Is vaping as good as we think/hope?

Adobewan

Disagree 1000% :)
Cannabis is a true miracle medicine so please don't broadcast that it does more harm than good. Used properly (vaped) and in moderation, it assists the body's own endocannabinoid system to "heal itself".
After reviewing research from all over the world and anecdotal evidence (I've done hundreds of hours worth of review/studying), the only logical conclusion for me is that cannabis is the greatest medicine ever created and on a benefit to harm scale it would be 10,000 to 1.

The alterations to your body/mind/spirit from cannabis are GOOD alterations.
So we'll agree to disagree here :)
Multiple Multi-like x 1,000

Techn!d0n

Just want to add my two. I'm an athlete, I grew up smoking from a young age. I used to get yearly upper respiratory bronchitis when I smoked. I told my doc and he said that this is the norm from MJ smoking. Every year at the same time I would get it. I found FC back in 2010. I started to purely VAPE that year. I have gone back to the doc and he has been blown away from my lung ability within the last 5 years. So, in short vaping is VERY good for you. I'm in total belief that it is the greatest medicine on this planet, our bodies have developed an endocrine system for it, meaning that we are meant for each other. Just my two

hashmasta kut

oil vapes the best!
This thread topic is not really up for debate guys! Amazing a bunch of vape elitists would spend so much time mulling this over :D

hashmasta kut,

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Is there any truth that vaping gets rid of the paranoia/anxiety effects that some people get with THC by removing unwanted chemicals ?

I am not sure of the exact science but I read about it online somewhere.

No. Not true.

I can obviously only speak for myself but I definitely eliminated the anxiety associated with weed usage. Smoked a couple of joints after having eliminated combustion for a few months and it was back. Absolutely hated the feeling, will never smoke again. Never felt like that when high due to vaping.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Cannabis is a true miracle medicine so please don't broadcast that it does more harm than good. Used properly (vaped) and in moderation, it assists the body's own endocannabinoid system to "heal itself".
After reviewing research from all over the world and anecdotal evidence (I've done hundreds of hours worth of review/studying), the only logical conclusion for me is that cannabis is the greatest medicine ever created and on a benefit to harm scale it would be 10,000 to 1.

Where the hell is the "Love " button?

I'm living proof of this.

Unfortunately at one point (And ironically now as well) I have/must take a short Break from Cannabinoid uptake.

I have A.S. (Auto Immune Deficiency)

And almost a decade ago, I had used cannabis to treat my pain..
Well, my hips got SOOO bad, I couldn't walk any longer, I was literally doubled over in pain all the time.

I was still working full time at that.. Had to buy a walker, just to continue working.

Finally could not bear the pain anymore, balling my eyes out every night at 3am.

So, I stopped my cannabis so I could seek out pain management.
Believe me, I never wanted to be on pain management .

Well, I got myself in... And noticed my weight dropping rapidly.. I could not eat, I was nauseated all the time.

My pain doc noticed the huge change in vitals.. (I lost 50lbs in 6 months.... Looked and felt like shit.)... And asked me...
"Have you considered Cannabis?"

I almost jumped outta my chair in joy.

Well, now that SUPER AMAZING Doctor is now retired.

I was transferred to a new Doctor, in which so far, She is not familiar with me, so her "Policy " is No Cannabis.

Well, I'm sure that my health will deteriorate again, it doesn't take long at all.

Tomorrow is the beginning of a 2 week T-Break in which I'll probably have my Rheumatologist take over my pain management.. Or find a new Doc.

I tried weaning off these fuckers, but the pain is overwhelming...
I dropped all the way from 480mg to 60mg in about 2 weeks...

I could barely move. More so... I could not get in the garden the way I need to, my garden is my sanctuary, not only my meds, but 3 others in real pain depend on me and my garden also.

FuckAutoimmuneDisease.

Last edited:

TRON_iC

X1000 for sure! My metabolism was always good, but I can tell that it's far better when I am smoking to when I wasn't. I sleep much better, and I'm genuinely happier and more easygoing which are some of immediate and long term benefits. Another thing I noticed is my eyes got better! I got glasses in 8th grade and immediately went from -1 to -2 over the course of three years. I started smoking senior yr of high school and every year my eyes got better by .25, back to -1 when I stopped again. My eye doctor was always astonished! When I started again I was back at -2 and one year later guess where I am; -1.75! I am willing to put money that I'll be down to -1.5 at least.

Noooooot to mention I drink a whole let less when I can puff

howie105

Unfortunately at one point (And ironically now as well) I must take a short Break from Cannabinoid uptake.

Well, my hips got SOOO bad, I couldn't walk any longer, I was literally doubled over in pain all the time.

I was still working full time at that.. Had to buy a walker, just to continue working.

Finally could not bear the pain anymore, balling my eyes out every night at 3am.

