and Im using it on those.
I don't own $1000 piece myself either but I do own a couple of $500 pieces myself and one is a female and i use it comfortably on it as well. It's really cool to use but i still don't leave it on the female for extended periods. Male i don't care How long it's good.

mixchu69

i tipped my liger and rig 2 times in one night, once the fall landed directly on the liger. No damage. I know my pukinbeagle Quartz couldnt handle that. Durability is a strong selling point for me (clumsy when medicated). I think the sic vaporizes cleaner, but I like both inserts. Quartz leaves some trails.

I don't own any expensive rigs but I believe you can comfortably place it on any female end. I use a dropdown (because I am using FC 710), but I leave it on the female end of my cheap dropdown running 12 hours a day (sometimes at 800f when cleaning my Quartz).

mixchu69,
Reactions: grokit

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
Hey all. Looking for some advice. I'm mostly new to dabbing, been using concentrates with my vapes and pens for the most part. I've been using the Evo for low temp dabs and recently picked up a cheap Quartz nail with a torch. I think I'm ready to step up to an e-nail setup. I've pretty much settled on an Auber RDK-200, but I'm trying to decide if I should step up directly to a Liger or just start with the nail Auber sells.

For you all that have went through an evolution of e-nail rigs, would you recommend going straight to a 20mm Liger with SiC insert (I know I'll probably be waiting a while on back order) or is it worth starting cheaper and deciding if I want to work my way up? Thanks.

herbivore21

Do you guys feel comfortable putting the Liger directly into in your rig w/o the use of a dropdown?

A $1000?

How clean is it?
My golden rule is that I don't place titanium into female joints if the titanium is being torched, or if the female joint is a hand-formed worked one (these have inherently less suitable tolerances in the taper/roundness of the joint due to being made by hand rather than in a factory - this leaves hand formed GonGs more susceptible to damage from expansion). In these situations, you need a dropdown.

But for enail use only, you should be good on a female joint that is not a hand formed GonG ;)

The best advice if you are not sure I think is to try the nail straight on a female joint on a cheaper rig for a while first and see if it gets damaged. I have definitely found the HE and D-nail ti bases not to break female jointed standard scientific ground glass GonGs - I have no reason to think the Liger's would be any different :) Since most rigs (especially cheaper ones) use factory made GonG joints, you will find them all very similar in terms of taper/diameter etc. If it is good on one factory made GonG, it should be good on another of the same kind.

Hope this helps man :)

Monsoon

For you all that have went through an evolution of e-nail rigs, would you recommend going straight to a 20mm Liger with SiC insert (I know I'll probably be waiting a while on back order) or is it worth starting cheaper and deciding if I want to work my way up? Thanks.
If you can afford it, I'd go straight for the Liger. I'd only suggest starting with the cheapest option if you're new to dabbing and not sure you like it yet.

PoopMachine

If you can afford it, I'd go straight for the Liger. I'd only suggest starting with the cheapest option if you're new to dabbing and not sure you like it yet.

+1

I love my Liger with the quartz insert. I cant imagine how good the SIC version will be.

Probably the best concentrate purchase Ive made in a long time. I dont know why its better but it is.

I'll have to say i find the same to be true.
I wwas thinking of getting a Sapphire Halo but im stuck on my Liger. If only we could get a Sapphire Insert for t the Liger :love::nod::clap::p

Cannabis Connoisseur,
Reactions: c76man

Monsoon

+1

I love my Liger with the quartz insert. I cant imagine how good the SIC version will be.

Probably the best concentrate purchase Ive made in a long time. I dont know why its better but it is.
I'm super tempted to order one now but not with the Sapphire on the way. Not so much a money issue but I want to be able to do some dedicated testing on each one and that's not going to happen if they both arrive at the same time. However I am ordering a 20mm coil now since they're 25% off at D-Nail this weekend so I'll have it when I'm ready to buy.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

A $1000?

How clean is it?

On male joints I am comfortable with any rig. I use my Liger in Female joints too but not hand made joints.
If you get a $1000 rig with a female joint made they will gladly make you a female to male drop down ;)

12516018_1764537467101633_638074751_n%201.jpg

12834709_1764537480434965_461594502_n.jpg

matthend

just got to say how stupidly insanely awesome that rig is!! :clap::clap::clap:
I feel like since this is the Liger thread, we should get treated to at least one more glimpse of it with the Liger mounted? I am assuming that is more of an example of a four figure rig? Absolutely beautiful!!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
just got to say how stupidly insanely awesome that rig is!! :clap::clap::clap:
I feel like since this is the Liger thread, we should get treated to at least one more glimpse of it with the Liger mounted? I am assuming that is more of an example of a four figure rig? Absolutely beautiful!!

