JoDa Glassworks

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Ive always said I'd never shit on FC. But when FC starts shitting on me what choice do I really have?!?.

I do feel for you JoDa, but really it's not FC dude, it's just some damn peoples . . . :mental:

I've been checking those other threads too and I must admit that I honestly didn't realise what was happening.

But now I know & man, seriously, we got your back :nod:

Much much deserved respect for you @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

:peace:

NickDlow

Log Hog
That's a big wag of the finger to the defectors. That's some cold ass shit right there. It would be a travesty to lose you bro, but I feel you. I hate when ppl fuck up a good thing. Whatever the case may be hopefully I can hit u up in the future. Be easy bro

Reflections

Good Morning all..Knock on door yesterday and the mailman had a package!!!! wooohoooo...lol

Everything is Super Fantastic!!! Never tried a J0da Hook plus a carbed gong..damn that is an awesome combo. I got wasted using it all day yesterday lol, Thanks for making me some awesome pieces , I love the glitter effects in the bumps and the colors.

Hubby is digging his octopussy stems also ...I cant blame you for being mad Vaped&Confused..now i gotta go find those threads where I can bash something or someone....

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
I didn't plan to leave customs behind. Just find a happy medium and scale back on them a bit. Just gotta get a rhythm down on this prodo. Ive always said I'd never shit on FC. But when FC starts shitting on me what choice do I really have?!?.
Anytime someone creates something good everyone is gonna copy it. If business people had scruples we wouldn't need patents. Just keep your head up and let your talent to the talking man. You've got quite the following on here. If the bighters wanna try to play catch up....F em. Stay up bro.

Pjake,
Reactions: VegNVape

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
FWIW. When it comes to MY accessories. (And the bigger things that the future holds)
JoDa = Coke
Other blowers = Pepsi

I like Coke!
I will reach for a Coke EVERY time!

I have a 35 year relationship with MJ. My FIRST custom (to my specs) glass came from JoDa. I hope to continue to support the ARTIST that I believe in!

nihil

Member, Known Well
@VaPeD&CoNfUsEd have you tried reaching out to @Oregonglassblower? He seems to be a solid guy, maybe a PM asking him to hold off on the enano carbed GonGs?

Secondly, I hope you don't throw me into the backstabbing camp. I publicly ordered a carbed adaptor (I believe Mike has been offering these for a while) to use with the 2 non-carbed JoDa GonGs I ordered from you last year. Since getting my 2 carbed GonGs from you earlier this year, I've been neglecting the originals I got from you, hence the adapter.

Lastly, I work in an industry were my work has been copied daily for over 10 years. Yeah, it sucks, but on the flip side, it is what drives me to always do my best. To this day, no one has caught up with me and that's something I'm damn proud of.

Regarding art, your work has its own soul.. when I want a BMW, I buy a BMW. Right now, you're the only dealership in town.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
No I'm not contacting OGB I've always heard he was a standup dude. I'm sure once he gets wind if the situation he'll back right off. My problem isn't with him. I'm sure he doesn't even know about me. My problem is with my customers asking another artist to blatantly bite my work. And no you aren't in that category. I don't care about adapters and shit OGB was doing those for FC long before me. (Honestly that's why I don't do a bunch of clear adapters, that's his thing) My only bitch is on worked stems and worked carb gongs for specific vapes. And this is mostly because before I got started blowing glass I contacted several glassblowers trying to get some made. None had the time of day for the project. So I figured, fuck it! I'll make em myself. Now that there is proof that there's a market, all of a sudden guys have time??? Fuck that. Not tryin to be a bitch about it. Just REALLY don't like biting.

Last edited:

Oregonglassblower

Glass Blower
No I'm not contacting OGB I've always heard he was a standup dude. I'm sure once he gets wind if the situation he'll back right off. My problem isn't with him. I'm sure he doesn't even know about me. My problem is with my customers asking another artist to blatantly bite my work. And no you aren't in that category. I don't care about adapters and shit OGB was doing those for FC long before me. (Honestly that's why I don't do a bunch of clear adapters, that's his thing) My only bitch is on worked stems and worked carb gongs for specific vapes. And this is mostly because before I got started blowing glass I contacted several glassblowers trying to get some made. None had the time of day for the project. So I figured, fuck it! I'll make em myself. Now that there is proof that there's a market, all of a sudden guys have time??? Fuck that. Not tryin to be a bitch about it. Just REALLY don't like biting.
Hey Brother. Just wanted to clear something up. I was asked to make a carbed nano GonG on the forum but instead directed them to my carbed male to female adapter which i designed years ago and have sold many over time. I want to be sure to respect everyone on the Forum and not step on anyones toes. Love what you are doing, your work rocks!
I will definitley decline any requests for the carbed Nano GonG and will shoot them over to you. Big respect to all my fellow blowers. Thanks Mike-OGB.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Thats shitty JoDa. I wouldnt deal with them type of people either. Some people dont understand what all goes into designing/prototyping/testing a good design that sells, and then some dont understand whether its a 10 dollar piece or a 500 dollar piece, taking away either, takes food out of your family's mouths.

I know the piece i ordered from you is not a normal piece that you make a lot of these days.... But i searched high and low for a carbed slide... Nothing i found interested me at all.. UNTIL i seen a carbed GonG you had made on google image. I had yet to see that type of design anywhere, the tube carb out the side, out the way, is genius.

Dont let them take your bacon brother!!