Well, I got myself in... And noticed my weight dropping rapidly.. I could not eat, I was nauseated all the time.

My pain doc noticed the huge change in vitals.. (I lost 50lbs in 6 months.... Looked and felt like shit.)... And asked me...

I was transferred to a new Doctor, in which so far, She is not familiar with me, so her "Policy " is No Cannabis.

Well, I'm sure that my health will deteriorate again, it doesn't take long at all.

Tomorrow is the beginning of a 2 week T-Break in which I'll probably have my Rheumatologist take over my pain management.. Or find a new Doc.

I could barely move. More so... I could not get in the garden the way I need to, my garden is my sanctuary, not only my meds, but 3 others in real pain depend on me and my garden also.

FuckAutoimmuneDisease.

If you had a good enough relationship, call up your old Doctor explain your situation and see if he can make a recommendation. It would also be nice to thank the Doc for its service.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
If you had a good enough relationship, call up your old Doctor explain your situation and see if he can make a recommendation. It would also be nice to thank the Doc for its service.
This is exactly what I was thinking... We got along extremely well.

I'm still in contact with him via email, and I love showing my gratitude for his years of empathy.

I'm not sure if I'd be around today if it weren't for him.

I'm in hopes that he can contact the new Doctor (She actually bought his office, so they do have a rapport ...)

Thanks howie! Sound advice as per usual.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I'm really glad that this thread has taken a positive turn, was looking a little grim a page ago...

Nice to see people appreciate this wonderful herb instead of doubting it...

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Nice to see people appreciate this wonderful herb instead of doubting it...

I think we should avoid glorifying it as well, it still is a drug and can have beneficial or negative effects depending on how, when and how much you use it. I personally know people that had adverse effects on their lives and looking back I can definitely tell it have had a negative impact ony life when I was younger.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
But was it prohibition that caused your problems???

As for calling it a drug, I have an issue with that, to me it's no more of a drug that sugar...

I understand it can caus problems for certain people.

What defines a drug... a chemical compound that's put into the body that has an effect....

Most stuff does this...who decides what's called drugs or not...also sugar is probably more harmfull...

I have an issue with this as my government lies to our people about cannabis, saying things like it's deadlier than ever before!!!! So it has to be illegal, yet we continue to sell alcohol and tobacco...hypocrisy...

crawdad

floatin
when you have a group of converts who live healthier lives post conversion its hard not to feel wonderful to have found it and say as much...might sound elitist or glorifying but i think when you toss out the individualized filters we channel our thoughts through its just happiness. is with me. :peace:

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
But was it prohibition that caused your problems???

As for calling it a drug, I have an issue with that, to me it's no more of a drug that sugar...

I understand it can caus problems for certain people.

What defines a drug... a chemical compound that's put into the body that has an effect....

Most stuff does this...who decides what's called drugs or not...also sugar is probably more harmfull...

I have an issue with this as my government lies to our people about cannabis, saying things like it's deadlier than ever before!!!! So it has to be illegal, yet we continue to sell alcohol and tobacco...hypocrisy...

No, it wasn't prohibition but the substance effects to cause me problems. That said I am against every kind of prohibition as I think that everyone should be free to do everything he wants to with his own body as far as it doesn't harm other people. I also perfectly agree with your definition of drug but we cannot deny that, as for sugar, there are both positive and negative effects it can have on people's bodies and minds.

howie105

In a perfect world MJ would have the same depth of research and legal coverage as other accepted medical drugs but that ain't happening. There is not enough inducement to accomplish such a task, the federal government lacks the nerve to even pull the schedule one designation much less fund the necessary work, it would be stupid for the drug companies to shoot their bottom line in the foot and the user community doesn't have the resources. So as usual users are on their own for the most part, that is why we need to be as objective as possible when we discuss or suggest MJ as a medicinal.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
That said I am against every kind of prohibition as I think that everyone should be free to do everything he wants to with his own body as far as it doesn't harm other people.

Completely agree, you probably only get one short life on this earth, I'll be dammed if I let some prick in a suit tell me I can't consume something that grows naturally on this earth, that makes my life livable....

Seriously why do we follow all this shit...

Why a laws localised...that's bullshit...
Right and wrong is right and wrong, doesn't matter where you are...

We all know what's right and wrong, if no one gets hurt why are these things illegal..

Commander Cody

During a recent doctor visit my wife had an opportunity to see her blood oxygen levels for the last 5 years or so. Our change from smoke to vapor began 3 years ago. Before that time her blood oxygen levels were 94-96%. Six months after exclusively vaporizing those levels reached 98% and have remained there. It would be interesting to see if anyone else has records that show similar results.

lwien

During a recent doctor visit my wife had an opportunity to see her blood oxygen levels for the last 5 years or so. Our change from smoke to vapor began 3 years ago. Before that time her blood oxygen levels were 94-96%. Six months after exclusively vaporizing those levels reached 98% and have remained there. It would be interesting to see if anyone else has records that show similar results.

