Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
ataxian's gonna love this thing. I spent all day yesterday letting it milk up my bubbler and got some choking hits! It works well enough with very small loads that I can use it to both punch me in the face with a big load and then keep me there with smaller stabilizing sessions.
I love my vaporizers I currently own!
However my tolerances have changed.
The LSV will be added to my line up!

From my research and following some of the member's responses made me realize I need to progress to the next level.

I am having so much enjoyment with water path.

The LSV is designed with the water path enthusiast in mind!

"stickstones" you know how to vaporize!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Gettin' reacquainted with the LSV, eh? Must be like an old friend. Pickin' right up where ya left off.

yupyup. I've got some tweaking to do, though. It's getting a little hot to the touch sometimes...maybe needs more ventilation. And I really like being done after two hits, but it bugs me that my duff is still a little light with green specs. I don't feel like there is more vapor to be had, but my eyes say otherwise. I don't want to turn it up too much more and combust or get the unit overly hot.

Only three of my vapes can get me choking on one hit and tell me I'm done quickly...this thing, the cloud and the sublimator. 7th floor knows their shit!

lwien

Mine only gets pretty hot after it's been on for about 20 minutes straight and that hardly every happens for obvious reasons, eh? ;)

And if your duff is a little light with green specks, give it a stir and there are at least another 2 hits available without getting into combustion.

Last edited:

OnlyHuman

Mornin'.

My ritual with LSV/WPA

Take end cap off.
Turn LSV dial to 1:30 (LSV clicks off at 6:00 and at full at 3:30 for reference)
Put hot plate in microwave for 3 minutes.
Put SC cubes in cup and fill with hot water (to pre-heat cubes)
Put quarter cup of hot water into tube (to pre-heat tube)
Take out hot plate (after 3 min) and put on table
Put preheated cubes in tube
Empty out water used for preheat and refill with quarter cup of hot water.
Put SC tube on hotplate.
Fill WPA with material...........about 0.05gr. (medium grind, medium dry, no tamping)
Mate LSV to WPA (dial stays at 1:30)
Draw...........HUGE ass hit.
Stir
Draw............2nd hit as huge and dense as the first.
Done.

Empty WPA in small container to be used the next day.
Rinse out downstem, cubes and tube.
The next day, repeat steps above using same load from night before.
Draw........1st hit...........Nice, but not as voluminous as the first two hits from the previous day.
Stir
Draw 2nd hit. As good as the first
Dump ABV in hand and rub between fingers to grind to a finer consistency while exposing a bit more surface area.
Reload WPA.
Draw 3rd hit. A bit weaker than the second.
Done.

Looks like I just wrote a fracking recipe.

What is the hot plate for? What are SC cubes and SC tube?

hmm, never heard of people wanting hot stuff, always thinking of ice cubes in the bongs to cool it. Is this new, or just your personal preference?

Thanks!

OnlyHuman,

OnlyHuman

I don't know where you are from so I don't know what the cheapest would be for you. A cheap setup is the LSV, a male to male ground glass adapter, a screen for the adapter, and an inexpensive glass piece (check the cheap high quality bubbler thread in the Glass sub forum).

I am new to LSV research, what is the screen used for? Are you turning the male to male gong into a herb chamber this way? Can't understand what the screen would be needed for.

it's what he does to have warm water in the pipe. he started a thread about using hot water a while back and he's been using it ever since.

Interesting, have you tried hot water? Do you know what he means by SC cubes and SC tubes? All these acronyms confuse me.

OnlyHuman,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Yes, the screen sits in the middle of the male/male adapter to creat a chamber for the herb. A domed EQ screen can then be placed over the end of the adapter to create a capsule of sorts.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I am new to LSV research, what is the screen used for? Are you turning the male to male gong into a herb chamber this way? Can't understand what the screen would be needed for.

Interesting, have you tried hot water? Do you know what he means by SC cubes and SC tubes? All these acronyms confuse me.

He is using products made by Steel Concepts (SC)

OnlyHuman

Yes, the screen sits in the middle of the male/male adapter to creat a chamber for the herb. A domed EQ screen can then be placed over the end of the adapter to create a capsule of sorts.

That seems weird to me, is there pictures of this anywhere? Why I find it strange is that 7th floor never designed a bowl specifically for this purpose? Instead we are forced to turn adapters into bowls, or does this work because the herb is that much closer? Never done researching with this shit, I swear.

OnlyHuman,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
No, 7th Floor has Waterpipe Adapters. That is my preferred method. The male-male adapters with screens are just an ingenuity created by someone and are some point. It is some folks' preferred method and is almost necessary when using a hydratube.

OnlyHuman

Yea, I was looking at the WPA. If you use this Male to Male adapter you wouldn't be able to swish the LSV around like in some of the videos I am seeing correct? It would all be fixed together with no movement.

