yolky

To avoid the thread stripping problem:

Always unscrew the stem right after you complete a session (when the unit is still warm). If you attempt to unscrew the stem after a session, say the next day or even week, you risk breaking it off as there is resin that is already hardened between the threading. If the unit is warm, you will have no problems unscrewing the stem.

yolky,

pktrkt1

I was using Ronson butane and my Iolite stopped igniting. I bought a 5.5oz can of Bernzomatic from home depot for $4 and its back to happy vaping.

pktrkt1,

dmanshep

I have one of these i'd sell someone for 120 shipped in the usa it has 2 mouth peices and is in mint condition with no problems whatsoever.. paypal only and will ship priority mail.. only used a couple times with spice and runs perfect .. comes like new with everything..

hit me up @ dmanshep@gmail.com for ?'s

dmanshep,

Josh42

New to the forum. Read the whole thread over the last 2 days. Massive amount of information here, thanks for that! Thanks to this thread I am seriously considering buying an Iolite but would like to know how it compares to a Vapor Genie.

Since I had no previous vaporizing experience (tobacco free for two weeks now) I bought a Vapor Genie a few weeks ago. It was the cheap way to try a product that gets pretty good review everywhere. I've been using it pretty much every night for 2-3 weeks now.

At first it took some getting used to as I certainly missed the "filling" and "instant hit" sensation of tobacco smoke, but now that I do no longer expect it and have gotten used to the more delayed and mellow/head high vaporizers seem to cause I am sold.

The VG does take some getting used to though as you have to learn how tegulate the heat with the flame yourself. So it seems that, at least in that regard, the Iolite is more idiot proof as you cannot burn the herbs.

I was wondering though how the hits compare to the VG.

I don't weigh much, so smaller hits are definitely better (not to mention more economical). I also do not smoke/use that much. Probably less than 1g a month, which translated into rolling one cigarette size spliff (with tobacco) a night, possibly two if I felt adventurous.

I love that I can take one or two hits on the VG, then just put it aside and come back to it a few hours later, or even the next day. The taste does not appear to suffer when I do this.

How is the Iolite for 1-3 hits? Or is the vapor not as "potent" and it takes more hits on the Iolite than on the VG?

Josh42,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
dmanshep - Josh42 , welcome to FC

dmanshep - You must have 30 days membership and 10 posts to post items for sale

Josh42 - iolite isn't so great for a couple of hits then leaving it . the iolite needs a few minutes warm up time to work properly . once it maintains it's set temp , it doesn't use as much butane , but it does take more butane to heat up from cold , so i wouldn't recommend it for a couple of hits here and there , it would end up being a real pig on butane. You also mentioned something bout mixing tobacco with weed for spliffs , I would not recommend that combo in a vaporizer. If you want to vaporize tobacco you would be better off using a separate unit then what you use for MJ , not a good combo in a vape .

Samsquanch,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Also I have found that when using just enough herb to get one to two hits in the iolite is not as satisfying as it is in the VG.... the vapor to air ratio is off in the iolite when you put too little herb into the chamber.
Also too much work and hassle of turning the Io on and off for two hits... something that would take several minutes when compared to the VG.

DevoTheStrange,

luchiano

luchiano,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Listening through the link to get to it, Listening to iolite part.
got to mix herbs n beads, even mix, put into chamber. sounds like the glass is distributing the heat more evenly throughout the entire bowl. Uses Less material, but I bet you can get all the vape out of that stuff quick....the guy on the audio says it hits pretty big from the beginning more so than without the beads. He also reports that the hits visually look thicker... maybe it is also causing the iolite chamber to run warmer than it normally would?
would suck to fish the beads out of the ABV.
I think you may need a high quality glass bead, people on other forums have been trying this and the beads have been shattering... so I guess you would need a neutral glass pyrex bead that can handle the heat.

I do like the idea i also heard about eating mangos can help THC pass through the blood brain barrier. The relationship between myrcene and THC was one I was unaware of.

DevoTheStrange,

tradhead

Josh42 said:
New to the forum. Read the whole thread over the last 2 days. Massive amount of information here, thanks for that! Thanks to this thread I am seriously considering buying an Iolite but would like to know how it compares to a Vapor Genie.

