Discontinued Inhalater XP

fogbank

I think its pretty well accepted that the Q2 model yielded larger vapors at lower temperatures (mainly due to the higher temperature range). When at equivalent temperature settings the vapor produced is more or less the same for both models, but the Q3 model seems to produce a hotter vapor.

I've been wondering for a while where my XP fits within the "model" scheme.

I purchased it in February 2012 from Kush Planet on eBay. It has the longer body style (same as INH004?) with the square cap and four holes (two are dead center in the front and back, the other two are not spaced evenly between the first two). Temp settings go up to 8. From pictures I have seen of the original INH004 I would say mine looks identical, except it has "XP" on the label.

It has worked well since I got it, with the exception of not turning on twice. A slight tap on the bottom got it working again.

When using very dry material I can get loads of hot vapor on 3. I usually prefer to turn it down to 2 after a few hits. When using material with "average" moisture I start on 4, or occasionally 5, and can work it down to 3 or 2 after a while.

I believe this was a very early XP model, but I'm not sure if it fits into a "Q2" or "Q3" category.

Any ideas?

TIA :)

fogbank,

dibdab

Im hoping you all can help me out with my delemma... I currently have the Q2 model but am thinking of sending it in for a warranty replacement due to the vapor being too hot for me to vape out of comfortably which from what I was told is calibrated at higher temps. I have read both negative and positive comments about the Q3 model but it seems like more people still prefer the Q2 model of them all. Should I just keep this one? :huh:

dibdab,

greens

I really want to buy this vape but it feels so risky! Does anyone know if the polyimide capsules give off any taste? I know they have no melting point but I still hear of complaints about a plasticky taste. I would love for this to not be the case but haven't heard enough from actual users. Wanting to add to my collection of portable vapes and this will fit the bill for me so hoping to see more updates from Inhalator but I know they are busy with "12 hour work days" so patience is required.

greens,

fogbank

Does anyone know if the polyimide capsules give off any taste?

In my experience the capsules do not give off any taste after the first few uses. The XP does not preserve taste too well on its own, but I don't think the polyimide is responsible for that.

Also everything has a melting point, technically speaking :)

I managed to combust with my XP one time (smoke streaming out of the MP, burnt cherry found in the capsule). The combustion temps managed to deform the capsule somewhat, but it still works fine. The capsule looks like it has a small area that melted a little.

fogbank,

greens

Wow! That's the first time I think read of combustion with the xp. Bummer and if you noticed a potential melted spot then those capsules' melting point would be a lot cooler than I expected.

For me the big takeaway is the lack of draw resistance,taste,stealth, and vapor quality/prod. I actually like the temp. Knob option but a more reliable one for sure. Liked the polyimide idea until I read fogbank's response.lol

Last edited by a moderator:
greens,

HSIHP

For me the big takeaway is the lack of draw resistance,taste,stealth, and vapor quality/prod. I actually like the temp. Knob option but a more reliable one for sure. Liked the polyimide idea until I read fogbank's response.lol

I was in the same exact position as you greens. What sealed the deal for me was that I live in the US and would have to ship it over the boarder if ( and most likely when) something happen to it. That alone was a huge factor when you have the PnPro where customer satisfaction is great so far and the Pax with the kick ass warranty.

I see the XP being the go- to portable once ALL of the bugs and reliability issues have been worked out. Let's hope it happens soon though. With the Grasshopper looking like it may change portables for good the XP maybe left in the dust.

HSIHP,

greens

Researched the grass hopper but can't see it having much success IMO. The next vape that offers all glass pathway with accurate digital read out,oils option, palm like stealth, convection based,great battery life, interchangeable option, great warranty, user friendly with quality materials will be the champion. While all this looks great on paper it actually has to perform consistently on every level every time. Perfect world vape I know.:mmmm:

greens,

HSIHP

Researched the grass hopper but can't see it having much success IMO. The next vape that offers all glass pathway with accurate digital read out,oils option, palm like stealth, convection based,great battery life, interchangeable option, great warranty, user friendly with quality materials will be the champion. While all this looks great on paper it actually has to perform consistently on every level every time. Perfect world vape I know.:mmmm:

Grasses, when you find what you described a worm hole in space will open and destroy the earth. :tinfoil:

Old School

Vape13man
Im hoping you all can help me out with my delemma... I currently have the Q2 model but am thinking of sending it in for a warranty replacement due to the vapor being too hot for me to vape out of comfortably which from what I was told is calibrated at higher temps. I have read both negative and positive comments about the Q3 model but it seems like more people still prefer the Q2 model of them all. Should I just keep this one? :huh:
Being that I was one of those that had a Q2.....if I were you I'd keep it ....no question in my mind.....if you do however decide to ask for a replacement... Please give a shout out..... I would love to see if Greg would sell it to me...... IMPO the Q2 was much less in the way of hot air as both my 1st Q3 and now my latest Q4 with the Q4 being the hottest.....my Q2 had some heat yes it did but when the vapor was present and being extracted....it was a moist heat that wasn't harsh but rather tickled at times......
Now my new Q4 has got the heat but its not near as moist feeling and is rather harsh on the back of my throat.....and both my GF and I have noticed we are clearing are throats alot now when using the Q4.

If it were me..... I'd hang on to it for as long as it would last.....but I am clearly PRO Q2...... I have no idea what, why, or how but something happened and they had some how fine tuned the XP for it's absolute peak performance / taste / effect..... and now are not quite sure what made it so awesome...

Let us know if you do decide to turn it in......thx

jonezen

Instead of comparing between each iteration against the other, based on our subjective experiences with obsessive attention to detail, we a simply ask @Inhalater whether there already exists a written record log of modifications to the specs at each release. If he's willing to do that, you'll be able to link your experiences directly up with the latest set of feature modifications or enhancements. Perhaps that would help folks make an educated choice related to the experience they are seeking.

Another way to go about it would be to let go some of our expectations and attachments to the way things were, or to what we think they should be, and trust that the development process is not only headed in the right direction, but that the company is still young enough to actually listen to and value our input, within reason. In do see in each piece a work of art that wants to reach the pinnacle rather than claim it is already there. That is the type of product I feel happy to be around, because it is still in development, with promise of future growth and improvement. So you don't need to keep hearing promises or reassurances. What you have in hand today is proof that you opted for a cutting edge device that still has room to grow, and will change in the process. At least I'm enjoyin' the ride!

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
@Snake Plissken Dear friend

I have not been duly following the FC PM mailbox :-( We respond to all emails addressed at admin@inhalater :-)

You were contacted by PM as complement to the public posting where we suggested being is contact via the aformentioned email. We will make sure to avoid this type of confusion in the future.

As is, we will ship your replacement next week. Replacements is going good. Units are working great. Production process and quality control procedures are being actively upgraded.

Please be confident that we are working on the problems and are intent in making up to our satisfaction garantee. We do not intend to leave anyone behind and value every one of our customers.

So, did you follow through and do as you said this time?

Jonezen - some of your comments infer that you have not read the thread or that you choose to ignore 90% of it. Not sure what you are basing your opinions on. But then again, supposedly you bought your initial unit on 10/15/13, had problems w/ it within 1 month of purchase, returned it mid to late November, and received a replacement by 12/10/13. Some people have waited many months to still not get their units. Most customers are ignored for longer than you have even been in this process.

Snake Plissken,

n1tr8

My xp after only 4 months died not charge the battery, and unresponsive. I am very sad now I can not medicate

n1tr8,

Medex

I'm still loving my Q2 Inhalater XP. Honestly, I haven't cleaned the unit itself since I got it on july 26 (I'm a lazy person), but only the capsules. Ill just say that my unit is still producing ample medicating vapor from every temperature setting and its still giving out flavor despite me not cleaning it. Plus, the material comes out into an evenly brown/dark brown ABV. I'm mostly vaping it on 6 because its a balance between some flavor and lots of vapor then finishing it on 7-8. I use my XP native, with the hygienic tips, and through glass pieces using an adapter. With my XP, I'm still able to milk my pieces and get very medicated :science: without having to deal with the harsh hits. I impressed most of my friends that combust with this vaporizer and at one point I got my friend to the state of being the highest hes ever been! :tup:. At this moment, the USB port on the XP is starting to die. Now I have to hold the USB cord up with something in order for it to charge. This vape gave me really good memories from the day I got it until today and I will keep vaping with it until It finally dies.

