Discontinued Inhalater XP

hiphiphooray

good news is that Q3 releases should have fixed that problem. according to inhalator.

bad news is that Q3 literally just finished. Now U'll be waiting until November for a replacement, IF you act now.

hiphiphooray,
Well after weeks of thinking it wouldn't happen to me, my XP has finally stopped working. It no longer charges properly, and when I turn it on, the light just blinks a few times and then dies. It was working fine during the day, then all of a sudden decided to fail.

Bit of a dilemma as to what to do now, I wonder why these units randomly fail?
Did you have one of the newest Q3 units?

good news is that Q3 releases should have fixed that problem. according to inhalator.

bad news is that Q3 literally just finished. Now U'll be waiting until November for a replacement, IF you act now.
Where the fuck did you hear this? Did Inhalater tell you this? Because that's 2 more months for what?

VapeNStone,
no. Q3 isnt out yet. Q3 replacements are, but his just broke.
I thought the Q3 was the ones that they just started to send out? WTF is going on here? Are you sure you know what your talking about and not just spitting "opinions"? When did he receive his replacement? Was he one of the ones that just got it in the last week?

VapeNStone,

hiphiphooray

Q3 has been produced. They shipped replacements but not new orders. Since his JUST broke, I think its safe to assume he didnt have a Q3 replacement. Not sure why your post was so rude lol. Just using common sense to figure out he doesnt have a Q3. Unless it broke in a matter of 5 days, in which case his post is misleading at best

edit: That nov date was posted by inhalater a while back. You r right, he may have Q3, but i doubt it.

hiphiphooray,
Q3 has been produced. They shipped replacements but not new orders. Since his JUST broke, I think its safe to assume he didnt have a Q3 replacement. Not sure why your post was so rude lol. Just using common sense to figure out he doesnt have a Q3. Unless it broke in a matter of 5 days, in which case his post is misleading at best
my post was rude because you gave information that wasn't true. Why would you say something to scare the community when you have no source of the info? Because when I heard you say November for a replacement I was about to flip.

VapeNStone,

hiphiphooray

Dude common sense tells you a replacement ordered now will arrive in November at best. There is a source, give me a bit to find it. im mobile now but free in an hour

just to clarify, when u make an order, they have to build a unit. since they just finished building the Q3 orders, the next batch is likely in November.

hiphiphooray,
Dude common sense tells you a replacement ordered now will arrive in November at best. There is a source, give me a bit to find it. im mobile now but free in an hour
No common sense would tell me that they should be getting going in a few weeks not months. The newest ones with the USB fix should be getting sent next week(if you have been following you would have noticed that the newest ones fixed the USB problem but it still looks janky, so even newer ones are coming in a week or so to fix the look of it(better cutting on the shell), so IDK where your getting your information.

VapeNStone,

hiphiphooray

Lol ur just misunderstanding. Look Q3 is out and shipping now like u say. Yes true. I have a Q3 shipping as we speak. His JUST broke. If he orders a replacement, he is looking at Q4 or second batch Q3.

hiphiphooray,

hiphiphooray

@VapeNStone I'm back at my PC so I can fill you in on exactly what happened... To everyone else, sorry for the long post, but I have to clear some things up. My information is perfectly valid.

Well after weeks of thinking it wouldn't happen to me, my XP has finally stopped working. It no longer charges properly, and when I turn it on, the light just blinks a few times and then dies. It was working fine during the day, then all of a sudden decided to fail.

