Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

clouded vision

The 14mm works fine today. I do not have any idea what I am doing wrong when it does not work well.

The 18mm is consistent as is the wand. I have no problems with either one. :shrug:
is it possibly just that your 14mm piece is at a different angle and you just couldn't find the sweet spot for it? I know I had a hell of a time when I first tried the WPA, mainly because my heating element sits at a slight angle

clouded vision,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Any of you guys have experience using the lsv with an ht? I'm just curious as to how this would work without the herb falling down into the heater?
As the others have said, a m-m adapter (with a screen in it) makes things far easier.
The screen in the heater cover will stop anything falling down to the heater.

It's a pretty nice setup, though it feels a tad tall when its all assembled, and you can't leave the HT on the LSV between hits (like, when you're putting the LSV down.)

Frederick McGuire,

Cheez

I figured it out. With my 18mm, I set my water pipe on a table and simply place the LSV in the WPA and the weight of the LSV makes a seal. I don't put any effort into pressing the LSV against the WPA. That is how I was usually using my 14mm. That does not work.

With the 14mm, I need to push down on the LSV to create some pressure between the LSV and the WPA. I hold my smaller water pipe in one hand and the LSV in the other so that I can put some muscle into holding the LSV tightly against WPA to create the seal. As long as I use enough pressure when pressing the LSV aginst the WPA, I get the same vapor I get from the 18mm. It works reliably and I tested over multiple sessions. It must have worked intermittantly because I did sometimes pick up the small water pipe and in doing that, added extra pressure to the LSV when holding it against the WPA.

I hope that makes sense and can possible be of help should other users have any similar problems.

Cheez,

lwien

That's still kind of odd though. I never have to put any downward pressure on my LSV. I just let the weight of it rest on the WPA as I hold the LSV lightly in my hand. Any more pressure by me and I'd be concerned about possibly breaking the heater cover.

lwien,

way2

I agree. I'd also be worried about my joint/downstem. The two WPA's should work and look exactly the same(on top anyway). Could you post pics maybe? Sounds to me like your 14 may be defective somehow.

way2,

Meghan

I am so very, very tempted to order one of these. My only plug-ins are Underdogs, and I'm keen to have a little diversity in my lineup. Everything I've read suggests that the LSV is a first-class vape from a solid company, and I love the versatility and accessories (I'm already coveting the vapor tamer). My only problem is that I was actually hoping to get a stealthy portable for flowers next, and I'm on a limited budget at the moment. Such a tough call...I have a Solo for around the house and an O-PHOS for stealth on the go (though I like flowers more than concentrates, generally), so I don't technically NEED a portable right now. Then again, I don't technically NEED another plug-in...except the LSV looks so bad-ass. What to do...

Get another job, I guess! :)

Meghan,

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
Hey guys, I've got a quick question for those of you who have used the LSV with water filtration quite a bit. I was considering purchasing this piece:

honeycomb_to_turbing_bubbler_waterpipe_-_18mm_4f845775.jpg

From what Andy at Colie Glass tells me it works best when taking big fast rips. As I know already that the LSV has a very unrestricted draw from testing it myself and I'm pretty sure I've got the HC version with a large hole in it. My question is will the element be able to provide a consistent enough heat?

I'm guessing it should be OK as the element seems fairly long and the design will allow me plenty of room to swirl it in the WPA to avoid burning from the hot spot. Thanks in advance for anyone taking their time to answer this.

Richy,

clouded vision

^^you do have to turn the temp up a little and pull a little harder on the LSV so if that piece is designed for fast rips it should be perfect. I have a GBD honeycomb which I have to pull on fairly fast to produce the clouds I'm after.
With the piece you have pictured I would only worry that the WPA won't sit all the way into the joint because the mouthpiece is in the way but it's hard to tell from that picture.
Also I could be wrong but I think the HC and WPA have always been the same size. it was the transfer wand that they changed.

clouded vision,

TOWELIE 420

LSV looks like an awesome vape! A buddy of mine is waiting on his to arrive and I'm looking forward to trying it out through a bong!

TOWELIE 420,

Richy

Thanks for the reassurance Clouded Vision. That picture is a little deceiving, it's not actually as close as it looks. Here another one:
honeycomb_to_turbing_bubbler_waterpipe_-_18mm_c4002b23.jpg
So I hope you agree that I should be OK? By the way I love the avatar. Whoop, whoop, whoop..whoop..whoop..whoop (scuttles off sideways). That was my Zoidberg impression just in case you didn't realise.

Richy,

TOWELIE 420

Thanks for the reassurance Clouded Vision. That picture is a little deceiving, it's not actually as close as it looks. Here another one:
honeycomb_to_turbing_bubbler_waterpipe_-_18mm_c4002b23.jpg
So I hope you agree that I should be OK? By the way I love the avatar. Whoop, whoop, whoop..whoop..whoop..whoop (scuttles off sideways). That was my Zoidberg impression just in case you didn't realise.

