Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
I called myself a troll, FWIW. All forums have people that like to start fires. Its a part of life on the internet.

And, no, I am done with hole issue. Seriously.

Vapetologist,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
2Clicker, I posted my personal email, as well as that of customer service in direct response to your post days ago.

Customercare@7thfloor.biz
Chris@7thfloor.biz

I have received nothing from you, let me know what email you sent from and I will check with customer care. I will get to the bottom of this for you.

Vapetologist,

MacRadish

MacRadish said:
What else is needed to use this out of the box besides medicine and electricity? I am having conceptual use difficulties and the web site doesn't help.

Chris?

MacRadish,

2clicker

Observer
SSV Chris said:
2Clicker, I posted my personal email, as well as that of customer service in direct response to your post days ago.

Chris@7thfloor.biz

I have received nothing from you, let me know what email you sent from and I will check with customer care. I will get to the bottom of this for you.

sorry about not seeing that post. *EDIT* actually i didnt see it because it doesnt exist... at least i cant find it. the next post you made in this thread after my post about not hearing from you guys was from today. maybe you had it all typed up and forgot to hit or missed the "submit" button... ? anyway....

i was wondering if you guys would do some custom wands... im looking for a short steam roller with either a 14 or 18mm GonG bowl on it. is that do-able?

and what about a 18mm male gong to spherical socket female adapter...? make sense?

also will other heater covers (ssv or dbv) fit on the LSV? with or w/out the perf tubing thing?

2clicker,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
MacRadish, out of the box its everything you need. It comes with a glass transfer wand that you can use, and its possible that you might be able to use it on your waterpipe, depending on bowl size and such. If not, we have an adapter that will enable this. And of course, the heating element is ready to go.

We are pushing as fast as we can on the videos!

Vapetologist,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
vapormonkey said:
I actually remember the day when people used to view "Made in Japan" as cheap garbage. Now it means quality. China is just a perception as well. SSV's are probably more accurately assembled and finished in the USA. I'm more intererested if the product works rather than where it's made.

QFMFT

AGBeer,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
2clicker said:
I was wondering if you guys would do some custom wands... im looking for a short steam roller with either a 14 or 18mm GonG bowl on it. is that do-able?
and what about a 18mm male gong to spherical socket female adapter...? make sense?
also will other heater covers (ssv or dbv) fit on the LSV? with or w/out the perf tubing thing?

We most definitely do custom wands, the are located on the http://silversurfervap.com/glass/wands.html site.

We normally use 14 and 19 mm, so its hard to say, but if you have spherical, it opens things up a bit. Hard to really say with out the glass to play with, But I will see what I can come up with.

The LSV heater cover is straight, while both the DBV and SSV are at near right angles, so its unique to the unit.

Vapetologist,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
SSV Chris said:

Chris@7thfloor.biz

FWIW folks -

From my limited dealings with Chris via email, he has done an exceptional job of 'making shit happen'. If you have any issues, like the man said - email him and he will do his best to help.

AGBeer,

2clicker

Observer
AGBeer said:
SSV Chris said:

Chris@7thfloor.biz

FWIW folks -

From my limited dealings with Chris via email, he has done an exceptional job of 'making shit happen'. If you have any issues, like the man said - email him and he will do his best to help.

fuck, you guys are all gonna think im a giant dick but i gotta say it

there was no response from you days ago Chris or i would have contacted you about it. unless of course you posted it in another thread...?

ok im done

thank you very much for looking into the custom glass for me

2clicker,

Pappy

shmaporist
A most appreciated post by a VIP manufacturer! I know very few people on this forum who use only one vape. I personally use a DBV and EQV every day. From a consumer's POV I say the more the merrier. Different models and brands serve different purposes. The marketplace will determine success. Stay in touch, Chris!

hereatlast

Another thumbs up for SSV Chris' post here. Your presence in this thread isn't necessary but I know that some users really appreciate it, further it helps the community build as a whole. I know its your business in the end but thanks for sticking around.

2clicker, generally it seems the price criticisms specific to the manufacturing process in this thread are unfounded. Chris made a similar point to what I was trying to get at, people criticizing a process from the outside without the proper pertinent information aren't being very productive. No one in this thread (or very very few) are privy to the full manufacturing story, to me there's not enough ground to criticize from where we're standing.

Alright 8 pages in, we're gonna need a review soon :D

stinkmeaner

SSV Chris said:
I will restate a previous post in this thread.

We are very upfront about where are products are made. The SSV is produced in Colorado, from foreign and domestic parts. The DBV and LSV are partially assembled in China. (We are extremely connected with the factory there and we do pay more than the average wage. We take pride that we are enabling opportunity for people on a global basis) The DBV and LSV go through final assembly, testing, and quality assurance in Colorado. We are a Colorado company, and at the end of the day, we are the ones that stand behind the product.

