Liger banger V2.0

ezd

Yea there is a little bit of oil creep. I usually qtip it off after a while. Could use an extended ball point or longer pincers on this tip.

ezd,

matthend

ok, so apparently 20mm Sic dishes and storm cell caps are backordered for a few weeks. What are the advantages or reasons that one would opt for a 16mm version?

LOL, other than the obvious one being that they are in stock...

matthend,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
ok, so apparently 20mm Sic dishes and storm cell caps are backordered for a few weeks. What are the advantages or reasons that one would opt for a 16mm version?

LOL, other than the obvious one being that they are in stock...

If you have wimpy lungs the 16mm takes less of a draw to take in the vapor before you cap it so it could be better in that situation. That and I like the way it hits for small dabs every bit as much or more. BUT There is really no big advantage to the 16mm unless you have 16mm coils around already. I have both and use both but if I were only getting one, it would be the 20mm Sic. If you just can't wait and go ahead and get the 16mm I doubt you would ever miss the extra surface area unless you do .1g dabs. MAke sure to use the discount code in my signature to get 10% off.
I do always use the 16mm on my little banger hangers and travel rig. It just fits better. My girlfriend just suprised me with a cabin in the woods this weekend and told me to "pack my travel enail" lol. good girl. I am stoked just to use this setup! This might be my favorite piece of DH gate glass that I rarely use!

4924BF6B-B0B4-4B36-BB7C-800CF39B88C6.jpg

CAEEE230-F44A-4819-B832-1183523E2EAC.jpg

28C24DA6-AA4A-46F7-87BC-770366B399A0.jpg

herb forester

You guys make me jealous with your storm cell caps, I should have ordered one from the start. How many tips are there and what parts come with the new design? Anyone care to show more pics?

herb forester,

herb forester

There are four tips including the pincer one that I posted awhile ago. Here are a few pics.

D0v2JfL.jpg

1JEEomS.jpg

H1hWTjK.jpg
Thanks, the pointy one looks fun. Do you like the first one with the hole best? I talked to Josh about using SiC for those tips or a whole dabber and he was already on it.

herb forester,

ezd

Yea I prefer the pincer tip because it holds a piece of shatter perfectly, at least for me. A SiC tip might be interesting. The only issue I really have with the current tips is oil creep but that really happens with any dabber.

mixchu69

I have not used my Quartz insert yet since the sic is so tasty. I run mine around 670 with the dnail coil. I love how there is no vapor trail.

mixchu69,
I have not used my Quartz insert yet since the sic is so tasty. I run mine around 670 with the dnail coil. I love how there is no vapor trail.
I just got my dnail and I'm on back order for the Liger. I was wondering what temps are preferred for just the Liger Ti bucket, which are preferred for the SiC and which for the Quartz?

Cannabis Connoisseur,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
With Just the bucket I would go
I just got my dnail and I'm on back order for the Liger. I was wondering what temps are preferred for just the Liger Ti bucket, which are preferred for the SiC and which for the Quartz?

650 with no insert, 670 with SiC, 700 with the older, thinner quartz and I run the new Quartz insert with the thick ass base at at least 710. But I move my temps all around. I played around this weekend with some fat rips at 760 in the 16mm quartz too. Still tasty and hit like a torch banger.

tepictoton

I do seem to notice difference when going up higher in temperature between the quartz and SiC.

Quartz seems to get to a point where the higher temps seem to lose flavor sooner then SiC does.

For me with sic it seems to be easier to find the spot where trailing is almost not existing, white walling my glass everytime I cap it without losing flavor.

With quartz my experience is that to achieve no trailing one must turn up the temp so high flavor starts to get lost a bit. Ymmv...

And I too like playing around with the box... Fixed temperature is hard to say, but the range that mrbonsai420 gives us is pretty much what I start of with.

mixchu69

Man, loving my liger banger. I have only used the sic insert (Quartz hasn't even been used). How do you know when you should clean the sic? Since it is dark, it is hard to see if it needs cleaning.

Where do you place the insert when torching? I once torched my hive carb cab on a mason jar but glass popped. I don't want to hold with pliers. Is there some surface you guys recommend to place your inserts when torching? Thanks

nodrog

Just curious how others are using their Liger banger with an e-nail. I'm relatively new to dabbing, so don't really know the protocol for all this stuff. Here is how I'm using it, would love others' comments on optimal use. Note: I am using the silicon carbide insert.

- After a lot of playing around with temperature, I've settled on around 615 degrees.
- After dropping the dab in, inhaling continuously, stir for a few seconds then place Storm cap on. Remove Storm cap at end of inhale.
- The first hit, of course, is the biggest. I usually hold it in as long as I can, sometimes remembering to do that thing where you breathe out maybe 1/4-1/3 then breathe in more fresh air so as to retain it longer. Not sure this does that much, but playing around with it currently.
- Then, in part due to the relatively low temperature, there is still some oil left in the bucket. With the Storm cap off, it just "threads" smoke a little but doesn't vaporize. Put the Storm cap back on and inhale deeply, then remove Storm cap. This always produces a reasonable cloud of vapor, though smaller than the first. I usually get 3 good hits out of one dab, but honestly, you can continue cap-inhale-remove-cap for a good 2-3 additional inhales with the caveat that each one is smaller than the last.
- After I've completed my chosen amount of dabs (usually 2-5 smallish dabs of concentrate), I turn it off and immediately swab with a dry q-tip
- I've only been cleaning it as needed -- when the airflow gets restricted or enough reclaim has built up that it threatens to drip a glob. This is typically taking it apart then soaking overnight in ISO, followed by cleaning with q-tips.

How do you use this magical little piece of machined titanium?

mixchu69

Just curious how others are using their Liger banger with an e-nail. I'm relatively new to dabbing, so don't really know the protocol for all this stuff. Here is how I'm using it, would love others' comments on optimal use. Note: I am using the silicon carbide insert.

- After a lot of playing around with temperature, I've settled on around 615 degrees.
- After dropping the dab in, inhaling continuously, stir for a few seconds then place Storm cap on. Remove Storm cap at end of inhale.
- The first hit, of course, is the biggest. I usually hold it in as long as I can, sometimes remembering to do that thing where you breathe out maybe 1/4-1/3 then breathe in more fresh air so as to retain it longer. Not sure this does that much, but playing around with it currently.
- Then, in part due to the relatively low temperature, there is still some oil left in the bucket. With the Storm cap off, it just "threads" smoke a little but doesn't vaporize. Put the Storm cap back on and inhale deeply, then remove Storm cap. This always produces a reasonable cloud of vapor, though smaller than the first. I usually get 3 good hits out of one dab, but honestly, you can continue cap-inhale-remove-cap for a good 2-3 additional inhales with the caveat that each one is smaller than the last.
- After I've completed my chosen amount of dabs (usually 2-5 smallish dabs of concentrate), I turn it off and immediately swab with a dry q-tip
- I've only been cleaning it as needed -- when the airflow gets restricted or enough reclaim has built up that it threatens to drip a glob. This is typically taking it apart then soaking overnight in ISO, followed by cleaning with q-tips.

How do you use this magical little piece of machined titanium?

I use it the same way, but I use around 660-670 as my temp. I always try to finish the dab in 1 hit.

I think the Quartz insert tastes great. It will be nice to switch between sic and Quartz. Sic definitely has less vapor trails, but I find the tastes comparable. I love how everything is so simple.

tepictoton

Simple... To the average person this must be confuzzling....

I mean, I have to explain the language we are using here to my stoner friends. Cannot even imagine trying to explain this to my parents lol...

You put the Dabb in the cap? Basket of vapor? Insert your storm cap here? Lol

tepictoton,
Reactions: grokit

nodrog

Simple... To the average person this must be confuzzling....

I mean, I have to explain the language we are using here to my stoner friends. Cannot even imagine trying to explain this to my parents lol...

