Discontinued Inhalater XP

HerbalHealing

Looks nice man. What kind of external battery is that? How does it work, USB-microUSB?

Brand is Anker, one of the more reputable brands I could find. Not the cheapest, but had great reviews. I think it cost me about $40.

It just has a USB port (output) and micro usb port (input). They have all sorts of capacities, depending on how many mAh you need, but.this size is perfect for me at 5600mAh as the XP's battery is 2600mAh.

Sometimes I vape with it plugged in when I know it will see heavy use, and the battery fits nicely in my pocket.

The battery can charge from ANY micro usb charger (i use an iphone's which came with it). Charges at 1A which is the same as the inhalater, so I can use the same charger & cable for both.

Ebay/Amazon have lots of brands & sizes.

Since I am a 9-5'er, I sometimes forget to charge my vape at night and don't like plugging it in the office. I can leave the vape charging in my desk or laptop bag during the day and it's fully charged by the time I need it, or even in the car (temperatures permitting). Once the XP's charged, I plug my battery in and leave it on my desk as it's just spare power for my mobile devices if anyone asks.

HerbalHealing,

hiphiphooray

Awesome stuff guys. Looks like Im going to be getting a Anker charger and some PBW. What exactly is the PBW? Is it truly better than an Iso bath? I heard Iso works well for the capsules.

Last edited:
hiphiphooray,

gosaints420

Last edited:
gosaints420,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Yes and it also shows that the material does not degrade itself with normal use

Inhalater,

2clicker

Observer
Posted this in the 004 thred but wanted to share here to.

My biggest gripe with the Inhalator was that after a month of use my capsules looked just like Vitolo's and they would never come clean. In my eyes this meant I would have to replace them to get that like new taste again and at $10 a pop +shipping that could get expensive. Well recently I scored a Mobius Ion Matrix out of the classifieds:rockon: and decided to get some PBW to keep it crystal clear. You can probably see whats coming but one thing led to another and my Inhalator capsules ended up soaking in PBW. WOW! it actually worked after a 48hr soak my capsule is almost like new. Even where the piece of poly overlaps itself is clear again. I imagine another soak or 2 and it will be completely clean. So there you go I highly recommend you try cleaning your capsules with PBW

so your soaking them in PBW for two days?

i thought PBW had to be pretty hot (hot water) for it to do its magic.

i wonder if straight simple green would work well...

both my capsules need a cleaning.:rockon:

2clicker,

gosaints420

so your soaking them in PBW for two days?

i thought PBW had to be pretty hot (hot water) for it to do its magic.

i wonder if straight simple green would work well...

both my capsules need a cleaning.:rockon:

I think you can use a hot water rinse repeat process to speed up the cleaning or just let it soak. I opted for the second because I'm lazy. I don't think it will take that long if you clean them regularly mine was just really dirty. As far as the simple green there is only one way to find out.

gosaints420,
Reactions: 2clicker

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
Thanks hiphiphooray and inhalator. I appreciate the info. The only place I really see them for sale is kushland, and that is still preorder only. If we're still on schedule for the week of the 8th, I'm assuming that they just haven't made it there yet.

If the only difference between q3 and q4 is the appearance of the usb port, I can live w/ the one they cut w/ a butter knife.

I am sure I will be happy w/ the inhalater, but I will be even happier if I can find the gong attachment in this video:
Does anyone know what it is and where to get one? It seems way cooler, imo, than the whip version I've seen.

Snake Plissken,

hiphiphooray

@CentiZen is that guy in the video. he could fill u in better than I can, but he made it by lobbing off the end of a 14mm piece and attaching it to the inhalater by the tubing. I hear that the inhalater has a tight fit on the right diameter (maybe 18mm) so u may not need an attachment at all depending on your piece. Or you could use a 18mm to 14mm, which is essentially what he did with the tubing.

if u order now, im not sure u will be able to get a janky usb Q3 release. They already made that batch, so unless someone cancelled an order u would likely have to put an order in and get it with the next batch. I may be wrong, but from the pics inhalater has been posting, it seems like Q3.1 (4th release or w.e, janky usb ones) was a rather small batch, maybe 15 or so in the pic.

Last edited:

CapitalFlower

@Snake. We get overly lost in technical details. Feel confident you will love the INH XP.

@jjl5590 The XP heating chamber is not like the 004's. There is a silver weld at the base off the heating chamber where it meets with the Ni/Cr heating element. The combination of the material is challenging and makes for fragile welds. Special flux must be used, professionel soldering iron with temperature adjustment is necessary. If you try this yourself, make sure you do not use solder with lead and meticulously clean flux residues.

Heating lead also may come unworking without obvious reasons. Feel confortable of sending your unit in for warranty repair.