Stinky, we are deceiving no one. This is also stated on our websites. I can provide you links if you need them. The story has never changed, and never will. I don't know where you are getting your information from, but it definitely isn't us. I'm sorry I can't explain all the issues/logistics/production scenarios that you are not factoring in, but I think everyone else here gets it by now. You seem really against us, really angry at us. If there is anything I can do to resolve this, please email me personally.

I really don't understand why you can't see the error in false advertising. I point out inconsistencies and you don't own up to them. Instead you take a rather crude approach and turn things back to me by asking if I have some kind of problem with you, attempting to appear to this board as good customer service. I don't have any problem with you, but I do have a problem with false advertising.

Here are your links: These links state that the products are made in the USA

1. Falsely says Made in USA in the graph Look at the top of the Graph: htt...ver-surfer-vaporizer-information/compare.html

2. Falsely says Assembled in the USA, you even went overboard and said 100%, Just read the First paragraph >>http://silversurfervap.com/silver-surfer-vaporizer-information/faq-s.html#5

3. Here is a quote from the Da Buddha website: "Da Buddha is perfect Zen. Built here in the USA, you can be assured you are getting a great product from a company that will stand behind their product. Be aware of imported vaporizers, they are most likely knock offs of a good American brand, using the poorest of quality materials and may also use toxic glues to hold the parts together"

Here is the link: >>>http://dabuddhavaporizer.com/dbv-info.html

***Do you actually believe that you can lie on your website for years by claiming your products are made in the USA?
Then when someone calls you out on the lie, you make a post on here and claim that you were always upfront. I have links that prove that you were not upfront with customers. It doesn't matter if you came clean here, the website still states otherwise.

***To anyone following this thread, please use your head when a company claims that final assembly & testing is done in the USA but the product is made in China, they are not going to do unnecessary work if they are paying for an outsourced product. I guarantee the only things they install themselves is for packaging purposes. (maybe the base, knobs, glass)
This company is not going to assemble anything more than they need to, why would they?
You are supposed to say your products are Made in China, sliding a glass heater cover over a shim does not mean they are partially made in USA, Or packaging for that matter.

Ask this: (These are the things that matter)

1. Where was the Metal Pipe made?
2. Where was the Metal Cut?
3. Where was the Paint/Powder coat applied?
4. Where was the Dimmer made & installed?
5. Where was the LED made & installed?
6. Where was the Power Cord made & installed?
7. Where was the wiring installed?
8. Where is your glass produced? (Not Blown) I know those funky looking GonG joints are from Asia

**I really don't care if the product is made in China, but why bother mentioning USA manufacturing at all if less than 10% is made or assembled here?

***Here are some posts, I have highlighted points of interest. It clearly states that SSV, DBV, & LSV components are produced in China, adding that they are produced to your standards, staff treated fairly, ubove average compensation is all just sugar coating and clearly thrown in to take the spotlight off the original subject; the fact that on the Da Buddha website it clearly says it is made in the USA.***

SSVAdam said:
I have returned, and am authorized to put the Da Buddha debate to bed. SSV DBV and LSV components are produced in China, they are manufactured to exacting standards that we have set forth, the factory only produces the parts for our vaporizers, we have been to the factory in china, are in close communications with the ownership of the factory, and know definitively that the staff are treated fairly, and compensated above what is comparable for the district they operate in. Our heating elements are not produced in china, but for trade secret purposes I am not able to disclose the country of origin. The DBV unit was assembled in the United States, until the time when demand was outpacing what production could handle, at which point we contacted the factory we work with in China to alleviate the work load on our employees. As we receive a Da Buddha currently it is assembled minus the glass components, testing and final packaging. The glass for all units are still made by hand in Colorado Springs, CO. The obvious next question why did we move to China, with the Da Buddha? It just made sense, the original design idea for the Da Buddha was to beat someone else to knocking off the SSV. So we served that need, I hope this has cleared up the concerns and allayed any notions of attempting to deceive the customer base. We are have redesigned all of our web based portals and are changing some copy around currently. I apologize on a personal level for my lack of attention to this venue of communications, I am wearing a lot of different hats in the corporation currently so I was hoping to have the time to do this since I sincerely do enjoy receiving customer feedback on our products and services, it is the only way to learn and move forward, unfortunately based on this time frame for my responses I will most likely be handing off the responsibility of lurking and responding to inquires and comments to another co-worker, but I will be around every so often and posting when I can. I appreciate everyone's dedication to the board, and good or bad information provided related to our products.

***Below it clearly states once again that DBV is produced in China and only the glass, testing, and packaging occurring in the states. Not much glass to install, only simple heater cover held in place with a metal shim and you don't have custom packaging, just plain boxes so why even mention packaging as if you deserve an award for putting it in a box.***

SSVAdam said:
Very good questions, at the current time, the LSV will be partially assembled in China (at the same factory the DBV is produced), with glass and final testing and packaging occurring in the states.

stinkmeaner,
Reactions: firekil

2clicker

Observer
hereatlast said:
Chris made a similar point to what I was trying to get at, people criticizing a process from the outside without the proper pertinent information aren't being very productive.

but then Chris never gave any info as to why its made the way it is. i cant think of any possible reason why it is the way it is.

is it that Chris is concerned that he may give away some of their secrets if he tells what the reason is for the hand drilled process? if so then i can understand that, but at least tell us that.

but also, i guess what im saying is what pertinent info could there possibly be?

hard to find a quality CNC machine shop in china?

certainly it can be said without revealing any secrets. its just a question that their customers want answered. instead of beating around the bush about it.

2clicker,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
stinkmeaner

The SSV links you provide(one did not work) state that its made the in the USA. Because it is.
1. Falsely says Made in USA in the graph Look at the top of the Graph: http://si mpare.html
Nothing False about it. It is made in the USA. Further, on the FAQ's page, yes we state that its not *100%* percent made in the USA, but only due to foreign parts. I think people have a clear understanding of this. We all work very hard(here in CO) to produce this product.

Let me describe the process of the SSV production to clear this up.

-The Aluminum housings and base plates are not[ produced in the USA We receive the cut metal raw.
-We then send it to our powdercoat(located in Colorado Springs)
-Its then returned, and we begin assembly. Again, parts are domestic and foreign. Powercord, heater element, dimmer switch, light all assembled herein the factory. I can provide photos for proof if you require.
-Glass is blown here in Colorado Springs, about two miles from the Vape warehouse. The raw glass is sourced from Europe, Asia, and the US.
-The truck that we transport the glass with is a Ford, US made, but from foreign and domestic parts I believe.
-The laser engraving is done here in our warehouse in Colorado Springs.
-Finishing, Testing, packaging, again, Colorado springs.
-Our new Wave Rider Series, where you can put any image or design on a SSV, is done here in Colorado.

I do not know where the power cord or dimmer light factories are, but for arguments sake, lets consider those "foreign parts". I am not sure where the aluminum for housing, nor copper for the wires, is mined.

Now, if your argument on the SSV is that we don't produce every single element of the product, (including mining the ore?) then we can't say its 100% made in the USA, well, I can't help you with that. I think if you look at the above process, its pretty obvious the vape is made here. If you are under the impression that we get the SSV from China, slap a knob on it, and call it Made in USA, nothing could be further from the truth.

DBV

Some of DBV's are partially assembled in China by our factory. We get them, disassemble them, inspect them, add the needed finishing parts, then test it here in Colorado. Glass is made here as well. However, there are some DBV's that are built in the exact same manner as the SSV, all here in Colorado Springs, however with the aforementioned F&D Parts.

LSV...Again, like DBV, are partially assembled in China by our factory. We make the glass here. We do the engraving here, all customization, finishing and testing.

Our Dime Bags that protect our investments, are produced in China. Our designs, and materials that we created, but yes, produced in China.

You are correct, the DBV site had it completely wrong. I have built three new sites in the last two months, and I missed this. I was not lying, not trying to fool anyone. I glossed over it. I have made the changes, and I do thank you personally for bringing it to my attention. The site is a new layout, and that error has existed for a maximum of four weeks.

We are humans, we(I) make mistakes. Its not false advertising if we state everything on our products, on the powercord, in the manual, and all but one website...which again, had a mistake on it. We are not lying on the SSV site. No way.

As always let me know if you need any further clarification on anything.

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
2Clickr, if you can provide for me, the lbs per square inch of force that an industrial CNC machine produces, and then calculate how much force an 2" diameter aluminum tube with 1/4 inch wall thickness can bear,(Bare without holes, and also full of holes, I need both figures please) then we can continue this discussion. But then of course, I will bring up a few hundred other things not being factored in, and we can debate this till the cows come home. I am not being obtuse, I just want all to understand...there are reasons for our decisions. Many.

We do use CNC machining on the other parts.

At the end of the day(our day, at least) we chose the method we chose for two reasons...quality and cost.
There simply was no alternative that we were willing to put our name on.

stinkmeaner

Now this is starting to get silly, you are now saying that you have the DBV assembled in CHINA and then ship it to you and disassemble & reassemble all over again :uhoh: That is like your Kia dealer saying they take apart the cars and reassemble them.
And as I have said before, testing & packaging does not give you the right to say partially assembled in the USA. Would a foreign car be partially assembled here because they threw some tires and decals at the dealer?