2clicker

Observer
My xp after only 4 months died not charge the battery, and unresponsive. I am very sad now I can not medicate

sorry to hear that. its unfortunate that Pharmacor hasnt figured out how to build reliable working units consistently. i believe they will though. rough road until then however.

2clicker,

Yellokat1000

Inhalator shill account
Hi All ~
My Inhalater XP (q3 , which is the most recent release according to Pharmacor) has been working like a charm ! No issues , guess I'm lucky however I feel like it's a fantastic device, you can choose to heat up your plant at a desired temperature. The only thing I would suggest is to ad a digital reader for the temperature in order to make sure I'm not over heating the plant and losing some of it's THC.
At this point I've had a couple of different vapes, this is closest device I've had that produces actual vapes. According to the inhalater website, it's a dual conduction convection process, the herb is not in direct contact with the heating element which shows that it's vapor being conducted.
Also it's 100% easy to carry around and the battery does last a long time , like any other device that carries a ION Lithium battery, these batteries depreciate in energy over time which is a normal constant... :)

Vitolo

Vaporist
My XP appears to work very well also.
The Capsule gets very hot, due to that thin sliver of exposed Polymide.
(I miss the shoulder on the old capsukles.... but I did save a half dozen of them to use with the XP
No cutting was required)
I am under the impression that this unit is Q4.
It was released this week, and it arrived 48 hours ago.

Old School

Vape13man
@jonezen, Well said. What is your opinion between the Q2 and Q3 model?

I think its pretty well accepted that the Q2 model yielded larger vapors at lower temperatures (mainly due to the higher temperature range). When at equivalent temperature settings the vapor produced is more or less the same for both models, but the Q3 model seems to produce a hotter vapor. This makes it much less unpleasant that the previous model at high temperatures (as you mentioned you require water cooling).

I believe both the effective quality of the vapor is the same, but for some reason the new model seems to be heating up more air. Ultimately they both work, but the newer models method of heating causes the thickest clouds to be less enjoyable.
I would agree with most of what you have said, although for me I struggle with saying that the vapor was pretty much the same....cause really it simply wasn't as the Q2 had thicker richer vapor were as both my Q3 & now Q4 replacements had a thinner harsher and YES much hotter feeling on the back of my throat...

We as consumers are not going to be privy to various variables that may have caused such a difference so many of us try to describe what we think might be going on but really ours is just to report to the vendor the best we can....as to what has changed about the newly improved XP..... several of us have stated that it was as if the ratio had now shifted.....since the introduction of the "Auto function" as well as the addition of the lower temps.......things we saw added from the Q2 to the Q3 +...... now they seem to somehow rely on "conduction" properties more verses the "convection"...... Prior to the "Auto & Low Temp entering into things people describe the ratio the other way around.......they claimed it was what made it so awesome......frankly one of the key selling points for me.....
I'd welcome a shift back towards focusing more on the "convection" properties of this vaporizer......

I've now had my Q4 replacement for just a little over a week.....and Greg's jaw might drop to the floor here.....but I have to say this unit seems too HOT......

I seem to always come back to the same conclusion....something else must have changed....programing of some kind maybe....we will never now for sure.....

It seems to for some reason take a bit longer now to completely extract a full cap....I've notice I will go a 4th run..... don't always finish out the full 8.5 minutes but I have had to go another run to finisher her {cap} off the way I like........

I also seem to have to focus more on my draw speed...... OH and geez whatever you do don't take too long before hitting it again....especially if you are in the upper temps.....it seems to get nasty much quicker......the Q2 would also do that but not near as quick as my new Q4 does.....Yuk

My USB port so far seems to be holding up.....although I did have a new issue show itself twice now... in fact the 1st time it did it was within the 1st 24hours of use.....it simply doesn't come on.... no light... nothing.....don't panic or start crying like I did.....ha ha ha LOL You simply give it a firm tap on the bottom of the switch and try it a few more times and so far mine has worked again both times.... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about it.....as neither my Q2 or RQ3 did anything like that before.....

