Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

pngwyn

Here is review from my experience with the LSV.. I have had it about a month or so now I think

So far this is the BEST vape (for me) that I have used so far, though I have only used MFLB, Purple Days, V Tower, Volcano and Iolite. I found a great deal at my local head shop and it included bag, LSV, and long transfer wand.

I also picked up the small transfer wand, short water pipe adapter, and mouthpiece for extra from off the website.

Operation -
The LSV is incredibly easy to learn how to use and the draw technique is quite simple. You simply turn the knob up, wait a couple minutes for heat, adjust temperature and enjoy. My friends have all learned to use the LSV on their first try without any issues at all. The LSV does get hot enough to charr bud, but is SUPER easy to keep completely uncharred with the correct temps after a couple sessions with the LSV.

The LSV is incredibly versatile in how much you want to vape and how you want to vape. You can start a bowl at high heat for really dense clouds, or keep the temperature moderate and enjoy your bowl at your own speed.

You can use the LSV through any 14 or 18mm waterpipe with the adapter, or direct draw through a glass wand, it makes every LSV experience a unique one for me :)

Build Quality -
The LSV is similar to a hakko lighter or herb iron, except it has a built-in glass encasement piece that helps transfer heat from the chamber into the heating wand, as well as a sturdy fire/burn preventative casing.. it also has precise temperature adjustment settings and an on-off setting on the knob. You can even choose to use the LSV for combustion as well, so it doubles as a vaporizer and ceramic lighter.

As soon as I opened the bag, I loved this thing.. the texture, color, and feel of the outside casing feels very sturdy and built well and is aesthetically pleasing as well. The weight is perfect to hold, and the whole unit is very solid overall, my ONE complaint is that the wire does not have a coil around it to protect it from wear over time, but besides that, a very good build. There are no exposed areas that would burn you or anything else.. unless you stick your finger down the hole and touch the ceramic piece...

As for heat retention I definitely would not leave it sitting on high heat for a LONG period of time, but I also wouldn't worry about any fire hazards for leaving it alone for a short time. During a regular 10-20 minute session I will hardly notice a temperature change in the LSV handle.

Efficiency -
I have a really hard time writing about this, since "efficiency" is so vague nowadays. I just know I was able to use roughly ~.1g and still get a noticeable cloud. I usually end up filling a single wand or WPA and I am good off that one bowl. One of the great things about the LSV is being able to use as little or as much bud as I want to in a single session and still producing CONSISTENT results.

Another great discovery I found is that when your wand/WPA gets a bit dirty or even clogged, you can turn up your LSV to full heat and draw directly with an empty bowl and pretty much vape a lot of the resin/leftover goodies that the LSV can heat enough.. I've gotten a good ~5 potent clouds from an empty bowl before O_O

The LSV is also the best ABV roaster I have used too, for when my stash is super low, I can turn up the heat on my LSV and really milk my scraps better than any other vape I've used, if I so desired.

Accessories -
Short Transfer Wand: Dunno why they don't give people the short one, and then give the option for the long one. I much prefer the short one.

Water Pipe Adapter: I went with the short one, and I think it is plenty and would worry about the longer WPA not being able to roast very evenly. The screen does seem to clog quite a bit for me, but I just turn up the heat and vape away the clog, or just blow it out the other end. Great accessory.

Saturn Vapor Tamer: I'm not super impressed with this accessory, but it's still a fun one to have. It looks really cool, and freezes and stays cold pretty well. However like a lot of people have told me it would be, the coil seems to be a bit draggy. I would say in comparison to the transfer wands I am only getting around 2/3 of the airflow. Though it does work in cooling bong hits effectively, it ends up being more of a drag trying to connect the two. As a wand, the drag is nearly unnoticeable though, but it's just not as versatile as I'd hoped. I am still eager to see if it will work with the VX Cloud :p In terms of vapor "taming" its super-effective, though! Stays cold for a good 20-25 min in my experience.. but I mostly attach it to my tube when I use it.. it lasts more like 10-15 minutes when used as a wand since its touching the heated glass.

