Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Mrmrmrmr

For the wpa's on the lifesaber site, do they not have a 18mm size? All I see is 14 & 19

Mrmrmrmr,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Since my Cloud is inop I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the LSV. My only question is do I need a male to male adapter to use my evolver hydracirc? Or is the wpa that 7th Floor sells all I need? I basically want to be able to use the LSV in the same manner as my Cloud and stack the hydracirc right on top and vape with the LSV upright. I also would love to be able to use my ELB with the LSV. Is that possible with either adapter and the hydracirc? Sorry for so many questions, but I need a backup unit STAT, and don't what to drop $250 on another unit where I can't use my existing glass. I looked through some of the pages in this thread and saw some attempting to use the ELB, but I never found a definitive answer.

TL;DR

Is it possible and if so what do I need to get my ELB and Evolver Hydracirc to work with the LSV? I'd like to get this weapon of the Jedi ordered ASAP.
You'd be able to make the stock WPA work, but I'd say a 18-18 male-male adapter is your best bet.

Depending in the size of the 18mm joints, you may or may not be able to use your elbs in it.
I got a few elbs to try it and wasn't all too impressed with the results, but I still want to tinker with it :science:

Frederick McGuire,

ScientifiK

Lifted Gamer
You'd be able to make the stock WPA work, but I'd say a 18-18 male-male adapter is your best bet.

Depending in the size of the 18mm joints, you may or may not be able to use your elbs in it.
I got a few elbs to try it and wasn't all too impressed with the results, but I still want to tinker with it :science:

Thx for the info. Any suggestions on where to acquire the male-male adapter? Sorry but I'm a glass noob and 7th Floor doesn't appear to sell one on their site.

ScientifiK,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Thx for the info. Any suggestions on where to acquire the male-male adapter? Sorry but I'm a glass noob and 7th Floor doesn't appear to sell one on their site.
It's a relatively common adapter, people use them to convert regular bongs with a female joint so that they can use a dome/nail with them.
There should be plenty of places online/ your LHS should have them.

Alt has them for example.
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/glas.../alt-18-mm-male-to-18-mm-male-90-adapter.html

I got mine custom made by a glassblower for me :)

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: ataxian

ScientifiK

Lifted Gamer
It's a relatively common adapter, people use them to convert regular bongs with a female joint so that they can use a dome/nail with them.
There should be plenty of places online/ your LHS should have them.

Alt has them for example.
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/glas.../alt-18-mm-male-to-18-mm-male-90-adapter.html

I got mine custom made by a glassblower for me :)

Ty! I'll probably order this all today. If the elb doesn't work with the male-male adapter how do I secure the flower? My assumption is to add a screen to the adapter, and I believe the LSV has a screen in the glass joint already to protect the heating element from debris.

ScientifiK,

clouded vision

wp5HJfM.jpg

Someone loves the LSV dime bag.

Mrmrmrmr

Is it true the 18mm lsv wpa works better than the 14mm in terms of vapor production ? I recall reading something of the sort on gc

Mrmrmrmr,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I would say that depends on the user. the 18mm might have a little more airflow, but doesn't change the sweetspot. you still are going to use the same speed draw no matter which one you use. more important to focus on the shorty vs the tall one.

stickstones,

Mrmrmrmr

I would say that depends on the user. the 18mm might have a little more airflow, but doesn't change the sweetspot. you still are going to use the same speed draw no matter which one you use. more important to focus on the shorty vs the tall one.
Oh I agree, the shorty is the only one I use even in groups
The airflow was the only thing I could think of as well.

Mrmrmrmr,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
IME, the 18 and 14mm LSV WPAs work exactly the same.

I recently broke my only 18mm WPA (:cry:), and have been using my 14mm WPA with an adapter, and I haven't had to adjust anything, the draw feels the same, it's the same.

My hypothesis on why that is, is due to the restriction underneath the ice pinches, it seems to be very similar, if not the same between both the 14 & 18mm WPAs, so the bottleneck of flow (smallest point in the airpath) is there, not at the joint.
:2c::shrug:

ScientifiK

Lifted Gamer
Well I just pulled the trigger on the LSV, in purp! I also picked up a a 14mm and 18mm wpa. I also picked up an 18mm male to male adapter so I can use my hydratube with it. This is going to have to hold me down until my cloud can get repaired. I tried combusting again and while the end result was fine, the journey sucked. I immediately went back to my pax and I can't lie, it's doing a damn fine job. I'm pretty excited about the LSV and can't wait to try it with a few different water setups. Judging by the feedback in here it's going to be a great addition to my small collection, and a great backup to the cloud if it ever gets fixed. Thanks for all the info and responses to my noobish questions.

ScientifiK,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Mitch

Would you guys say the lsv is worth picking up if I plan on hitting it with the transfer wand and no water tool? 90% of lsv users seems to use it purely with some sort of water filtration.