So from this we can see:
1. "Weeks of thinking" means he most likely doesn't have Q3 which has only been out as a REPLACEMENT for 1 week. Still not even out for new purchases.
2. All of the issues he is describing is of a Q1 model. Anyone following the thread would know that. Here is a source since you have trouble listening to reason...
I've had 3 XPs:
  • first generation (received in february) -- battery connectivity issue, unit stopped turning on (common for this generation)
  • second generation (received in march) -- usb port issue (common for this generation)
  • third generation (received in july) -- been using regularly for about a month now with absolutely no issue. It does have that USB port mod but I find it more funny than ugly.
Now to move on to my information I provided. From Inhalater describing the completion of Q3 SECOND RELEASE units with machine cut USBs:
We will get over 1280 with new batch of plastic in 2 weeks. They should be on the market in 4 weeks.
Here is a second from Inhalater later saying Q4 would likely be in time for christmas. PlanetVape stated sometime around Nov possibly.
No difference other than machine cut ports up to release of Q4 - same electronics new molded bodies with extra features - just in times for Christmas

my post was rude because you gave information that wasn't true. Why would you say something to scare the community when you have no source of the info? Because when I heard you say November for a replacement I was about to flip.
How is my information false? You are not using common sense and wasting forum space with dumb questions...
No common sense would tell me that they should be getting going in a few weeks not months. The newest ones with the USB fix should be getting sent next week(if you have been following you would have noticed that the newest ones fixed the USB problem but it still looks janky, so even newer ones are coming in a week or so to fix the look of it(better cutting on the shell), so IDK where your getting your information.
I don't even know where to begin here... You're acting like this guy can just call and get one shipped today. They don't have infinite Q3 XPs just sitting around waiting for old ones to break. Let me explain the common sense of marketing:
1. You place an order.
2. They receive the order.
3. The produce your product in the next batch of Inhalaters.
4. They ship the product.

Now since his, JUST BROKE, I am going to tell him that his replacement will be either Q3 release 2, or Q4. So if he places an order now, his replacement will be one of these two models. The first, being the Q3 2nd release, is actually not due in a few weeks like you said. The quote from PlanetVape's email said, "Wait an additional 30 days (anticipated)" which means next month at best for Q3 2nd release. As far as Q4 release, those will be here in time for christmas hopefully, as stated by Inhalater.

Sorry for being a prick about this, but you shouldn't have been so rude. You immediately declared all of my information as false when it is all perfectly valid. I would be upset if someone told me my Q3 was going to arrive in November, but that's not at all what I said. I am waiting on Q3 release 1 unit as we speak, which should arrive in the next 2 weeks. AGAIN this is stated by Inhalater, who said:
2 weeks at the most. My best estimate.
However, once more, if he orders one, he won't be getting a Q3, since the batch has already been made. They may have made a few extras, in which case, he could receive a Q3, but I doubt that.

Edit: Not to mention my sig clearly states Q3 Inhalater on pre-order. If you're in the same boat as I am, then our devices will be here soon m8. Happy Vaping.

Last edited:
hiphiphooray,

realslik

Obviously if you constantly drain you battery fully it will reduce the battery life of a pax or an inhalater. But assuming you treat both properly, then the XP will have much better battery life.

I chose the XP over the PAX for the following reasons:
1. The PAX is notorious for wasting bud.
2. The PAX has all its stealth lost if it is unclean. The smell is awful unless you clean it daily.
3. The XP has longer battery life, can be used during charge, and is more portable because you can use any microusb charger, which are everywhere.
4. The PAX has shit modes to choose from when vaping. You either get, no vapor, shit clouds, or burnt weed. Definitely an overstatement, but I really didn't enjoy the 3 setting only on the PAX.
5. The XP to me is more about performance (thick clouds, good battery, etc) where the PAX is more about the looks. It was an easy choice for me. Just like picking my android and HP computer over any apple products. It may look nice, but in a performance test it gets beat all the time.

As far as the other vapes you mentioned, I don't know enough about the pro to comment. But I did alot of research on the ascent as well, and its just like the inhalater was about a year ago. Great on paper, but just has way to many QC issues. The ascent may very well be better than the XP if it works, but right now it doesnt work and its just a huge hassle. If you want the ascent, definitely wait before you get it. I would have said the same about the XP a while back, but now its kind of at the point where everything is starting to kick into gear.