You put the Dabb in the cap? Basket of vapor? Insert your storm cap here? Lol

I know! I'm 47 and find there's a distinct age difference. My 22-year-old friend came over, saw my Mobius piece and e-nail, and said "Nice rig!". My friends in their 40s come over and say "What's that?" (then I get them baked / educate them on dabbing).

PoopMachine

Just broke my Liger down for the first time to clean and WOW!! Complex little piece! 7 pieces to this little gadget! This nail kicks ass. I don't even need a carb cap the dab cyclones until gone and no vapor trails!
By the way, It's really not even dirty!!! After countless dabs!!

Its truly magic and Josh is the man for customer service. Im totally on the bandwagon.. I hope he comes out with lots more stuff I can buy!!!

PoopMachine,
Reactions: Monsoon

Monsoon

Damn you guys, between the overly positive reviews and the rising Canadian Peso I'm getting really tempted to order one. With the carb caps on backorder, anyone found a decent alternative? I've got something like 5 caps here so I figure I've got one that works okay temporarily. Also how does the anodized colour hold up? I'm guessing torching will change it for sure but how about just using the enail coil? I'd probably get the rainbow one so it's less of an issue but still good to know.

Monsoon,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Damn you guys, between the overly positive reviews and the rising Canadian Peso I'm getting really tempted to order one. With the carb caps on backorder, anyone found a decent alternative? I've got something like 5 caps here so I figure I've got one that works okay temporarily. Also how does the anodized colour hold up? I'm guessing torching will change it for sure but how about just using the enail coil? I'd probably get the rainbow one so it's less of an issue but still good to know.

It will only change slightly where the coil is. It does dull when you torch clean it though. My purple and gold pieces are holding up well.
A little birdie just told me about the reason caps are on back order. V3 storm cell and V2 honey hole carb caps with adjustable air flow are on there way to me now!! This way you could fine tune the cap to work optimally with each rigs airflow. Josh is ridiculously smart when it comes to R&D, I'll let you know when these land and I can test these out!! If you need to borrow a storm cell until they come in I can let you borrow one of mine @Monsoon :) It's flat so you can cap it with any flat carb cap or the bottom of a glass until it comes in.

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: Monsoon

PoopMachine

I cap mine with my Happy Daddy Genesis cap. Its a little big but works.

I think Josh is expecting to have caps tomorrow or Monday according to an email I got from him a few days ago.

PoopMachine,
I'm kind of tired of all the waiting. I had to wait on my Banger, still on hold for my carb cap, still waiting on my SiC Insert. The only thing that was in stock was my Quartz. The funds were deducted immediately though, not the normal state of pending for a backorder product. I can't understand why the carb caps didn't come on with the banger, it's all Ti. I'm just kind of bummed with this whole half ass experience. No carb i have fits this, and I sacrificed the Sapphire experience for this and settled for SiC,quartz and Ti. And did I mention my funds have already been deducted! Just a little venting!!:rant:

Cannabis Connoisseur,

PoopMachine

I'm kind of tired of all the waiting. I had to wait on my Banger, still on hold for my carb cap, still waiting on my SiC Insert. The only thing that was in stock was my Quartz. The funds were deducted immediately though, not the normal state of pending for a backorder product. I can't understand why the carb caps didn't come on with the banger, it's all Ti. I'm just kind of bummed with this whole half ass experience. No carb i have fits this, and I sacrificed the Sapphire experience for this and settled for SiC,quartz and Ti. And did I mention my funds have already been deducted! Just a little venting!!:rant:

Hopefully caps ship tomorrow or Monday. I know SIC is still a ways away. Im kind of bummed, too... I expected to have my cap by now based off of what I was told but I think it was kind of out of his hands. The HDG cap is okay.. my Dnail cap kind of fits it but the HDP one I think is better.

Im probably going to sell the Dnail setup once I get a cap for the Liger. The Liger is a better setup for me and even with the delay, Josh's customer service has been top notch.

Top Bottom