Since I had no previous vaporizing experience (tobacco free for two weeks now) I bought a Vapor Genie a few weeks ago. It was the cheap way to try a product that gets pretty good review everywhere. I've been using it pretty much every night for 2-3 weeks now.

At first it took some getting used to as I certainly missed the "filling" and "instant hit" sensation of tobacco smoke, but now that I do no longer expect it and have gotten used to the more delayed and mellow/head high vaporizers seem to cause I am sold.

The VG does take some getting used to though as you have to learn how tegulate the heat with the flame yourself. So it seems that, at least in that regard, the Iolite is more idiot proof as you cannot burn the herbs.

I was wondering though how the hits compare to the VG.

I don't weigh much, so smaller hits are definitely better (not to mention more economical). I also do not smoke/use that much. Probably less than 1g a month, which translated into rolling one cigarette size spliff (with tobacco) a night, possibly two if I felt adventurous.

I love that I can take one or two hits on the VG, then just put it aside and come back to it a few hours later, or even the next day. The taste does not appear to suffer when I do this.

How is the Iolite for 1-3 hits? Or is the vapor not as "potent" and it takes more hits on the Iolite than on the VG?
I had an iolite, it died. I got a VG instead, virtually fool proof, simple and I dont have to feel embarrassed when My mates ask how much it cost! iI got a second, luckily cos the guards took my first off me, so now Im going to get another.... freeman dyson describes the Iolite unit very clearly above. I agree with him.

tradhead,

greystr0ke

So I have had my iolite for a week now and I have a few observations... First and foremost, it's consistently getting me blazed off my ass whenever I use it now. I've been averaging 3-5 times a day and have not used any other method of smoking. I sure do miss taking bong rips from the RooR though even though they make me pretty worthless. I wasn't planning on using the iolite or vaping for that matter 100% of the time but I'm enjoying how much better I feel without combustion that I have only been using it now. The unit itself has been working flawlessly but I feel like I definitely couldn't last 2 hours on a charge of butane. Maybe I just feel that way because I don't want to get stranded without any butane since I don't carry that around with me.

As far as conserving goods goes, I'm a little on the fence here. On one hand, the amount per session is definitely less than what I was using before. However, since this thing is so stealth, I find that I'm using it a lot more. :lol: Anyone else have this problem?

I took the screen out an hour ago and cleaned it. I couldn't believe how much build up I had on it already. I just used a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol to clean it and it looks brand new now. It was thoroughly cleaned and heated before use.

There are to many pieces! :p I'm always loosing something or another and it gets frustrating. I should probably stock up on some spare parts.

I'm thinking about getting the Extreme Q next so I don't burn out the iolite using it all the time since it seems they don't last too long.

greystr0ke,

theeleventhhour

So I got my Iolite a week ago and immediately put it to the fire test doing what I bought it to do: we went to the woods.

Slipped it and a fresh can of butane in my backpack on th way out of town, fired up once in my buddy's apartment but figured it out in the tent. Once I decided to remove my herb after two warming cycles/two hits and regrind it, then replace it in the vape, I began taking significant hits. Now that I've slowed down my inhale speed enough, I'm nearly coughing from the vapor. I doubt I'll use the moisture condenser, but maybe, once I get to the good herb. I bought this thing to use in the woods or on the move in the city without having to look like I was smoking a bowl or anything of the sort. So far I am quite pleased with it. I already own a Da Buddha Vaporizer and frankly, it took me roughly the same (if not less) time to get used to hitting the Iolite effectively. I would not be unhappy if the thermostat was 2 or 3 degrees hotter, but honestly, I get most of the THC out I feel, it just takes a little longer. I'm not the biggest fan of CBD and certainly not CBN and those are the higher-temp cannabinoids that (I think) people are concerned about missing with the relatively low 190C constant heat of the Iolite. IIRC, that's just above the threshold vaping point of pure THC.

Anyways, I'm rambling. I hit the woods for good in 8 days. I'll drop in with a field test now and then if i can.