LSV Bag: Came with my LSV. My cats sleep in it. :D

Value -
I picked this up for a great price at my LHS, and I think it was 150% worth it. However, I would personally not pick it up at full retail since you can probably find it cheaper with supported warranty elsewhere. If you're interested in having me help you find a good deal just let me know and I'll see if I can't help. Everyone should at least have the pleasure of trying this awesome vaporizer :)

Overall AKA "TLDR" -
This is an awesome vaporizer! One of the best things about the LSV is the control you have over your sessions.. with full control over the temperature you can have a unique session every time depending on how you're feeling.

You can use a wand, or water pipe, or vapor tamer, and enjoy wielding a light saber like vaporizer :) The vaporizer is incredibly sturdy, built a lot better than a hakko or herb iron and is simply a pleasure to use as my daily runner.

Heres a vid of my LSV in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WoJ0UlaNt8
.. these are high heat clouds if you couldn't notice :)

pngwyn,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Thanks for the 30% off coupon mob, I've been wanting an LSV, but couldn't justify the cost...

That was enough for me to pull the trigger.

Now I have to play the international postage waiting game :(

Frederick McGuire,

Truefreak

Part Time Vaporist
Tritono said:
However, I dont know what WPA choose. I dont have any glass piece or bong. I asked in this thread the same some time ago but I dont know. I can choose the 14 or 18 mm in long or short version. What size I need to choose? in the near future I will buy a small bong. Thanks for the information

If you don't have any glass to mate it with yet, I would suggest the 14mm...especially if you are planning to buy a "small" piece. If you get the 14mm and then end up getting a piece that takes 18mm...a simple cheap adapter can be added to make it work...like this one: 14-18 Adapter.

Truefreak,

Truefreak

Part Time Vaporist
So...not intended to bad mouth the company or it's products...just intended to provide honest info...I am posting the following email I just sent to 7th Floor support.

Just to make this perfectly clear, I am not (yet) trying to say that this was a bad purchase. The ease and speed that they handled my last request was quite good.

Chris,

I'm sorry to say that I have yet another issue with my LSV. I received my replacement heater cover and transfer wand yesterday afternoon. I carefully replaced my heater cover making sure to select the proper metal sleeve. I proceeded to use my LSV twice yesterday evening. After the second session I tried to turn the LSV off and found that the switch part of the temp knob no longer works. The knob doesn't click anymore when turning it all the way counter-clockwise. I put it away and checked again this morning and it still is not working correctly.

Also, the quality of the replacement transfer wand is sub-par at best. There is a nice scratch that goes down about a third of the total length and a really obvious seam line where the GonG end was attached. Since it appears functionally sound I am not asking for a replacement on that...I just wanted to make you aware.

I am really quite alarmed at the apparent lack of quality control over there. I want to be able to recommend your products to my friends, family, and patients but at this point I can't. As it stands, for the 18 days I have owned the unit, it has only been in full working order for 10. My $100 box vape was infinitely more reliable.

What are my options for getting this resolved?

Truefreak,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Now that you contacted them, I would be patient. There is likely nobody around until after the holiday.
Once things all over businesses in the USA have settled, they will work with you I am certain.
I am sorry you have issues with your LSV... mine has been solid as a rock.
I do only store it laying down in the bag at all times even when in use.. but other than that I have never had to be extra cautious with how I use it, or move it.
I hope you get this fixed very fast pal, so you are "back on the air"!

Vitolo,

Truefreak

Part Time Vaporist
Yah...I'm not expecting a response until at least Monday...I just wanted to send them a note right away in case there is ever a dispute about how long I've had it vs repair costs etc.

I'm just really bummed that I have had so many issues with it. I think I have a cursed unit! I really enjoy it when it's working. I have even begun working with a friend of mine on building a custom stand for it. Luckily it is still "working" at the moment...I just can't turn it fully off anymore (at least the switch didn't break in the off position...that would be way worse)...I'll just have to be sure to unplug it after each session.