FWIW. When it comes to MY accessories. (And the bigger things that the future holds)
JoDa = Coke
Other blowers = Pepsi
:goon:

Pepsi for the win :p

e3er.jpg

oulf.jpg

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Your work is awesome, your design is your intellectual property, and brings in the bacon. Dont let em take your bacon LOL

Pepsi is better IMO, But you are the Pepsi in my analogy JoDa.

Just messing around, i do much prefer pepsi, but i know more people prefer coke so its all in fun!!

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I don't think GonGs can be considered intellectual property, nor can carbs, or standing j-hooks. Those are about function.

That would be like Arizer telling you to stop making Solo GonGs. They can't, and it would be stupid because they can't keep up, so that opened the door for you. Wherever there is backlog, someone will step in to fill the gap. It doesn't make sense to say you don't have time, and complain when someone makes the time. There has to be room for everybody.

How can you have too much work, and still care what anyone else is doing? I'm not saying any of this to be popular or be supportive. I'm saying it out of love for you as a person. Before you take care of yourself as an artist, you have to take care of you as a human.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I'm saying there's plenty of room in the glass game for new ideas. Why bite others shit?

I contacted Andy when I started making nano gongs and asked if he ever had plans on them being worked. He said no I asked if I could, he said yes. It's just the polite thing to do. That is my point. Also I could understand if I had left the gongs in the dust for different designs in the prodo setting. But those gongs ARE my prodo. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

If a blower has some revolutionary idea for gongs (ahem like working them or adding a carb) then by all means go for it and knock me off the top spot. But don't make money just copying my shit. Idunno I guess I come from a different class of people than some. I came up tiny town, dirt floor poor with respect and morals manners and an old soul. This day and age that class of folks is few and far between it seems.

Either way it's been handled.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Everyone bites, right? How do you think the first dude who came up with slit perc feels? Do you pay royalties or give props to whoever started doing drips? Or carbs? No, we all steal, and we are all stolen from. You're very creative. Now that you've been sampled, time to come up with the next thing...

You're way too talented to be getting hung up on carbed gongs, brother.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Yes. That's just my point @syrupy. The next thing isn't my prodo work. This thing is. I made my point. If you wanna do it then change it so it's urs not mine. That's what I did. U gotta be able to see where I'm coming from brotha?

Carb gongs are what pay my bills and feed my children right now. So yes I feel being hung up on them being bitten is exactly what I should be doing.

Again though. This has been handled.

NickDlow

Log Hog
I don't think GonGs can be considered intellectual property, nor can carbs, or standing j-hooks. Those are about function.

That would be like Arizer telling you to stop making Solo GonGs. They can't, and it would be stupid because they can't keep up, so that opened the door for you. Wherever there is backlog, someone will step in to fill the gap. It doesn't make sense to say you don't have time, and complain when someone makes the time. There has to be room for everybody.

How can you have too much work, and still care what anyone else is doing? I'm not saying any of this to be popular or be supportive. I'm saying it out of love for you as a person. Before you take care of yourself as an artist, you have to take care of you as a human.

IMO it's not about business ethics or patents or whatever. It's about respect! I would not say the same if someone took the idea to another blower off FC.

But to blatantly take someone's idea that was created on FC by one hell of a guy to another blower on FC, who I'm sure is a great guy too is just disrespectful IMO. Especially without asking for his blessing to do so.

Maybe we're from the some place josh, either that or we're crazy :shrug:

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
IMO it's not about business ethics or patents or whatever. It's about respect! I would not say the same if someone took the idea to another blower off FC.

But to blatantly take someone's idea that was created on FC by one hell of a guy to another blower on FC, who I'm sure is a great guy too is just disrespectful IMO. Especially without asking for his blessing to do so.

Maybe we're from the some place josh, either that or we're crazy :shrug:

But my point is, where's the respect for the guy who first started doing drips? There is none, because everyone bit that idea. We wouldn't even know how to give credit. Everyone steals. The idea for the carbed GonG was from the FC community. Should the mods get a kickback? See how shaky "ownership" is?

I'm just an open source kind of guy. If I want a scientific adapter, I'll hit DHGate or OGB or anybody including Joda. If I want something worked, I'll be coming to Joda. But I get from the artist's view, that may look and feel different. Glad to hear it's worked out.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I made a carbed gong for myself as soon as I saw claisens being used on the nano. It caught in like wildfire. I'm pretty sure that could be considered a sort of a bite but I enhanced and consolidated and filled a gap. Not squished into an already occupied space. And as for giving props is concerned, anyone who's style I may have been inspired by always gets a shout out from me even though I know they'll probably never see it. Do I do it for every piece with drips? No. Did I at one point or another when I started making them? Absolutely. I hate the idea of patents and intellectual property, especially with glass. It's 100% about respect and just being a decent human being. Which btw is exactly what I got from OGB and gave in return.

nihil

Member, Known Well
Silly idea, and I'm going to post it here (since this has been the focal point of a topic being discussed in a few other threads):

Lack of Quality GonGs.

@ACE OF VAPE recently mentioned difficultly procuring quality and consistent GonGs.
@VaPeD&CoNfUsEd came up with custom "heady" GonGs. We also got the carbed GonG. He is now overworked and stressed, but looking into going into production.
@Oregonglassblower creates quality "scientific" glass.
@nihil is a consumer that just wants to get high with his enano and some glass.

Can the three of you get together, have a virtual beer, and figure something out? This would not only benefit all three of you, but it would benefit the community tremendously. I'm assuming this is a small community, so not a lot of money, but it's probably a worthwhile uptick for all three of you to look into.

I'm stoned, this is none of my business, and I'm throwing it out there. Cheers.

Top Bottom