Discontinued Inhalater XP

Hi Inhalater. I don't have any negative feelings about the product per se and of course I wouldn't post without having the unit in my hands first (come on, that one goes without saying, have I not come across as a relatively reasonable -- albeit douchey -- human being?!?!?).

I honestly don't mind the wait, particularly for something as good as a Q3 Inhalater XP. It's just that it is the second time I'm told that something has shipped to me and is on it's way when in fact it hasn't. I'm sure these two mistakes are unintentional and mostly due to product release chaos but in the end the effect is largely the same on the receiving end. A wee bit frustrating, particularly considering that on both occasions I found out that the item had not shipped just by chance (would much rather being told directly). I guess I'm spoiled by close to a decade's worth of internet purchasing with tracking numbers, shipment notification, etc and I should learn not to expect that everywhere.

Re your previous reply to me: I don't remember ever doing something so stupid as pressuring the company to ship an unfinished product. Do alert me to the fact if I indeed did such a thing. I was also encouraged to work with a third party vendor. I did initially and I had good customer service experience but in the end when the product malfunctioned I was referred to the manufacturer so I'm not sure what I should do next time.

I'm very eager to have my third replacement shipped out to me at some point. I'm currently using the Lotus Vaporizer and while I do like it a lot it isn't really useful when you need to medicate with mid-grade stuff.

It is kind of like waiting for my impending heart and epilepsy attacks: lot's of warning signs and symptoms, a few false alarms, but nothing exciting just yet....

el_floripondio,

Sonics420

That capsule needs to be discarted.

Use the new capsules. So long as they are not tight because of resin accumulation, there should be no problem using them

The new capsules I use do get crushed (even more crushed than that pic). That is the reason I pulled out an old one to test it and got the same problem.

Sonics420,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Is this hapening with your new XP or some older unit?

Are your capsules longuer INH004 capsules?

Last edited:
Inhalater,

Sonics420

The silver unit you have recently sent me, my capsules have only been used in my XP. I will get some pics uploaded shortly.

Sonics420,

Sonics420

No..maybe the chambers deformed? Best pic I can get but you can tell its not a full circle.

7Fez9Fn.jpg

Sonics420,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Ok Sonics. There is the problem.

Redressing this is touchy. Please do not go too fast here.

If the heating chamber leads are directly behind the deformation, there is a strong risk of breaking them off while prying.

Can you provide a picture where we can see the LED position in relation to the deformation. This will give indication of leads position.

As to reason why there is a deformation, this may be caused if the unit is dropped or unusual thermal dilatation.

Inhalater,

Sonics420

Yes the deformation is directly behind the top LED..hard to get a pic but its lined up.

Sonics420,

Old School

Vape13man
Inhalater....if I remember correctly Sonics is a former blunt man so I believe he runs up in the higher temps.....that chamber looks very cooked and don't I also recall you being concerned about running it on max temp...it may have been an email...but deformation was what I believe you were most concerned about.....
or could this capacitor glitch you caught possibly have been a factor.....
I've never really been convinced that the Q2 "one hit wonder" was only caused by a temp limit...so I'm not overly surprised after learning what the corrective action was to be {just a simple max temp setting, were gonna raise it} wondering will we now be running into more over cooked chambers..?

I only hope at some point we can take a deeper look into what may have been the secret to the Q2 production run...? if that happens it's my feeling that we will discover it was much more than just the temperature range ceiling......:horse:....sorry just couldn't help myself.....

edit: >>>>>>>>>AWESOME Post 69<<<<<<<<<<< NICE....

Old School,
Reactions: Sonics420

Inhalater

Manufacturer
@Old School No this is not the type of deformation I was relating to regarding extreme temps.

What I was refering to is delamination of polyimide in heating chamber. You can see some of this in the image as small blisters following heating element patterns. Nothing critical here. But yes, an indication that unit is run hot.

@Sonics420 Ok the lead are located on the other side so risk of damage are lower.