Truefreak,

pngwyn

Truefreak said:
Tritono said:
However, I dont know what WPA choose. I dont have any glass piece or bong. I asked in this thread the same some time ago but I dont know. I can choose the 14 or 18 mm in long or short version. What size I need to choose? in the near future I will buy a small bong. Thanks for the information

If you don't have any glass to mate it with yet, I would suggest the 14mm...especially if you are planning to buy a "small" piece. If you get the 14mm and then end up getting a piece that takes 18mm...a simple cheap adapter can be added to make it work...like this one: 14-18 Adapter.

I don't know if I agree completely.. is there even a reason to purchase a WPA if you don't have a glass piece or bong?

I would say wait on 14mm and 18mm, you wouldn't want one small adapter affecting the decision to what kind of glass you may buy down the line.. unless you don't care that much about it. If you intend on only ever getting a small bong, I'd still recommend 18mm over 14mm.. and an 18mm bong for better airflow.

If I could go back and buy an 18mm piece, I'd go with an 18mm short, personally. My 14mm gets clogged from time to time, and I feel like 18mm would be less often of an issue with better air flow as well...

Also I think you can get an adapter for either 14->18 or 18->14 so there shouldn't be too much of an issue if you don't mind adapters. Also imo the short WPA holds enough bud for any single session with me and 1-3 people. If you intend on doing sessions with more people you might want a longer one, but I really don't see it necessary for solo use at all.

pngwyn,

Truefreak

Part Time Vaporist
pngwyn said:
I don't know if I agree completely.. is there even a reason to purchase a WPA if you don't have a glass piece or bong?

Since he's buying directly from 7th Floor, he gets a free WPA but he has to decide at time of order.

Truefreak,

pngwyn

Oh I see.. then still what I said. I went with 14mm reluctantly because that's the only way to use it with a PD vape without an adapter D=

pngwyn,

Nycdeisel

mob said:
A little heads up for all you Black Friday shoppers. Use code THANKS30 for 30% off on the LSV website!

Thanks mob! :wave: I just ordered mine! i am excited :D

Nycdeisel,

mob

mmj over bs
You're very welcome, TBH I am pretty shocked I was the only one considerate enough to share this code with the forum. Most other forums I frequent would of had a highly sought after promo like that posted before I had even realized it was in my email inbox lol.

Thats not a diss to FC, rather its an open invite to other forum members to contribute more.

mob,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Many times, we take too much for granted. I just figured all vaporists got the 7th floor newsletters!
Thanks very much for posting the "deal"!! :)

Vitolo,

mob

mmj over bs
I could tell that email failed to reach the majority of the FC population, simply by the lack of activity in this thread.

mob,

Tritono

Hey Mob, thank you for the information. If you have not posted the code I could not have purchased the LSV. I come to this vape after an extensive research. My situation was that no dealer has the 220v LSV in stock. With luck I would be able to get the LSV for January or February if you had not posted the code because resellers have needed to make an special order from the 7th Floor factory. I have bought two LSV's (one for my sister and one for me) in separate purchases (to avoid the possibility of pay taxes in my country), if I have luck I will receive the LSV in aprox 2 - 3 weeks. It will be my first vape. I really needed one! so Thank you Mob :D and I take this ocation to give a Thank you too to all people that helped me with my questions and to this forum in general, I appreciate the great information exposed :)

Regarding the WPA, I consider that the short version is better for me because I understand that the size is about how much cannabis you want to pack. I want to be efficient and I dont need to pack a huge bowl so I think the short one is the right for me.

But I need to ask this: 14 or 19 mm for the WPA? I have ordered a 14 for one and a 19 for the other. First I ordered the 14 mm for the first LSV based in a previous post. But then I have read the new post of pngwyn so I choosed the 19 mm for the second LSV. However, Im thinking in get two 19 mm (I will need to write a mail to 7th Floor to change that detail of my orders) based in the last information. I dont know if the WPA size can make a difference in this, but the most important thing for me is to not irritate my vocal cords, throat and lungs. The open poll is: do you recommend the 14 mm or 19 mm WPA? I know that adapters exists but I preffer to take an intelligent decision to avoid to spent money in the future regarding the WPA.

:peace:

Tritono,

mob

mmj over bs
Thats awesome, thank you for showing your appreciation. I hope you and your sis both love em.

btw I prefer 14mm but it sounds like the 18 would fit your personal needs better.

mob,

Tritono

mob said:
Thats awesome, thank you for showing your appreciation. I hope you and your sis both love em.

btw I prefer 14mm but it sounds like the 18 would fit your personal needs better.

