1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

JoDa Glassworks

Discussion in 'Glass' started by VaPeD&CoNfUsEd, May 5, 2014.

1. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd JoDa Glassworks Glass Blower

I was really hoping there were more dry nano fans like myself. As for the 18mm gongs, I'll see how the 14's go before I place another joint order.

ataxian, Maine420, Seren and 4 others like this.
  2. flotntoke

flotntoke thoroughly vaped

Cool! Thanks!

Do love the nano dry for flavor. Can't be beat. But water lets me do much more without any irritation.

ou812?, ataxian and Tweak like this.
  3. Tweak

Tweak T\/\/34|<

I think with a bend or curve in the stem would help a bunch.

IMO, with a straight stem your throat is getting hit with the thickest vapor droplets and the hottest vapor, and that is what causes most irritation. A bend would absorb some heat and oil. Maybe some inner stem glass nubs too, :).

I wonder how well a J-hook type stem would work? Hit the nano like a old pipe, but no need for a J-hook + 18/14mm GonG. :rockon:

ataxian, SSVUN~YAH, Kief and 2 others like this.
  4. Caligula

Caligula *results not typical.

Ive used a VXC MP paired with my 18mm Nano gong. Wasnt super special IMO.

ataxian and EveryDayAmnesiac like this.
  5. EveryDayAmnesiac

EveryDayAmnesiac I am a stupid asshole.

Make some HI glass stems. Do it. Do it. Do it. Seriously. Whatever you have to do.

Otherwise, I might end up regretting selling my Nano. And my Nano was being used LONG, LONG before riding it, by the nuts or elsewere, by @Caligula was considered cool. Before he even joined the forum, if I recall correctly. :razz:

0h yeah, I went there. :ko:

So, what does that make me?

I'll tell you what it makes me. A fuck of a hell of a lot cooler than you cats give me credit for.

:cool:

Hoops, ataxian, SSVUN~YAH and 6 others like this.
  6. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

I was also a big nano fan before it was the cool thing to be. I just love and treasure this thing. That's why I wanted some pimped out stems for it! Lol.

Again, I don't have any vapes besides the nano right now so I have no reference for fitment on other vapes. I'd hate to send out pieces that end up ill-fitting. It's not that I don't wanna make them but I'm still learning.

I'm so glad you're all here on this journey with me. Not much of a glass scene locally so I'm glad to have somewhere I can receive feedback on my work. Much appreciated all.

Hoops, ataxian, DieHard and 9 others like this.
  7. EveryDayAmnesiac

Oh, I remember dude. I'm just giving you a hard time. :ko:

If I could afford it, I'd happily have a Nano with a custom stem next to my HI ! :science:

I truly wish you the best in these endeavors, @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd. And I am certain our paths as seller-buyer will cross once again. :)

And I was just giving you shit, @Caligula. You know as well as anyone how important you are to this community. Why else would I make fun of you? :rofl:

ataxian, Seren, SSVUN~YAH and 4 others like this.
  8. Caligula

[​IMG]

Zebowski, ataxian, Seren and 6 others like this.
  9. flotntoke

Think I got you beat on both fronts, and I didn't even realize the nano was so cool. :myday:

And yeah... you're still cool in my book @EveryDayAmnesiac!! Just jealous you have a HI & I don't (yet!). Why, oh why, did I not get on the list when I bought my nano? Probably because I was too vaked to think straight, but if that was a valid excuse I'd probably forget my own name.

ataxian, Snappo, Seren and 3 others like this.
  10. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

If you want some demand for your work I suggest making jhooks for the lotus and getting a solo stem to measure off of. There are endless numbers of Solo owners and everyone who ever gets a lotus ends up exploring the jhook option, and nothing out there quite works perfectly for it yet.

ataxian, Snappo, as and 5 others like this.
  11. Enchantre

Enchantre A short, pithy statement

J-hook works great for the Nano, too... think Integrated adjust-a-screen space on a J-hook....