@HerbalHealing. Feel good to read. Some comments do make us suffer sometimes :... - (

Thanks for the reply. I do feel however that if I try this myself, the warranty would go out the window. Taylor from OSV got back to me this morning and told me to email Inhalater directly, so I'll send over an email now.

Josh

Last edited:
CapitalFlower,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Thanks hiphiphooray and inhalator. I appreciate the info. The only place I really see them for sale is kushland, and that is still preorder only. If we're still on schedule for the week of the 8th, I'm assuming that they just haven't made it there yet.

If the only difference between q3 and q4 is the appearance of the usb port, I can live w/ the one they cut w/ a butter knife.

I am sure I will be happy w/ the inhalater, but I will be even happier if I can find the gong attachment in this video:
Does anyone know what it is and where to get one? It seems way cooler, imo, than the whip version I've seen.

couldn't you use this???

http://www.planetvape.ca/inhalater-xp-gong-water-tool-adapter.html

mmenzie,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist

I just don't like it, just preference. I would also like to use the pinnacle wt on the go and the adapter centizen was using seems way more discreet and practical for that. The adapter in the link looks tougher to keep clean as well.

I didn't know that the end of the inh xp was a standard fit, definitely a plus. I figured it would be funky like the pinnacle (which requires a plastic tip converter).

so hiphiphooray, are you saying that the only way to get an inh xp anytime soon is to preorder? Pretty turned off to that idea after the ascent debacle. Kushland's ad on ebay still says they are expecting units 'the week of the 8th'. Is this just to meet preorders or are they getting stock on hand? If anyone knows, not expecting mindreading. I can't understand how it would be at all economically feasible to make a production run of only 15 units.

Snake Plissken,

hiphiphooray

@Snake Plissken, go view the comments of the video u posted for more info on the adapter. I preordered from planetvape about 2-3 weeks ago and I will be receiving the jankyusb Q3 inhalater. It is expected to ship to planetvape on the 8th, which means itll probably be an additional week before i see mine. yeah... its a wait, but should be worth it.

So yeah the 8th is just the shipping date for the preorders.

Ur best bet will be contacting each company and inquiring about any Q3 release inhalaters for sale. Since the preorder buyers like myself were given the option of keeping the janky USB port or waiting for the next batch, there are bound to be some individuals that chose to wait. As a result, there should be a few Inhalaters already made, ready to be sold. If not, go ahead and ask if they are still taking preorders for the next round of inhalaters. If so, then you should be able to get yours in about a month (and it will have a nice usb port).

i'm not sure how many they make per batch, but heres a recent post from inhalater that led me to believe it was a rather small production amount:
Please see units we put out today :-)

production.gif

11 units total in that picture, black units still weren't done and they are finishing them up now to ship off. Mine, along with others that ordered Q3 Inhalaters should arrive in the next 2 weeks. I'm not sure if this is all the Inhalaters they made for Q3, or if this is just a subset made on a particular day. Not sure, but regardless, the preorder seems to be the way to ensure an inhalater but try calling retailers and see whats up.

Last edited:

Inhalater

Manufacturer
That was the subset of end of work week along with 15 others partially finished..... 2 people going at it. This technology does take lots of time to produce at this moment.

Inhalater,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
Well, it is what it is but kinda sucks for me. I waited 6 months for the ascent to get to the preorder stage, was on the 1st release list, waited for that to end up returning the unit, now waiting for my refund so that I can wait for an inhalator. The better part of a year w/ no vape. Oh well, hopefully I got here just in time for the kinks to be worked out.

I had no idea these were being produced in such limited runs. Is there not enough demand for them to warrant more than a 2 man operation? I'm sure there are lots of factors I'm completely unaware of though.

Snake Plissken,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
The technology is complicated to produce. There are many production bottlenecks that need to be removed one by one. We expect to grow to a production capacity to 500 units a week next year.

Meanwhile each released unit is patiently manufactured. Q3 is better, but with Q2 we joked that units needed love and patience; they were so finiky that even with the greatest dedication it was a guess that they would run or not.

HSIHP

So Inhalater, will I be able to order one and have it delivered in October? Or do you not have enough units out yet?

Dark Kite

Hello everyone I just recieved my Inhalater a few days ago and it is working great. It attaches direction to my bong with no additional acessories needed, and this will probably replace my extreme q. My only concern is that it is a #1254. Does this mean that the usb port will fail?

hiphiphooray

@Dark Kite, Glad your XP is working nicely. What company did you get your XP through, and what size is your bong? 18mm?

Hello everyone I just recieved my Inhalater a few days ago and it is working great. It attaches direction to my bong with no additional acessories needed, and this will probably replace my extreme q. My only concern is that it is a #1254. Does this mean that the usb port will fail?