Why you preffer the 14mm over the 18mm? why the 18 would be better for me? I dont have experience regarding water pipes, can you elaborate? what I need to know if there is a difference between the 14mm and the 18mm like the Standard wand in the SSV vs the GG wand. The difference between 14mm vs 18mm have something to do with the performance, efficiency, smoothness? :ninja:

Tritono,

pngwyn

It affects the air flow, so basically how fast you can inhale the vapor. You will have less drag from a 18mm than a 14mm, that is the essential difference. With an 18mm bowl you may be able to roast larger doses more quickly, but I imagine the efficiency is the same as long as you take similar hits (with 18mm you can probably take much bigger/faster less efficient rips IF you wanted).

Also.. I imagine the hole for the 18mm WPA is a little wider, so I think heat may transfer more evenly throughout with less of a noticeable hotspot than the 14mm (just a guess though..)

Sorry I can't chime in on SSV and GG wand

pngwyn,

Tritono

pngwyn said:
It affects the air flow, so basically how fast you can inhale the vapor. You will have less drag from a 18mm than a 14mm, that is the essential difference. With an 18mm bowl you may be able to roast larger doses more quickly, but I imagine the efficiency is the same as long as you take similar hits (with 18mm you can probably take much bigger/faster less efficient rips IF you wanted).

Also.. I imagine the hole for the 18mm WPA is a little wider, so I think heat may transfer more evenly throughout with less of a noticeable hotspot than the 14mm (just a guess though..)

Sorry I can't chime in on SSV and GG wand

Thanks for the information. What do you think about this statement? "Ok well if your lungs are an issue 14mm because 18mm will cause it to be a quicker harder rip rather than a more "gentle" slower hit"

Im looking for smooth gently hits, do you think that the 14mm is better in that regard?

Tritono,

Vitolo

Vaporist
DrPiff said:
Anyone know of any cheaper alternatives to replacement screens for the transfer?
The screen is a standard SS screen.
you can get them at headshops or any online distributer

Vitolo,

Tritono

Nycdeisel said:
It really really depends on what water pipe you are using.

Hey Nycdeisel, the problem is that Im not using any pipe. However, in the future I will buy one for waterfilter the vapor. But I never had a water pipe neither, so I dont know what size choose. My order is placed, I need to choose quickly because I will need to email 7th Floor if I change my mind about the size. I choosed one of each because I dont knew what size choose:ninja:

Tritono,

Ash057

I would go with 18! (all my glass is 18)

Tritono said:
Nycdeisel said:
It really really depends on what water pipe you are using.

Hey Nycdeisel, the problem is that Im not using any pipe. However, in the future I will buy one for waterfilter the vapor. But I never had a water pipe neither, so I dont know what size choose. My order is placed, I need to choose quickly because I will need to email 7th Floor if I change my mind about the size. I choosed one of each because I dont knew what size choose:ninja:

Ash057,

pngwyn

Another reason to get the 18mm if you don't have glass yet, is because if you ever decide to get a Vapor Tamer you can use it as a precooler without any adapter. I have to use an adapter on my 14mm if I want to use my vapor tamer with water filtration, and it makes me very nervous to use it that way sometimes since the tamer is a bit large to begin with (but it works great :brow:).

I actually have recently started using my short wand in conjunction with my waterpipes instead of the WPA..though it's a bit clunkier to use, I've found the air flow is SO much easier to inhale than when I'm using my 14mm WPA. The design of the wand is just amazing for air flow.. it makes me wonder why they didn't design the WPA as a really short wand instead of the way it is. The wands have connected air tight in every 14mm and 18mm glass joint that I own.

In regards to a gentle hit, if you're talking a small mini tube, I am pretty sure you will achieve the virtually the same hits from a 18mm as a 14mm and vice versa. I think the difference is functionality in this case, which in my book the 18mm wins. A lot of it is based on how you inhale and not primarily the joint size, anyways.

pngwyn,
Top Bottom