Mitch,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Would you guys say the lsv is worth picking up if I plan on hitting it with the transfer wand and no water tool? 90% of lsv users seems to use it purely with some sort of water filtration.

That is simply not correct, at least IMO, even if here we have a lot of members who uses it with water mostly, I'm not sure this is the same outside fuckcombustion...anyway I use it dry mostly...and Vitolo only uses it dry, I say sure its worth the 189.99$ price tag.

m0sh,

Mitch

That is simply not correct, at least IMO, even if here we have a lot of members who uses it with water mostly, I'm not sure this is the same outside fuckcombustion...anyway I use it dry mostly...and Vitolo only uses it dry, I say sure its worth the 189.99$ price tag.
I stand corrected then. :p
How would you say it compares to the Solo or the Volcano? I'm really curious to know.

Mitch,

m0sh

I stand corrected then. :p
How would you say it compares to the Solo or the Volcano? I'm really curious to know.

Lets please leave the volcano alone...its an old yet solid machine and I don't really like it...

To compare with the solo... it depends on what you're looking for, if you're going to use it with some friends the LSV is a better choice... if its for your own use the solo hands down the all around best vape IMO...its just good enough but the LSV has many advantage as well.

m0sh,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Lets please leave the volcano alone...its an old yet solid machine and I don't really like it...

To compare with the solo... it depends on what you're looking for, if you're going to use it with some friends the LSV is a better choice... if its for your own use the solo hands down the all around best vape IMO...its just good enough but the LSV has many advantage as well.
I disagree...
The only edge I see the solo having over the LSV is portability.

Taste - I'd say it's a wash, maybe giving the edge to LSV.
Ease of use - again, a wash, very similar packing techniques are required, similar ergonomics, similar learning curve.
Clouds - They deliver the same "thickness" clouds, but the LSV can give you your cloud far quicker, has less draw restriction etc.

The solo doesn't get as hot as the LSV, but I've never been too bothered about the heat of my unit.

Having said that, I can't deny that the solo Rocks :rockon:
It's easily the best portable I've owned, and its even better than a few desktops I know of :tup:

Oh, hows this for irony,
I normally take my LSV over to my buddies place to vape, but when vaping at home, I'm normally using my solo :lol: (the solo is way more convenient for bedtime vaping for me :zzz: )

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

m0sh

I disagree...
The only edge I see the solo having over the LSV is portability.

Taste - I'd say it's a wash, maybe giving the edge to LSV.
Ease of use - again, a wash, very similar packing techniques are required, similar ergonomics, similar learning curve.
Clouds - They deliver the same "thickness" clouds, but the LSV can give you your cloud far quicker, has less draw restriction etc.

The solo doesn't get as hot as the LSV, but I've never been too bothered about the heat of my unit.

Having said that, I can't deny that the solo Rocks :rockon:
It's easily the best portable I've owned, and its even better than a few desktops I know of :tup:

Oh, hows this for irony,
I normally take my LSV over to my buddies place to vape, but when vaping at home, I'm normally using my solo :lol: (the solo is way more convenient for bedtime vaping for me :zzz: )

Ease of use the same? This is just plain wrong, you're forgetting the size and the ease of use of the solo is by far superior to the LSV

Similar packing? well with the solo you don't need to stir and with the LSV is a must...

The solo is one of the easiest vapes to use, with all the love for the LSV, its more hassle than the solo but the thick rips are surly great, I'm just saying the solo is good enough for a solo user and the efficiency is high.
You also need a tiny bit of space and this is way I use it mostly when I'm surfing the web ... the LSV is when friends come or when I sit on the couch...or at bed...

m0sh,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
By similar packing I meant that you just load a stem.
for both units, you grab the stem/transfer wand, put some bud in there, and put it in the solo/LSV.
If anything, the solo is a tiny bit more tricky to load IMO.

How hard is it to stir? for me, not at all.

Do you think it's Harder to use a LSV than A solo?
or, to re-phrase, the Solo is easier to use?
I don't.
If someone had mobility issues, I'd certainly give the solo an edge, but for an able-bodied user, I don't see them being all that different to use.
For me, they are both just as easy/hard to use as each other.
They have some small intricacies, but they wash out in the end IMO...

I don't see the extra hassle in using the LSV.

The LSV heats up at the same speed.
It doesn't have an auto-shutoff, so I only need to wait for that heatup once per sesh.

and if anything, I find it easier to introduce a newbie to the LSV than the solo.
I can say "just suck"
and don't need to add "but don't worry about the restricted draw"

They are both incredibly easy to use vapes, on some arbitrary scale, I'd give them both 74/83, with each of them losing points for different things, but it washing out in the end...

:2c:

Top Bottom