Discontinued Inhalater XP

vapeguy

Better temp control, ease of re-loading, more efficient better taste.

Have you read the thread?

I'm unfortunately extremely busy now and will be for many months still and I want a new vape ASAP to replace my Solo, I've read some parts of both threads but don't have time to read them all (especially the 300+ page Pax thread).

I agree temp control is a major advantage to the Inh, but the 3 settings the Pax offers are pretty much perfect and you can't accidentally change temp setting like on the Inh. I'm not sure I agree re loading would be easier, seem easier to load a huge bowl than a narrow straw to me. About better taste, that seems true but I do have an LSV for when I want the best vapor.

I'm looking for a small portable to use mostly at home (but outside too) when I want something super simple without wires all over the place and glass to break. I often vape while watching TV in bed before going to sleep and I've lost count of how often I forgot my LSV was on the bed and accidentally throw it on the floor, amazingly I only broke one wand despite it falling many times. A portable will be so much more convenient in this situation, I can put it on my night table and it won't roll off or get pull off by a wire and won't get burning hot to the touch like the LSV. Auto off is another major plus.

I'll still think about it at least until tomorrow or a few more days.

Thanks

vapeguy,
Just lost my capsules and bought 2 extras from PV. I noticed a crimping sound each time I place the capsule into the XP. Are there any differences regarding the XP and older generation capsules? The polyimide also has wrinkles after placing it in. I did not experience this with the original capsules. Cannot test it at the moment, but I doubt it would not work. That crinkling sound just isn't pleasant for me.

I'm unfortunately extremely busy now and will be for many months still and I want a new vape ASAP to replace my Solo, I've read some parts of both threads but don't have time to read them all (especially the 300+ page Pax thread).

I agree temp control is a major advantage to the Inh, but the 3 settings the Pax offers are pretty much perfect and you can't accidentally change temp setting like on the Inh. I'm not sure I agree re loading would be easier, seem easier to load a huge bowl than a narrow straw to me. About better taste, that seems true but I do have an LSV for when I want the best vapor.

I'm looking for a small portable to use mostly at home (but outside too) when I want something super simple without wires all over the place and glass to break. I often vape while watching TV in bed before going to sleep and I've lost count of how often I forgot my LSV was on the bed and accidentally throw it on the floor, amazingly I only broke one wand despite it falling many times. A portable will be so much more convenient in this situation, I can put it on my night table and it won't roll off or get pull off by a wire and won't get burning hot to the touch like the LSV. Auto off is another major plus.

I'll still think about it at least until tomorrow or a few more days.

Thanks
I have a Solo too! I prefer the taste of the Solo over the XP. It is much more portable and heats up quicker. Loading the XP is very easy if you have a grinder. Just scoop it in and pack it with a pen, and scoop some more. The XP has an improved knob and has not changed accidentally from the times I have used it. I have not used a Pax so I have no opinion regarding that but I heard cleaning the Inh is simpler than the Pax.

Highnstein,

swoops

Timelord
To get back to the Inhalater, you guys have a few last chances of convince me to get the Inhalater over the Pax but I'm quite sure I'll go with the Pax due to it not needing expensive replacement capsules and the longer warranty. What are the benefits of the Inhalater over the Pax?

Thanks

why should we have to convince you of anything? It's your money, spend it how you like it. I chose the xp because I like more control over my heat. I put my mflb in the dresser drawer and retired it. I love it, I have no problems with the capsules. It's a solid performer, the battery lasts forever, and even if it didn't micro usb means chargers are everywhere, and I can use it while it charges. IMHO INHXP > PAX, but your mileage may vary, and as you put in your message you're already sold, so why are you still here reading this?

I think it's because you're not sold on the PAX, but we can't make your mind up for you, either way, good luck and happy vapors.

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Capsules are 0.50in shorter on the XP. Length may be reduced with a regular pair of scissors.

Keeping capsule clean and temperature low is recommended for light and sweet taste. Please try session with temperature at 1 setting.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Sorry to bring this back up again but it bothers me when people state guesses as fact. The Pax does not enter power save/low temp mode after 90 seconds, that would be more than long enough to ruin your load. I don't know the exact timeout myself as I don't have a Pax but most users say it is 20 seconds (I specify that I'm not sure about the answer and do not state it as fact).

This makes a huge difference, if it was 90 seconds I would not buy a Pax because it would ruin your load when left idle, at 20 seconds it's not long enough to ruin your load. Please don't spread false information when you don't know the answer, had I blindly trusted you I would not consider buying the Pax, luckily the 90 second timeout you mentioned is not true.

Secondly I think you made a mistake when you say "You can come back to an oven" as that doesn't really make any sense.

To get back to the Inhalater, you guys have a few last chances of convince me to get the Inhalater over the Pax but I'm quite sure I'll go with the Pax due to it not needing expensive replacement capsules and the longer warranty. What are the benefits of the Inhalater over the Pax?

Thanks

I have timed these things and the Pax goes into blue (low temperature mode) after 20 seconds of being motionless, and it shuts off after 60 more seconds unless it is moved. These aren't guesses. They are timings recorded on video, and as far as I know Ploom has not changed these timings since the Pax was released.

As far as ruining your load is concerned, the Pax does that anyway. It is always heating your load when it's on! The so-called "low temperature" (150°C/302°F) is much too high to conserve the taste of the load, but is still high enough to release active components.

I don't understand why you say it makes no sense to come back to an oven. You can always turn off your Pax and resume a load later. It will taste like crap but after 3-4 hits at the most, it will taste like shit anyway. The Pax is a really poor choice for someone who values flavour.

Capsules are 0.50in shorter on the XP. Length may be reduced with a regular pair of scissors.

Keeping capsule clean and temperature low is recommended for light and sweet taste. Please try session with temperature at 1 setting.

Thanks for the quick response. Half an inch is a huge difference though. (The film seems to be about an inch long total?) Did you mean half a cm? I just snipped off a small length of it and no sound now. Thanks!

vapeguy

A full half inch shorter on the XP? The capsules barely look over 1 inch to begin with so that seems like they would as small as half the original size, doesn't that mean the herb capacity is much less on the XP than on the original Inhalater then? If so then that would seal the deal with the Pax because I want a large herb chamber.

I have a feeling there may be a typo because a full half inch shorter seems like a major difference, did you perhaps mean 0.05in shorter? Also, when buying new capsules how are you supposed to know if they are for the XP or the previous model?

Edit: Just saw your correction, please edit the post with the mistake to prevent confusion.

Thanks

vapeguy,

vapeguy

I have timed these things and the Pax goes into blue (low temperature mode) after 20 seconds of being motionless, and it shuts off after 60 more seconds unless it is moved. These aren't guesses. They are timings recorded on video, and as far as I know Ploom has not changed these timings since the Pax was released.

As far as ruining your load is concerned, the Pax does that anyway. It is always heating your load when it's on! The so-called "low temperature" (150°C/302°F) is much too high to conserve the taste of the load, but is still high enough to release active components.

I don't understand why you say it makes no sense to come back to an oven. You can always turn off your Pax and resume a load later. It will taste like crap but after 3-4 hits at the most, it will taste like shit anyway. The Pax is a really poor choice for someone who values flavour.

Isn't the Inhalater also constantly heating your load? As does the Solo I have now. I've seen videos of the Inhalater on a water tool and you clearly see the second the user starts inhaling there is vapor, this is only possible if the load is being heated when not inhaling. With my LSV where there is absolutely no doubt the herb is not being heated when idle (you can comfortably stick your finger in the vaporization chamber even if it's been in use for half an hour), and when you inhale it takes a short while before the herb is heated and vapor is generated.

A description I found for the Inhalater says "The Inhalater Vaporizer operated in a twin heating mode, convection and conduction. Air is routed in a heated space prior to going through the substrate which is itself heated in its container.", so it seems like it does constantly cook the herb like the Pax does, so how are they different? Even if it adds convection ON TOP OF conduction, there's still conduction cooking the herb when it's idle, so I don't see how it's that different than the Pax, the only difference I see is the Pax does not ALSO use convection.

In any case with a portable I prefer to finish the load ASAP, if I wanted a long session with the best taste I'd take my LSV.

When I said that the quote "You can come back to an oven by shutting it down" makes no sense, I mean that the sentence itself doesn't seem grammatically correct. I don't understand what it means to "come back to an oven by shutting it down".