I very much want to buy spare's for my GF and I however we are going to wait until the XP2 or INH005 comes out that will have the new notched circuit boards {USB relief} and I do so hope they can figure out how to flip back the ratio to being predominately a Convection vaporizer again Pre-Q3........

Vitolo

Vaporist
Agreed.
Hotter and harsher on the back of the throat.
Agreed about the focus on draw speed also.

Vitolo,

GreenBeans

Well its a real sad day, my Q2 has died after near daily use since July. First problem I've had with it. Light says its recharging but its not. Dies after a few seconds after you turn it on. Anyone know of a quick fix to this? Rather not habe to deal with sending it back if its something I can fix myself. My usb port seems solid enough no wobble at all.

GreenBeans,
Reactions: n1tr8

n1tr8

Well its a real sad day, my Q2 has died after near daily use since July. First problem I've had with it. Light says its recharging but its not. Dies after a few seconds after you turn it on. Anyone know of a quick fix to this? Rather not habe to deal with sending it back if its something I can fix myself. My usb port seems solid enough no wobble at all.

I think the same

n1tr8,
I would agree with most of what you have said, although for me I struggle with saying that the vapor was pretty much the same....cause really it simply wasn't as the Q2 had thicker richer vapor were as both my Q3 & now Q4 replacements had a thinner harsher and YES much hotter feeling on the back of my throat...

We as consumers are not going to be privy to various variables that may have caused such a difference so many of us try to describe what we think might be going on but really ours is just to report to the vendor the best we can....as to what has changed about the newly improved XP..... several of us have stated that it was as if the ratio had now shifted.....since the introduction of the "Auto function" as well as the addition of the lower temps.......things we saw added from the Q2 to the Q3 +...... now they seem to somehow rely on "conduction" properties more verses the "convection"...... Prior to the "Auto & Low Temp entering into things people describe the ratio the other way around.......they claimed it was what made it so awesome......frankly one of the key selling points for me.....
I'd welcome a shift back towards focusing more on the "convection" properties of this vaporizer......

I've now had my Q4 replacement for just a little over a week.....and Greg's jaw might drop to the floor here.....but I have to say this unit seems too HOT......

I seem to always come back to the same conclusion....something else must have changed....programing of some kind maybe....we will never now for sure.....

It seems to for some reason take a bit longer now to completely extract a full cap....I've notice I will go a 4th run..... don't always finish out the full 8.5 minutes but I have had to go another run to finisher her {cap} off the way I like........

I also seem to have to focus more on my draw speed...... OH and geez whatever you do don't take too long before hitting it again....especially if you are in the upper temps.....it seems to get nasty much quicker......the Q2 would also do that but not near as quick as my new Q4 does.....Yuk

My USB port so far seems to be holding up.....although I did have a new issue show itself twice now... in fact the 1st time it did it was within the 1st 24hours of use.....it simply doesn't come on.... no light... nothing.....don't panic or start crying like I did.....ha ha ha LOL You simply give it a firm tap on the bottom of the switch and try it a few more times and so far mine has worked again both times.... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about it.....as neither my Q2 or RQ3 did anything like that before.....

I very much want to buy spare's for my GF and I however we are going to wait until the XP2 or INH005 comes out that will have the new notched circuit boards {USB relief} and I do so hope they can figure out how to flip back the ratio to being predominately a Convection vaporizer again Pre-Q3........
That is what mine did. Just stopped turning on. I tried giving it some taps and nothing :-(

VapeNStone,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I was using my new Q4 sparingly.. wanting to extend it's longevity.
I think I will make it a daily "out of home" vape... I may as well learn if it is going to last.
My INH400 went 14 months flawlessly before the USB port loosened... and it was used daily for the Post Office run. Today I will begin the usage of the XP at the same rate... and hope for a long ride!

Top Bottom