Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Raf007

Retailer
ImHo Stinkmeaner has a good point here.

I hope to see 7th Floor changing their labellings if he's right... that's if 7th Floor cares to go forward as they have claimed a few posts ago..

Raf007,

Beezleb

I am unsure that 7th floor does or does not meet the standard for made in America labeling and either does anyone here. The issue is very cloudy and not every ruling is standardized. It gives leeway for interruption and subjectivity when it comes to bringing in other materials and then being reprocessed in America which seems largely to be the case with 7th floor. I am inclined to say they are likely legally correct. I also say this is also pretty much true with a vast many products and many that people likely use everyday and think its all American made.

We live in a global economy. People need to understand what all that really means. I do not see the issue as a 7th floor issue and I think I understand stinks stance on the issue of "Made in America" and I do not fault anyone for wanting to protect that brand. In fact it has a very loyal and powerful following that does much to protect the value of American made products.

I suggest for anyone that has views so strong that you must keep harping on it to file a complaint and let the powers that be figure it out who govern such proclamations.

I also think it should be made clear it does not seem the people who having issue with the "made at" aspect have serious issues or concerns about the products safety or quality in retrospect to be any different than the current quality/safety of 7th floor products. I think this aspect will tend to polarize people looking in at parts of the discussion as the stereotypical response would be to feel its "low quality" from China but in truth its about the manufacturer. If a company has a cheap product. Blame the company.

In my opinion 7th floor makes quality products that perform consistent at a performance level that users can adjust with little learning curve and in my opinion does it equally well to better than other similar vaporizers in their class. I see them like a high quality car maker who creates vehicles for different people but in their case they decided to make vaporizers. I really do not care how they do it as long as it is safe and performs as expected.

We are a capitalist society and as the world has embraced this concept it has the effect of generically consolidating manufacturing areas to where it is cost effective. In our system manufacturing will move like the water, the path of least resistance and resistance is (cost) what is in the way of profits and right now the big thing is payroll and taxes. China is what America was after WW2 pretty much in many respects to industry.

The business and manufacturing environment is likely forcing 7th floor to China to be able to efficiently compete. I think it is wrong to take issue with a company for going to China but that is not really what Stink is saying and I say this as I am unsure the issue is fully illustrated realistically. Stinks issue is about terminology and from a protectionist position that should be recognized and respected as I agree with stink in general view point about protecting the made in America label.

7th floor got a bit murky but I do not think it is genuinely sketchy as it may appear to be. I believe 7th floor is a small to medium sized manufacturer of vaporizers that grew very quickly. Also, manufacturers tend to not discuss and allow people on a forum to play a role. FC is rare in this regard and is likely because for the most part the manufacturers that typically have a presence are smaller operations and/or they offer a representative but it is not typically intended to be more of a customer service/representation situation.

If 7th floor is wrong in its manufacturing labeling than I hope it is changed but I do not believe their is genuinely intent to false advertise and I am unsure on my opinion if they violate or not, it does not seem to be so cut and dry. This view is tapered with the fact that their products are viewed with much admiration and respect. Typically a fraud will not put effort into actually creating a quality product. Then again, lots of people tell little white lies. Its up to each person to decide for themselves and if they even care.

Gatsby T Pig

*****Brief Review and Intial Impressions*****

I received my LSV on Thursday, last week. I am in a testing phase right now and I don't think it is fair to give my review until I have used this product for 1 week. I will give my initial impressions though and then I will post my full review by Friday.

It feels bomb-proof. At least as bomb-proof as a glass vape can be. It is obvious that a lot of time and effort went into the production of this unit. The metal casing is there to house the glass(but does not touch it) and the drilled holes help keep the unit from getting too hot. When the 'direct draw' glass piece is inserted into the LSV, it looks a lot like a Light Saber. So much so, that you might have the impulse to pose with it.

Loading the wand is simple. For those of you that own a PD/WDZ/MZAP, the loading process is identical. Just suck the herb into the end of the wand. Then insert the wand into the LSV. The LSV can be used upside-down or right-side-up, since there is a screen in the LSV unit and in the wand. The LSV is comfortable to hold and use. The knob has a nice feel and slides slowly. So far I have used the LSV for short and long durations over the last 4 days. The wand heats up within 3 minutes and is ready to go. I just turn the knob and leave it on the table until it is ready to pick up and use. After leaving it on for about an hour, the device is very warm but not uncomfortably so. 7th floor sent me 2 free water-pipe adapters, since I was one of the first 100 orders. I am trying to use them succesfully and will describe, when I figure them out, how to use them properly. Lastly, it vapes very well(oh the clouds!). There are some small vaping issues that I will address later, after more thorough use. At this moment I am pleased with my purchase.

I know I am not giving you much to go on so far. I want people to know that the unit has been purchased and received by someone. I have also been using it but I want to give as accurate and complete review as possible, to be fair to both the FC community and 7th floor.

Gatsby T Pig,

lwien

I still want to see a video of this in operation. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how the LSV actually works.

lwien,

Beezleb

Thanks Gatsby T Pig.

How do you feel about the cord connection to the LSV? Is it of the impression it will last from long term repeated use?

Beezleb,

toxicc

E11001420
Have you tried Da Buddha or Silver Surfer Vaporizer before? How does it compare?

toxicc,

Gatsby T Pig

lwien said:
I still want to see a video of this in operation. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how the LSV actually works.
I agree a video would be helpful, I didn't exactly know what I was getting in to when I bought it. Unfortunately, I don't have the equipment to record and upload the video to the internet.

