Discontinued Inhalater XP

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Hard, hard public comunication ;-?

With herbs, the difference between vapour and smoke is not all that obvious. We tend to view anything harsh on the throat as akin to smoke. We may not say what is best for a particular user with a particular herb in a particular circumstance.

We try to build the most polyvalent technology and answer to all the questions.

Perhaps, at this point, we spend too much time here. The thread properly belongs to users.

Cheers :-)

Below 5 is for low temp substrates.

Power on of the heating element is percievable on LED when battery is low

Units are throughly cleaned and sanitized. Burn off are not required in our opinion

Last edited:
Inhalater,

Shifu

Okay thanks for the answer. The thing is i've charged it up all the day so it should nearly be full.
Will see. Gotta go play with my little dildo now :p

Shifu,

Sonics420

@Old School No this is not the type of deformation I was relating to regarding extreme temps.

What I was refering to is delamination of polyimide in heating chamber. You can see some of this in the image as small blisters following heating element patterns. Nothing critical here. But yes, an indication that unit is run hot.

@Sonics420 Ok the lead are located on the other side so risk of damage are lower.

You can push the deformation back with a blunt rod like a pen or flat screwdriver that is aligned between heating chamber and screen filter. Do not pry the other side were leads are located.

There should be no problem: Be calm, use good lighting, if you are to high wait a little;

Don't break your unit! Don't overdo it. Don't fiddle it more than necessary.

May our little operation be a success! :-)
Not working for me, I am being gentle and pushing the deformation in and downwards? Have only tried it once or twice but have stopped now. I noticed the deformation basically swells up when the chamber starts to heat up (you can hear it crumpling also).. aside from the scrunched up capsule what are the disadvantages of using my unit like this?

It hasnt been dropped or anything, and I am kind of forced to vape at a higher temp (7-8) to actually get any type of decent vapor(for me).. I havent used this XP as much as my older ones that never had this problem.

Sonics420,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
@Sonics420 This should not create significant difference in vaporisation. No rush to remove it.

Great to know you find your prefered temperature without maxing it out. Still have a full number after 8, before auto I assume.

Usually if you insert a flat blade along the edge of the bump and the filter it should reposition itself very easily. Do not use a sharp blade like and exacto knife. Beware that tassles located on top stay well positioned inside hot chamber

replacebump.jpg

hiphiphooray

Perhaps, at this point, we spend too much time here. The thread properly belongs to users.

So then we won't be hearing anymore from inhalater? I don't blame them if they never post again. All this forum does lately is complain. Where did all the constructive posts about tips and modifications go?...

So then we won't be hearing anymore from inhalater? I don't blame them if they never post again. All this forum does lately is complain. Where did all the constructive posts about tips and modifications go?...

Fair point, most of the 'tips' have been about how to run a business. Not trying to be an ass but in all fairness it is difficult to talk about mods and tips when the unit either breaks on first use or is not even in customers' hands.

Once the product is in people's hands and the units are working to Inhalater's own standards I think we'll see many more constructive posts and I'm really looking forward to that moment. But first myself and others need our units in hand. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when that will happen for me because I still haven't received a straightforward answer on shipping.

el_floripondio,
Reactions: Crohnie

hiphiphooray

A good majority of units are out, just not many users have reported back with anything other than complaints. Like instead of inquiring about the best temperatures to produce clouds of vapor, its just automatically dismissed as an inferior version than the Q2... I just feel like at some point you gotta work with what you have and move forward.

The remaining replacements should be shipped this week and new customer units have already been shipped. Distributors have received units and are shipping today (PlanetVape in specific). Hopefully once a large majority of Q3s are out we will see something more constructive from this forum :\