I never took notice of my blood oxygen levels when I was smoking but I've been vaping now for about 8 years and my most recent levels are at 100%.

TboneToker

I swapped smoking for vaping 100% and immediately noticed lots of benefits that im very happy with. Its well documented that vaping is much better thank smoking, which im not questioning. The thing is, everyones seen the nasty pictures of smokers lungs after the smoke goes in there and I dont know if im correct to presume this, but I was under the impression that with vaping this doesnt happen and basically your lungs will not get stained/clogged

But if you look at any vaporizer after use there is a build up of gunk and logic says that if the vapour is gunking up the vaporizer, then it must also be gunking up our lungs, and if thats the case, then maybe vaporizing isnt as positive as we, or maybe just I, thought

Does anyone else have any thoughts or information on this?
The thing about the gunk is that it's mostly active chemicals especially of you go through water there's less particles and it's even cleaner aka less gunk

Unfortunately at one point (And ironically now as well) I have/must take a short Break from Cannabinoid uptake.

FuckAutoimmuneDisease.

Come to Canada or I bet the US has places you can order good product online!!

Last edited by a moderator:

woolspinner

The Volcano is classed as a medical device, I don't think that would happen if it deposited crap in your lungs. Also, empirical/anecdotal evidence held me that it does not.

I'll continue to hold and voice my own opinion on the matter, of that's OK with you?

Devil's advocate says the Dalkan Shield was a medical device, too. Just sayin'

No doubt, vaping is better than smoking. But inhaling anything but clean air poses some risk. We just do not yet know what the risk is. When I am 84 (40 years from now) maybe I will have to use oxygen, for all I know, because of years of vaping. But, does an unknown risk outweigh the known risks associated with my anxiety, depression, and migraines? Not in my book!

Life is risk. I have been too cautious when I should have been bold, and too bold when caution was needed, and sometimes I get it right. Life is also without any guarantee, except, of course, death and taxes.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@woolspinner Not to be confused with the contraceptive intra uterus device the Dalkon Shield that they no longer make or use.

I smoked cannabis for 25+ years and was amazed at the difference how I felt after I kicked cannabis combustion. I sleep better, I no longer cough up crap coming up from my lungs. My sense of smell and taste improved. I no longer could smell the lingering smoke in my nose. Overall I just felt better physically. I hated how my skin, hair and clothes would pick up the cannabis smoke.

I noticed that I would catch colds and or a virus more often when I combusted.

I like that I no longer have to worry about a stinky house. I use cannabis wherever I please (I'm careful in public) whether it's outside or in. I don't have to hide the smell because there isn't much of one.

I felt like I had a new lease on life after I started vaporizing. So glad that I found this community or I still might be combusting. It takes support to fuckcombustion because it doesn't happen over night, it takes a couple weeks at least. I also thank folks here for giving me the confidence to get my medical card.

Maybe you can't get cancer in your lungs from smoking cannabis but you sure as hell could get COPD. My dad died from smoking cigs from COPD.

Edit
I used to burn those incense sticks. I'm sure that was also unhealthy. They produce little pieces of soot in the air.

Last edited:

Scott A

Stuff like this is why no one takes us seriously. You sound like a snake oil salesman.

MinnBobber

Stuff like this is why no one takes us seriously. You sound like a snake oil salesman.
WTF man, please get your head out of the sand.
- Have you seen/met families with epileptic kids go from 80 seizures a day to a couple a week? I have
- Have you seen seen/met folks with Crohn's Disease get med cannabis and suddenly have a normal life? I have
- Have you seen pain patients be able to reduce their oxy-drugs by 80% or 100%? I have
- Have you read about the bodies biggest system of receptors and control system, the endocannabinoid system and how cannabis supplements it?
- Do you realize cannabis has been used for thousands of years to treat diseases, before the diseases even had a name? LOL
- Have you read the med cannabis studies from Israel on cannabis for their PTSD vets and their "Spectacular" results? While the US vets with PTSD commit suicide -- 22 PER DAY.
- Have you read about the 16,000 prescription pain killer deaths in US every year? AND... in states with med cannabis, those deaths DROP BY 24.8 %?
- Do you realize no one has ever died from a cannabis overdose? See previous line
- Have you seen/met an amputee who was in constant crippling pain in the missing leg, until cannabis?
- Have you seen/met migraine patients who say cannabis is the only relief after trying dozens/ all the possible traditional med treatments?

I could go on and on so snake oil it's not.
A herb that can do all of this has only one possible designation--- a miracle herb that helps your own body help itself/heal itself.

P.S. "stuff like this" is why everyone should have a right to cannabis

Top Bottom