I just noticed someone else here bought the LSV. That person may get the pics and vids up before I post my review. Either way, I think everyone will have a much better idea of how this thing works by the end of the week.

Gatsby T Pig,

Gandalf

Gatsby, have you used a PD/MZ/WDZ before? I am very curious to know how the LSV compares to these log vapes. Thanks!

Gandalf,

Gatsby T Pig

Beezleb said:
Thanks Gatsby T Pig.

How do you feel about the cord connection to the LSV? Is it of the impression it will last from long term repeated use?

No problem B. I have learned a lot on these forums, from all of you. I want to give back a little, I hope this helps.

The cord is thick and uses a three pronged (grounded)plug. It looks sturdy to me and I don't think there will be any long-term problems.

toxicc said:
Have you tried Da Buddha or Silver Surfer Vaporizer before? How does it compare?

Toxic-
I have not used either of those before. I own a Myrtlezap and a Launch Box; I have used a Volcano a few times.
I chose the LSV over Da Buddha or Silver Surfer because I wanted to use this vape the way I use my Myrtlezap- holding the unit with the stem inserted into my bubbler. Basically, like a big, expensive, butane-free lighter... that won't combust any organic material, unless I want it to(which I don't).

Gatsby T Pig,

Pappy

shmaporist
I'm curious to see a video and reviews. I know the LSV site is new but the info and graphics on it are paltry. Noticed price reduction which makes sense.

Pappy,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
To me made in China can mean quality material and work, but not quality pay or care for the unfortunate "workers" which re more like slaves. Chris has said that they make sure they pay their workers well above the average income level for their area and to me that is the most important part about all of this.

You can care about metal all you want, but there is a human face to this that matters more. All I can do is take Chris' word that they pay their workers in China well. I really hope that is true because for me that is the reason why buying in China is wrong, and why it is profitable for companies to outsource. As long as the metal is aluminum like they say and not cadmium or some shit then I'm fine. I won't die from it anyway, the workers who deal with it everyday would, and they would get no health care either in most cases. Guess it's just fucked up to me that everyone is worried about the website claiming it's made in the USA but no one has yet to mention the WORKERS in China who may be the real victims.

I still use me old DBV nearly everyday that was in fact made here in the USA long before they had such a demand, knowing it was made in the USA makes me feel good about the care of the people who made it. That is the best part of made in the USA to me.

aesthyrian,

toxicc

E11001420
You are right aesthyrian. People must keep in mind that when you pay less for something that is made in a third world country, someone has to pay for the price difference, and it is the workers. Your small money gain is paid by their 12 hours of work 7 days a week in poor conditions. I myself don't always think about it and am ashamed of it. (not saying that "7th floors" chinese workers are working in poor conditions, just generally speaking)

P.S. sorry for being off topic

toxicc,

2clicker

Observer
Chris,

how does the heater in the LSV compare to those in the SSV and DBV? are they the same?

size... diameter... length...?

thanks

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
toxicc said:
The LSV heater cover is straight, while both the DBV and SSV are at near right angles, so its unique to the unit.

i understand the heater cover is a different shape and size, but im asking about the heater itself

is it the same heater that is in the DBV and SSV?

2clicker,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Im pretty sure the heater itself is the same one used in the DBV and SSV (the ceramic ones they have used foevah)

If its not broke, why try to reinvent it?

AGBeer,

toxicc

E11001420
First the herb iron does not have temperature control, and as of right now does not have any attachment for vaporizing. And it's made of plastic.

toxicc,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Indeed the ceramic heaters are the same in all of our vapes, for exactly the reason that AGBEER mentioned. And the glass heater covers are the only difference, as also mentioned, straight for the LSV and bend at a right angle for the SSV and DBV.

Vapetologist,

ShadowLink12

Activist
Hey guys, just fyi, I decided it is time to turn this thread in the right direction, so I ordered a LSV! In depth review as soon as I can complete some thorough testing... :brow:

ShadowLink12,
Funny, I got all enthused about this one and was about to buy until I saw the price. I would bite at 200, but 3...

Something tells me this is an awesome product which is just too expensive for its own good.

charliedontsurf,

vapormonkey

Almost pulled the trigger but at $300 for the LSV one hitter...well... it's priced bit high for me right now. This is one product that may have a greater profit point priced at $200 instead of $300 due to greater sales. This economy is tough.

vapormonkey,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
OK, we've heard complaints about the price since page 1, read the thread and see how derailed it's been. 7thFloor has read them so please stop beating the horse.

:horse:

Looking forward to some more actual reviews to get this thread back on topic. Thanks, Gatsby T Pig for being first!

Troi

SSVChris, in case you missed my post on page 9....

Troi said:
Hi SSV Chris, and all SSV Members.

FC members read:
It looks like everyone on FC is waiting for someone to actually order this product and give it a real review. I just ordered the product, so stay tunned for a review.

For SSVChris

I just purchased the SSV Vaporizor + 19 mm Water attachment, I also want to mention I've purchased both your DBV and SSV. I used the fuckcombustion discount, if you can expedite my order that would be great, I'm sure theres a lot of people ready to buy this thing just waiting for some real review, pictures.

I'll be honest, your website is lacking in providing me a clear understanding of how the glass enclosure, or glass connection works. I will be taking a lot of pictures and providing the information FC members need to make a decision on purchasing. My order # is #L100023

Keep everyone tuned.

I placed my order 3 days ago, I paid the extra 30$ for the overnight shipping, I've yet to receive a tracking number?

Troi,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Hope you get your 30.00 back and some free schwag for the seemingly poor customer service!

DeepFried,
Top Bottom