OnlyHuman,

lwien

What is the hot plate for? What are SC cubes and SC tube?

hmm, never heard of people wanting hot stuff, always thinking of ice cubes in the bongs to cool it. Is this new, or just your personal preference?

Thanks!

SC Cubes and Tube:

Hot Plate:

I like very warm water due to the added moisture it adds to the vapor while at the same time, helping to reduce condensation.

Dj Bass

Just got my good as new LSV back in the mail (well, yesterday I got it, but I was too busy enjoying it to post.) As always fast turnaround for the repair. Seems like they just replaced the whole electronics "kit" in my unit. My element sits straighter than it ever has, but I don't know if as much heat is transfered to the material now with the new orientation (that is a good thing tho, because on max I could ignite a bowl in 2 hits before.) This is also the first time I have ever used it with 18-14 male-male GonG, which in my opinion produce a CLOUDY vapor faster, and helps me size/time my draws better. Only downside is the bowls sticking in both sides. After a real hot hit I even got my LSV stuck to my bong and had to wait a minute to pull it off. ALSO, first time mating the LSV with the PWNT. It works great, and the fit is perfect with the simple adapters with screens in them (mostly only use this one to hit cotton/oil or wax, because gravity+ground plants/heating element=combustion eventually.) Anyway, mostly just wanted to add to the pile of experience logs we've got burning here. Chris did me right again, we even chit-chatted quite a bit this time, I mentioned the Aus troubles and he had a long story involving government regulations and difficulty of certifying someone over there to work on them in any official capacity. Hope everyone else is staying as safe as I am with my LifeSaber. Take 'er easy.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
so I concur with lwien...four hits seems to be the magic number...thanks for the tip!

now do this: put a little cotton, or preferable some hemp fiber, up the bottom of the wpa until it is just under the screen. make it a wispy, thin ball that doesn't restrict the air flow. Hit that fucker like normal for a week or two and then take it out and throw it in the top of the wpa for some goodies. I got three of the thickest hits ever off that, and I had only been using the filter for about four or five days. That's how you get rocked!

lwien

so I concur with lwien...four hits seems to be the magic number...thanks for the tip!

now do this: put a little cotton, or preferable some hemp fiber, up the bottom of the wpa until it is just under the screen. make it a wispy, thin ball that doesn't restrict the air flow. Hit that fucker like normal for a week or two and then take it out and throw it in the top of the wpa for some goodies. I got three of the thickest hits ever off that, and I had only been using the filter for about four or five days. That's how you get rocked!

Did ya happen to see that pic I took of you bringing home your cotton supply?

lwien,
Reactions: ataxian

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
So basically the cotton ball acts as a filter and the bonus being no need to scrap for wand hash bc it's in the cotton?

SSVUN~YAH,

theoracle

It seems to me that the cotton acts as a sponge with large amounts of surface area to collect the goodies.... Possibly concentrating them into an easier to use form than scraping for it and letting it melt into the flowers.

theoracle,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

BranFlakes188

Cotton ball method of reclaim sounds like the goods. Thanks for that one. I'm going to have to try it in the back end of my wand for the SSV, don't see any reason it won't work with the other 7th Floor vapes.

BranFlakes188,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

stickstones

Vapor concierge
So basically the cotton ball acts as a filter and the bonus being no need to scrap for wand hash bc it's in the cotton?

yupyup.

I found the lsv to allow the most particulates through due to the screen in the wpa. The cotton eliminates this problem and catches some of the flakes along with the goodies. I also use an old mflb screen in the wpa since it is the finest I have come across. But yeah, the cotton/hemp keeps the glass cleaner so you need fewer cleanings. What really surprised me was how quickly the filter becomes good enough to use. My Cloud was getting me a good session from the filter after as little as five sessions. The LSV got me great results with the filter in less than one week.

Alan (HI) has been using this method for a while now and really has a lot of good ideas and thoughts on it (see the cotton thread). He has a very believable theory that the filter catches the larger vapor particles and allows the smaller ones to pass, making for what feels like a smoother hit. Then you get to vape these larger globs later with the filter. I have very quickly amassed a little ziplock bag of soaked hemp fiber for vaping...and it works really well in the portables, too.

Freakshow101

Anyone ever had over heating issue with there lsv? For some reason sometimes my bowl will just flame up and it doesnt matter what temp it is I put it at 12o clock and it just slowly starts flaming for some reason . mabye its because im putting my thumb on the steam to cover the airflow ( I dont want vapor and odor leaving from the draw stem) . anyone ever had this problem? it gets annoying seeing my wand get resinated because I wanna make some wand hash but now it just smells like resin..

Freakshow101,
Top Bottom