Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Truefreak

Part Time Vaporist
Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it. Happy Hanukkah...few days late but stil going...to my Jewish friends. What a lovely Sunday it is to the atheists out there.

Got a message from Chris over the weekend that my LSV was finished but not in time for Fridays mail so he would get it out to me on Tuesday. Then I got a tracking number so it looks like it made Fridays mail after all. Not quite in time for my birthday or Christmas but it should be here in time for a happy new year :)

Truefreak,

scooter

Dailo
I feel for u man. Had to order new hc's for my surfer twice. The first replacement got here, I broke it whole trying to put it on. I no waiting is the worst part :/. I see u have an mflb, and an lsv. I'm trying to choose between the 2, I'm looking for a smaller, more portable vaporizer to compliment my surfer. I know the mflb is better in portability, and price, but I like the design I'd the lsv better. I also read it delivers stronger hits than the Mflb, which is a huge plus for me. But the price tag ifs what ifs holding me back from buying it. I paid 260 for the surfer, and I don't c A price much better for the lsv. Is there
ifs there a huge difference in the quality of hits u get from the mflb and lsv? Do u think the lsv ifs worth The price difference?

scooter,

Truefreak

Part Time Vaporist
@scooter

If you are looking for something that hits like the SSV you will probably not be happy with the MFLB. You can get big hits from the MFLB but it does take more patience. That being said, the LSV is only slightly more portable than the SSV. The only real difference portability wise is you don't need a table to set it on...and the wand is easier to pack up and handle than the whip.

On strict portability basis, with the MFLB you are only carrying about as much stuff as a deck of playing cards...hard to beat that. With the LSV you have a small duffel bag a bit bigger than a football.

I like both units a lot though I need some new batteries and a better charger so I haven't used my MFLB much lately.

Regarding price, a few posts up there is a coupon code good for the next week or so...but that still puts you in the $260 range.

Hope that all helps in some way.

Truefreak,

scooter

Dailo
Thanks! Im leaning towards the lsv, but my better judgment is telling me not to. The mflb makes more sense for what I need in a secondary, portable vaporizer. I just like the design and like the fact that it hits like the ssv. If it could operate on a battery, id already would have bought it. But i don't know if theres a point to getting the lsv, if i already have the ssv.

Thanks again for your help. I might just screw it and go for the lsv,but I've also been checking out the arizer solo thread too.... such a tough choice

scooter,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
IMO, if you are looking for a portable that hits like an SSV, the Solo is a very good option.
I know the MFLB is very highly regarded around here, but I am not the biggest fan of it.
TBH I probably haven't given myself enough time to use it, but it is nothing like hitting an SSV from my experience.

Since you already have the SSV, You don't exactly need an LSV, as it is only a little bit more portable than the SSV. Having said that, since I got my LSV, I haven't touched the SSV as I love the Using the WPA with the LSV.

Frederick McGuire,

treecityrnd

Sell that SSV scooter ;)

When I got my LSV I was able to get rid of all my other 7th floor products. Keep all the accessories though. I still use my whip but love the WPA functionality. I especially like using my 14-18mm joint accessories for the perfect seal with the WP.

I have a Solo and its pretty good. Don't forget, its still battery powered. Don't expect it to get as hot as your SSV or an LSV. Think of it like a high powered Iolite with a slightly bigger load. Works well for its purpose. Don't be turned off by the Solo thread. It's a little tempremental and dramatic, but that because there's no voice of reason like the manufacturer or Vitos to calm things down.

I think the MFLB is still the best personal portable. SOLO is great for two or bigger sessions but weak temp-wise, and the LSV is your home plug-in all around monster hitter and water buddy. Hope that helps a little...

treecityrnd,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thanks for the vote of confidence, treecityrnd
Although I love my LSV... I could not live without my SSV.
I honestly have trouble giving up any of my vapes!
Last time I was going to cut my collection by a few... I sat staring at them for hours, and only got rid of one VG! :lol:

Vitolo,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Got an LSV for Christmas from my wife. I have to say im not loving it. I cant get good vapor unless I leave the temperature at around 75% - 100% full power. Is this possible? With the water adapter its pretty must the same way.

Please help.

mvapes,

Vitolo

Vaporist
When using the transfer wands... be sure you grind well... and suck enough herb into wand to afford some restriction of draw.
Then when using it... yes.. leave heat high (like 75%) unless you find your spot to be lower.....
and adjust your draw.
Draw fast and get a better flow...
with water tool, it is a learning curve also.. with water tool I use a higher heat setting than I do with transfer wand.

