max

Out to lunch
lwien said:
illadelph said:
i always heard vector sucked so i searched for higher quality butane and ended up with colibri......
5x rifined Vector sucked? I've heard that it's the best.
It's all I use. It doesn't suck. It enables the sucking of vapor. Vaporstore likes it too and they don't sell junk.

max,

nostalgia

Nostalgia
Thanks for the pic Reece, I wasn't sure whether to go diagonally or vertically. Vertically makes a lot more sense though. Your purple II looks sick! I like mine in green too but in general the II/IO is a sexy little piece of stoner technology!

max said:
I think we need to start a petition for an all black iolite. No little dots as eye catchers either. The io rep has said they'd make a black one if there was enough demand. The colors are nice, but it is a stealth design. After all, you don't see chrome on a sniper rifle. ;)
I would most definitely get a second one if there was a matte black stealth version. I would go as far as to say there should be no logo, or at least something really understated. I already covered up the logo on my II so the word inhale wouldn't be visible. And Max if you play the video game Army of Two you will see chrome and gold, gem encrusted sniper rifles. I love not reality! Hahaha.

I use Colibri and it's good shiz.

nostalgia,

kalinga

guys, how do you remove the herb stains inside the pin chamber? I've been using mine without the pin mesh screen. I regularly clean it with iso. I remove the pin and fill the chamber with iso and let it soak for 24 hours(topping it thrice due to evaporation)
I was able to remove most of the stains but upon close inspection, there are still some stubborn discoloration left.

The other parts are very easy to clean except the pin chamber. It seems oglesby employed a different type of metal(aluminum?) for the pin chamber as compared with the ss herb chamber. I can make the herb chamber look brand new with just a few hours dip into iso. Any other tips?

kalinga,

Shazbuckle

What's the efficiency off this like?

I've never used a vaporizer before so don't compare it to the PD :)

The bowl is .5g, how much vap would I get if I put .25g in there?

Shazbuckle,

max

Out to lunch
illadelph said:
sorry guys i was thinking of ronson. my bad. :ko:
I also used that at first, before I could locate and acquire some higher quality, lower priced fuel. The US version of Ronson is supposed to be lower quality than the European, but I honestly had no problem with it. The iolite does have a filtration system for getting rid of butane impurities, but it makes sense to use high quality fuel and not depend on the unit to clean up any garbage in the butane.

Shazbuckle said:
What's the efficiency off this like?
I've never used a vaporizer before so don't compare it to the PD
The bowl is .5g, how much vap would I get if I put .25g in there?
You'd get .25g worth of vapor. Sorry, but it's not really a good question. Efficiency is a tricky term when applied to vaporizers. The iolite, like any good name brand vape, will give you efficient vaporization if you use it efficiently. If you empty your lungs prior to a hit, and take a long, slow draw and get your lungs so full of vapor that you have to immediately exhale a huge cloud, that's inefficient, but it's you being inefficient, not the vape. If you take smaller hits so that you can absorb the vapor prior to exhaling, that's efficient. Since the temp is fixed, you don't have the chance to overcook your bowl and lose vapor that way. So although the fairly large bowl gives you the opportunity to be inefficient, maybe even encouraging it, it's not really a wasteful vaporizer unless you do the wasting.

max,

Shazbuckle

Sorry, I should probably completely rephrase my question.

If I get a gram of weed, will I get more out of the gram by vaporizing it with this, or smoking it with joints?

Shazbuckle,

max

Out to lunch
As for getting more THC out of vapor vs. smoke, the consensus is that more THC is lost in the burn process and through side stream smoke, while vapor is considered a better method of processing.

max,

kalinga

max said:
I think we need to start a petition for an all black iolite. No little dots as eye catchers either.
I removed the label on mine. nice and stealthy.

iiblack.jpg

kalinga,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I've been using my Iolite on vacation a lot. It's a great stealth unit. Walking around downtown or sitting on a bench. If people ever look at me I act like I'm pressing buttons or talk into it.

After using it all day (for several days) though I do get a sore throat it seems. I have to be careful. It could be the hot humid air I'm not use to as well.

And I've been using Ronson just fine. i'll get some other stuff soon enough. I've only had to fill the thing twice.

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
SA - 100% agreed my man, otherwise mine would get used more often. For traveling, this thing is the shiznat!

stonemonkey55,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
Durden said:
How hot is the unit to hold without the label?
no difference really. i love the way my unit looks now. just wondering though, how did you get rid of the little bit of sticky residue that it leaves behind kalinga?

illadelph,

rukus13

SpiralArchitect said:
I've been using my Iolite on vacation a lot. It's a great stealth unit. Walking around downtown or sitting on a bench. If people ever look at me I act like I'm pressing buttons or talk into it.

After using it all day (for several days) though I do get a sore throat it seems. I have to be careful. It could be the hot humid air I'm not use to as well.

And I've been using Ronson just fine. i'll get some other stuff soon enough. I've only had to fill the thing twice.
Mouth bong it up my friend. Get a nice cold drink and take a sip then gently bubble your vapor through it. Sounds complicated but it isn't, took a try or two to get it right but it totally eliminates any harshness related to the heat. I do this every chance I get with both the IO and the PD or MZ.

rukus13,

niall

kalinga: any chance we could get some closeups of both sides? I've only seen an iolite briefly but I'm wondering how the unit is held together - is there a service screw underneath one of the labels? I'd like to take one apart and post some internals here on the site, and maybe look into homebrew mods such as an improved crucible insert for hash and oil, maybe some nice wood veneer instead of the labels, or making it look more like a mobile phone or something...

niall,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
ok so i still havent gotten my unit to working every time 100%. i think that it might have something to do with the way im filling it with the butane. anybody have any tips? im wondering how hard i should press the tip of the butane to the unit because no matter what if i depress the pin all the way, butane sprays. when i just press lightly, i hear it fill up but it never gets to the point of overflowing like it says in the manual it will. i have tried depressing the pin to let out all air and/or butane and refilling it several times but i always get the same result. whenever i get it working, it might last 1 or 2 sessions before it wont gas up anymore. im trying to figure out if this one is defective or not. :uhoh:

illadelph,

kalinga

Durden said:
How hot is the unit to hold without the label?
yup, no difference as far as i can tell

illadelph said:
how did you get rid of the little bit of sticky residue that it leaves behind kalinga?
i dabbed some adhesive remover paste and buffed away.

niall said:
kalinga: is there a service screw underneath one of the labels? I'd like to take one apart and post some internals here on the site,
There are 2 service screws (torx) under the label.

iotorx.jpg

Any tips on how to remove the stubborn stains within the pin chamber? I tried iso but..

kalinga,

roney

hey all - i have my I-I since December and so far it is has been ire! :)

However these past few days i am having trouble getting it to work correctly. I reckon it has to do with a possible air pocket in the gas chamber. I have tried to empty the gas out a few times using the little tool that comes with the unit. It empties out the gas ok but when i try to refill the unit i do not get the 'overflow' that i useta get every time I refilled it previously. #

Now what happens is that i start to fill it with gas and NO overflow occurs. It appears that the gas in not going in at all as I can hold the butane in place 'filling up' as long as I want without the overflow occuring.

This theory is confirmed when I try to fire up the unit but it barely comes to life before 'puttering' out. It appears only a tiny amount of gas is going in. This is unusual as I have found it to be no problem filling it with gas over the last 6 months.

I am guessing an air pocket? Anyone else got a solution? I have emptied it several times but to no avail.

Thanks to all on the coolest vapur site online!:)

roney,

rayski

I took the stickers off of my II for looks and because they felt sticky when they got warm. I think the all black looks and feels so much better.

But this post by Iolite has me concerned: "We would not recommend it but peeling off the stickers won't affect the performance of the unit in anyway. It may or may not delay the warranty process as we would be looking for other signs of tampering. We can do all black labels though if enough people want them." Because removing a sticker could be the first step of dismantling, I may have compromised my warranty.

Iolite should offer an all black model for it's stealthiness, as some do have to use it covertly.

rayski,

max

Out to lunch
Because removing a sticker could be the first step of dismantling, I may have compromised my warranty.
No, it just means they're likely to be more suspicious of other alterations. But since there really isn't much you can do to 'customize' this vape to the extent of voiding the warranty, I wouldn't worry about it. They'll just spend a few more minutes making sure you haven't changed anything else.

max,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
SA - After using it all day (for several days) though I do get a sore throat it seems. I have to be careful. It could be the hot humid air I'm not use to as well.
I have noticed that too. I think it is from the particles that get through the wide-gauged screen combined with the dry heat.

tip: The mouthpiece of the Iolite makes a decent seal in water-pipe bowls as is, and a great seal in bowls or GonG water-pipes with a rubber o-ring that you can get at any hardware store ;) . My advice, SA...find yourself a water-pipe (and take off those loud stickers when in public :p )

Progress,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Unfortunately, no go for the water-pipe. Too risky/much work staying relatives houses/always on the go. I have been using the mouthbong technique but that only does so much.

Past few days I've been letting the thing do about 2-3 cycles before I hit it. That irritating hot air is just replaced with thicker vapor.

Is anyone else piezo ignition take about 3-4 clicks before it 'catches'?

I'm not sure if its my butane, my unit, the humidity or just the device ; but I have to click it at least 3 times (sometimes twice) before it will ignite. I was walking the other day and was so frustrated after about 10 clicks and it wouldn't catch.

And as far as filling the iolite up. I cram the fucker full. Usually I fill up the top compartment lightly, then stuff in some deep in the bottom part, packing it down with the tool included. I'm not sure if its the most efficient method but it delivers a lot more vapor, faster -- which is ideal when only a few minutes are to spare for toking.

SpiralArchitect,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
roney said:
hey all - i have my I-I since December and so far it is has been ire! :)

However these past few days i am having trouble getting it to work correctly. I reckon it has to do with a possible air pocket in the gas chamber. I have tried to empty the gas out a few times using the little tool that comes with the unit. It empties out the gas ok but when i try to refill the unit i do not get the 'overflow' that i useta get every time I refilled it previously. #

Now what happens is that i start to fill it with gas and NO overflow occurs. It appears that the gas in not going in at all as I can hold the butane in place 'filling up' as long as I want without the overflow occuring.

This theory is confirmed when I try to fire up the unit but it barely comes to life before 'puttering' out. It appears only a tiny amount of gas is going in. This is unusual as I have found it to be no problem filling it with gas over the last 6 months.

I am guessing an air pocket? Anyone else got a solution? I have emptied it several times but to no avail.

Thanks to all on the coolest vapur site online!:)
this is the same problem im having.

illadelph,
Top Bottom