All that aside, the only real advantage the ascent offers over the XP is digital temps and glass on glass connection. It will taste better most likely, but the digitial temperature range accuracy will probably be questionable even when they get everything working. I've never found any digital units to be accurate with temperatures, because once you draw the temperature decreases rather quickly.

If you want advice on picking the right vaporizer for you, you need to come up with a list of your priorities. Like if your only priority is taste, then I'd recommend the solo and or waiting for the ascent. Although if you just want a good overall portable, the best on the market right now is probably the XP. The solo is great too, and cheaper, but not truly "portable" like the XP.
Thanks for the helpful post. I think im set on this now but when should I order to get the latest model with the new usb port?

realslik,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
@jjl5590 the problem you are having is ruptured leads on the heater. When the computer does not register any heating it shuts down after 5 blinks. It appears that unit does not charge because battery is full and stays full.

The leads break went the capsule gets overly sticky and are twisted out..... how often did you clean your Inhalater?

No miracle on this friend. Will have to send the unit in for repair. We can negociate something if you desire a complet Q3 upgrade.

Last edited:
Inhalater,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
The more I read this thread, the more confused I am. Is inhalator producing 20 pc. production runs or what? Shouldn't a company produce more units than what are in immediate demand?

When people discuss releases they seem to be only referring to replacement runs - w/o differentiating between replacement and available for sale units. Makes it difficult to determine timing of release for 1st time purchasers.

Now I hear that if I am able to purchase a q3 at some undetermined date, I am an idiot because immediately afterwards they are releasing q4 w/ more features (also not saying what these features might be). If the company already has q4 specs ready to be manufactured, why are they even messing w/ the q3 version which supposedly has less features? Knowing what new features are to be incorporated in q4 would help in making any decision.

I just went through a bunch of bs w/ the ascent, and am just looking to get a unit that actually exists and at least partially meets the marketing hype. I have issues w/ most portables which make them less than ideal for my use, and still have high hopes that this will be the vape for me.

Snake Plissken,

CapitalFlower

@jjl5590 the problem you are having is ruptured leads on the heater. When the computer does not register any heating it shuts down after 5 blinks. It appears that unit does not charge because battery is full and stays full.

The leads break went the capsule gets overly sticky and are twisted out..... how often did you clean your Inhalater?

No miracle on this friend. Will have to send the unit in for repair. We can negociate something if you desire a complet Q3 upgrade.

Thanks for the info.

I've taken good care of the unit as if I had OCD. The capsule has always been super clean and non-sticky, with no plant matter on its exterior. I also let the unit heat up for a few seconds before removing the capsule, and have never felt any resistance. It just broke randomly all of a sudden.

I had owned an original INH004 prior to my XP, and when the USB port broke on that I decided to strip it down a few months back. Here's some (old) pics I took of the heating element, are these the leads you were referring to?

If so, they appear to be secured by tape. Is it possible for me to re-secure the wires on my XP myself? I'm in the UK so I'd rather not be shipping it back and fourth.

Cheers

hiphiphooray

@Snake Plissken, Ill try to answer some of your questions. Let me know if there's anything unclear.

The more I read this thread, the more confused I am. Is inhalator producing 20 pc. production runs or what? Shouldn't a company produce more units than what are in immediate demand?

Pretty sure they only produce what is ordered. This is typical for a small company and a new device. Why produce 1000 units if only 10 sell and all turn out to be faulty?

When people discuss releases they seem to be only referring to replacement runs - w/o differentiating between replacement and available for sale units. Makes it difficult to determine timing of release for 1st time purchasers.

There are no clear cut model types or anything really. What I can tell you, is that they are currently working on what they refer to as Q3. However, anyone who has had an earlier Inhalater would call that like Q5, since they have seen 5 come and go already. The available units for sale currently are:

Q3 first release: This is the first batch they released under the term Q3. Its got a janky usb port but new electronics and supposedly is the best yet. No errors according to Inhalater. These devices just finished being produced and are now shipping. I ordered one myself, and it should be here in 2-3 weeks. The ones intended for replacements were shipped out before the new orders. So some people actually have had a Q3 first release for a few days now.
Q3 second release: Due sometime in the next four weeks (anticipated). If you place an order now, you will likely get this unit. This is the exact same as the previous release, except they updated the aesthetics. The key feature here is that the USB port is machine cut and looks much nicer. Those who preordered Q3 first release had the option of waiting another 30 days (again, anticipated) to receive the second release instead. I chose not to do this, others did.

Now I hear that if I am able to purchase a q3 at some undetermined date, I am an idiot because immediately afterwards they are releasing q4 w/ more features (also not saying what these features might be). If the company already has q4 specs ready to be manufactured, why are they even messing w/ the q3 version which supposedly has less features? Knowing what new features are to be incorporated in q4 would help in making any decision.

Yes, Q4 should be available after round 2 of Q3. The specific details aren't given exactly, but its supposed to be an extension of Q3 electronics. See the quote below from Inhalater. (edit: In this quote its unsure whether Q3.2 is the same thing as Q4. Now you see the confusion in the naming).
No difference other than machine cut ports up to release of Q4 - same electronics new molded bodies with extra features - just in times for Christmas
As far as when to buy, this is how technology works. You buy something great, and then something better comes along. Same as your computer, phone, etc. There's nothing you can do about it. I once read that Intel had produced up to I11 processors at the time when I7's were first released. So they already had the next few models created, but were strategically planning to release at times when they could market them best. Once enough I7's sell, they send out the next model and make everyone buy the newer one.

I just went through a bunch of bs w/ the ascent, and am just looking to get a unit that actually exists and at least partially meets the marketing hype. I have issues w/ most portables which make them less than ideal for my use, and still have high hopes that this will be the vape for me.

This device exists and is amazing...when it works. Thick clouds, great taste, awesome battery life, uniform heating, no draw resistance... I could go on and on. I am clearly a fan of the Inhalater, but you can ask almost anyone and they will tell you a working Inhalater XP blows everything out of the water. Even the skeptics on this forum agree that the Inhalater is great, but the problem is that some simply don't work and the wait time on a replacement can be awful. However, that being said, the new electronics in Q3.1, Q3.2 and Q4 should all be flawless (according to Inhalater). And as the company develops the technology and customer service are sure to get better. I guess we will see as time progresses, but if its true, now is the time to buy! I think everyone on the Q3 bandwagon will be extremely happy.

HERE ARE SOME REVIEWS YOU CAN SEE ON Q3 MODELS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING:

In reference to Q3 replacement. The newest on the market now:
Best vaporizer I have used yet.

No peeling, no usb port issue. Got all the clouds I want. I don't drive for clouds; I go for taste and smoothness on throat. Do not use the unit above 7. Tried it max out once. I guess the chart is about right.

With molasse tobacco mix I get great clouds and super sweet taste at 4-5. I can cycle it twice or three times until I feel the capsule is done.

Here is a longtime user that could answer any of your model related questions as well as back up my decision to buy now:
I've had 3 XPs:
  • first generation (received in february) -- battery connectivity issue, unit stopped turning on (common for this generation)
  • second generation (received in march) -- usb port issue (common for this generation)
  • third generation (received in july) -- been using regularly for about a month now with absolutely no issue. It does have that USB port mod but I find it more funny than ugly.
In other words, I think they've got their shit dialed as of the 3rd gen. I don't see any reports of issues here on 3rd gens.

As I understand the main thing re: 4th gen (other than fixing the USB port) is calibration. For me, my first gen was calibrated just right, my 2nd gen was calibrated too high, and my third gen is calibrated too low, but the range is large enough in all cases to have never been a problem. I believe they're dialing in the range on the 4th gen, is what I'm saying.

So if you're a fence sitter, I think now is the time to bite. It's definitely awesome having this thing to tote around with me, use at my desk, etc.

