Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

ShadowLink12

Activist
I don't want to add more flames to the fire, but I want to step up to defend this vape.

Maybe I am just a lucky one as far as how mine was constructed or the quality of my parts, but this has been my primary vape for a few months now, mainly using the water pipe adapter. Yes, there are problems that people have discussed, and yes, my angled water pipe adapter I ordered for my stemless bubbler has the screen problem and I have been a victim of dumping herb, but I still support the concept. (I ended up taking a thicker EQ screen cutting it down to size slightly and working it until it stays in place) The water pipe adapter certainly has a learning curve, but after a few times, even my inexperienced friends can pretty much figure it out, they just don't quite rip as big of vape clouds as I can with it. You have to really nail the speed in which you hit it to really milk it, this is a negative, which will be much more apparent once the VXC hits the market which you can rip as hard and fast as you want. For me, the water pipe adapter does take some time and effort, but when you get those tasty rips free of tubing it is more than worth it. I do agree, that it would make sense to shorten it and make the screen situation 100% reliable, but I want to address those with efficiency concerns. As I have previously mentioned in another post, when I load a PD stem worth into the water pipe adapter it pretty much just covers the screen, and I find that I get the richest most consistent vapor with this amount, and it ends up the most evenly cooked. (A full description of this experience can be found on pg 18)

Will I still be using the LSV with water pipes once I have a VXC? Probably not, but I will still keep it around for quick easy rich dry vapor hits from the wand. But in the meantime I will still be ripping my LSV, and for a quick reminder of what this thing can do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQTvqDIVVzs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_ZrFDek8D0

ShadowLink12,

davidwu

@SSVChris: Thanks for standing up behind your product. I have sent you an e-mail with my home address and a second with the picture of the HC. I will let everyone know how this new adapter works... hopefully, by what was said, the SSV style retention might be this "additional model available that has exactly what I seek?" This would be a huge fix and make the product usable as advertised.

davidwu,

Nycdeisel

I hope this is fixed soon! Because if it has a similar reputation to the dbv/ssv in terms of reliability I would have bought one long ago!

Nycdeisel,

ShadowLink12

Activist
For those of you having trouble with the screen in your wpa adapter staying place, I have a quick solution that finally fixed my angled wpa I was having trouble with.

I took a EQ dome screen, and cut off the screen part just leaving the little silver ring. I then took pliers to work it to the right size (it was slightly too large), and then I worked it down until it sat flush on the screen. (Kind of difficult, since you want it to fit tight, I used 2 skinny items to push on each side so it went down even) The tension of the little ring makes sure the screen doesn't go anywhere.

Granted this only help you if you have one of these EQ screens around...

ShadowLink12,
APparently my post was unceremoniously deleted for no reason.

I wanted to say that 7th floor is not covering my broken HC. Also there was debate about how 7th floor has been less than stellar in their presentation of this vape originally and that is true. No usage video for months, etc..

Edit: Sorry admins, I could of swore I had. Anyway, I want to say that Chris from 7th floor has touched bases with me and has been a pleasure to deal with.

Modnote: Try posting it again, there's no record of it. In the future if you have an issue please contact staff directly.

charliedontsurf,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Glad to hear Chris has touched base, but does that mean you're getting a new HC? Just curious to know how they will resolve problems for you. All it took for me was a "replacement" HC to alleviate any issues I was having. I love my LSV and just ordered 2 new shorty transfer wands, since the 1st one I bought decided to commit suicide on my garage floor. I am using the original transfer wand till they arrive(one for backup) and although it works fine, I think it's just too big. I wish they would make one halfway between original and shorty, jsut not cost $175 like 7th floor custom wands do. Original -$19.99, shorty wand- $12.99, and custom pretty colored wand -$175...ouch that is too expensive, and I like to find ways to spend my vape dollars. How about some lightly colored ones, shorter than original, but longer than shorty wand, for like $40-$50 would be reasonable. How about it Chris? Also how about any custom knobs for the LSV? I would love a blue LED inside so it would illuminate knida like the Extreme-Q.

Silver420Surfer,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
We have responded to the needs of a few of our customers, and have created an additional model of HC and WPA for the LSV. We at thank you all for your input and your continued support!

fclsv1.jpg

fclsv2.jpg

fclsv3.jpg

fclsv4.jpg

Vapetologist,

davidwu

It's hard to tell in the pics... but I think we are looking at a WPA with ice pinches to keep the screen there (nice idea! and I am betting a way to reuse the old stock), a new hc with a bigger intake hole, and a 'shorty' WPA.

COOL!!!

Can't wait to try it and give you guys a review.

Thanks for listening 7th Floor.

As an aside... I decided to order the shorty wand to see if it would be easier to use than the regular wand that comes with the vape (This was before Chris stepped up with the offer to replace my WPA with the newer design. My thought was maybe use it with a regular slide instead of the WPA and see what kind of fit I could achieve.). Unfortunately, the new wand has the same issue with the screen that the WPA has. Odd thing here is that the wand that came with the vape, holds the screen just fine. I don't know much how the quality control goes into glass blowing, but there might be small (or big?) variances from piece to piece to create an issue. So... seeing the new wand has an issue with the flipping screen and my WPA exhibits the same issue, maybe the wands need a similar design change? I don't know guys... but even having a small percentage of your users out there with a possible small enough variance to cause the flip, it would seem to me, enough of a reason to push the design change across the board on the wands, water pipe adapters, and the heater covers (although, the hc is the least worrisome since there will never be a stir at that location). Just my two cents of a suggestion. :)

davidwu,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Hopefully you slipped one of the new heat covers in with my two shorty transfer wands I ordered Monday. Nice looking job on the redesigns! Willing to grovel to get a set to try out!!!

Silver420Surfer,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Looks like they took my suggestion for using something similiar to an ice pinch to increase airflow in the bowls. But, I think the bowl should also have a 18mm female GONG joint. You could then use a 18mm male to 18mm male adaptor to hook the lsv up to your water tool without taking off the metal cover. Why hasn't this been done?

IAmKrazy2,
Having a male-to-male piece inserted into the end of the HC might be awkward, I guess it could be keck clipped in place though. Some people are also in love with the Spherical heater cover concept, and loathe the change to GonG, some might even see it as the reason to get the LSV over, say, the MW. Also a GonG connection would probably tempt people to just let the LSV sit on vertically oriented pieces like we do with the MW, but the LSV does weigh quite a bit and is made from aluminum - it could be a big mess and maybe 7th floor doesn't want to deal with it.

Great news on all upgraded components!

charliedontsurf,

Nycdeisel

NICE! glad to see that you came out with a new HC and WPA! what about the wand? still working on it? thats ok :D

Nycdeisel,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Just noticed this on 7th Floor website

Heater Cover Replacement Instructions:

1. Unplug your unit and allow it to completely cool down.

2. Twist off the cap at the end of the LSV and then twist off the connecting tube.

3. To remove heater cover (if applicable), simply pull straight up from the post the heater cover sits on. It should slide off. A gentle twisting back and forth may be required. If heater cover is broken, use thick leather gloves when handling glass as a precaution.

4. When removing the heater cover, a metal spacer or shim may come out with it. The heater cover is held in place with these spacers and shims because of the expansion and contraction of the glass and metal as it is heated.

5. When you go to replace the heater cover, check to see if there is already a metal spacer on the base. If your new heater cover has a metal spacer in it, remove it and place on the metal base (if there is not already a spacer on the base.) Most units only require one metal spacer and sometimes additional small metal shims to secure the fit.

6a. When you are ready to replace the heater cover, set it onto the mounting post, and push down with a slight twisting motion. You should not have to force the glass into place. If you feel that force is required, then you should start removing any shims that may be present, starting with the smallest, until the fit is secure. It may be necessary to remove the metal spacer if you still encounter resistance after removing all shims.

6b. If you find that the heater cover is too loose, then you may need to add metal shims to secure the fit. We have found it works best to use pliers to insert the metal shims between the base and metal spacer. (Be careful because the edges of the shims can be sharp.) You may need to try different size shims or more than one until you find the right fit.

7. The heater cover should rest on the screws at the bottom of the mount. You may need to adjust the height.

8. Once you have replaced the heater cover, turn your vaporizer back on and you are ready to go!

Silver420Surfer,

nowonknows

I've just ordered one of these last week, will let you all know what I think of it when it shows.
Have been vaping for the past decade, starting off with a homemade job (before I even knew what a vaporizer was) consisting of a 250ml conical flask and mini blow torch, then 2 years ago purchased an Iolite followed a few months later by an Extreme Q. The best thing with the home made job compaired to the 2 store bought items was that I could heat the flask, drop the herb in and seal the top waiting for extraction to stop prior to inhaling, the result is you can get all the available vapour in one breath rather then having to suck on a bag/hose/mouthpiece for 20 minutes, downside was these was no way to control temps accurately.
I'm hoping I will be able to get closer to these results with the LSV, I plan on using it with a water pipe and hope it can be used as (or at least close to) a single hitter, will let you all know in the short term.

nowonknows,

treecityrnd

Chris,
If I order this today directly from 7th Floor am I going to get the new WPA and HC? Been waiting for a change to the GonG connections for a while. So glad you came through with what looks like a perfect solution.

treecityrnd,

Troi

SSV Chris,

I would like to order all 3 of the new items, the bowls and the heater wand. I am not finding this on the site; are these available for order or soon to be?

Troi,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
We just posted the new glass on the site, and all orders shipped in the last 10 days contained the new glass.

Vapetologist,

treecityrnd

SSV Chris said:
We just posted the new glass on the site, and all orders shipped in the last 10 days contained the new glass.

Thank you for responding to the requests of us demanding FCers. As someone who owns other 7th Floor products (SSV), it only reassured that I will continue to purchase from you in the future. Keep up the great work!

I will review my LSV ASAP.

Aren't acronyms cool?

treecityrnd,

ManFlies352

I'm happy to see this happen. 7th floor has been getting a bad of a wrap in this thread but i've had nothing but great experiences dealing with their customer service team and knew they'd come up with something to improve this model. Great job guys, and i'm only a week or two out now until my SSV so i'm excited to finally experience your products.

ManFlies352,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
If anyone is headed to Wakarusa next week; we will have a booth there, are raffling a lot of vapes, and its a great opportunity to connect with us!

Vapetologist,

nowonknows

Well mine showed last night, I ordered the LSV with the 14mm and 19mm water pipe tools, ordered both as I need the 14mm for my current water pipe but got the 19 as well as I pan on getting a new one soon so I am covered either way. Unfortunetly the 14mm tool was not sent with my order which is a real bummber as I mainly ordered it for use with my waterpipe and not with the wand, but people make misstakes, I've sent them an email and am sure I'll hear back from them soon.
Anyway we tested it out last night with the wand, vape from it taste a shitload better then any other store bought vaporizer I have used, gives much better hits then any store bought unit I have used and also once it has gotten to temp, plug the wand in and you get a decent hit on the first toke which is a nice change to having to draw 3-6 times before getting anything.
This really seems to be a great product, hanging out big time to use it with my waterpipe.

nowonknows,

ShadowLink12

Activist
Just ordered the new HC and short WPA adapter, will post my findings as soon as they arrive. Will try to get up a new usage video for you guys with my new OG SGW Waffle I just picked up :brow:

ShadowLink12,
Top Bottom