Discontinued Inhalater XP

fogbank

...that's exactly what bugged me throughout my sessions with one of the first XP's... I don't like to have to pace my draw like the Box! I would keep the box for that kind of sessions! My INH004 can be drawn calmly and aggressively alike and and it keeps the temp much easier!

I hear you. I don't think I explained my "pace your draw" comment very well.

Unlike the MFLB, I have to pace my draw on the XP to avoid getting too much vapor too quickly. It feels hot and strong right from the start, so I pace my draw to keep it even and not too harsh (mixing ambient air in through the side of my mouth as I draw).

Also I set my XP on 5 or 5.5 when I use it. Assuming that the heat/power increase is linear, that is only about 50% power. So I'm pacing my draw, mixing ambient air in with my draw, and still getting very satisfying vapor at only 50% of the XP's power.

With the MFLB I have to pace my draw to keep from cooling the screen and material too much.

"Pacing" on both, but for different reasons.

Also, I see a few people might be concerned that there is too much airflow. To these people, I suggest you remember that airflow decreases over the life of the polymide capsule. After a few weeks without iso cleaning, you will see airflow decrease considerably. This is definitely much less of an issue now, due to the increased airflow.

This is good to know, even though I don't ever intend to let my capsules go for weeks without cleaning.

Personally I prefer a vape that has "too much" airflow and "too much" heat/vapor production, so I can control it and get as much as I want (as long as it does not combust). I rather have that than a vape where you have to constantly worry about getting enough airflow or heat.

WakethBaketh

For anybody who has the XP currently, can you use while it is charging? I've heard with some devices using while it's charging can be bad for the battery..is that the case with XP as well?

WakethBaketh,

Kaptan

For anybody who has the XP currently, can you use while it is charging? I've heard with some devices using while it's charging can be bad for the battery..is that the case with XP as well?
Yes, you can use it while it's charging, but if the battery has a low charge, it may need approximately 30 minutes on the charger before starting a session.
My replacement should be here tomorrow or Monday.

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I'm really considering buying the XP, but hesitant now that I seem to be hearing a lot of issues from new owners.

Crohnie,
Reactions: Shmoo

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Hey everyone -- I'm returning to this thread because my XP (you'll recall I was the first person to receive one) won't turn on anymore. (gasp!) It seems to a battery issue, or maybe an electronics issue.

Does anyone know how to contact the manufacturer to get this issue resolved?

Thanks,
Simmy
Yes, you can use it while it's charging, but if the battery has a low charge, it may need approximately 30 minutes on the charger before starting a session.
My replacement should be here tomorrow or Monday.

Thats not true on my unit. I can plug mine into a 2.1a charger and use it when its virtually dead.

Sorry to hear your early unit died like mine did. I certainly hope the final units get the bugs out.

tonomon

well the one I had previously was the silver one that went up to nine. It was picked up from pharmacore like a week after they came out. This new one with the 8 dial and the auto lettering is apparently newer. Greg said they're changing small details slowly.

I also spoke with Greg and he told me that for those who received replacements, sending back the old unit is appreciated.

Its working great though, I'm using it with some friends now. One of them tried my old xp also. I think this one is a little bit hotter. I remember turning the old xp up to max occasionally. This new one will roast the load thoroughly below 5.

I can get a tiny amount of visible vapor even on one with great taste. I like to start at one and usually by the time i move it up to 5 its getting done. Sometimes I turn it up to get the last few good ones in.

Hoping that this one will last forever.

As far as offgassing, I noticed it on both the units when I ran initial dry runs. On the first I just ran one or two kept on puffing and cooling the chamber. It stopped any noticeable offgassing after one or two runs at medium high. And when I pulled on it, I could definitely taste the polyimide. It tastes kind of sweet almost like urine smelling. Its not strong or bad tasting though. After I ran two runs, the initial taste tests were clean. I think once used a little bit the inh taste good.

tonomon,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Did they maybe change the degrees at each level? In other words since I can't speak correctly, if say 3 was 375(guessing don't remember) then what is 3 on the new xp?

Dreamerr,

PAZ

I'm really considering buying the XP, but hesitant now that I seem to be hearing a lot of issues from new owners.

All the issues have been resolved (or say they say). The initial shipments were about ~50, and about half had problems due to changes. I feel confident enough saying that if you order one right now, you won't run into problems.

PAZ,
Reactions: Crohnie

mscm888

It's good seeing so many of the replacements are being received. I look forward to some more impressions on the slight changes that keep coming.

mscm888,

Rrose Selavy

log enthusiast
ok so i let it charge for a little and decided to try it out. i think it is defective when i turn it on the light does not start blinking to let me know its heating up . the light only works when i turn it on max. does anyone know how to fix this?

Rrose Selavy,

D33z

Vape Newbie
I know the process sucks but I want to thank the early adopters for taking the plunge into helping Phamacor get the bugs out. I'm still on the fence about whether the xp is better than 004...

D33z,
Reactions: dibdab

swoops

Timelord
ok so i let it charge for a little and decided to try it out. i think it is defective when i turn it on the light does not start blinking to let me know its heating up . the light only works when i turn it on max. does anyone know how to fix this?

Give it a full charge?

swoops,

Edward Hyde

ok here is the deal...in the begining we had ordered 2 inhalater xp they both arrived same day,mine died after 3 days...now my friends xp yesterday was charging and we pick it up to have a session...we turn it on it heat up in same time but it has some smell and tastes like burned plastic + metal... wich feels really dangerous to my brain so we stopped using it. so technicaly it works but i wouldnt suse it again...i'm going to make warranty reclaim for that unit also... i am just reporting so that everyone is aware cause i think this is health risky...

Edward Hyde,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Rrose Selavy

log enthusiast
so after trying a few times and recharging it i am certain there is something wrong with my xp. im a little disappointed but im sure taylor will take care of me. the unit i got is the new smaller 2 hole. it does work but only on the auto setting im not sure if anyone has had this problem.

Rrose Selavy,

tonomon

te="Rrose Selavy, post: 359991, member: 12914"]so after trying a few times and recharging it i am certain there is something wrong with my xp. im a little disappointed but im sure taylor will take care of me. the unit i got is the new smaller 2 hole. it does work but only on the auto setting im not sure if anyone has had this problem.[/quote]

Hey Rrose, that's the same issue my old unit had. It's the temperature sensor not working. Call up pharmacore

Rrose Selavy

log enthusiast
te="Rrose Selavy, post: 359991, member: 12914"]so after trying a few times and recharging it i am certain there is something wrong with my xp. im a little disappointed but im sure taylor will take care of me. the unit i got is the new smaller 2 hole. it does work but only on the auto setting im not sure if anyone has had this problem.

Hey Rrose, that's the same issue my old unit had. It's the temperature sensor not working. Call up pharmacore[/quote]

thanks a lot i bought it from taylor so i think he takes care of warranty replacements for me but i will let him know its the temp sensor

Rrose Selavy,
Top Bottom