Hahaha, well I guess I look like a jack-ass now... I could have sworn that I read somewhere earlier in this forum that Ronson was recomended... But you know what, it does take a while to heat up, and it takes awhile even for the orange light to come on, it hisses forever... Ok, so now I have to cancel that order and buy some Vector, thanks guys... Although it's a little bit more expensive, i guess you really do pay for the quality...

ModernMogul,

shotgunwilly

ModernMogul, no... dont feel bad, it did say ronson was ok, but i believe that was for europe, the ronson in the states was found to be crappy....and also, keep in mind, i found that the end of the can of vector was just as dirty as a yellow "Neon" can i had which was full but had gunk in it... as far as the skins go, i was hoping they would come out with covers, like cell phones have, because then they could have all sorts of designs, one that looks like a phone etc.... i mentioned it to iolite who said they would mention it to research, but who knows... but it would still be cool though, and i cant think they would be that hard, i mean you see a million covers for a new cell phone right when they come out so... they could also incorporate some kind of latch to hold the bowl in with it... oh well, pipe dreams...(iolite dreams...:) )

shotgunwilly,

vape4health

shotgunwilly , that is a good idea about the cell phone cover thing :tup:

If you guys vape a bowl from like 20 minutes does your ABV come out brown or still green . Mine is still green , its works for right now cause I vape the abv later in the E but I'm woundering if maybe my Io is run to cool .

vape4health,

max

Out to lunch
ModernMogul said:
I could have sworn that I read somewhere earlier in this forum that Ronson was recomended
From we can gather, the Ronson you get in the UK/Europe is more refined than what they sell in the US. I used several cans of US Ronson before I got some Vector, and it did just fine. The iolite does have an impurity filter in it. But I found that the butane you find in stores, like the Ronson, is soooo expensive compared to buying online.

vape4health said:
Thanks willieR . I must have got a cold one .
Don't forget that with any direct draw convection vape, your draw speed is a big factor in determining vaping temp. If you hit it slow and easy, with a loosely packed bowl, and still feel it doesn't run hot enough, you may be right. If that's the case, you might want to contact iolite and see what they say. They're pretty good about customer service if you can get up with them.

max,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I think that the thermostats are the next area needing fine tuning with these. No vape has been pretty well documented here (MDBudz) and repairable. I've heard others describe how the units are now burning hotter than when first purchased. I have experienced this as well.

The whole benefit of vaping is that the material not get so hot as to release nasty by-products at pre-combustion temps. For all I know, properly vaped material isn't even brown.

willieR,

vape4health

Thanks max , we tried hitting it all kind of ways , packing tight loose , I put the extra ring under the 7 hole . The vector seams to make it run a tiny bit hotter too.

I hate to spend 30 bucks for shipping , maybe I should just get another one , whats the odds of getting 2 cold ones , then I can have a work one ( colder one I have now for a light buzz ) and the new one ( hopefuly a hot one ) will be for weekends and that sort of stuff .

vape4health,

vape4health

I get what you mean . I'm not in it for the health part . I want brown ABV and a full buzz . If this was the only vape I had , it would be in the mail all ready .

It work great for how I use it , sharing with people only because they are in the same car , they never ever ever bring anything even when they come talking about this bomb shit they had over the weekend .

vape4health,

King Kong

i just bought a iolite, since my dbv died a few days ago (hopefully 7th floor will email me back soon)... Cant wait to get the iolite in and use it, having to "smoke" these last few days made my lungs feel like crap

King Kong,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I'm in the same boat. Again, though, I'm not sure that properly vaped weed is turned brown. When I say "proper" I mean heated just enough to release THC, but not nasty items. THC, CBD and CBN are released at relatively low temp. I have long thought that vape manufacturers have the temps jacked up higher to respond to consumers who still want to see "smoke" or heavy vapor. I'm not convinced this is good at all.

But I have no data

willieR,

vape4health

WillieR that makes sense to me but I would smoke my ABV if I could not use it some other way like brownies .

vape4health,

King Kong

willieR said:
I'm in the same boat. Again, though, I'm not sure that properly vaped weed is turned brown. When I say "proper" I mean heated just enough to release THC, but not nasty items. THC, CBD and CBN are released at relatively low temp. I have long thought that vape manufacturers have the temps jacked up higher to respond to consumers who still want to see "smoke" or heavy vapor. I'm not convinced this is good at all.

But I have no data
as long as the temp stays under the temperature of combustion, its still "vapor" and anything in the weed under the point of combustion that vaporizes at the temp you have set on ur vape will get released, but the toxins like carbon monoxide and dioxide only gets released when u use combustion, like a lighter/beeline/heating rod and not a vaporiser...

As long as the temp is under the point of combustion, any vape that doesn't turn ur weed very dark brown or black will be waaaayyyy more healthy then smoking..

King Kong,

MDBudz

vape4health said:
Thanks max , we tried hitting it all kind of ways , packing tight loose , I put the extra ring under the 7 hole . The vector seams to make it run a tiny bit hotter too.

I hate to spend 30 bucks for shipping , maybe I should just get another one , whats the odds of getting 2 cold ones , then I can have a work one ( colder one I have now for a light buzz ) and the new one ( hopefuly a hot one ) will be for weekends and that sort of stuff .
I had the same issue with mine and ended up sending it back to Ireland for repairs. Cost about $15.00 for registered mail to Ireland (from west coast of USA) and it was returned to me repaired about 3 weeks later. Mine initially was just not getting hot enough to generate any vapor at all.

MDBudz,

vape4health

MDBudz 15 bucks , thats not so bad . 3 weeks , I'll have to wait till I get another portable befor I send it . Thanks man .

vape4health,

willieR

Been here since 2009
King Kong said:
willieR said:

But I have no data
as long as the temp stays under the temperature of combustion, its still "vapor" and anything in the weed under the point of combustion that vaporizes at the temp you have set on ur vape will get released, but the toxins like carbon monoxide and dioxide only gets released when u use combustion, like a lighter/beeline/heating rod and not a vaporiser...

As long as the temp is under the point of combustion, any vape that doesn't turn ur weed very dark brown or black will be waaaayyyy more healthy then smoking..
I agree that anything under combustion is better than combustion. I'm not sure that there aren't bad things released from the weed between weed vape temp and combustion temp. I seem to remember some nasties being released in between

willieR,
King Kong said:
i just bought a iolite, since my dbv died a few days ago (hopefully 7th floor will email me back soon)... Cant wait to get the iolite in and use it, having to "smoke" these last few days made my lungs feel like crap
I agree, I used my old bong the other day and it just wasn't the same :/ I mean it still did the trick... but i felt like it was on my breath and felt like my lungs were dirty, :uhoh: hahaha... I know it's probably a mental thing, but it was consuming my thoughts at the time... It just feels so clean using the iolite... I might start researching a vaporizer for the house...

And thanks shotgunwilley, and the rest of you guys who clarified for me... I knew I read it somewhere in here... but it's cool, I was totally being funny earlier... already canceled the ronson and ordered the goods... I'll be running the iolite efficiently and chillin out in no time... :cool:

ModernMogul,

yolky

Hey ModurnMogul...

I have the IOLite as well and love it. For home vaping needs, may I suggest the Vriptech Heat Wand. You will not be disappointed. I just got mine a few days ago and LOVE IT.

yolky,
Top Bottom