hiphiphooray,
Reactions: sasNW

Old School

Vape13man
This post borders on company-bashing. You've posted your opinion of Pharmacor before, we don't need it again. Anything more along this line from you will earn a warning point.
Wow...again really....the opening statement was perhaps a little harsh.....
At a point these types of answers from inhalator can only be viewed as deceptive. If they don't know the difference between good vapor production and smoke, they should probably pack it in. Obviously, customer input means nothing to them - they know what is best, we need to shut up and agree.
....but I gotta tell ya that was almost exactly how I felt...especially the piece about they knew what was best......and I had a working Q2 {my GF's} and a new replacement side by side....so I knew I wasn't crazy.....
I purchased an xp, like many, because of the rave reviews and videos. Those reviews/videos were for a different product altogether. I figured that even w/ the changes, xp would still retain good function. I think all reviewers should be contacted and urged to provide an updated review, as the product they reviewed no longer exists.
again pretty much spot on I'm afraid......I was just like him did the research...watched great video's.. difference was I got in just before him so I at least got to experience the earlier model.....this gentleman if I'm not mistaken just got his and he feels it isn't performing like the video's he's watched
IMO. any company too pretentious to listen to their real customer base deserves to fail. I would recommend that anybody who wants to see real customer service head over to the ascent thread. Their product is not ready yet, but they have bent over backwards to make customers happy recently : CS that actually answers phones and attempts to resolve issues, refunds for unhappy customers (actually taking responsibility for issues), free upgrades to newer versions (w/in reason), & most importantly - listening to customers and taking advice on how to improve product.
I gotta tell ya...when I read the words "too pretentious to listen" my mouse flew right over top the like button.... but then he goes on and plugs another MFR I guess using them to try to bash....didn't seem very affective IMO.....
I will say that if I was face to face w/ a rep who said I could receive good service down the road once they get their shit together, but not now - that rep would have a problem.
Now again...I'm afraid this is spot on......but we all understand the pain of reality for start ups.....
I actually received my unit from KP in like 3 days of placing order. I was using unit for a few before I gave initial review. My review would not be all bad, but my disgust w/ the company is too high at the moment to remain properly objective.
I wonder if you missed this piece......he stated that the review wouldn't be all bad.....I think this gentleman likes his XP in fact.....if I recall he has asked a few direct questions that were carefully not answered....and if he hasn't I have......now I myself don't feel as though I have reached a point of disgust as of yet....but it is a little more than just frustrating to be told vapor production is not that important.....EXCUSE you....what did you just say..?

In closing I do want to speak to this thread being for the users....YES this is true but I for one have found it very helpful to me a user because the MFR Inhalater Greg and Fredrick have been using this forum to get information like what just went on with Sonics....what a GREAT post guys and pictures too I can only believe it was very helpful to him to be able to see the chamber outside the unit....NICE..
SO I sincerely hope that you continue to post and watch the forum as we all do hoping to see a post from you....so we get it...too too too much email...your too small...okay please then at a bare minimum stay committed to this thread.....none of us would know our replacements were on their way otherwise

Old School,
Reactions: Sonics420

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
I do hope that INH does not use the opinion of a dissatisfied customer as an excuse to not provide CS.

The only reason I brought up an alternative mfr was that they are a company going through similar issues - yet have decided to offer great CS as a solution. I do not believe that poor CS should be a given in a startup company. I felt that this site was not just here to protect mfr's, but consumers as well. Sorry if I overstepped that line.

Snake Plissken,

Sonics420

@Inhalater

thanks it worked for me and my capsules are coming out 90% normal lol, good enough for me.

Yes 7 to 8 is my sweet spot, this thing stays smooth until I go past 8 to the point of black AVB.. overall I am happy with my unit and hope it stays strong.

I just got my pinnacle tube in also and paired up with the inhalater its so small I can hold it with 1 hand and hit it..smooth sailing.

yvaakFG.jpg

Sonics420,
Reactions: 2clicker

natural farmer

OK... I will chime in once more since those last pics say it all IMO!

The Inhalater can no longer be a primarily convection vaporizer! What I see, points to mainly conduction with some radiation and even less convection to help things going...

I was suspecting this when I first experienced different vapor production from trying both 004 and XP side by side.

004 would start with low vapor production and then thicken it while drawing, unmistakably showing that mostly convection takes place like so many other vapes I know of and tested.

XP on the other hand builds a bunch of vapor when not drawing and after the initial thick draw, heater is engaged and vapor production diminishes quite rapidly.

The heater just can't keep up like the 004's one!!! And how could it keep up???? :rolleyes: See those heating ribbons surrounding the chamber? They should be kept at a temp where they don't super-heat the herbs inside while not drawing and at the same time super-heat the incoming cold air enough to raise it up to the desired temp before entering the chamber from underneath... It just doesn't compute in my mind... I hope I am wrong, seriously!
How could the chamber temp be kept at 210C for example and ribbons still be able to keep up with the incoming cold air and successfully also raise its temperature at 210C??? Not doable unless you draw slower than the MFLB and even then I don't think it's possible. The temps of the ribbons drop rapidly and this shows in vapor production!!!

The coils in the older 004 seemed to do a far greater job heating the air coming in but then we (I for sure) told Pharmacor that where they touched the Polyimide it created hot spots and the herb touching the walls from the inside were getting scorched and ruin the taste at high temps. By putting the heating ribbons instead of coils Pharmacor managed to spread that spot heat better across the heating chamber thus reducing hot spots and fast blackening of both herb and chamber walls but it had a serious impact on the heated air...

