wakenvape

Just the mouthpiece and me and my mate even started blowing o's in the sun cause of the huge hits were getting. It took a while but by the second bowl it was all visible vapor i love it!

wakenvape,

Chimera

i just got one of these things today. it is so easy to use, and i am really feeling the amazing effects. any neat tips or tricks or do i already know what i need to know?

Chimera,

ctrgo

When I'm finished using my iolite there is about 30 - 40% substance left over and it's brown (green when I packed it). Can I reuse this or do I discard it?

By the way, love my Iolite.

ctrgo,

Chimera

i have been keeping my vaped weed in a bag. the iolite doesnt get hot enough to get ALL of the thc, but it gets most. you can get the last out of it if you save it and either bake with it, smoke it, or vaporize it at a higher temperature.

Chimera,

redshift

ctrgo said:
When I'm finished using my iolite there is about 30 - 40% substance left over and it's brown (green when I packed it). Can I reuse this or do I discard it?
That stuff is called vapor poo or duff. It still has a quite a lot of cannabinoids, but I wouldn't suggest trying to vape it again, it'll taste weird and probably won't do much. Smoking it will taste like crap. You can make green dragon (of a sort) with it, make quick-wash iso (ask google), or make cannabutter with it. qwiso is easy, but cannabutter is easier to cook with.

Keep it in a baggie or small container. Doesn't matter if it's airtight (I think) but it can't hurt.

redshift,

Petrosolius

Does anyone know if i can use premium ZIPPO gas? It is bought in germany, and says it would be iso-butane. I googled, and i found iso-butane has a slightly lower melting/steaming temperature. Or does it harm the iolite? Havent tried it already...

Petrosolius,

Raf007

Retailer
no you can't ! if you do so it might clog it.

only premium gas , aka no impurity gaz, like Colibri for ex.

look more in the same thread and you will find more info than you need ;)

Raf007,

TyphlosionDragon

So I got my iolite back up and running again,yay! Now all I need is a proper grinder lol. Thus far I've been using a knife (yeah,not the best way I know). Anyone have any suggestions for an awesome grinder to pair with my iolite? I've had my eye on this 2'5 chromium crusher with like 4 pices or so for sometime,but I figured itd be a good idea to get some suggestions/opinions here first.
And another inquiry,lol. A STASH BOX. I've been searching FOREVER for a good one. Just something to hold my pieces,green and other related things in. I've looked at lock boxes,and wooden boxes and everything,but theyre either to big, to small(mostly too small) or the wooden wones have no latches (which id prefer) and just ugh. I'm just looking for a box of some sort,with a latch/lock of some sort,thats not to big,not too small and may have a compartment or so. Anyone have any ideas?
And before you suggest making one...don't lol.

TyphlosionDragon,

EL Diablo

wakenvape said:
It won't LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! FRUSTRATED TO THE MAX!!!!!
I press the piezo see the spark and nothing happens no light nothing i'm PISSED!
i got mine yesterday and it did the same thing. i had to mess with it a bit for it to work. tuned on and off a couple of times purged refilled then bamm it work like a charm. i wish i would have found this forum first some good tips here like small hits no bong rippers. learned that the hard way :lol:

i picked up some good quality butane and ordered some extra goodies like the tubing and extra can of butane to try out. will see how the tubing works.

quick question do you inhale while it heating up or when it is finished?

EL Diablo,

StickyShisha2

somebody on here said not to inhale while its hissing, saying it could contain CO.
i ran mine for 45 minutes in a shoe box with a CO detector and it never triggered it.
from my understanding of the catalyst, it should only off gas CO2 and water vapor.

StickyShisha2,

dub

vapor newb
StickyShisha said:
somebody on here said not to inhale while its hissing, saying it could contain CO.
i ran mine for 45 minutes in a shoe box with a CO detector and it never triggered it.
from my understanding of the catalyst, it should only off gas CO2 and water vapor.
kool thats good to know , i always wait for it to finish hissin inanyways
good stuff outta u with your experiment !!

dub,

greystr0ke

I always start off avoiding hitting it while it's hissing but I get impatient or end up getting pretty toasty and just say screw it.

Do most of you just use the mouthpiece (including a modified version) or do you guys also use the tubing? I can't imagine hitting mine without the tube. The mouthpiece irritated the hell out of my throat just after one bowl. With the tube on, I can hit it all day.... and I do. :lol:

greystr0ke,

redshift

TyphlosionDragon said:
So I got my iolite back up and running again,yay! Now all I need is a proper grinder lol. Thus far I've been using a knife (yeah,not the best way I know). Anyone have any suggestions for an awesome grinder to pair with my iolite? I've had my eye on this 2'5 chromium crusher with like 4 pices or so for sometime,but I figured itd be a good idea to get some suggestions/opinions here first.
Yeah, that'll work. Mostly you want a 4-piece one because there's a screen that catches the herb and below that a chamber that collects kief. Just smack it against your hand a couple of times after grinding and you'll have a nice pile of kief in no time.

Seriously don't worry about hitting it when it's hissing. The exhaust is a good distance from where the air comes in anyway and the heater works like a catalytic converter - long as it's hot enough (and it always is after your start your iolite), hydrocarbons go in, CO2 and H20 come out.

redshift,

mooterskooter

Hi guys,

Been reading this thread for several weeks, only just joined now.

I bought my iolite about 4 weeks ago. Very impressed with it. I have used nightly by myself for the past 4 weeks and with groups of friends a couple of times. It's great for passing around and keeping the 'social' aspect of toking.

However, last weekend a butter-fingered friend managed to drop the damn thing! The fall snapped the stem, not completely off so it is still useable but...there is now something rattling from within. The device still functions (though seemingly hotter, which I will get to). Should I be worried about the rattle?

Now the really worrying part is the apparent 'higher' temperature. I occasionally was getting clouds of vapour but I was always getting high so I was happy. Now, after the fall (though could be a coincidence*) I get VERY big clouds of something - could be vapour, could be smoke, how would I know?

And my herb begins to 'smoke' as I drop it directly into the bowl.

Please, if anyone knows what's going on I would really like the help. Don't really want to send it back, I'm enjoying it too much!

cheers.

* I say this as just before the 'fall' I was getting what appeared to be smoke as I dropped herb directly into the bowl.

mooterskooter,

redshift

Could be really thick vapor, the bowl holds heat for a little bit after you pull it apart. Is the duff black at all? If not, you're just getting vapor.

What part is rattling? If it's the stem/bowl part, unscrew it and check if anything's cracked. Honestly I can't see how a cracked part in the bowl bit could be a problem, but they're relatively cheap to replace. If it's the rest of it, you might email iolite about it. I doubt it's dangerous - if you'd broken the butane containment you'd probably know by now - but if you're worried it can't hurt to ask.

redshift,

mooterskooter

Thanks for answering :-)

redshift said:
Could be really thick vapor, the bowl holds heat for a little bit after you pull it apart. Is the duff black at all? If not, you're just getting vapor.

What part is rattling? If it's the stem/bowl part, unscrew it and check if anything's cracked. Honestly I can't see how a cracked part in the bowl bit could be a problem, but they're relatively cheap to replace. If it's the rest of it, you might email iolite about it. I doubt it's dangerous - if you'd broken the butane containment you'd probably know by now - but if you're worried it can't hurt to ask.
No, the ABV is just darker green or brown - so that sounds promising yeah?

The actual bowl (the part attached to the main device) cannot be removed though can it?

There is definatly something moving about inside the device, if I tip it up I can hear it moving from one side to the other.

Are there any other ways to test if It's just vape as opposed to smoke? Or is the only way to examine the ABV?

mooterskooter,

greystr0ke

Mine rattles too. There was a discussion somewhere in this 100 page thread that it's absolutely normal for it to rattle and that came straight from the iolite rep.

I noticed that I have been getting bigger rips lately off mine too. Someone on here said that if you let the actual chamber inside the iolite get a little brown, it will give you thicker hits. I've just attributed my bigger hits to that and the fact that I know what I'm doing when I hit it now as opposed to a month ago when I was barely seeing any vapor.

greystr0ke,

mooterskooter

StickyShisha said:
what you hear rattling is most likely the clear plastic exhaust vent shield. Most of them rattle a bit.
No, this (I'm fairly certain) it something actually inside the device. As I said, I can tilt the iolite from end to end (side to side?) and can hear the #something# move from one end to the other.

I could be wrong, I will double check tonight.

I must say though, that having read through all 90-odd pages of this thread, there is a lot of negativity about the IO and I would have to point out one thing: A lot of the people who post about their issues are, like me, posting BECAUSE of the issue. I'm certain there are lots of people who are happy who DO NOT post. Perhaps I would not have posted if I had not encountered any issues...

mooterskooter,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
mooterskooter said:
I must say though, that having read through all 90-odd pages of this thread, there is a lot of negativity about the IO
What seemed like the main issues of negativity? I suspect it was the stem/mouthpiece as the most problematic issue. The original stems (when they used to be called "I-inhale") were all plastic, but seemed stronger than the ones issued later. Iolites used to come with two pair of stems.

People are still having problems with the stainless steal tipped stems.

Really, I'm surprised the manufacturers haven't solved this one yet. Unless they are looking for income from parts sales.

macbill,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
macbill said:

Really, I'm surprised the manufacturers haven't solved this one yet. Unless they are looking for income from parts sales.
I'm starting to wonder the same thing myself

Samsquanch,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Samsquanch said:
macbill said:

I'm starting to wonder the same thing myself
I think the honest truth is that the Iolite moved from a few hundred to many thousands of units in the wild. At this point new problems started to show up that hadn't been seen on a large scale before.

The basic design is very sound (it was my first vape but I'm not particularly sentimental), but it does have a few rough edges. These rough edges (stems that melt, fuse or snap and problems filling butane or getting the piezoelectric flickie to, uh well flick) are definitely problematic in a $200+ vaporizer

@Samsquanch; have you seen 'Countdown to Liquor Day' yet? And get me a Double Double eh?

Tom

tdavie,

mooterskooter

macbill said:
mooterskooter said:
I must say though, that having read through all 90-odd pages of this thread, there is a lot of negativity about the IO
What seemed like the main issues of negativity? I suspect it was the stem/mouthpiece as the most problematic issue. The original stems (when they used to be called "I-inhale") were all plastic, but seemed stronger than the ones issued later. Iolites used to come with two pair of stems.
Exactly as you said: snapping stems seems the biggest issue. But also a lot of people seem to be saying the thing doesn't properly.

For me, it works better than I could've hoped for. Almost too good...cough.

mooterskooter,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
tdavie said:
I think the honest truth is that the Iolite moved from a few hundred to many thousands of units in the wild. At this point new problems started to show up that hadn't been seen on a large scale before
The original stems were, I believe, turned plastic. To me, they seemed fairly sturdy. Both of my units came with these. Then they switched to molded stems (threads not turned), and then the trouble started.

Perhaps if they would devise a metal stub that would attach and protrude at the top, and have a type of metal bayonet sleeve to slide the plastic straw mouthpiece in, that might solve the problem.

macbill,
Top Bottom