JyARz Storage Containers

MinnBobber

Since your JyARZ relates to ocean gyres, how about a water reference:

"Big Bobber" It can float and serve as a big fishing bobber , but eco friendly from milk jugs etc.
If your house floods, your stash is still safe :) Holds the water out but holds the proper moisture in, with a Boveda 62% pack.

Also a play off the "Big Bopper" .

tepictoton

Well,

one might also see it from another perspective...

Big Bertha was a weapon of mass destruction...now we can claim back that name and give it a peace keeping/giving tone to it...reclaim? :lol:

Edit: So there would be a wiki about Big Bertha (Howitzer) and one about Big Bertha(Jyarz)?
Edit2: How is your Bertha?

JyARz

Innovative Glass lined containers @ www.jyarz.com
Manufacturer
Well,

one might also see it from another perspective...

Big Bertha was a weapon of mass destruction...now we can claim back that name and give it a peace keeping/giving tone to it...reclaim? :lol:

Edit: So there would be a wiki about Big Bertha (Howitzer) and one about Big Bertha(Jyarz)?
Edit2: How is your Bertha?

I do like this line of reasoning ... co-opt the term!

JyARz

Manufacturer
Here's a picture of a little something we are working on in addition to the BB (Big Boy/Big Bertha).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFJ2XzwQIn8/

We are going to give one of the prototypes away to one of our InstaGram followers when we reach 5K followers. So if you are on IG please follow @JyARz.

Note: The thing thing in the middle is a single jet torch lighter. One Classic will hold flower and will include a funnel. The other will hold a glass "bat" and toothpicks and whatever else you might like to put in there (no glass in that one). It will have a "slot" on the back to attach to a belt or bag or whatever else you might light to attach it to. There'll be space for a driver's license and a few credit cards on the inside as well. Handmade in leather, TOTALLY smell proof, and beautifully made.

If they are popular we will likely make versions in less fancy versions in ballistic nylon or something similar.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Regarding the bat holster aspect, as most of us are vapers and have dynavap bats, it would be great to know it would be able to accommodate a Vapcap.

I have one of the Leopard wood Dugouts and it is beautiful, but I don't travel with it and your smell proof holster would be welcomed to my Jyarz lineup.

°k

The sound of vapor
Regarding the bat holster aspect, as most of us are vapers and have dynavap bats, it would be great to know it would be able to accommodate a Vapcap.

I have one of the Leopard wood Dugouts and it is beautiful, but I don't travel with it and your smell proof holster would be welcomed to my Jyarz lineup.
vapcap: 9.4 x 1.2 cm
vapcap plastic case: 9.6 x 2.5 cm

So it looks like they're too big to fit in a classic but if Aldo sew a small elastic fabric band on one side of the holster then you can slip in the vapcap in its case (or any small object) and keep everything tight altogether. :2c:

°k,
Reactions: Derrrpp

JyARz

Manufacturer
vapcap: 9.4 x 1.2 cm
vapcap plastic case: 9.6 x 2.5 cm

So it looks like they're too big to fit in a classic but if Aldo sew a small elastic fabric band on one side of the holster then you can slip in the vapcap in its case (or any small object) and keep everything tight altogether. :2c:

There will be room where the "2nd" JyAR would sit. There will be a strap in there to hold the JyAR so I suspect that the VapCap or other vap could fit in there. We can test that out once the prototype is complete.

-Aldo

°k

The sound of vapor
Cool.

I've been wondering... one of the things I like in JyARz is that they're made of recycled plastic (I felt like it was an important part of your action Aldo), so wouldn't it be more in the same spirit to use some fabric made of recycled plastic too for the holster? I know leather looks nice and all, but to me recycled plastic beats it on the conscious level and I always felt that JyARz was a conscious brand/project.

JyARz

Manufacturer
Cool.

I've been wondering... one of the things I like in JyARz is that they're made of recycled plastic (I felt like it was an important part of your action Aldo), so wouldn't it be more in the same spirit to use some fabric made of recycled plastic too for the holster? I know leather looks nice and all, but to me recycled plastic beats it on the conscious level and I always felt that JyARz was a conscious brand/project.

Our logic as to leather for me is that I'm a meat eater, leather is a byproduct of eating meat so I personally don't see an ethical issue. You might say I should reconsider my meat eating, and perhaps that's true.

As to other fabrics we will see how popular our bags are, if people enjoy them we will produce bags in other fabrics and we'll certainly consider how they are produced.

-Aldo

°k

The sound of vapor
Our logic as to leather for me is that I'm a meat eater, leather is a byproduct of eating meat so I personally don't see an ethical issue. You might say I should reconsider my meat eating, and perhaps that's true.

As to other fabrics we will see how popular our bags are, if people enjoy them we will produce bags in other fabrics and we'll certainly consider how they are produced.

-Aldo
I hope I didn't come across as judging you or trying to turn you into a vegetarian, I'm not one myself and I do have a few leather items.
My point is, plastic seemed to be your fight and it accumulates in landfills and oceans, so keeping on promoting its recycling seemed to be the continuation of what you started with the classic.
Regarding leather, it's true it can be considered as a by-product of meat consumption but unless you make the effort to use more expensive techniques to treat it, it requires chemicals to tan it. Now I've just googled recycled leather and need to do some reading into it. :worms:

Edit: @FlyingLow I understand you share Aldo's opinion, thank you.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I get what aldo is saying... he eats meat, he is choosing to use another part of the animal as well. Seems kinda like you are trolling for an argument...

Mod note: If you think there is a problem, please hit the report button. Do not try to moderate threads yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
FlyingLow,

GOOREGON

i love your jyarz but i certainly will not be buying the case/pouch youre coming out with. hemp would have been a great choice...i prefer not to carry dead animal skin around....the only thing that needs that is the animal it came from. cant wait to see the super sized jyar you have been working on! :peace:

Top Bottom