I just can't see any other logical explanation for what is going on with XP's. No other former 004 owners had similar thoughts??? :\

Zenpen has noticed this with their design, I am sure, and added a micro heater below the heating chamber. In this way I believe they keep the heating chamber at lower temps so it doesn't super-heat the load and the micro heater below at a higher temp so it can effectively bring the cold air up to proper temps and have convection.

I beg for a logical answer to my concerns but I wouldn't be surprised if I am covered with half answers... :rolleyes:

natural farmer,

Old School

Vape13man
NICE post......gave me lots to think about today.....I do remember seeing the coil you mention in the 004 thread...very interesting and enlightening....
I think the ribbon is a sweet idea myself.. again very clever....and does help explain their drive and passion for flavor... of course we all want good flavor but I've always gotten the sense from their correspondences that they were extremely focused on the flavor.....
thank you again for the post my mind is racing with thoughts and ideas......nice....I'll be back...

what if there was a way to help heat the air without having to add another heater and all that goes with.....and what if we have already been given a hint as how that might be done...

Old School,
Well I hope that isn't the case as the reason I bought this vaporizer in the first place is because of its steathyness and because it was mostly convection and its vapor production was as good if not better than the solo. I'll try out the XP when I get my replacement but if this is true then you'll be seeing an XP for sale very soon.

VapeNStone,

Shifu

Ok here we go.

I would like to remind that's my first time using an inh. First vape at all in fact.

My INH is a XPB1299 ordered the week of 22th september 2013 (so it's a Q3)
Looks like i've got the USB massacre on it but it's not a matter cause I really have to closely take a look at it to notice it.
I like the sticker a lot. really soft on the touch and the item does his wieght.
For now I haven't encountered the sonics problem.

Back to business. My sweets spots are 5 (~195°C) and 6.5(~220°C)-7(~230°)
I noticed that when the inhalater started you won't get the maximum amount of vape you can get. Once it's starting to be hot (2 minutes after I guess) even at 5 with a loooong inhalation I got some really decent vapor. 5 is the place you got some good taste and a nice little high.
above 6 it's pretty cool, vape all the way and pretty good taste too in my opinion, and that's where you play too get a nice high, between 6-7.
Above 7 (~230°C) is a no no. I've got combusted medecine. even @ 7 i've got combusted medecine (or maybe VERY brown) after doing 2 session at 5 and 2 session at 7.
The inhalater get hot pretty fast at high temp and it gets pretty hard to use it naked. That's why I use it with the hygienic mouthtip that's included in the pack. I can inhale way longer and that's how I gut those lovely vapes.

If some of you have any questions feel free to ask.

Shifu,

Old School

Vape13man
Nice... looks like you got the sticker that was on my Q2...I also liked mine and for whatever reason it did not peal up around the edges like my GF's did hers was red.....anyway if you also got the white numbers and not the white band with black numbers IMO you get the best looking one ever made for stealth....

Yes on just about every vape out there the 1st draw will typically be packed with flavor galore but very little vapor until things get rolling and that 2nd or even better 3rd draw is were the vapor is being extracted more consistently.....
Don't worry there's no combustion just over cooked...which does adversely affect the flavor.....

Use that tube...I personally like the white ones I got from PV.....now over time you will notice small dots developing in side the tube....it will look like dirt in the beginning but over time you will start to notice they are bubbles {droplets}....and what they are exactly is THC oil that has collected as condensation along the inside wall of the tube....which I reclaim and later make a nice oil sandwich out of....has a bit of a cooked flavor but carries a very BIG punch......
I use the very small bamboo stick that came with my VB2 to carefully scrap out my tube when I begin to notice my tube is heavy in droplets..... oh and I do use the blue tubes also as a place to store the oil I reclaim from scraping the inside of the white tube..

Here is a question for you....are you finding you like to take 3 runs at a cap or are you doing 4..?

Also if the USB is a little jacked up that's a good thing b/c the epoxy will aid in securing the switch circuit board...thereby giving the USB much needed added protection....otherwise every time you turn it on or off....the USB jack takes a bump.......do yourself another huge favor....don't let anyone but yourself turn it on and off.....and never bottom out hard turning it off.....enjoy....I look forward to reading your comments after you've gotten to use it a bit longer.....

Last edited:
Old School,

TransHumanC

Inhalater shill account
That's a great point. Want some large clouds at low temperatures; take deep inhalations. The open ports of the Inhalater permit inhalator type of inhalations ;-) . much different from dooby type puffs. Don't pack capsule

TransHumanC,

Shifu

Yeah the stealth is like I wanted it to be : perfect !

That's interesting. But light me up, when you say you make a sandwich with it, you mean a REAL sandwich ? xD

Hmmmm.. It depends of the temp I use. But I would say I like to do 3 runs instead of 4, but if I want to play the economic part I'll go for 4.

Thanks for the tips and I'll tell you my feeling about this sweetie after some more use :)

Shifu,

Sonics420

The solo is the better out of all them, glass is just superior, very simple design.. glass tube and a SS bowl = tons of flavor.. love using my top shelf in the solo when I had it. PN stayed at a lower temp for me and the taste was great also, the lower temps did give me smooth rich clouds and I liked it..it tasted better than the XP to me, maybe cause of the steel they use? But not by much.

Solo > PN/XP

@Shifu, man I miss my black XP.. looks so slick, the one I had with black/pearl lookn sticker with a black knob was nice! I know what you mean by having to wait a minute or 2 after the blinking light for good vapor, problem is if I am in a rush I turn up a little bit so I can get things going quicker. Again the difference between the first xp I had and my current Q3 was that I didnt have to wait at all and got good vapor instantly @ lower levels.

coflycasr

Quick question, I have the inhalater xp and just ordered the pinnacle water tool. what part do I need for my inhalater to make it compatible with the pinnacle water tool? Any suggestions are definitely welcome.

coflycasr,

HerbalHealing

Hard, hard public comunication ;-?

With herbs, the difference between vapour and smoke is not all that obvious. We tend to view anything harsh on the throat as akin to smoke. We may not say what is best for a particular user with a particular herb in a particular circumstance.

We try to build the most polyvalent technology and answer to all the questions.

Below 5 is for low temp substrates.

Power on of the heating element is percievable on LED when battery is low

Units are throughly cleaned and sanitized. Burn off are not required in our opinion

I really hope pessimists don't cause you to leave us. I'd much rather hear from you then repetitive whining about waiting for orders or making mountains out of mole hills (i mean, what do sticker colors really matter??). Even if they decide against buying an XP, there are more than enough ppl lined up wanting one. (I personally know of at least 5 on order by friends, and I'm waiting on another one for myself). I'd suggest focusing on the posters that keep it optimistic with positive criticisms that might help you (and all of us).

I'm wondering, those who complain about the xp, what is a better unit in your opinion? If the Q3 is not as good as the Q2, what else is out there that's better than the Q3? Even if the xp was 80% as good as it is, I feel it's still the best portable out there. If your preferred clouds are now at 7 instead of 6 on an older model, what's the difference? Is the highest temp not high enough for you? Also, no one is discussing the quality/humidity/how find the grind is, of the materials being tested with. I get different results with different variatioins, and have developed reasonable expectations now.
Sure I'd like a temp indicator, a battery level meter, user configurability, hell, why not add wheels so I can ride on it, and maybe move the holes 1mm, the lights should be a different shade of green, change the font on the label, maybe a different color charging cable?...blah blah.

I still feel my Q3 XP is the best overall portable I've used, and I've used many. If you know of a better model, then let's hear it as I'd like to get one.

@TransHumanC - I agree with Sonic, the solo is one of the best out there (portable or otherwise) in terms of taste & flavour. But that, and perhaps reliability (at this point) is as far as it's superiority goes IMO. I'd guess the Ascent might also provide as good taste being glass path, but then again, they are having their own quality & production problems.

Last edited:

Sonics420

What happened to your solo?

hahaha great post @HerbalHealing
I traded it for my underdog (which I love), just didn't need another portable and my Solo wasn't really portable for my uses.. Solos can be obtained for less than $120.00 so If I ever wanted another one I'd get it again anyway.

I think the bowl was too small for me too, I would need at least 2 stems to get where I need to be.

Quick question, I have the inhalater xp and just ordered the pinnacle water tool. what part do I need for my inhalater to make it compatible with the pinnacle water tool? Any suggestions are definitely welcome.

All I used was a simple o-ring to create a air tight seal. you can also use your hygenic tube that came with your XP and it should sit up against the opening in your water tube..

Other people have gone with silicone ect but the o-ring works fine for me... but I lost it already :rofl:

Sonics420,
Reactions: 2clicker

Inhalater

Manufacturer
It's great to pack a cap and discuss the subject. Would not hold it up to anyone for expressing their thoughts. Beleive in democracy :-)

Sometimes it's not obvious to me how our post seem offensive and it's just better to lay off if its starts going in that direction

We really built this thing on your feedback, give our best at it and we use this technology everyday. We like it too :-)

Inhalater,
Reactions: jonezen
Top Bottom