Liger banger V2.0

It's easy bro the little ring above the cap is for airflow. The little locknut let's you adjust that as well as the dab tip inside the cap

Cannabis Connoisseur,

nodrog

Question about the SIC. Has anyone else had trouble getting the insert OUT? I just drop it in, use it for a week or so until it's time to clean the Liger but then the SIC is stuck in the bucket like crazy glue. After a bunch of email with Josh I now know that when I want to remove it for cleaning I have to heat the bucket to like 800 for a couple HOURS then bang it HARD to get the insert out. It always comes out with a bunch of crumbly carbon bits/dust. Then I can soak the bucket overnight in ISO. Soaking the bucket with the stuck insert overnight didn't help get the insert out. I think the tolerances between insert and metal are just so close that any oil in there just forms a near-permanent bond when repeatedly subjected to heating and reheating with the enail (typically around 600 degrees).

Anyone else had trouble with the SIC inserts getting stuck? I like this thing just fine otherwise.

nodrog,

herb forester

Got my cap today.. looks nothing like what Ive seen in pictures here. Anyone know how to use this thing?
Where are the pictures?!!! :rant::myday::hmm::wave:

Question about the SIC. Has anyone else had trouble getting the insert OUT? I just drop it in, use it for a week or so until it's time to clean the Liger but then the SIC is stuck in the bucket like crazy glue. After a bunch of email with Josh I now know that when I want to remove it for cleaning I have to heat the bucket to like 800 for a couple HOURS then bang it HARD to get the insert out. It always comes out with a bunch of crumbly carbon bits/dust. Then I can soak the bucket overnight in ISO. Soaking the bucket with the stuck insert overnight didn't help get the insert out. I think the tolerances between insert and metal are just so close that any oil in there just forms a near-permanent bond when repeatedly subjected to heating and reheating with the enail (typically around 600 degrees).

Anyone else had trouble with the SIC inserts getting stuck? I like this thing just fine otherwise.
Got my cap today.. looks nothing like what Ive seen in pictures here. Anyone know how to use this thing?
It sounds like you're dripping goo between the insert and the ti part, and that hard carbon is what's so easy to clean off the SiC vs quartz. It's funny I said before I rarely use the shallow side, but lately it's been my favorite way, largely dependent on capping method of course.

herb forester,
Reactions: CG420

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
It was my understanding that by adjustable he meant the height of the airport into the dish. Allowing you to bring the air directly to the bottom of the dish.

It looks like it was a variable air intake cap after all!! Fucking right!
I like this new design. Spin top piece so the smaller hole in line with the base holes for less flow, bigger holes for more. It also looks like we can spin it so either 2 holes are open of 4. Totally variable air flow pretty much.
Turned mine up to 11 ;) recyclers spinning like crazy. Tame it down a bit for the FC-710. Looks like he made the handle redesign less susceptible to getting red hot!

Check it out.

Ahh, look at the first pic. There are 4 preset holes that are meant to be the air flow settings. The tiny bump on the top piece goes into one of the 4 holes depending on how much flow you want :)

4E8F89C8-2B8A-4D38-B73D-D424EBB46151.jpg

1B783D05-77CF-4647-9436-6761A000F5EF.jpg

ABF94D7D-067B-4850-A4CD-E3C2E3707988.jpg

51005F2C-554B-40AD-B19E-F091540AB102.jpg

E7D7BBDD-43ED-4F71-8B11-483E3F62E581.jpg

Oh yeah, new dab tips too ;)
30443F9A-90DE-4DDA-9999-94C2097DA867.jpg

Last edited:

herbivore21

If the production costs were similar to D-Nail's it should be less just be being a smaller and simpler design. I'd be okay with paying more but only if it's worth it the extra. However compared to D-Nails, you're lot less likely to break it since it's simpler and more durable and it's just dropped it versus being threaded with pressure. My Quartz Halo is still holding up well for the most part but there has been some chipping on the inside hole which may become more of an issue over time.