[​IMG]

ataxian, flotntoke, Snappo and 5 others like this.
  12. Tweak

Tweak T\/\/34|<

I'm thinking Krazy straw type stems too.

How boss would a mustache stem be?
    [​IMG]

Or a "Fuck Combustion" stem, lmao
    [​IMG]

13. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

Those are things I'd love to do but bending tubing like that is currently still far out of my realm of capabilities. Boro is much harder to manipulate with such detail vs say lead glass like what's used in neon signs. But I'm learning everyday.

ataxian, Snappo, Enchantre and 2 others like this.
  14. Tweak

Tweak T\/\/34|<

Yeah, I'm just playing.

How hard is a j-hook? Is that why some blowers hate j-hooks, hard to make consistently?

ataxian, flotntoke and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  15. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

I'll let you know after I attempt one. Lol bending tube sucks right now, or rather I suck at bending tube right now! Haha

16. Kief

Kief Medicated

I'll bet the other manufacturers would be willing to help you out, and probably support your endeavorers. All you need is the outer core sleeve for the logs, those can't cost very much. Maybe you could offer to trade one of your custom stems for them. It's worth asking.

For Solo stems, I would call up your favorite vape suppliers and try to get bulk pricing on stock stems. Even if you pay retail, there should be enough room for you to make a profit while offering them at a reasonable price... people really want those things.

I'm just sharing these ideas, not really interested in worked glass for myself... but it's looking good @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd .

Quetzalcoatl, Seren, Caligula and 4 others like this.
  17. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

A couple more fresh out of the oven.
    [​IMG]
    On the left: China white and teal with china white warts.
    On the right: lined pomegranate and steel wool with pomegranate warts.

CHIDOY, grokit, Quetzalcoatl and 11 others like this.
  18. EveryDayAmnesiac

They remind me a lot of some of the old pipes I used to smoke out of in high school. I like that. Very fond memories of looking at row after row of glass pipes and admiring all the shapes and colors. :)

Congrats again on your new endeavor! Makes me want to get off my ass and do SOMETHING, for fuck's sake! :tup:

19. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

Slyme is a very hard color to photograph with an iphone but, you get the just of it eh?
    [​IMG]

Zebowski, Teedub, CHIDOY and 14 others like this.
  20. Caligula

@VaPeD&CoNfUsEd If I send you a gong could you just fume it for me and send it back? I like the new thick glass adjustable gongs epic vape is producing ATM...

SSVUN~YAH and flotntoke like this.
  21. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

All this beautiful glass for a vape I don't own!

grokit, Quetzalcoatl, Seren and 7 others like this.
  22. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

Fuming works much better in combustion pieces if your looking for that blue hue. I made my dad a pipe the same day as I made my personal stem and his pipe was that sweet blue hue within 3 days and my stem has still yet to start to turn. The nasty combustion resin allows the color to change very well but the beautiful reclaim from vaping just isn't dark enough to show off the reaction. It'd take a long time to make it change I think. ...... And I go hard as fuck on my nano all day every day.

Quetzalcoatl, Seren, Caligula and 3 others like this.
  23. flotntoke

You need to jump on the bandwagon with this one, sticks. I think anyone who likes the solo will love the nano - assuming you're close to electric.

Seren, SSVUN~YAH and VaPeD&CoNfUsEd like this.
  24. SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

Your definetly correct! I've been using a Sherlock with my Lotus with the same results you explained. I gave a friend one blown from cobalt glass with silver fuming. He uses it for combustion and it changed quickly, while you had to hold it up to a light to see that golden goodness of vapor condensation! Of course I reclaimed it before I gave it away. I can't wait to support your new skill, they look amazing, your a quick learner my friend!!!

25. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

[​IMG]
    From left to right: lemon drop 14mm, purple rain 14mm, slyme 14mm, and slyme and purple rain together 14mm. Get em while their hot!! 25$ +2$ each shipped Conus.

Zebowski, CHIDOY, grokit and 16 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors