Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have both.. 14mm and 18mm
I have them each in long and short.
"To everything... there is a season." ;)

Vitolo,

Truefreak

Part Time Vaporist
So after playing with my LSV some more (still haven't gotten a response from 7th Floor on my broken switch)...it seems the gong joint for the transfer wand is really prone to sticking. I was thinking of rubbing some beeswax or veg oil on it but wanted to get a 2nd opinion first. Anybody do the same or have a better suggestion?

Truefreak,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Never use synthetics, lubricants or wax on your GonG joints.
The GonG joints are made specifically to stick!
you hold any GonG joint firmly and twist to take apart.
Any trouble, just warm the female part, or cool the male part, twist and separate.

Vitolo,

Truefreak

Part Time Vaporist
Vitolo said:
Any trouble, just warm the female part, or cool the male part, twist and separate.

I have to argue with that at least a bit...makes life more fun. :D

I would never use synthetics regardless...I would only use beeswax (I have several pounds on hand) or a natural oil.
GonG joints aren't really meant to stick...they are meant to be airtight...a slight but important difference.
It's hard to hold a hot heater cover firmly...just sayin.
Although the warm/cool method does certainly work (most of the time)...it tends to take longer than I'd like and interrupts the session.

I have seen other threads at this and other sites mention waxing/lubing the GonG joints...but they all seem to be talking about in areas that don't get nearly as hot as the heater cover. That's why I wanted to see if anyone had specifically done something like that with the LSV (or I suppose the DBV or SSV with the GonG wand).

Thus completes my :2c:.

Edit: forgot to post the link I wanted to post... GonG article at wikipedia.

Truefreak,

pngwyn

I have had really good success and no stickage with the twist method that Vitolo mentioned.

I actually have the opposite problem where sometimes where I absentmindedly expect the wand to stay in, and it doesn't xD

pngwyn,

Nycdeisel

Vitolo said:

I couldnt agree more. Clean, and DRY, GonG joints should make the best seal. i always thought of that joint wax stuff as like a gimmick

Once you get used to the seal the GonG provides, you should be able to tell how much it will stick depending on how much you twist and push it in. Once i learned this i stopped using keck clips on my bongs.

excited for my LSV to arrive, as you all know the wait is terrible! :lol:

Nycdeisel,

Truefreak

Part Time Vaporist
Nycdeisel said:
Once you get used to the seal the GonG provides, you should be able to tell how much it will stick depending on how much you twist and push it in. Once i learned this i stopped using keck clips on my bongs.

The problem I seem to be having is even when just barely inserting the wand...it wants to stick...hard. I don't know if this is from the difference in temps between the heater cover and wand...maybe the wand is expanding enough during the short time they are in contact to form a tighter seal? This was especially pronounced the one time I used my saturn vapor tamer...I placed it gently in the socket...with no twisting or pressing or anything like that...for at most 30 seconds and then I was completely unable to remove it. I tried twisting and pulling, rocking, and gentle tapping. In the end I had to let both units come to room temperature before I was able to get them apart. I have since been too uneasy to try it again.

I don't like keeping the wand attached for any length of time. I generally insert, puff puff, remove. In the course of one wand load it gets stuck 2 or 3 times.

I only use keck clips when other patients are involved. Too many people can't seem to figure out how to pull the slide without the down-stem going for a ride. :/

Truefreak,

Tritono

Nycdeisel said:
excited for my LSV to arrive, as you all know the wait is terrible! :lol:

I understand your feeling :ninja:. I purchase the LSV as my first vape after some years of smoking with papers. Im very anxious! I want to take care of my body but enjoy the experience in a safe and more evolved way, savoring the taste and aroma of my flowers. I cant wait.

Regarding the WPA I choosed one of each because trying is the only way to know what works for me. Thanks for the information. When I get the vape I'll share mi impressions!

Tritono,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am ready, Deez@!
My LSV is out with a couple of nice piles of herb. I await the arrival of your LSV to celebrate with you.
I won't do an LSV hit until yours arrives! :D

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

Wowee! really Vito?! i know how much you love it so i am honored that youd say that :D

But if you must dont be afraid to get a head start ;) im sure ill catch UP! :buzz:

Best know that youll be the first person to hear about it once it arrives.

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Friday Morning, and my LSV wand (long) is at "ready" and loaded.
I patiently wait for a package to arrive at Deez's door!

Vitolo,

Tritono

Im curious about what impressions will have Nycdeisel. My order are not shipped yet (I placed it on Sunday), I hope it will ship today or tomorrow..

Tritono,

Nycdeisel

Its here! its heating up for the first time and i smell the oils or dust burning in it.

I have a question: the heater cover is fairly loose, as if it could just slip off, what about this?

I will be doing some testing shortly... :)

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Turn unit off and push the hc down snugly. you may need to manipulate the "shim" by reshaping it ever so slightly.
If you want help, I can skype you through that.
Mine's heating now!

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

Thanks! I seem to have made it slightly more snug, and of course heating it up will tighten it even a bit more. Mine is heating up again now!

The short wand was kind of harsh for me, but the 14mm short WPA is working great! :)

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
That "short wand" harshness will go away as you get used to that ultra free flowing draw.. and adjust your breathing!
Monster hits - coming up!

Vitolo,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Short wand is where it's at. Need to get some glass asap though, dying to experience vapor through a bong.

tranceporter,

Nycdeisel

DSC04722.jpg

DSC04719.jpg

DSC04720.jpg

:D

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom