Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Mrmrmrmr

you want the lsv over the iron !
im missing the saber so much since the heater cover broke, i ordered a new one today and itll come sometime next week.
those clouds of vapor..

Last edited:

Mrmrmrmr

that black friday anniversary is coming up man i know your doing something special with the lady :cool:

Mrmrmrmr,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
@Alan how is the HILSV for taste? Did you notice a difference in taste between the glass and ss heater covers?

The control allows you to drop the temperature way down for very tasty hits just like with the glass heater cover. I would have to do a side by side taste comparison to be sure of any differences. I only tried one bowl with the original configuration as I acquired it with the intention of the modification.
So nice never having to worry about breaking a heater cover. It just always works and is ready in about the time it takes to get a roasting tube filled.

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
I'm not trying to disagree with you clouded vision but I'm currently using a couple of low volume pieces with a medium/low level of diffusion with my LSV and I'm absolutely loving the flavour I get from them, obviously it's a personal thing but they seem to cool the vapour just the right amount for me while still retaining a lot of the taste. Also I have a fairly low tolerance since I only vape on the weekend so the small volume means I can milk them up to get lots of flavour without having to take large hits.

Another bonus was that I got two sweet pieces for only a little more than I would have paid for one, which meant I was able to leave one at a friends house that I'm at regularly on the weekend so I don't have to risk breakages bringing stuff back and forth.

My home piece, a Colie Glass Sidearm Thick Mini Showerhead, is my favourite of the two in terms of looks and maybe function, it's a very close call. I use mine with very little water, just enough to cover the showerhead, and it's an absolute winner in my books.

thick_mini_showerhead_can_bubbler_water_pipe__f57f005b.jpg

The piece I use at my friends house is the Colie Glass Thick Inline Bubbler which I like because it's practically impossible to tip when on the table that gives me some peace of mind, obviously I still take a certain amount of care with it as if it actually gets knocked off the table onto the hard floor it could take damage. Once again I'd say the small volume of the piece means it retains the flavour of the vapour nicely. In fact the only real disadvantage of this piece is it's somewhat hard to empty all the water out of it once I've finished using it. Also there is the slightly phallic nature of the mouthpiece but if anything that encourages us all to have a good laugh when we're using it so it's not a problem in my eyes, merely a talking point.

thick_inline_bubbler_waterpipe-_18mm_-_flower_bowl_included__55054262.jpg

I have to say I'm very tempted to get larger honeycomb piece like clouded vision has for bigger rips and a while back I came so close to pulling the trigger but I decided to go for a lower volume first and I'm so glad that I did. Not that a larger piece isn't on the cards, I'm just waiting for my bank balance to recover first.

Another low volume piece I was tempted to purchase when ordering my other pieces was the Colie Glass Double Stack which I made a post about here but I can't seem to see it on the store page any more. If you are interested you could use the contact seller button on the right hand side of the store page to ask if it's still available.

I believe quite a few members on the forum have purchased JhanPixel's UFO Circ Bubbler including one of my fellow countrymen GSH. He seemed very happy with it and he even posted a video of him using it with his Solo, I have to say from looking at that video that it looks to have a very good level of diffusion. If you have any question about this piece then I recommend asking a member who owns it to see what they think.

I mention this piece because it has a volume that is a fair bit larger than the stuff I use but still significantly smaller than the standard 12"-14" bubblers we see a lot of on the forum.

If you choose to go with something in the 12" and up area then you will be spoilt for choice as both the sellers I have already mentioned, JhanPixel and Colie Glass, sell a lot of stuff in this size. I'd recommending have a good look through both their stores as they offer an FC discount on their already very competitive prices. JhanPixel offers 10% off the listed price for all FC members and Colie Glass offer a 20% discount. If you look in Jhan's thread you can see he also has a few designs in the woodwork at the moment which it might be worth taking a look at.

I do feel I have to give a special mention to this 14" Showerhead that is only $80 plus shipping with the discount which seems an insanely low price for a piece that size made with quality Schott glass.

14_tall_showerhead_bubbler_waterpipe_-_male_or_female_joint_19mm_fbf53c73.jpg

If you are interested in a recycler then it's worth noting that Colie Glass do one for about $130 plus shipping. Many of the members on this forum have bought one so I'm sure you'll be able to get plenty of information about it from all of them.

I hope all this helps you make a choice in what piece you choose to go for.

@clouded vision I'm really sorry to hear about your GBD piece developing a crack, that sucks big time. I hope you don't feel I was intentionally trying to disagree with you in this post, I just wanted to share my experience of the lower volume pieces I have and also some of the stuff that peeked my interest when I was shopping around.

I'd like to finish this rather long post by saying that I have to agree with the general consensus that Vito rocks. He helped me when I was thinking about purchasing the LSV and it really seems to me I made the right decision. It really clicked last night when I was passing it round a few mates and I thought that if I'd got a lower powered portable vape then we'd probably have to have waited for it to heat back up between hits which would have been somewhat inconvenient. Thanks Vito, you're the best. Don't think your sterling efforts have gone unnoticed in the herbalizer thread answering peoples questions and giving us all the information we could possibly need. It just shows how much of a pillar of this community you really are.

Does your wand stay intact or does it fall out when upside down or stuck to someones lips. Do your friends hold on to the wand? I had some friends over today again and the wand fell out halfway again in the middle of a hit, the person then tried to push it back with their lips and could have easily broke it.. Half the bowl was by the heating cover screen.. I don't want this to happen again, I have to repeat to everyone that they have to hold the wand and half the time people forget or I forget to tell them. I hate having to tell people every time I pass it because its just annoying. Not sure whether to get a Cloud or something more user friendly.. I have few issues with this vape and love the vapor I usually get but that one concern is starting to irritate me.

ElevatedMindset,

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
Well after 10 days of use I sadly have to report that my LSV is having issues...of the cracking glass kind. I have emailed support and hopefully they can correct this situation swiftly under warranty.

Both my standard transfer wand and my heater cover have developed cracks. The transfer only has a small crack...but given it's position I expect it to grow pretty rapidly. The heater cover however has a crack big enough to render my LSV out of commission for now. I am attaching the pics I took below...with the cracks circled in red.

dsc1280c.jpg

dsc1283a.jpg

I've had the same cracks in my new wand I bought a month or two ago on both sides. I don't know how they got there at all. Probably too rough with my poker.

ElevatedMindset,

Mrmrmrmr

The cracks are most likely from stress. The same happened to mine before it broke because I would load bud into the wand and hit it against the wpa to make sure it was all out. Best bet would to be more gentle , a tip I should have taken.

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
I've only ever used the wand in the upward vertical position so I obviously haven't experienced any problems with it falling out. I doubt it would stay in if I held the LSV in a horizontal or downwards facing position as there is nothing other than friction to hold it in place. I did however find I had to accept the fact that the material would fall onto the heater screen so I used it at a lower temperature which then caused the vapour to be a bit inconsistent.

I haven't noticed any cracks yet but since I am mainly using the WPA it means that only the spherical joint is used which will not be prone to the same sideways stresses as standard gong joints that "lock" together. However if I break the WPA(heaven forbid) and have to start using male to male adapters as a substitute then the situation may change and I'll be sure to tell you guys if I develop any cracks.

Since I got a couple of waterpipes to use with my LSV I can't see me ever going back to using the wand, I find the hits are much more consistent and smooth. I'm only using small waterpipes with very little water, just enough to cover the perc, so I don't feel I'm losing out on much flavour. Considering the vapour seems to be more reliably thick as I can have the temperature up higher and not have to worry about bits falling onto the heater screen I'm actually finding my hits more tasty.

Also my ABV is a nice brown tobacco-like colour all the way through after a couple of stirs, sometimes if the material is a bit damp I find giving it a second crumble with my fingers after the first vape helps.

I guess in summation I highly recommend using a waterpipe with the LSV as to me it really feels like what it was designed for. Obviously this is personal preference and I mean no disrespect to those of you that prefer using the wand, I just need my vapour to be cooled a little to make it more palatable.

For reference I heat up on full power for about 10 minutes till it gets nice an warm and then turn it down to the 3 o'clock position for a minute or so before use. However when the material was on the heater screen, which I am aware was not the correct technique, I was using it with the dial at about 12 o'clock.

Richy,
Reactions: Mr. Dabs

lwien

The only time I use the wand is when stoner laziness sets in when thinking about setting up the bong. This happens about once in every 8 sessions or so but when I use the wand, I always us it in the inverted position so that bud will not fall onto the heater cover screen.

lwien,
Reactions: Richy

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
I think it was laziness that stopped me using it in anything other than the upright position so I didn't have to hold it, that and the worry that I'd forget I had to hold it after using it and would suffer a breakage. It was one of those things where I knew I was doing it wrong but didn't trust myself or my friends to use it properly.

Richy,

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
I've only ever used the wand in the upward vertical position so I obviously haven't experienced any problems with it falling out. I doubt it would stay in if I held the LSV in a horizontal or downwards facing position as there is nothing other than friction to hold it in place. I did however find I had to accept the fact that the material would fall onto the heater screen so I used it at a lower temperature which then caused the vapour to be a bit inconsistent.

I haven't noticed any cracks yet but since I am mainly using the WPA it means that only the spherical joint is used which will not be prone to the same sideways stresses as standard gong joints that "lock" together. However if I break the WPA(heaven forbid) and have to start using male to male adapters as a substitute then the situation may change and I'll be sure to tell you guys if I develop any cracks.

Since I got a couple of waterpipes to use with my LSV I can't see me ever going back to using the wand, I find the hits are much more consistent and smooth. I'm only using small waterpipes with very little water, just enough to cover the perc, so I don't feel I'm losing out on much flavour. Considering the vapour seems to be more reliably thick as I can have the temperature up higher and not have to worry about bits falling onto the heater screen I'm actually finding my hits more tasty.

Also my ABV is a nice brown tobacco-like colour all the way through after a couple of stirs, sometimes if the material is a bit damp I find giving it a second crumble with my fingers after the first vape helps.

I guess in summation I highly recommend using a waterpipe with the LSV as to me it really feels like what it was designed for. Obviously this is personal preference and I mean no disrespect to those of you that prefer using the wand, I just need my vapour to be cooled a little to make it more palatable.

For reference I heat up on full power for about 10 minutes till it gets nice an warm and then turn it down to the 3 o'clock position for a minute or so before use. However when the material was on the heater screen, which I am aware was not the correct technique, I was using it with the dial at about 12 o'clock.

I don't like how people hold the LSV vertical because they like to put the cord on their legs and bend it.. Or still forget to hold it vertical. I want something I don't have to tell people how to hit it, how to hold it, etc. I have to worry every time someone hits it because of what I explained earlier. My old wand was perfect.

ElevatedMindset,

Mrmrmrmr

I am 100% wpa now even more so because my wand broke a month ago.
Smoke free for 7 months and I love it.
I promised myself never again would I inhale smoke of any kind and the culprit there is the saber

TNK

Been hittin' my Saber for a month or so now, I love it.

Made some of the adjustments recommended, mainly pulling out the ceramic element
a tad and I readjusted the knob. Vito's suggestion for the knob to be set at 7:30/4:30
is a big help. It's nice to know 12:00 is midway,
I'm mostly at 10-11 now as opposed to 1:00 which seemed wrong.

I'm looking to have a custom wand made soon so I'll keep guys posted.

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
I have some dry herb at the moment and it seems to get me a lot less vapor, harder to hit, and my ABV doesn't get nearly as brown as other herbs. My friend brought some bud over the other day and packed a wand in my LSV and we got vapor for at least 10-15+ hits. It was perfect, he did pack around 3/4 of the wand opposed to my 1/4 I usually pack. And after the ABV was perfectly brown. Lately I've had the same bud and its been dry like this but some of it is a little wetter and stickier but still vapes the same way it seems. Its a couple different strains though so I'm guessing its not cured the right way. When I get, I put it in a mason jar so shouldn't that cure it in a sense?

I quoted myself on the other thread because I wanted your guys opinion as well.

ElevatedMindset,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I don't have luck with small loads in my wand. I can do small loads in the WPA, but the wand doesn't seem to handle them well. I usually pack the whole joint minus the EQ screen when I use my wand.

Dry or moist doesn't seem to matter for me. A bit of moister bud dries out really fast after I pull a few draws of that hot air over it.

Deadshort480,

lwien

I don't have luck with small loads in my wand. I can do small loads in the WPA, but the wand doesn't seem to handle them well. I usually pack the whole joint minus the EQ screen when I use my wand.

No problem here with small loads in the wand. I've used it so that I just barely cover the screen.

lwien,
Reactions: Jared

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
No problem here with small loads in the wand. I've used it so that I just barely cover the screen.
I assume I can turn the heat up a bit for better success, but my unit combusts small dry loads very easily, so I've never tried. It just works so well, for me, with a bit more material.

Deadshort480,
Top Bottom