You can push the deformation back with a blunt rod like a pen or flat screwdriver that is aligned between heating chamber and screen filter. Do not pry the other side were leads are located.

There should be no problem: Be calm, use good lighting, if you are to high wait a little;

Don't break your unit! Don't overdo it. Don't fiddle it more than necessary.

May our little operation be a success! :-)

pryback2.jpeg
Don't

Pryback.jpeg

Shifu

@saihtam13, whats the serial number on your device? That's good news. How is the vapor production throughout the range? A few users have reported a little less clouds as compared to previous models. What is your stance on the cloud production for your unit?

Mine is a XPB1299 and I must say that i'm disappointed by the vapor.
@Inhalater my advice for the inh005 => Firmware update via computer.
If it's possible make à software on the computer for that and don't force update it. Maybe some people would like the "x" version better than the new "y" update so better let us the choice to put version we want.
Digital display to know the battery level and the actual dégree (leave that 1-8 and put some thing digital with à + and - thatbump the dégree by 5.)
125-270 degree celcius (why 270 ? Hash use)
And something to get way more vape.
That's all I guess. With all those things I think we really would have one of the best portable vaporizer

Shifu,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
250 Celsius is very hot for vaporisation. If your herbs come out like on the image below, you may not expect to get more vapour out of your substrate in any manner. Use differents herb or add more to the capsule.

maxout.jpeg

Inhalater,

Shifu

I only vape my weed at 5-7 max don't worry. I was suggesting 270 for those who smoke hash since it's the highest temp needed to vaporize it. but still 250 is high enough, it's up to you :)

Shifu,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
@Shifu Inhalater works greats with keif. We do not expect it to become compatible with hard or tar like derivatives. If unit conforms to your temperature preference and substrate is uniformly spent, why are you critical of vapours? Did you try changing herb type and quantity.

Herbs above where loosely packed (half capsule) and are mostly heated by convection and radiation. Tighly packing the capsule will increase conduction effect on herb.

Inhalater,

Old School

Vape13man
Mine is a XPB1299 and I must say that i'm disappointed by the vapor.
@Inhalater my advice for the inh005 => Firmware update via computer.
If it's possible make à software on the computer for that and don't force update it. Maybe some people would like the "x" version better than the new "y" update so better let us the choice to put version we want.
I'm just curious....is this your 1st time using an XP..? I really like the idea of a small software agent that could configure these XP's via the USB port...I in fact asked if I could have the replacement I was sent reconfigured with the Q2 settings.....well as it turns out there were several reasons why not;
1. They have a special jig setup to configure them and it can't be run on an everyday PC....
2. Then I was told something about the config was either misplaced or undocumented or both....
3. Finally {perhaps to shut me up} I was told that they no longer have the ability themselves on the latest release - something about being preconfigured and possibly even hard set....
I do think it is a great idea though......
I wouldn't complain about a digital readout or even loosing the switch altogether but really in the end ALL I personally want is the original device that I was sold.....that did in fact and was in fact the best vapor producing hand held unit that I and all of those I shared it with...have ever used.......
It was so smooth and rich a little warm on the lips but adding a small tube took care of that {which later became a great collector of reclaim oil}...... anyway it was amazing and left everyone who tried it with just one BURNING question......why the hell am I smoking......

Inhalater - I have to disagree with you...not sure you can rely on color of your ABV....I had a whole ash try full of that very same looking ABV maybe even a little bit darker {from my VB2} anyway when my Q2 XP showed up I did the recommended burn off and I was get loads of vapor....I wasn't inhaling it so the very next morning I did it again straight from the dark brown ashtray.....again loads of vapor..of course the taste waste as good as fresh but it flat knocked me on my ass...{I later learned why}
I do agree that this technology is very much so in it's infancy stage, however maturing at a decent rate.....what has me beside myself with shock and amazement is that you folks stumbled upon a truly winning formula and somehow didn't realize it...and now realizing it can't recreate it......:horse:

The Q2 XP will soon be an old wives tale....I can tell all my friends about.....
Oh and BTW not that this was anything I was excited about....but you killed the "Storm Trooper" I've heard a complaint or 2 from friends who were really wanting one of them :shrug:

Still waiting to even hear from @Inhalater to give them my address to send the replacement to?
Dude...don't wait for an email just send them your address.......