TOWELIE 420,

clouded vision

from that angle it looks much better. I personally don't like how the stem goes into what looks like the base and the restricted honeycomb in it but that's really just a personal preference sort of thing. Also the more welds there are the weaker the piece well be overall IME but I'm not a glass head by any stretch of the imagination. I do know from what I have read that colie puts out some quality work though. I definitely think that piece should pair well with the LSV though, it looks to be roughly the same volume as my GBD, I really don't like how the honeycomb on that colie piece is so small compared to how wide the can is. I would want to see a bubble video before I committed to buying it.

here is my piece for comparison
M8CPsQC.jpg

Richy

I personally don't like how the stem goes into what looks like the base and the restricted honeycomb in it but that's really just a personal preference sort of thing. Also the more welds there are the weaker the piece well be overall IME but I'm not a glass head by any stretch of the imagination.

Thanks for the tips but I plan on keeping the piece at home on a table and I'll be the only one using it so I'm hoping it won't have too hard a life and I won't drop it. The mouthpiece also has a support at the lower end so it should be strong enough. Other than the mouthpiece the only weld I can see is the stem which Andy has assured me is rock solid. Unless of course you count where the tube is cut to put in the disc percs.

I'm interested to know what you mean by the honeycomb being restricted? Do you mean that it's smaller than the can or that you don't think the inlet will make full use of the disc? As far as I know the honeycomb disc that he and JhanPixel get comes in a certain size so he couldn't get it any bigger. I'd be very grateful for an explanation of what you mean.

By the way I was talking about the inlet hole at the bottom of the HC. I'm too lazy to go digging through the thread to find a picture but I got two spare HCs, one has a smaller hole further down and the other has a larger hole further up so either they changed the design at some point or their manufacturing is really inconsistent.

Richy,

TOWELIE 420

from that angle it looks much better. I personally don't like how the stem goes into what looks like the base and the restricted honeycomb in it but that's really just a personal preference sort of thing. Also the more welds there are the weaker the piece well be overall IME but I'm not a glass head by any stretch of the imagination. I do know from what I have read that colie puts out some quality work though. I definitely think that piece should pair well with the LSV though, it looks to be roughly the same volume as my GBD, I really don't like how the honeycomb on that colie piece is so small compared to how wide the can is. I would want to see a bubble video before I committed to buying it.

here is my piece for comparison
M8CPsQC.jpg

nice piece and vape, I like the looks of that LSV a lot

TOWELIE 420,

clouded vision

I didn't realize you meant the inlet hole,I wasnt aware they had different sizes but it makes sense as they ate hand made.
I was talking about how the honeycomb is narrower than the can. It's hard to tell the dimensions from the picture but if it is a 50mm disc in a 65mm can I wouldn't worry about it but if that is a 50mm can then I would worry about too much draw restriction. Really any piece will work with the LSV but it seems less restriction will give you fatter hits. Mine is a 50mm disc and can. I do have to say that I am biased towards nice clean lines and the aesthetics of that disc being so much smaller than the can would bug the hell out of me but as long as it bubbles well, isn't too restricted and you like the looks of it then I say go for it

clouded vision,

Richy

I was going to get a piece quite similar to yours but I didn't quite explain how I wanted the stem right so it came out wrong. I wanted a different design of can but with a stem pretty much the same as yours, unfortunately you hadn't posted a picture of yours by then and my descriptive skills are abysmal so it came out like this.

14_inch_honeycomb_perc_oil_rig_waterpipe__a7877f61.jpg

But Andy is so chilled he said not to worry about it and he'd keep the piece and try to sell it anyway. I have to say it looks like it would be awesome for dabs but since I can't get any oils/waxes over here it's not much use to me. The problem is that it was the last honeycomb disc he had so I'll have to wait a fair bit to get what I wanted which is why I was considering the other piece. As for the can and disc size I'm not sure but I think he uses the same size honeycomb for all his pieces, I'll ask him to find out.

Richy,

Richy

Sound like it's f**ked, you might as well send it too me and I'll look after it for you. Don't worry I'd be happy to pay the postage.

In all seriousness though, I'm no expert but I think I remember people saying that twisting can break it so it's probably not a good idea to do that. From basic thermal properties I guess slowly heat the female joint or cool the male joint with a cold damp cloth then maybe use ice cubes to get the cloth cooler. Maybe a combination of both but make sure you do it slowly so as not to shock the glass.

I hope that helps.

clouded vision

you can also try pouring iso on it and let it seep in then wiggle it back and forth but like richy said dont ever twist

clouded vision,

a2thazeee

For those of you that use the LSV, do you notice a burning smell that emanates from the ceramic heating unit? My LSV works fine, hits great, its just that I recently noticed a slight burning smell when it is heating (you have to put your nose close to the heater cover, but it's there nonetheless). Thought it was just because it was new but I can smell it every time it's heating up. Just wondering if that is normal.

a2thazeee,
Top Bottom