Vitolo,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
With the water adapter its pretty must the same way.

Did you get the short or tall WPA? Also, if you feel everything is getting a good seal, and there is simply not enough heat...as Vito said, adjust your draw ever so slightly...but there should by design still be a enough variation that you should be able to draw as you wish without it being at 100%. If you feel that this is not the case, contact Chris at customercare@7thfloor.biz (different Chris) and we will get you some quick resolution!

Vapetologist,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
SSV Chris said:
With the water adapter its pretty must the same way.

Did you get the short or tall WPA? Also, if you feel everything is getting a good seal, and there is simply not enough heat...as Vito said, adjust your draw ever so slightly...but there should by design still be a enough variation that you should be able to draw as you wish without it being at 100%. If you feel that this is not the case, contact Chris at customercare@7thfloor.biz (different Chris) and we will get you some quick resolution!

I believe it must be the tall. I really wasn't aware there was an option. When I fill it there is about an inch gap to the joint of the LSV heater cover. If I run the unit at about 80% I get good hits. I was just thrown off because my DBV only needs about 40% to get me vaked.

I do appreciate your guys helping out. And not to put you on the spot but I did email customer care and they never responded....but no worries. Still love 7th Flood stuff!

mvapes,

scooter

Dailo
treecityrnd said:
Sell that SSV scooter ;)

When I got my LSV I was able to get rid of all my other 7th floor products. Keep all the accessories though. I still use my whip but love the WPA functionality. I especially like using my 14-18mm joint accessories for the perfect seal with the WP.

I have a Solo and its pretty good. Don't forget, its still battery powered. Don't expect it to get as hot as your SSV or an LSV. Think of it like a high powered Iolite with a slightly bigger load. Works well for its purpose. Don't be turned off by the Solo thread. It's a little tempremental and dramatic, but that because there's no voice of reason like the manufacturer or Vitos to calm things down.

I think the MFLB is still the best personal portable. SOLO is great for two or bigger sessions but weak temp-wise, and the LSV is your home plug-in all around monster hitter and water buddy. Hope that helps a little...
thx tree city, haha i actually just got thru reading thru the later half of the solo thread. its dramatic haha, but also helpful. I was liking everything i was reading until i saw that some ppl have issues with a plasticky smell? And that it may b normal. Im not so sure bout the solo, not writing it off cuz alot of ppl seem happy with it, but Im still torn. I also like that its battery powered, Im looking for something I can bring back and forth with me, and not having to rely on an outlet. Just that smell/ taste question about the solo really bothers me.
I realize that the lsv is everything the ssv, and it probably doesnt really makes sense to own both... but the lsv looks pretty sweet, and I cant bear to part ways with my surfer. DEcisions, decisions....
So right now its safe to say Im choosing between the solo and the lsv. the mflb is out cuz I need to get the big hits:D

scooter,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Given that you've said battery powered/portability is a factor in your decision, IMO the Solo is a very nice option.
There are ways to minimize the smell a solo has (if it has any, Both of mine are completely smell free) by wiping down the unit with ISO, or baking the outer shell of the unit in an oven for a little bit (I have never tried these as my units were fine, but others have had success with it)
Arizer also seem to be quite good about swapping smelly solos for new ones, so I personally wouldn't worry too much about a smelly unit.

I also have no doubt you will be a very happy camper if you go with the LSV.
It can get quite hot to the touch after its been on for a few hours, but I have a little Tea-Towel that I use to pick it up, which has solved that problem for me.

IMO solo wins hands down for out-and-about portability, and LSV wins for going-over-to-a-mates-place portability.

Frederick McGuire,

Truefreak

Part Time Vaporist
My LSV arrived yesterday morning. Everything seems to be in working order again yay! I got a new transfer wand and heater cover for my trouble...which seems pretty fair to me. I also got the added bonus of not having a "Warranty Void if Removed" sticker anymore...which is a huge plus to me since I can't stand stickers...I just had to find some goo gone to remove the residue.

Truefreak,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Glad you got it.. I am doing a big hit "with you", using my long transfer wand right now!