Just got my tracking number for my Liger kit, with any luck I should get it by Friday or Monday since I opted for Priority Express to Canada. My orders from D-Nail using that method have always been 3 business days. Priority is about 1-1.5 weeks depending on how far they are from a hub and anything below that competes with China for delivery times. Josh quoted me $26 for regular Priority which isn't too bad, I should find out soon how much the Express shipping was.
Sapphire halos do not break from the lug at all IME. Sapphire is tougher than quartz ;)

I have owned 2 sapphire halos and while one broke (from a 5ft drop while attached to a nail base and heater onto tiles), neither has been at all damaged from the lug at all. I regularly inspect this very thoroughly under UVA light.

BTW those chips you describe in the quartz are likely from microfractures that missed QC man - I'm told that these start as tiny fractures that grow over time and are notoriously hard to spot without a UV light (which I'm told they now have at d-nail, but didn't originally have) you will get warranty for that though! I had the same thing happen on my first batch quartz halo and it was replaced under warranty - btw my new quartz halo has wicking outer sides too now! Still, quartz isn't for me anyway, sapphire, ti/sapphire and SiC all the way!

Also Liger Sapphire should be considerably cheaper than d-nails design if it is smaller and a simpler shape, also especially since the d-nail sapphire has the wik surface grown into it in the lab (you don't machine sapphire apparently!) and this leads to higher rates of qc failures in production since if the sapphire grows unevenly in the mold, it breaks. ;)

It'll be interesting to see a sapphire bucket - do we mean the actual banger bucket or another insert like the SiC and quartz?

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Sapphire halos do not break from the lug at all IME. Sapphire is tougher than quartz ;)

I have owned 2 sapphire halos and while one broke (from a 5ft drop while attached to a nail base and heater onto tiles), neither has been at all damaged from the lug at all. I regularly inspect this very thoroughly under UVA light.

BTW those chips you describe in the quartz are likely from microfractures that missed QC man - I'm told that these start as tiny fractures that grow over time and are notoriously hard to spot without a UV light (which I'm told they now have at d-nail, but didn't originally have) you will get warranty for that though! I had the same thing happen on my first batch quartz halo and it was replaced under warranty - btw my new quartz halo has wicking outer sides too now! Still, quartz isn't for me anyway, sapphire, ti/sapphire and SiC all the way!

Also Liger Sapphire should be considerably cheaper than d-nails design if it is smaller and a simpler shape, also especially since the d-nail sapphire has the wik surface grown into it in the lab (you don't machine sapphire apparently!) and this leads to higher rates of qc failures in production since if the sapphire grows unevenly in the mold, it breaks. ;)

It'll be interesting to see a sapphire bucket - do we mean the actual banger bucket or another insert like the SiC and quartz?

Just the insert would be sapphire, The Ti Liger V2.0 will be the base. I would think it would look similar to the Sic and quartz dishes that are double sided cups, 1 end deep, 1 end shallow.

That cap is wild
I have mine dialed in perfectly for this rig now! Great system

Monsoon

I'll grab a UV light soon and check it out myself. Do you think they'd replace it just based on the chips before it's actually broken?

I asked before and nobody else had reported issues yet. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to be extra careful with mine when I get it which looks like Monday at this rate.

Monsoon,
The Sapphire insert will work with the V2 buckets but are specifically designed for the V3 buckets on the way . The V3 buckets will work with the V2 airstem.
The V2 inserts will Not work with the V3 buckets.
I will be buying a V3 Bucket And Sapphire when available!
JOSH is really changing the game!!!
Hope he'll be flattered because there will
undoubtedly be some imitations in the future! This Damn Carb Cap is just unbelievable!! 4Different Dab Tips for the inside of the cap as well as room to fit a dab tip on top of the cap stem! The
Adjustable Air Flow and the Pull is remarkable. Josh may be still learning the ends and out of supply and demand but when it comes to R&D, He's the Fucking Man!!

Last edited:

Monsoon

The Sapphire insert will work with the V2 buckets but are specifically designed for the V3 buckets on the way . The V3 buckets will work with the V2 airstem.
The V2 inserts will Not work with the V3 buckets.
I will be buying a V3 Bucket And Sapphire when available!
JOSH is really changing the game!!!
Hope he'll be flattered because there will
undoubtedly be some imitations in the future! This Damn Carb Cap is just unbelievable!! 4Different Dab Tips for the inside of the cap as well as room to fit a dab tip on top of the cap stem! The
Adjustable Air Flow and the Pull is remarkable. Josh may be still learning the ends and out of supply and demand but when it comes to R&D, He's the Fucking Man!!
It's good to hear that the bucket can be swapped out, that helps cut down on upgrade costs.

Last edited:

PNW_High_Times

Just want to echo what everyone else is saying. The storm carb cap is second to none! Can't believe how much better the Liger hits now. Honestly it kind of pisses me off that I've had to struggle to cap it for the last 6-7 weeks.

The cap itself is a piece of engineering genius! Josh has admitted to me that he expects imitations of his cap to hit the market sooner than later. They do say imitation is the greatest form of flattery though.

I haven't played with the air flow too much because mine seems to be dialed in perfectly. All of the tips are bad ass and serve a purpose. The carb cap doesn't get hot either, which surprised me. This is ingenuity at its finest!

I agree if Josh can get his production and inventory levels up to par he's going to be killing it! I hope he gets it figured out because everyone should have a Liger and storm cap!! Now I'll just sit here again and wait for my SiC bucket to come in.

Last edited:

jl420

Just ordered my third Liger v.2 (20mm). I have a bunch of rigs that are, for the most part, have 14mm male joint fixtures. I just recently acquired 1 new and 2 on the way 19mm female joint rigs. Instead of constantly switching parts around I'd have one dedicated to the 19mm female set-up. I ordered a Quartz insert & have a extra Sic insert and a new storm cell cap. I know there's been a back-order on some of Josh's stuff but I still feel it's worth the wait. Everyone who isn't familiar with the Liger are always real impressed with the design & quality when they come over to dab. For me it's the best TI nail on the market...

Gonzo_da_wind

On the new adjustable cap, can you increase the airflow beyond the amount currently available through the two holes. Or can you only reduce the size of the ports. Also how does the new adjustable design do as far at maintaining the vortex like air turbulence created by the two air holes angled in opposition to each other. From the image posted only two of the four holes under the selection ring look to be angled?

Gonzo_da_wind,

PNW_High_Times

Yeah, a little bird has been tweeting in my ear as well.

:D ;)

I communicated with Josh today and I'm so stoked I stuck with CCA. Since I bought the quartz and SiC bucket for my Liger 2.0 but I am still waiting for the SiC I'm just going to cancel that order and get one for the Liger 3.0 instead. That was I can use my 2.0 quartz and a 3.0 sapphire or SiC. DNail is going to have to go back to the drawing board once it's released!!

Gonzo_da_wind

On the new adjustable cap, can you increase the airflow beyond the amount currently available through the two holes. Or can you only reduce the size of the ports. Also how does the new adjustable design do as far at maintaining the vortex like air turbulence created by the two air holes angled in opposition to each other. From the image posted only two of the four holes under the selection ring look to be angled?[/QUOTE so I need seemed to get a response. Tonly my previous question directed towards anyone who has the new adjustable cap. Also I am starting to wonder if this thread is adequately titled. I believe that we are beyond V2 on the storm cap and I got a voice in my head telling me that before long the Liger will have so many different combinations of the various evolutions of the liger that it will easily match the personalization capabilities of dnail ((not mentioning that Josh already offers a selection of colors with dnail lacks))

Gonzo_da_wind,

PoopMachine

While I applaud his innovation, I hope there will be some kind of upgrade path for those of us that have already purchased from him. Buying new buckets wont be a cheap endeavor, if thats all it takes to get up to V3.

Gonzo_da_wind

Do we know anything about v3 yet?

What are the improvements?
from what Josh and I have been discussing is beginning The V3 bucket will be the beginnings of the expansion the compatability and personalization of the Liger system. The V3 will enclose the coil. Mearning way more efficient heat transfer and less heat escaping, which will allow you to turn you displayed temperature down prolonging coil life. And the V3 will have the option of purchasing for use with a flat coil. (( that one going to be HUGE That bucket is shaping up to be around 30mm in diameter. )). And Josh is intending on having a few more vaporizing surface choices available. There are a lot more in store but ill leave this last hint...... completely SiC bucket.

Top Bottom