Old School,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
@Old School One can keep turning the heat and a get visible plumes until herbs are turned into combution ashes. Yes this will make you dizzy but not from THC: from released product of dry distillation. One get back to the point of smoking,, inhaling cellulose by products.

@VapeNStone I suspected we had your address on file. We are clearing all returns today and tomorrow. Could you please contact me here to make sure: admin@inhalater.com

Inhalater,

Old School

Vape13man
@Old School One can keep turning the heat and a get visible plumes until herbs are turned into combution ashes. Yes this will make you dizzy but not from THC: from released product of dry distillation. One get back to the point of smoking,, inhaling cellulose by products.
Come on now really....all the emails we have exchanged and you don't think I know the difference between being dizzy and being THC medicated {stoned} wow....
Now I could go on again about how vastly different in every way the Q2 was from my replacement...but like you I gotta get back to being productive....perhaps another time......
***Listen thrilled to hear that all of the replacements are to be processed by COB tomorrow...if true this is great news.....also curious will replacements all be USB mod or newer or mix of both...?

Zethin

@VapeNStone I suspected we had your address on file. We are clearing all returns today and tomorrow. Could you please contact me here to make sure: admin@inhalater.com
Woohoo! Glad to hear the replacement units are almost out @Inhalater :3 em, which color will we receive? Just the same color stripe as our unit before? Thanks!!

Zethin,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Mix of units. If we have your unit on hand we send back the same. If not most likely will get a new style

Inhalater,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
At a point these types of answers from inhalator can only be viewed as deceptive. If they don't know the difference between good vapor production and smoke, they should probably pack it in. Obviously, customer input means nothing to them - they know what is best, we need to shut up and agree.

I purchased an xp, like many, because of the rave reviews and videos. Those reviews/videos were for a different product altogether. I figured that even w/ the changes, xp would still retain good function. I think all reviewers should be contacted and urged to provide an updated review, as the product they reviewed no longer exists.

IMO. any company too pretentious to listen to their real customer base deserves to fail. I would recommend that anybody who wants to see real customer service head over to the ascent thread. Their product is not ready yet, but they have bent over backwards to make customers happy recently : CS that actually answers phones and attempts to resolve issues, refunds for unhappy customers (actually taking responsibility for issues), free upgrades to newer versions (w/in reason), & most importantly - listening to customers and taking advice on how to improve product.

I will say that if I was face to face w/ a rep who said I could receive good service down the road once they get their shit together, but not now - that rep would have a problem.

I actually received my unit from KP in like 3 days of placing order. I was using unit for a few before I gave initial review. My review would not be all bad, but my disgust w/ the company is too high at the moment to remain properly objective.

Snake Plissken,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
At a point these types of answers from inhalator can only be viewed as deceptive. If they don't know the difference between good vapor production and smoke, they should probably pack it in. Obviously, customer input means nothing to them - they know what is best, we need to shut up and agree.

I purchased an xp, like many, because of the rave reviews and videos. Those reviews/videos were for a different product altogether. I figured that even w/ the changes, xp would still retain good function. I think all reviewers should be contacted and urged to provide an updated review, as the product they reviewed no longer exists.

IMO. any company too pretentious to listen to their real customer base deserves to fail. I would recommend that anybody who wants to see real customer service head over to the ascent thread. Their product is not ready yet, but they have bent over backwards to make customers happy recently : CS that actually answers phones and attempts to resolve issues, refunds for unhappy customers (actually taking responsibility for issues), free upgrades to newer versions (w/in reason), & most importantly - listening to customers and taking advice on how to improve product.