You say my link doesn't work? That's because you updated the site to change the information from made in USA to the partially assembled line that you have been using.

SSV Chris said:
Some of DBV's are partially assembled in China by our factory. We get them, disassemble them, inspect them, add the needed finishing parts, then test it here in Colorado. Glass is made here as well. Then there are some DBV's that are built in the exact same manner as the SSV, all here in Colorado Springs, however with the aforementioned F&D Parts.

If these most of these things are not done for the Da Buddha/DBV here in the USA, why bother even mentioning the USA.

stinkmeaner said:
Ask this:

1. Where was the Metal Pipe made?
2. Where was the Metal Cut?
3. Where was the Paint/Powder coat applied?
4. Where was the Dimmer made & installed?
5. Where was the LED made & installed?
6. Where was the Power Cord made & installed?
7. Where was the wiring installed?
8. Where is your glass produced? (Not Blown) I know those funky looking GonG joints are from Asia

Here are some screenshots, I wasn't quick enough to get the shot of the Da Buddha website before they changed it.

***This is how lies spread, unknowing buyers assume the Da Buddha is made in the USA, why would they think otherwise since it says so with every supplier.

stinkmeaner,

2clicker

Observer
SSV Chris said:
2Clickr, if you can provide for me, the lbs per square inch of force that an industrial CNC machine produces, and then calculate how much force an 2" diameter aluminum tube with 1/4 inch wall thickness can bear,(Bare without holes, and also full of holes, I need both figures please) then we can continue this discussion. But then of course, I will bring up a few hundred other things not being factored in, and we can debate this till the cows come home. I am not being obtuse, I just want all to understand...there are reasons for our decisions. Many.

We do use CNC machining on the other parts.

At the end of the day(our day, at least) we chose the method we chose for two reasons...quality and cost.
There simply was no alternative that we were willing to put our name on.

ill take your word for it Chris. and please trust me when i say i was not in any way out to attack you or 7th Floor. just dont like bein pushed around ya know?

one more question for you though... does 7th Floor really have the vinyl tubing your selling made especially just for you?

thanks. anxious to see the video and reviews of the LSV.

2clicker,

SmokingElectricity

this is kinda fucked up... i bought da buddha because i thought it was made in the usa.
disappointsmaller.png

SmokingElectricity,

stinkmeaner

I really hope someone sees these facts. I can't believe all of these people giving the guy thumbs ups and cheers, this brings up another point: "people like to kiss up to manufacturers"

The guy even said he did not know these mistakes existed, how? They were on the sites for years and every distributor site. He clearly has no conception of what "Made in USA" means.

stinkmeaner,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Stinky, I stand behind what our websites say. Yes, after what you pointed out on the Buddha site, I made changes, and made it more clear. I am not hiding that fact. You have done us a big favor.

However, I can't stand behind anything that some other website says. I could show you TONS of websites that have wrong information about our products. Why do you attack us for others mistakes? You write reactionary comments without first completely reading my comments. But again - thanks for pointing out the changes that I made, our customers are now getting the correct information.

Again, not sure if you read the posts fully, but I explained the SSV process. I explained the entire process to you, and yet you still state that we just slap a peice of glass on it and ship it. Your accusation is baseless and 100% wrong. Please read the post again if you did not understand it.

I guess perception is reality for some folks.

This has NOT 'gone on for years' Its labeled correctly on all our products, the manuals, the powercord...(wait, this is sounding to start familiar) It was a mistake on the DBV website, for the past four weeks.

2Clicker, That is what I was told, but I am confirming.

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Stinkmeaner-

In order to understand the needs of our customers better, can you help us a bit by telling us what part of the following process would need to change, in order for you to consider the SSV "Made in the USA"?

-The Aluminum housings and base plates are not produced in the USA We receive the cut metal raw.
-We then send it to our powdercoat(located in Colorado Springs)
-Its then returned, and we begin assembly. Again, parts are domestic and foreign. Powercord, heater element, dimmer switch, light all assembled here in the factory. I can provide photos for proof if you require.
-Glass is blown here in Colorado Springs, about two miles from the Vape warehouse. The raw glass is sourced from Europe, Asia, and the US.
-The truck that we transport the glass with is a Ford, US made, but from foreign and domestic parts I believe.
-The laser engraving is done here in our warehouse in Colorado Springs.
-Finishing, Testing, packaging, again, Colorado springs.
-Our new Wave Rider Series, where you can put any image or design on a SSV, is done here in Colorado.

Top Bottom