Good vape though, I recommend for staying high on the job or while driving.

theeleventhhour,

freeman dyson

yolky said:
To avoid the thread stripping problem:

Always unscrew the stem right after you complete a session (when the unit is still warm). If you attempt to unscrew the stem after a session, say the next day or even week, you risk breaking it off as there is resin that is already hardened between the threading. If the unit is warm, you will have no problems unscrewing the stem.
thanks. it still shouldnt break like that though. i bought 3 new metal moutpieces from vapeworld for $12 so it wasnt that big of a deal. i was putting the moisture condenser in there. i wonder if that contributed to it. the dry and hot hair irritates my throat and chest so I was seeing if the moisture condenser would help. You put it at at the very bottom of the first/lowest stem piece right?

freeman dyson,

Joe Blogs

Hi everybody, new here as you can see.

Was just looking for some friendly advice/tips on the Iolite.

Basically i've been stuck on which vape to go with over the past week or so (Its my first)

Decided i was going to bite the bullet last night so i looked through loads of sites checking prices, specs, reviews ect. and the Iolite took my fancy (not really planning to use it on the go much but is ideal due to my current living status)

Anyway i came across this site and topic and began reading through right from the start where max got his and tradheads broke, after about an hour or so i relised everything i was reading was from 2 years ago (I sprinkled a bowls worth into my cuppa and necked it, i didnt even relise i was baked till i notced i was reading the old info) anyway i was so tired i flicked to the last couple of pages seen some poeple saying it was still good and slightly improved too, so i just went ahead and orderd one. (expexting it tomorrow :) ) (and yes i did all so notice people saying about the mouth peices or something brakeing, i was to tired to care though :lol: )

Sorry if i seem lazy here (and about the big story above lol), theres just so much info and again . . . its getting late, but i wonderd if someone could basically sum up any tips/advice about the Iolite they could give, things like what to watch out for brakeing and how to prevent it. Things to be carefull with, anything that improves user experience, anything like that would be much appriciated by me, and proberly alot of other users (2000+ post is alot to trape through lol)

Thanks in advance to anyone offering any sort of help, any will be appriciated

Joe Blogs,

freeman dyson

the only way the iolite is worth is if you absolutely need stealth or portability. it is not worth it otherwise imo.

freeman dyson,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
freeman is 100% right, I only use mine everyday for my commute to and from work. It is very stealthy and efficient.

AgentofChaos,

Joe Blogs

Hi, need help ASAP, got my Iotlite today, completely forgot about the butane gas!

I have Ronson universal high grade lighter fluid gas. Is the what i need or is it diffrent from Butane.

It dose say on the back somewhere, "Caution Butane flammable" That is the only metion of the word butane so i dont know if this only contains butane or is butane.

HELP! :(

Joe Blogs,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
@ Heisenberg - No, supposed to burn butane clean and exhaust is ?steam if I remember properly.

@ Joe - If you're in the US Ronson is not a good brand of butane. A cigar shop might yield you a nice quintuple refined butane. Make sure it is butane GAS and not lighter fluid as in liquid. The Iolite uses GAS.

I believe some folks have used the crappy butanes once or twice but it isn't recommended and will clog up your Iolite. Good luck!

Lo,

Joe Blogs

Oh my, i need help again :(

Got my Iolite a couple days ago and tryed it out, is it supposed to make a constant hiss when heating up or ittermitant? Mines ittermitant, it kinda go's hissSS. . hissSS . .hisssSS. if that makes sense?

It's heating up, not really getting any visible vapor (Seen a little on a cople of draws) I've been sucking through slowly and long and can only taste it a little bit sometimes. After 3-4 draws my herbs are A light brown colour, dose this mean its working properly?

I have come to use it for only a second time today and now it wont ignight! I am getting a constant hiss of gas and i can see the blue spark when i click the button but nothing happens, no blue or orange glow after that and its not heating up. Is it just broke already or could i have done something wrong?

Joe Blogs,

SweetFx

Joe Blogs said:
Oh my, i need help again :(

Got my Iolite a couple days ago and tryed it out, is it supposed to make a constant hiss when heating up or ittermitant? Mines ittermitant, it kinda go's hissSS. . hissSS . .hisssSS. if that makes sense?