Hell yes, the moment it arrives I will have a liger on that dropdown. Thank you so much! I actually had him do female joint on the piece to use with my vapes and a male on the drop for the Liger. His pieces are actually extremely reasonable for the detail and time involved. This one was only $650 but I have a feeling he is about to blow up and these will be more like $1500. Perfect time to buy from an artist, right after he hones his skills and gets good but before everyone knows his name!

mrbonsai420,

nodrog

A $1000?

How clean is it?

My experience: I don't even own a torch. I have only ever done low-temp dabbing with an e-nail at home using the Liger. I have it in a female joint on a Mobius piece, so a "low end of the high end" bong. Keeping the temperature between 600 and 650 on the e-nail, I am completely unconcerned about letting the Liger just live in there. I can touch the metal where it meets the glass with my finger and not get burned, even after it's been on for quite some time. With this setup, the Liger temperature is no risk to my adorable little bubbler, no dropdown needed.

Also, the Liger generates very, very little reclaim and it's all headed down. I've literally never had to clean reclaim from the joint. It just doesn't get there with a female joint and the Liger.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
I just ordered a 20mm Liger V2 in blue.
+ SiC insert and a matching blue Storm Cell cap.

:D

Expected delivery date 2-4 weeks.

:(

No biggie, I'm covered ... but I still hope it's closer to 2 weeks.

Monsoon

I just ordered a 20mm Liger V2 in blue.
+ SiC insert and a matching blue Storm Cell cap.

:D

Expected delivery date 2-4 weeks.

:(

No biggie, I'm covered ... but I still hope it's closer to 2 weeks.
I sent him a message asking about the eta, I'll let you know what he says. With the Sapphire Halo possibly not happening for awhile, I'm more anxious to order the Liger but with Canada shipping at US$40 I want to try to order everything at once if possible.

Monsoon,

PoopMachine

I sent him a message asking about the eta, I'll let you know what he says. With the Sapphire Halo possibly not happening for awhile, I'm more anxious to order the Liger but with Canada shipping at US$40 I want to try to order everything at once if possible.

Im going to assume you wont be asked to pay the freight on the stuff he doesnt have.

He told me last week he should have the caps Friday and was getting them anodized Saturday. I emailed him asking for an update and havent gotten a response yet.

Im a little frustrated because he's missed his own dates huge but I understand its probably out of his control. Im going out of town for 10 days and dont want this stuff sitting in my mailbox while Im gone. I just had about $200 of stuff stolen out of my mailbox earlier this week.

Monsoon

Im going to assume you wont be asked to pay the freight on the stuff he doesnt have.

He told me last week he should have the caps Friday and was getting them anodized Saturday. I emailed him asking for an update and havent gotten a response yet.

Im a little frustrated because he's missed his own dates huge but I understand its probably out of his control. Im going out of town for 10 days and dont want this stuff sitting in my mailbox while Im gone. I just had about $200 of stuff stolen out of my mailbox earlier this week.
He said late this week for the Storm Cell caps and 3-4 weeks for the SiC inserts. Not sure whether he holds orders for backordered items or not.

I would maybe either ask him to hold the order until you're about to return or maybe he can mark it to be delivered directly to the post office (it's an option in Canada anyway).

Monsoon,

PoopMachine

Not real happy with how this cap deal is going.. I knew the SIC insert was a ways out.. I bought a quartz to get me by but I expected to have a cap by the end of last week and it doesnt look like its even going to be this week.

I know its not Josh's fault but not really how I expected my first transaction with him to go. Ive been given 4 different times it would be done/shipped and who knows when now.

I told him to just send it. We have someone coming by to check the mail.

shark sandwich

"shit sandwich"
Accessory Maker
I purchased a 20mm rainbow Liger 2.0 just over a month ago. I'm still waiting on the cap and sic dish too, but I've found that my old hymanquartz carb cap works alright in the meantime. I've been using 620F with the quartz insert. The covered petri dish has rosin in it.

BKTA5B6.jpg

tepictoton

@PoopMachine please give him some time and he will make it up to you.

Hell, if I was not all the way over here in Europe I would send you my V1 storm cap...

Patience my friend... Why not drill a hole in a coin and use that? Just put a coin on it?

Also, one can just turn up the temp a bit avoiding the necessity to cap. Okay, flavor will suffer a bit with quartz in the higher temps, but it works great like that too...

I mean, have we forgotten the days before carb capping? I remember...it was not that long ago.

Think Josh is doing what he can for you, if you feel that is not the case you can always ask for a refund?

I would just waith... Thing is he is changing things as we go along... So he drops a new item, let's it be tested, and with the feedback he gets he changes things. This does have as a downside that sometimes things get ' old ' pretty fast jiji

I love being on this boat, let's see where it sails...

tepictoton,
Top Bottom