Iolite Beta testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwien

Any idea of when this new and improved model is gonna hit the market?

lwien,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
vtac said:
buddhaholic420 said:
The only thing I am wondering is how long we demo them for and if we are supposed to send them back.
From the OP:
...you will be able to keep all the beta models.
That is great news! Thanks VTAC. To be honest I should have read this thread. I did not know about beta program until IoLite people told me about it and that they had a thread on FC.com

lwien said:
Any idea of when this new and improved model is gonna hit the market?
They told me it would be released in a matter of weeks. They are going to send me one for free for all my trouble as soon as it comes out. I can let you know when I get it.

buddhaholic420,

iolite

Manufacturer
Hi folks,

A huge thanks to you all for the response to the beta program. Unfortunately we could not respond to all of you as we were very much flooded with requests and we only picked tenof you. In fact we received over 70 responses and this is the only website we posted on.

I would like to apologise to all the folks who sent us an email but got no response but we could only pick ten. We will keep your emails on file if we expand the program but we can't foresee that happening anytime soon.

For those of you that did get one, you can talk about it here or send me an email with your thoughts.

Thanks a again
The Team @ iolite

iolite,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I am impatiently waiting for the UPS guy to come to my house, i sure hope i get to test it out today!

Survivalism,

iolite

Manufacturer
Survivalism said:
I am impatiently waiting for the UPS guy to come to my house, i sure hope i get to test it out today!
You should have had that unit delivered last week. I will check with the shipping department first thing in the morning to see what happened to it! infact I will send them an email now so I will have a response when I get into work in the morning.

All the best
The Team @ iolite

iolite,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Got my unit and am testing it right now, gotta say i am very impressed.

How should i get the moisture condenser out of the mouth peice? I didnt get one of those tools.

nvm lol it just comes right out, sorry!

Survivalism,

Bubonic

Hi I've been following this thread for awhile and finally decided to make an account :D

To iolite or anyone who may know,
Will this unit cost more than the previous version or will it stay at $250? (hopefully less :brow: )

Bubonic,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I have not gotten a lot of use out of my beta-inhale but i can tell you that i am very impressed.

Using dry high quality herbs after a 10-15 minute heat up it was producing consistent clouds ( was in a car so light will make a big difference )

It cooks the herb exceptionally well, i personally dont find any need for any stirring. I will be using this vape any time i am not near a power outlet. Sorry my review is pretty weak haha.

Will post some pics tomorrow even though the differences between the i-inhale and the beta-inhale isnt much.

Survivalism,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
max said:
As to the changes on that beta unit, no bottom screen, no removeable heating pin, and a little better airflow are all they've done. They are worthy changes, with the screen and pin moves designed to save $ and trouble for both the company and users.

Works great here. :D

I hit it as soon as the initial heat up cycle stops (~1 minute) and get tasty vapor right away.

vtac,

smokeandskate

so what are some of the difference on this new one from the last one. and any idea of the price

smokeandskate,

phlups

I have been doing beta testing on this for a couple of weeks and it is truly an amazing vaporizer. Extracts as much goodness out of your herbs as a home unit. The portability factor is incredible. It fits in your pocket! The differences in the beta unit are that the heating pin is now NOT removeable. Also, there is no screen beneath the heatin pin. That was the main change. I have been told that I am receiving another beta unit later this week. I will post if there are any other changes.

phlups,

iolite

Manufacturer
Hi Folks,

Just to clarify. The beta model is not a new vaporiser. Any changes we make will be just running changes to the existing vaporiser. Both iolite and the i-inhale are the exact same units. No dififference at all.
The beta model is only just a slight modification to the existing model that is on the market. We are currently doing more tests with the beta models before we go ahead with any changes.

All the best
The Team @ iolite

iolite,

marcuss

above the clouds
i do the same Vtac does....after the first heat cicle stops i start to hit the goodness out of my iolite....no need to wait for more than this to avoid all that precious essences go into the air....i want it in my lungs guys!!

i do notice that the beta is faster to make thick clouds than the regular one.....maybe just me?

marcuss,

max

Out to lunch
i do notice that the beta is faster to make thick clouds than the regular one.....maybe just me?
With no bottom screen, there should be more heat from conduction, so I guess that makes sense.

max,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
I am also noticing the same thing as well as better air flow. All in all it is better that the original. I already took the bottom screen out of my original and it pretty much seems to have the same effect. I also mentioned how I have a hard time keeping the bottom clean so they are going to be making a beta with a rounded out bottom with the pin in the middle to see if it's easier to clean. No corners makes cleaning a hell of a lot easier. Round number 2 of testing should be coming up soon.

buddhaholic420,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
buddhaholic420 said:
I am also noticing the same thing as well as better air flow. All in all it is better that the original. I already took the bottom screen out of my original and it pretty much seems to have the same effect. I also mentioned how I have a hard time keeping the bottom clean so they are going to be making a beta with a rounded out bottom with the pin in the middle to see if it's easier to clean. No corners makes cleaning a hell of a lot easier. Round number 2 of testing should be coming up soon.
The rounded out bottom sounds great, i dont have a first gen i-inhale but my beta-inhale produces clouds above my expectation. One of the only gripes i have is that the straw gets pretty hot after an extended drag during a 15+ minute session. Hot enough to limit the size of my inhales.

Survivalism,

firstavailable

I am pretty much set on getting the iolite as my first vape. however, it seems like these changes are fairly substantial. Is it worth waiting until these changes make it to market, or should i just take the plunge now?

what do you guys think?

firstavailable,

max

Out to lunch
firstavailable said:
I am pretty much set on getting the iolite as my first vape. however, it seems like these changes are fairly substantial. Is it worth waiting until these changes make it to market, or should i just take the plunge now?

what do you guys think?
I wouldn't say the changes are substantial as far as performance. I would wait because I wouldn't want to mess with removing and replacing (the tricky part) the pin even once. But that's easy for me to say since I'm not 'vapeless' while I wait. It could be a month or two (maybe more?) before the changes, and depending on who you buy from, the original design could be in stock at some dealers for a while.

max,

max

Out to lunch
As far as I know only the name has changed. Hopefully 'iolite' will let us know when the changes will appear in production units.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom