Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

ScientifiK

Lifted Gamer
What issue were you having with the wpa?

The only things I could possibly think of, are that you aren't removing the end-cap, or that the heater cover is a bit off centre, and the edge of the wpa wont fit between the glass and the metal.

If it's the former, take off the end-cap ;)
If it's the latter, you should be able to move your heater cover around a bit (gently wiggle from side to side/rotate). Eventually you should get it to stay in a better spot.

If that doesn't help, could you show us a pic of the setup as it's not getting a good seal, someone here should be able to figure it out :)

No I removed the end cap to install it. My heater cover is a little off center though. I did notice that with the cap screwed down all the way, I was still able to move the wpa's orientation when doing pulls with my hydratube. For all I know the attachment made a good seal, but the hit was noticeably less and very little vapor on exhale (sometimes none) than with the wand. It's also no where near what I was getting with my VXC using the same HT. I'll do some more experimentation, checking the seals with the unit turned off. I'm not complaining too much though, because this thing delivers!

ScientifiK,

DeltaNine

Just ordered a blue LSV, to have access to a more portable SSV that still vapes like my SSV. Will post pictures/videos if anyone would like to see it in action with some of my glass (it's intended for vape-bonging and perhaps combustion with the bare ceramic element).

I'll post when I get it to give a rough idea of the shipping time from 7th floor directly, to Canada.

Also grabbed 3 short WPAs, 2 14mm (one for guests) and a 18mm one.. and I am finally going to try the ceramic discs to see if the LSV can be used with QWISO, which should be cool to see! (Even though I have the Ti attachment to dab with SSV)

Thanks to everyone in this thread, specifically Frederick McGuire, Vitolo, and Sticks. I read about 50 pages of the thread tonight and decided I would go ahead and give this thing a shot! Hopefully it won't be a disappointment!

Cheez

Anyone have a problem with the WPA adapter seal? I got a LSV about 3 weeks ago with an 18mm WPA. Worked great. Broke it and ordered a new 18mm WPA and a 14mm WPA. The new 18mm works great, but I cannot make a seal with the 14mm.

Upon close examination the center open area of the 14mm is wider than the center open area of the 18mm so the sanded glass on the LSV does not really make contact with the sanded glass in my 14mm WPA. In other words the 14mm bowl is too wide. I've tried different angles every which way and I cannot get a good seal.

Very frustrating since I am going on a road trip soon and bought the 14mm to use with my travel size water pipe. Hoping someone has a recommendation to get me operational until 7th Floor support responds to my inquiry.

Oh and thanks to this forum and all of its users. This wealth of vaporizer information was invaluable. I love my LSV. Nothing like great vapor rips through my Ehle :)

Cheez,

DeltaNine

Anyone have a problem with the WPA adapter seal? I got a LSV about 3 weeks ago with an 18mm WPA. Worked great. Broke it and ordered a new 18mm WPA and a 14mm WPA. The new 18mm works great, but I cannot make a seal with the 14mm.

Upon close examination the center open area of the 14mm is wider than the center open area of the 18mm so the sanded glass on the LSV does not really make contact with the sanded glass in my 14mm WPA. In other words the 14mm bowl is too wide. I've tried different angles every which way and I cannot get a good seal.

Very frustrating since I am going on a road trip soon and bought the 14mm to use with my travel size water piple. Hoping someone has a recommendation to get me operational until 7th Floor support responds to my inquiry.

Oh and thanks to this forum and all of its users. This wealth of vaporizer information was invaluable. I love my LSV. Nothing like great vapor rips through my Ehle :)

a Male-Male adapter can be fashioned into a WPA from what I understand. in your case I think you need a 14mm Male-18mm Male, and you can put a screen in there, and the 18mm male will connect with the LSV.

Alternative is a joint expander, it is a 14mm Male to 18mm female, like 20$ at a LHS.
or a double GG joint downstem, 18mm male to connect to pipe, then it extends and expands to 18mm female. this way you can use your 18mm WPA
(ex. many of RooR downstems are this style)

DeltaNine,

Cheez

DeltaNine - thanks for the response. I should have phrased my question better. I am wondering if there is anything I can do so that I can use my existing 14mm WPA adapter in the short term so that I can use my 14mm WPA on a road trip . I strongly prefer using my LSV with a water pipe. I expect that 7th Floor will issue me a replacement but they have not yet replied to my inquiry.

I read through this entire thread before purchasing the LSV and I considered ordering both a 18mm to 18mm male male and a 14mm to 18mm male male, but I could not find them for less than 7th floor sold both WPA's once shipping was included.

Cheez,

DeltaNine

IDK, thought it sounded like you have a working 18mm bowl that you ordered with the 14mm one.

And your dilemna is you have a 14mm female connection that you wish to use on the road trip. but the 14mm WPA is no good.

So I thought using an adapter to make the female joint 18mm and thus allowing you to use the 18mm bowl was a good solution. a LHS should sell one for 10-20$ then you only need the 18mm WPA for either pipe. That is a short term solution because you would be buying it in a store not online.

If you need a free solution, i have no ideas at the moment.

DeltaNine,

clouded vision

I'm confused, are you saying the rims are different sizes, I'm trying to pictureyour problem but just can't, can you post pictures?

clouded vision,

Cheez

I am saying that, but I'm a numbskull anyway. User error. The WPA is fine. I wasn't pulling hard enough with my 14mm. Just have to draw harder and its fine. I've always taken slow draws and it never dawned on me how hard I had to pull to get the vapor I wanted. The seal just isn't as good with the 14mm.

Sorry for the confusion.

DeltaNine

I am saying that, but I'm a numbskull anyway. User error. The WPA is fine. I wasn't pulling hard enough with my 14mm. Just have to draw harder and its fine. I've always taken slow draws and it never dawned on me how hard I had to pull to get the vapor I wanted. The seal just isn't as good with the 14mm.

Sorry for the confusion.

I use my SSV (same heating system as LSV essentially) with 9 different glass pipes of varying sizes and joint sizes. Several require higher/lower temps than normal to draw at my preferred speed. Depends on the pieces drag. Have fun with it!

DeltaNine,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Ok, just pulled the trigger on an anodized red lsv direct from 7th floor. Also got the 14mm water pipe adapter. I didn't see an option to choose the color for the carrying bag tho (hopefully black). I'll let u guys know what I think of it whenever the hell it gets here. I opted for the free ups ground so I'm sure it'll take forever.

Cheez

Still having problems with my 14mm WPA.

After more playing, I found that the only way I get vapor is to crank my LSV dial all the way on and let the unit heat up for a while. Then I have to pull hard to get vapor. And even then I do not get much vapor (as compared to what I get from the wand or my 18mm WPA).
-With my 18mm WPA I set the LSV dial to between 1 and 3. I get great vapor with nice slow draws.
-With my Wand I set the LSV dial to between noon and 2. I get great vapor with nice slow draws.
-With the 14mm I set the dial to max. I get moderate vapor with really hard draws.

Is this drastic difference normal?
When I was not getting any more vapor out of the 14mm WPA I I took the unused botanical out of the 14mm WPA and put it in the 18mm WPA. I dropped the LSV dial back to 2:30ish maybe 3. I waited about 5 minutes for the unit to cool and I tried to vape. I got vapor. This was the same used botanical where I could not get vapor using my 14mm at the highest temp.

I thought it was the seal but it is not. I confirmed this by taking the LSV glass tube out. I joined the tube to the 14mm WPA, covered the side and bottom hole of the LSV tube and then I sucked on the end of the 14mm WPA. I could not inhale because there was a good seal between the WPA and the LSV tube. So that is not the problem. The only difference I see is that the 14mm WPA is maybe about 5mm longer than the 18mm WPA. But that should not cause this huge difference.

I am using the 14mm WPA with a mini 12" EHLE water pipe with a diffuser. Could that be causing the problem? I've tried the 14mm WPA with the same water pipe without the diffuser (basically a dry hit) as a test. Same results.

I am baffled. Any ideas?

Cheez,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Any of you guys have experience using the lsv with an ht? I'm just curious as to how this would work without the herb falling down into the heater?

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Any of you guys have experience using the lsv with an ht? I'm just curious as to how this would work without the herb falling down into the heater?

Annoying as hell...my real issue was the no screen inside my m to m adapter...now I have a custom made with a screen in the middle but my HT broke /;

m0sh,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
So just an mtom adapter with a Maria in the middle so a screen will fit tightly and I'm good to go?

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

clouded vision

I got my adapter from GBD and it has a little lip right it the bottom of the ground glass where a screen fits perfect.

Sti5SJb.jpg

clouded vision,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I'll have to go see what's at my lhs. I want a 14m to 18m so I can use my pn wt with the lsv when it gets here.

On a side note I just got my tracking number! Woohoo! Anybody else choose the free ups ground option from the 7thfloor website? If so, how long did it take to get to you from the time u got ur tracking #?

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Cheez

The 14mm works fine today. I do not have any idea what I am doing wrong when it does not work well.

The 18mm is consistent as is the wand. I have no problems with either one. :shrug:

Cheez,
Top Bottom