It's heating up, not really getting any visible vapor (Seen a little on a cople of draws) I've been sucking through slowly and long and can only taste it a little bit sometimes. After 3-4 draws my herbs are A light brown colour, dose this mean its working properly?

I have come to use it for only a second time today and now it wont ignight! I am getting a constant hiss of gas and i can see the blue spark when i click the button but nothing happens, no blue or orange glow after that and its not heating up. Is it just broke already or could i have done something wrong?
mine is doing the same when cold, once it is hot the hiss is constant, I thought at start it was air in the gas system but this did not fixed the ''problem'', appart from that it is starting everytime.

Wondering if I need to send it back or maybe it is normal going from cold ?

SweetFx,

Joe Blogs

Hmm, mine appears to be working again now, i sat it by a open window to cool down so mebie it was that. I think its possible that i didnt put the gas in properly aswel but i'm not sure (Not pressing hard enough?)

Anyway i just used it there, i put a bit more than i had been putting in the herb chamber (I had been putting a small 1/4 so i put it up to about 1/2 to 3/4 (of the chamber) and pre-heated the chamber before adding the herbs and then letting it run for a couple of mins (I hold my finger over the mouth piece while it is heating up with the herbs in, i feel like i could be loseing vapor if i dont. Sometimes i can smell it after about 1 min.)
Should i be doing this or do i need to be doing this or dose it have some sort of special way to stop the vapor "leaking" through the mouthpeice if it starts to relise before the herb is at its individual optimum tempararture?

Anyway the rusults where quite a bit better, it felt allot hotter (not really a good thing but it did make it feel like it was working) I could taste the vapor a bit more and got quite a bit more visible vapor (I wouldnt call it a thick vapor cloud but you could see patches of vapor here and there.

I think O&B should have user tips like these in the manual, it would save alot of confusion and worrie in first time users. After all, first impresions are important with the vaporising market getting bigger, im sure its very competitive.

Sorry if any of that is utter shite, i'm pretty blazed and that took forever to write lol :p.

Joe Blogs,

breakfastchef

In my limited experience with the iolote, it does not produce voluminous vapor as one would expect from a hookah. I think this device is a compromise between vaporizing and portability. It works well, but does not work phenomenally well.

breakfastchef,

vapovac

My iolite is, I can honestly say, my little buddy. I take it every where I go. I have had issues with trying to light it. It was so bad that at one point in time it just wouldn't light. I'm pretty good with fixing things, so I took it apart and fixed it. the problem was the positioning of the wire leading into the burner. That wire can't be pushed in to far. I adjusted it and replaced the piezo igniter that they had in there and put a stronger one in. I also glued the ignition wire to the inside of the unit itself to prevent it from moving out of position again. Now, my iolite starts the first or second time I click all the time. To send it away just so that it may happen again, to me, is not worth the trouble. I know now how it operates and can fix it any time. What I would like to now is, if I can, buy some of the other internal parts for it so I can replace them as well, if I have to. Vaping is the way to go. The key is slow inhalations. That vapor is no good hitting the inside of your mouth. You want to take it in slow so you can make sure that every last drop hits your lungs.

vapovac,

Joe Blogs

Breakfastchef - You pretty much said it there, i'm kinda dissapointed with it in that aspects, one of the reasons i was looking forward to vapeing was the stronger affects (I Tryed a cano' at a friends once and man i was baked, you know when fast inhaleing ciggarettes you can get what people call a nicotine rush. . . well i felt like i had a thc rush (It wasnt really a plesent felling but only lasted about 2-3 seconds and what followed was MUCH better :D ) Anyway i got my friend to drive me stright home where another friend joined me (Non -parteker) I could phiscally not stop laughing, the only words i could get out was to my friend that "I just cant stop it. It cant stop it". It took a couple of mins to say it tho lol.

Anyway with the Iolite, it dose the job, but nothing exciting, i kinda just feel tingly and comfy and get the munchies.

I feel like tradeing it in for something else but its just too ideal for me (Stealth wise)

Vapovac - sounds perfect for you, specially if you can get hold of internal spare parts. I dont think i would be confidant enough to start playing about inside it though

Joe Blogs,
Top Bottom