That said, I do understand the frustration of people waiting for their replacement units. I was the VERY first person with an XP. I paid for it in December and between then and July when I received my properly working 3rd gen, I had a working unit for a total of less than 2 weeks. So that sucked, and I feel for anyone that's still waiting for their replacement, but find solace in knowing that what you get next is unlikely to kick the bucket, and that, though at times quite unresponsive, Pharmacore seems like they're just trying to catch up on the backlog, as opposed to being jerks. They were too-quick-to-market with the XP -- I think the whole project would been better as a Kickstarter campaign, where a degree of beta-ness is expected. But here we are now and things are looking good.

edit: lol just ran out of room in the post. Sorry for a wall of text, but as you can see the Inhalater is great!

Mod note: Can you double post if you run out of room? >.< lol

Last edited:

HerbalHealing

Update - So it's been just over a week and I've done a lot of 'testing' and do believe this to be the best portable vaping experience I've enjoyed, ever.

In showing it off to friends, no one has noticed the funny usb port unless I point it out, and even then it requires a close look to see the imperfections. All the pics posted here are much larger than the real thing, so makes it look worse than it really is. Again, I have black so no sticker except the small Inhalater label on the front. I de-stickered my INH004, but the XP's label is not loud at all so I've left it on for now.

It feels better constructed than the INH004, and I noticed that the capsules are very slightly shorter, like a millimeter or so. I can still use my old capsules, but they seem to fit a bit tighter than the new ones but function just the same.

I also have a 5600MaH external battery pack that can provide just over 2 full charges when no wall plug's available. I love this thing since I can leave it charging discreetly in my car, desk drawer, or anywhere when I forget to do my usual overnight charge.

Once I get my 2nd XP, it's pretty much game over for my other vapes as I just can't see any need (or desire) for them.

hiphiphooray

@HerbalHealing, That's awesome man. Can't wait to get mine. I always thought the USB wasn't "that bad." You got any pics or videos to show off to some prospecting buyers or waiting customers like myself? ;)

hiphiphooray,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
@Snake. We get overly lost in technical details. Feel confident you will love the INH XP.

@jjl5590 The XP heating chamber is not like the 004's. There is a silver weld at the base off the heating chamber where it meets with the Ni/Cr heating element. The combination of the material is challenging and makes for fragile welds. Special flux must be used, professionel soldering iron with temperature adjustment is necessary. If you try this yourself, make sure you do not use solder with lead and meticulously clean flux residues.

Heating lead also may come unworking without obvious reasons. Feel confortable of sending your unit in for warranty repair.

@HerbalHealing. Feel good to read. Some comments do make us suffer sometimes :... - (

Inhalater,

Edward Hyde

no reason for confusion...when the xp works its the best portable in the market and this goes for all generations of the unit.up gen 3 they had major issues...4th release seems to be working perfectly till now with small exceptions such as some non working leds or visual imperfections and all the time is getting better and better...that means the later u get a unit the more features it will have but the more time u will be without this awesome unit aswell...i placed my order on 1st of december and i've been a through a lot of problems but the company at the end stood up for the name and provided me with a working unit and not just i dont regret my purchase, i am even thinking about getting a second one because it feels like nothing can stand next to it as a backup unit cause it cant get any better (when working)...

Edward Hyde,

gosaints420

Posted this in the 004 thred but wanted to share here to.

My biggest gripe with the Inhalator was that after a month of use my capsules looked just like Vitolo's and they would never come clean. In my eyes this meant I would have to replace them to get that like new taste again and at $10 a pop +shipping that could get expensive. Well recently I scored a Mobius Ion Matrix out of the classifieds:rockon: and decided to get some PBW to keep it crystal clear. You can probably see whats coming but one thing led to another and my Inhalator capsules ended up soaking in PBW. WOW! it actually worked after a 48hr soak my capsule is almost like new. Even where the piece of poly overlaps itself is clear again. I imagine another soak or 2 and it will be completely clean. So there you go I highly recommend you try cleaning your capsules with PBW

Top Bottom