msemcee

Hey guys!

I hear they have the new IOLITE out with the "screenless-bowl". Can anyone explain this to me and if it is worth the extra money?

msemcee,

King Kong

msemcee said:
Hey guys!

I hear they have the new IOLITE out with the "screenless-bowl". Can anyone explain this to me and if it is worth the extra money?
you have a link to it?

King Kong,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I 'think' and I could be wrong he's heard about the new style... no screen in bottom, non-removeable pin.

I'm not sure what other improvements were made but my new style hisses stronger than my old style one ;) Other than that - not much difference if you don't count the melty mouthpieces ;)

They have no other new styles on their site... yet.

Lo,

choding

eBay said:
New Design Black iolite Handheld Portable Vaporizer KIT
NEW IMPROVED BOWL DESIGN FREE SHIPPING SCALE + GRINDER

Item condition: Brand New In Box

Ended: Aug 29, 200906:20:15 SGT

Bid history: 1 bid

Sold for: US $249.99

Features: New & Improved Screen-less Bowl Design
Source

IMG_0971.jpg

I dont think its "that" new.

choding,

shotgunwilly

i think they are referring to the screen not being in the pin section... which is the case with the newer models where the pin is non removable.... question is, whats in the top section? if there is no difference there, then its the same.... just the newer model with the non removable pin.

shotgunwilly,

King Kong

if its not removable, how can it be cleaned?? the heating pin gets dirty after alot of use..

King Kong,

frogbmth

The removable pin stripped threads. The new bowl allows a q-tip to clean it easily, the old style used to get crud in the sharp corners that was hard to clean.

The top section is only different in that the top screen has a retaining spring ring thing and a metal threaded mouthpeice. I will do a short video of the differences between models and post later.

frogbmth,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Ooohhh!! I see SS threads on one of those last pics!! Damn! Still waiting for those here :)

Lo,

StickyShisha2

DSCN0567.jpg

lo said:
Ooohhh!! I see SS threads on one of those last pics!! Damn! Still waiting for those here :)
same here, although there is a third version of the stem that came out between the other two.

when will a newer model be available with a locking clip for the herb chamber?

StickyShisha2,

frogbmth

It would also be handy if they made a little slot to hold a small brush to clean the bowl of material on the go. I use a little interdental brush and it works well. Oh and a little hole to thread a lanyad. One day I am gonna drop my IO on the concrete and its gonna bust apart into millions of small parts :rolleyes:

frogbmth,

StickyShisha2

i've already dropped mine a few times. my heart stopped each time for a moment.
i plan on buying a new one before i break this one.

what about some kind of inline vapor cooler? maybe i'll make a small water bubbler to fit along the iolite in a 7-11 cup.

StickyShisha2,

vape4health

What about them portable water bongs , the ones you flip the tube down and it kinda seals it up . I'm not sure on the real name but it looked like wood but made of black plastic . I just cant remeber what the bowl area looked like , a piece of tubing should work to connect em up .

vape4health,

Vapist

Frog and Sticky: Thank you for all of your excellent posts on the Iolite. I am a relatively new Iolite user. A couple of questions:

1. I do experience some desire to cool the vapor and the "mix n' ball" solution looks nice and from what you say, appears to be effective. Where can one obtain one (link)?

2. I was bummed to find out that the model I bought from a local retailer was the "older" removable pin model, even though I purchased it only a few weeks ago. Do you see any appreciable difference in performance between the two? Also, is there any difference in the top screen. It is hard to tell from the pictures. I know I received a paper with my unit saying that they changed the herb chamber mesh screen and provide changing instructions. Oddly, I did not see any difference between the screen in the unit as delivered and the extra screen provided. Perhaps you can shed some light on this.

3. There was a prior post about a light modification involving removal of the factory herb chamber screen and simply placing two retention rings in the bottom of the chamber and placing a regular screen on top. Any opinions on whether that is desirable or "overkill."

Thanks in advance for your time and attention.:peace:

Vapist,

Vapist

derk said:
Im wondering if anyone has received any notification of the new SS stems, have they started sending them out?
Derk, YES--I phoned the factory yesterday and they are now ONLY sending out the new SS stems according to Kathleen (customer Service Rep) and Dominic Oglesby (Principal).

Vapist,

frogbmth

This is where I got the J-Adapter in Europe

http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/online_headshop/Mix_N_Ball_Joint_Adaptor.cfm?iProductID=6069

I don't think its in production any more so get them while they are still around. It would be great for there to be an official Iolite cooling stem.

The only real valuable difference in the newer model IMHO is that the new bowl is much easier to keep clean with its nice smooth rounded bottom. The units vape pretty much the same for me. I removed the lower screen on my I-Inhale long ago as it seems to serve no function other than to get caked in gunk. All the models are just as capable I would say.

If you look into the top section, the newer model has a retaining ring with a missing section in it, like a circlip. The older model does not have this. Again, there isnt much difference in vape experience.

I would add that I do only vape e-liquid, tobacco and shisha in my units so I cant comment on any difference in herb performance.

Hope this helps

Andy

frogbmth,
Top Bottom