#1254 means that your USB port was handcut. Which means that it looks kinda ghetto. Here is a picture of what your USB port looks like:
Port.jpg

As you can see, it doesn't look very professional. However, they put wraps over top of the USB port so you shouldn't be able to even see this.

The reason everyone was complaining about it is:
Some users plan on removing the wrap and the handcut USB port does not look as great as they want it to be. Paying 250$, some users want to ensure they have a nice looking unit.

The reason people remove the wrap varies from stealth to just personal preference.

@Snake Plissken, Sorry about you're accent. that does suck. But it happens every time with a new product. Literally almost every product on this forum, the first 50+ pages are all just complaints about how it doesn't work and how customer service is shit. But it all tends to work itself out over time. It's a necessary evil to get to the product where it needs to be. The good thing about the INHXP is that even during this time period when it broke, people still saw massive potential because of how great it was when it did work. I stopped following the ascent, but I'm sure it'll be great once it gets its kinks worked out. Da Vinci has produced some great units in the past. Hopefully the kinks get sorted out soon, but probably not for another while. :(

Last edited:
hiphiphooray,
Reactions: VapeNStone

Old School

Vape13man
Probable but I believe less likely to break than the new machine cut bodies {this is a guess} but also based on what inhalater has said about the USB port and the LED are currently being used as the mechanical stop for the switch itself, so if his statement still stands for the newly machined bodies #1280 and above.......then I feel you will be much better off {less chance for failure} with the janky USB ports as they all have a fairly hefty amount of epoxy in there to act as a better mechanical stop, which in turn should help the USB hold out longer......
Now if the assumption is incorrect and they actually have developed a method for providing a more stable and secure mechanical stop for the #1280 and up.....then nevermind newer should have a longer USB life cycle {MTBF} providing it does actually lock the circuit board in place whereby avoiding any disturbance to the USB and or LED light.....

Old School,

hiphiphooray

@Dark Kite, Thought I'd bring the original Inhalater quote in case you or anyone following the thread wanted it for reference.

The reason why the port has been coming off the board was that USB slot was misadjusted in Q1 and because the fixation slots were not properly drilled on the PC boards of Q2.

@Old School, I haven't taken apart an Inhalater, so I'm not familiar with the internals. Are you saying that the fixation slots they mentioned don't work well?

hiphiphooray,

Old School

Vape13man
No I'm certain they would know better about anything having to do with any of that circuit board alignment holes etc... I trust then explicitly to have a handle on all that sort of thing.....
The issue that I am pointing out is much more basic than that.....something I learned because my XP's USB port came out completely.....I could bore you with the long story as to how I made my little discovery
I'll jump right to the issue instead.....the circuit board is basically a round disc that can freely spin within the base of the XP....and the mounted to that disc is a switch that we human are meant to spin to turn it on.....so now something has to hold the disc in place....?
The reason why the port has been coming off the board was that USB slot was misadjusted in Q1 and because the fixation slots were not properly drilled on the PC boards of Q2.

I beleive a lot of people removed decals from early units because they peeled. This is not a problem anymore. Units look great in all color to me

Accessing the battery will always be risky for unexperience, untooled person.

Port and LED are in fact mechanical stoppers.
.....and I'm afraid it currently is going to be the USB and the LED {which btw the LED stops nothing b/c when my USB port fell out that LED simply pushed in}
What this means is to my simple minded way of thinking......if the USB is the only thing strong enough to secure the assembly....then each and everytime we turn it on / off the USB port suffers impact....which over time will take its toll.....so those ugly units with the epoxy all up in them are going to more likely survive much longer than the newer clean cut bodies {which I'm expecting to see that they simply made the hole larger} but they may decide to use epoxy on the inside {which I found to be the case with my Q2 models} I'm thinking that might be the fuel behind the experience and or tooled persons.....
Not to fear we can take precautions once you've been properly informed.....

>>>>>"DO NOT allow anyone other than yourself to turn it on and off or even adjust the temp"<<<<<<

These things are NOT as rugged as they feel......

Last edited:
Old School,
Reactions: Sonics420

hiphiphooray

Well that sucks if i can't even let my friends turn it out without being worried about it :(

@Inhalater, whats the status of the black XP units? Will they be shipped to Planet Vape soon?

And as far as the USB port security goes, I'm still a little concerned. Can you give any more concrete details about what exactly holds the circuit board in place besides the USB and LED? Are there any precautions we should take when handling the unit to ensure nothing will pop loose?

I'm sure you guys have got it all figured out, but it'd give us some peace of mind to hear something from you directly.

hiphiphooray,
Reactions: Old School
Top Bottom