I will say that if I was face to face w/ a rep who said I could receive good service down the road once they get their shit together, but not now - that rep would have a problem.

I actually received my unit from KP in like 3 days of placing order. I was using unit for a few before I gave initial review. My review would not be all bad, but my disgust w/ the company is too high at the moment to remain properly objective.

This post borders on company-bashing. You've posted your opinion of Pharmacor before, we don't need it again. Anything more along this line from you will earn a warning point.

Zethin

Mix of units. If we have your unit on hand we send back the same. If not most likely will get a new style

Have all USB port issues been resolved? Are these units actually gonna last? And just out of curiosity, does the replacement unit now void my warranty?

Zethin,

Shifu

@Shifu Inhalater works greats with keif. We do not expect it to become compatible with hard or tar like derivatives. If unit conforms to your temperature preference and substrate is uniformly spent, why are you critical of vapours? Did you try changing herb type and quantity.

Herbs above where loosely packed (half capsule) and are mostly heated by convection and radiation. Tighly packing the capsule will increase conduction effect on herb.

Okay thanks for the keif part information :)
Just tried another herb and thicked it has much as i could and i've got some decent vapes at 6-7 but not much at 5. Still it's not bad in high temp ! :)
I noticed something strange, every 5 sec the top led shut off by 80% and comes back to normal after 2 secondes. It didn't do it before. Does it warn me of something ?

I'm just curious....is this your 1st time using an XP..? I really like the idea of a small software agent that could configure these XP's via the USB port...I in fact asked if I could have the replacement I was sent reconfigured with the Q2 settings.....well as it turns out there were several reasons why not;
1. They have a special jig setup to configure them and it can't be run on an everyday PC....
2. Then I was told something about the config was either misplaced or undocumented or both....
3. Finally {perhaps to shut me up} I was told that they no longer have the ability themselves on the latest release - something about being preconfigured and possibly even hard set....
I do think it is a great idea though......
I wouldn't complain about a digital readout or even loosing the switch altogether but really in the end ALL I personally want is the original device that I was sold.....that did in fact and was in fact the best vapor producing hand held unit that I and all of those I shared it with...have ever used.......
It was so smooth and rich a little warm on the lips but adding a small tube took care of that {which later became a great collector of reclaim oil}...... anyway it was amazing and left everyone who tried it with just one BURNING question......why the hell am I smoking......

Inhalater - I have to disagree with you...not sure you can rely on color of your ABV....I had a whole ash try full of that very same looking ABV maybe even a little bit darker {from my VB2} anyway when my Q2 XP showed up I did the recommended burn off and I was get loads of vapor....I wasn't inhaling it so the very next morning I did it again straight from the dark brown ashtray.....again loads of vapor..of course the taste waste as good as fresh but it flat knocked me on my ass...{I later learned why}
I do agree that this technology is very much so in it's infancy stage, however maturing at a decent rate.....what has me beside myself with shock and amazement is that you folks stumbled upon a truly winning formula and somehow didn't realize it...and now realizing it can't recreate it......:horse:

The Q2 XP will soon be an old wives tale....I can tell all my friends about.....
Oh and BTW not that this was anything I was excited about....but you killed the "Storm Trooper" I've heard a complaint or 2 from friends who were really wanting one of them :shrug:

Dude...don't wait for an email just send them your address.......

Yup it's my first time using a XP

Yeah I was referring about that Q2 problem about talking the choice of using the version we want to. But I if they did change something inside the Inhalater from the Q2 to the Q3 it may not be possible to resolve that with just a firmware update, but if nothing really changed inside I guess it should not be that hard to make an update of it by ourself. Dunno what Inhalater could do about that at the moment though I would love to get my hand on a software update and put that Q2 soft to try it out!

What's the "recommended burn off" you're talking about ?

Top Bottom