Thanks

vapeguy,

2clicker

Observer
taking it to a beer festival tomorrow to truly test its stealth abilities.

gonna be a sloppy day i have a feeling...

and sloppy it was. :rockon: couldnt bring myself to use the XP out in the open though. there were a few cops walking around and i didnt want to press my luck. here i am in the JOTS getting my head straight.
Hyu85s6.jpg

just inquired about a replacement knob for my XP. will post pics of the modded knob when its done.

no more stickers!

knob was ordered today. probably ship tomorrow and get here by the end of the week or weekend.

and sloppy it was. :rockon: couldnt bring myself to use the XP out in the open though. there were a few cops walking around and i didnt want to press my luck. here i am in the JOTS getting my head straight.
Hyu85s6.jpg

knob was ordered today. probably ship tomorrow and get here by the end of the week or weekend.
How much is a knob? Also, how would you go about to replacing it? Last time I did that, all the circuits and wires became loose so I gave up on taking off the knob.

Highnstein,

fogbank

What are the benefits of the Inhalater over the Pax?

Thanks

I would say efficiency.

I can load a very small quantity into the XP and still get two good sessions.

With the Pax I can't even get it to work with that same quantity in the oven.

Others report success with very small amounts in the Pax, but it doesn't cut it for me.

I think you will go through more material in less time with the Pax vs. the XP.

vapeguy

That is one thing that bothers me with the Pax but I figured I could always do a 50/50 mix with mint or basil or tea if I wanted a half load. Could you not also just load it fully but extend the load to 2 sessions instead of 1?

I'm still leaning more towards the Pax but you are making me consider the Inhalater more if it's really more efficient, is it a big difference in efficiency if both are loaded fully?

vapeguy,

fogbank

I'm still leaning more towards the Pax but you are making me consider the Inhalater more if it's really more efficient, is it a big difference in efficiency if both are loaded fully?

In my experience, yes. But it is difficult for me to measure. I'm not sure exactly how their capacities compare, but the Pax's oven seems to hold more than an Inhalater capsule, yet the Inhalater gives me more draws.

I use my Pax for ABV only now.

The Inhalater is a more nuanced vape. Pax is a little more "form over function", although it is a fun and very useable vape.

My MFLB stinks WAY more than my INH and it cannot be cleaned. Whereas I can use my pre-loaded Inh almost anywhere, even more so if carrying my smoke buddy jr. I also put my finger on the tip between draws to avoid any spillage. This has worked for me anywhere, even on the bus.

I've heard other accounts of smelly MFLBs, but I never really had that problem with it (unless I combusted).

The T1 produces far less odor than my XP, but I think the XP would be easier to use on your bus.

:)

Isn't the Inhalater also constantly heating your load? As does the Solo I have now. I've seen videos of the Inhalater on a water tool and you clearly see the second the user starts inhaling there is vapor, this is only possible if the load is being heated when not inhaling.

I think you might be getting a bit confused. For the inhalater, the heater is right before the heating chamber, so the air is heated right before it reaches the herb. However, since the heater is right next to the heating chamber containing the herbs, there is some residual conduction which occurs because some heat is transferred from the heater to the heating chamber directly. For the PAX, the heater is connected to the metal heating chamber, and heats up the metal. since the metal is always in contact with the herb, it will always cause the herb to get vaped at the same speed, regardless of whether you are ripping or not, unless it gets shut off in the auto low temp after 20 sec and auto shutoff after 60. because of this, the inhalater bowls will last longer, but this is because much less THC vapor is being lost in the time between draws in the inhalater than in the PAX due to the vastly different incorporation of conduction in the units.

vapeguy

I think you might be getting a bit confused. For the inhalater, the heater is right before the heating chamber, so the air is heated right before it reaches the herb. However, since the heater is right next to the heating chamber containing the herbs, there is some residual conduction which occurs because some heat is transferred from the heater to the heating chamber directly. For the PAX, the heater is connected to the metal heating chamber, and heats up the metal. since the metal is always in contact with the herb, it will always cause the herb to get vaped at the same speed, regardless of whether you are ripping or not, unless it gets shut off in the auto low temp after 20 sec and auto shutoff after 60. because of this, the inhalater bowls will last longer, but this is because much less THC vapor is being lost in the time between draws in the inhalater than in the PAX due to the vastly different incorporation of conduction in the units.