Vitolo,

Truefreak

Part Time Vaporist
Thanks Vitolo...We'll have to call it a "tape delay"(maybe I should say "Tivoed" for the younger crowd) shared hit though...as I wont be able to take my first wand of the day for another couple hours yet. :(

Truefreak,

damagedGDZ

gylcerinHydroVape (GHV) just some LSV love
371247_100003166224091_370259446_n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JRN2clOSw0

damagedGDZ,

scooter

Dailo
Frederick McGuire said:
Given that you've said battery powered/portability is a factor in your decision, IMO the Solo is a very nice option...
IMO solo wins hands down for out-and-about portability, and LSV wins for going-over-to-a-mates-place portability.
ha, now i want both. But I thought about it and I think im gonna go with the lsv. But its not gonna b till this next paycheck! I think i always wanted the lsv, but i looked at other vapes to make sure that there wasn't any other one that I liked better. I did the math, and after the discounts and everything, I can get the lsv for 229.49 and the solo for 194 (both from vapeworld) Its a 35 dollar difference, but I already have a bunch of accessories from the ssv, and I like that u can order custom knobs and wands for the lsv. Adds a little customization factor to it and it makes it feel like i can make it my own. i know I have weird preferences.

Thanks again to all who offered input. It helped alot. At least I know the lsv is still portable enough, has a sweet design, and everyone seems to agree it hits like a champ. The solo sounds like a really good unit, (Mayb a purchase in the future) and i was really close to choosing it. Plus It might have been weird if i posted in the LSV thread saying "Hey guys thx for the help, but Im getting a solo!" haha just a thought.
Ill try and remember to post a review when I get it!

scooter,

scooter

Dailo
damagedGDZ, that is a sweet setup u have there. I've never seen a bubbler that lets u put the VT in the mouth piece. So do all of the SYN's models have that or is it just a particular bubbler? Makes me glad I chose the lsv :D

scooter,

Vitolo

Vaporist
An opinion:
The Solo is NO match at all for the LSV!
Please go look at the Solo thread, and read it all... you will find it's biggest fans, finding "workarounds" and complaining.
4 of the largest Solo advocates have sold their units in classified right here on FC for 100 and 150.
2 others that were not the biggest fans sold theirs also right here.
I was given a Solo for 100 by a friend that did not like it.
I found it to be an inconvenient unit to carry around, setup, and to use.
While I was able to learn how to "manipulate" the unit to give good thick hits.. it was always a "manipulation" involved.
That combined with Battery cost was a discouragement.
I returned the Solo in 72 hours, and stopped following the thread.

Vitolo,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
dam just noticed these are going for $300 now, was planning on getting a portable vape but always wanted one of these and the price is just about right now.

also what is better the long wpa or the short wpa?? dam or maybe i should just get both

ilovebOObs,

scooter

Dailo
ilovebOObs said:
dam just noticed these are going for $300 now, was planning on getting a portable vape but always wanted one of these and the price is just about right now.

also what is better the long wpa or the short wpa?? dam or maybe i should just get both
If u want to get it from the lsv site, "fc15" (15% discount on order) can b used till jan 2nd I believe. Knocks it down nicely. I also saw it on vapeworld for 269. They also have a 15% discount i believe. I think I might go with vapeworld. lifesabervaporizer.com will throw in a custom knob for 10 bucks, which might b better than ordering a separate knob for 25 bucks.

scooter,

scooter

Dailo
Vitolo said:
An opinion:
The Solo is NO match at all for the LSV!
Please go look at the Solo thread, and read it all... you will find it's biggest fans, finding "workarounds" and complaining.
4 of the largest Solo advocates have sold their units in classified right here on FC for 100 and 150.
2 others that were not the biggest fans sold theirs also right here.
I was given a Solo for 100 by a friend that did not like it.
I found it to be an inconvenient unit to carry around, setup, and to use.
While I was able to learn how to "manipulate" the unit to give good thick hits.. it was always a "manipulation" involved.
That combined with Battery cost was a discouragement.
I returned the Solo in 72 hours, and stopped following the thread.
damn, now Im REALLY GLAD i chose the lsv haha. But I saw some good testimonies for the solo, I just didn't think I would like it cuz I was told the solo doesnt have as much power as the lsv. And as an ssv owner, ive gotten used to only the best:brow:

scooter,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
wow thanks for the heads up scooter, that 15% off is nice. thanks man

btw i have a solo. its a pretty awesome portable vape man but i would never compare it to a plug in. but as a portable the solo rocks!!! its pretty effortless to produce clouds on it imo. but the LSV looks like a winner in the plug in vapes.

ilovebOObs,
Top Bottom