I understand, but the THC isn't magically dissapearing just because of conduction heating the herb, the vapor mostly stays "within" the herb until you inhale, but I do agree it would still lower the efficiency if left idling often.

However I plan on using my next portable, whichever it will be, for fast sessions and not for long spread out sessions like my LSV which is great for that (other than getting hot), so there won't be much idling to begin with. I can always turn the Pax off if I won't inhale for more than a minute, especially since it warms up so fast. How fast does the Inhalater warn up? This could also help me decide.

Thanks

the warm up time for the pax is i think only 20 or 30 seconds quicker, and with taste being a nonissue, and your main criteria being speed of bowl, i would say each take a similar amount of time, but with the inhalater, you are getting a larger amount of vapor from each rip, causing more immediate medication. and also, with vapor disappearance in conduction; the vapor spills out of the mouthpiece, if you shine a flashlight at the vape while it is in use, you will be able to clearly see the vapor coming out

smoke blunts,

JoeKickass

aab1 I know your trying to find the perfect vape but trust me you need more than one for different situations.

I have a Pax and flashvape and will buy the inh xp because it offers a different heating style, every vape has it's own charecteristics that can only be hinted at by talking to people, to truly know a vape you have to own it and live with it for weeks :2c:

Sonics420

Yep thats why i sold my pax after i got the xp. The xp blows it out in almost every category besides the breaking issues. Once that is worked out with new electronics it should improve in that category also. Although some people arent having any problems at all.

Sonics420,

Edward Hyde

Isn't the Inhalater also constantly heating your load? As does the Solo I have now. I've seen videos of the Inhalater on a water tool and you clearly see the second the user starts inhaling there is vapor, this is only possible if the load is being heated when not inhaling. With my LSV where there is absolutely no doubt the herb is not being heated when idle (you can comfortably stick your finger in the vaporization chamber even if it's been in use for half an hour), and when you inhale it takes a short while before the herb is heated and vapor is generated.

A description I found for the Inhalater says "The Inhalater Vaporizer operated in a twin heating mode, convection and conduction. Air is routed in a heated space prior to going through the substrate which is itself heated in its container.", so it seems like it does constantly cook the herb like the Pax does, so how are they different? Even if it adds convection ON TOP OF conduction, there's still conduction cooking the herb when it's idle, so I don't see how it's that different than the Pax, the only difference I see is the Pax does not ALSO use convection.

In any case with a portable I prefer to finish the load ASAP, if I wanted a long session with the best taste I'd take my LSV.

When I said that the quote "You can come back to an oven by shutting it down" makes no sense, I mean that the sentence itself doesn't seem grammatically correct. I don't understand what it means to "come back to an oven by shutting it down".

Thanks

i do not know the exact way the xp works..i havent opened it and i dont know anything about electronics etc...but from what i understand the heating element in the xp is close to the chamber...wich combined with the hot air inhaled through the chamber heats up the chamber (wich is made from polymide or how it is called) and also the layer of polymide wich exists arround the chamber. that i think creates the part of conduction in the xp.u will realise that if u take the capsule out right away after a session it burns like hell...wich means for sure it can vaporize through conduction...BUT it seems like the conduction goin on there is just up to the point that it keeps the temperature right so when u inhale the same second u get dense vapor... and because the temp that the chamber gets to is not so high it doest affect flavour that much...

about the pax i dont know much cause i dont own it and i cant give information about it...

sorry for some mistakes i might made but i am just did my first session of the day with a full loaded xp :mmmm:

Edward Hyde,
Reactions: Crohnie

Belgianvapor

So....does anybody have any thoughts for me? --->
I ordered my xp somewhere at the end of january if I recall correct at planet vape.
Knowing about all the baby illnesses the xp had I knew I had to wait for a bit, planet vape
sent some emails in the meanwhile excusing themselves for the delay and explained why I
was waiting so no complaints there.
Today I recieved the xp.
It's smaller than my INH004 (if I hold them next to each other the xp's upper ring closest to the mp comes exactly the same height as the second ring of the INH004)
Still got 4 air intake holes, a tiny hex screw on the knob and it is, compared to the INH004 way way way
and I mean WAY harder to turn than the INH004, I can't imagine this will ever turn on in my pocket.
The dial goes to 8 and then auto.
The capsule that was in the xp wouldn't come out so I had to pre heat a bit and then I could pull it out, after wich I smelled a weird scent, seemed like rose water or something? (If I remember correct I read somewhere that they clean the heating chamber in the factory with this stuff? )
My capsule had a very noticable click when I inserted it.
This is a black xp and I noticed that between the rings, there was no black tape, only on the main body itself, (with my silver INH004 there was also silver tape between the rings)
What do you guys think? is this a new model? one of the first models that they "refurbished" (because of the 4 holes)? Also my tape around the body was not put on exactly correct because it came about 1 mm over the plug where the usb goes.
Wich would lead me to think this could be an older version they got back and then refurbished, maybe had to put the tape back on because the previous owner took it of? or am I miles away from the real facts here?
I know I could remove the tape, but I like it like this, still got my original silver tape on my INH004 with no loose ends.

gosaints420

the warm up time for the pax is i think only 20 or 30 seconds quicker, and with taste being a nonissue, and your main criteria being speed of bowl, i would say each take a similar amount of time, but with the inhalater, you are getting a larger amount of vapor from each rip, causing more immediate medication. and also, with vapor disappearance in conduction; the vapor spills out of the mouthpiece, if you shine a flashlight at the vape while it is in use, you will be able to clearly see the vapor coming out

My XP only takes 30 seconds to heat up. I don't think the Pax would be any quicker.

I ordered my xp somewhere at the end of january if I recall correct at planet vape.
Knowing about all the baby illnesses the xp had I knew I had to wait for a bit, planet vape
sent some emails in the meanwhile excusing themselves for the delay and explained why I
Today I recieved the xp.
It's smaller than my INH004 (if I hold them next to each other the xp's upper ring closest to the mp comes exactly the same height as the second ring of the INH004)
Still got 4 air intake holes, a tiny hex screw on the knob and it is, compared to the INH004 way way way
and I mean WAY harder to turn than the INH004, I can't imagine this will ever turn on in my pocket.
The capsule that was in the xp wouldn't come out so I had to pre heat a bit and then I could pull it out, after wich I smelled a weird scent, seemed like rose water or something? (If I remember correct I read somewhere that they clean the heating chamber in the factory with this stuff? )
This is a black xp and I noticed that between the rings, there was no black tape, only on the main body itself, (with my silver INH004 there was also silver tape between the rings)
What do you guys think? is this a new model? one of the first models that they "refurbished" (because of the 4 holes)? Also my tape around the body was not put on exactly correct because it came about 1 mm over the plug where the usb goes.
Wich would lead me to think this could be an older version they got back and then refurbished, maybe had to put the tape back on because the previous owner took it of? or am I miles away from the real facts here?
I know I could remove the tape, but I like it like this, still got my original silver tape on my INH004 with no loose ends.
sounds like you got one of the beginning ones. Because I believe the newest ones have 2 holes now.

VapeNStone,

billulsund

Today I recieved the xp.

It sounds to me like a newer revision of the product. The very first models to come out (I have one) were the same size as the Inh, had 4 holes, and did not have the screw on the knob. Pharmacore has stated on here that they will be doing regular revisions to the body, but that what makes it an XP are the electronics and those will stay the same. Sounds to me like you have a new xp with the short body and 4 holes. I would guess it is the most current iteration of the product.

I also wanted to clarify how the XP works to end some of the confusion in here. There is a wire heating element that wraps around the chamber. On the Inh it was a round wire, with the XP they switched to a flat wire for better heat transfer. This is where the conduction comes from. There is a layer of polymide on the inside of the chamber right next to the heating element which, along with the polymide in the capsules does provide a little bit of insulation between the herb and the conduction heating element. There is also another heating element at the bottom of the chamber that heats the air before it enters the capsule and this provides the convection heating. On several occasions I have loaded my Inhalater then turned it on and forgotten about it and it only barely vaporizes the load when you are not using it. I believe that the polymide in the capsule and chamber provide some insulation for the herb so that the conduction heating gets it just close to vaporization temperature and the extra heat from the convection element pushes the temp over the edge into full vaporization.

Top Bottom