Discontinued Inhalater XP

WakethBaketh

Well it's been about 4 weeks since I received my Inhalater XP and after extensive field testing and comparison to my regular Inhalater I am still very pleased with the performance and consider it to be a worth while upgrade. It is by far the best vaporizer I have ever used. I find the battery tends to last more sessions because it is able to vaporize the herb quicker and more effieicntly so it doesnt need to be on for as long. I can run it at 5 or 6 and still pull big clouds, where the regular inhalater would have to be at about 7 for similar clouds. I have also been trying it with bubble hash sandwiched in herb and it works great. With hash I can get almost 3 full sessions out of it without reloading and pulling big clouds the whole time. I wasnt a big fan of the 4 hole design at first but I like it now that I have gotten used to how my draw affects the temperature. It is also nice for when I want to stop before the capsule is done. With the 4 holes it is easy to take a couple big puffs and bring the temperature down very quickly after I turn it off. I also really like the way they changed how the light blinks. It is much easier to tell how close to temp you are and to adjust your draw so that you dont cool it down too much. It also stays at temperature much better than the old Inhalater. For anyone on the fence about this product I say go for it, you wont be disspointed. I'm thinking I may have to make a video of me pulling some huge clouds just to show the internet how awesome this thing works.

Can you make a video of a full session? :D

Also, since the warranty of the device is only 1 year. What would happen if the device stopped working after the warranty period? Would I bet just shit out of luck and have to buy a new one? That's the biggest thing concerning me.

WakethBaketh,

fogbank

Im in love with my stormtrooper, been cheatin on da buddha since it arrived.

Does the white XP use white Delrin, or is the color a result of white labels? I may want a white XP someday, and I may want to remove the labels from it, so I don't want it to be black under the labels.

Edit: I think I just found the answer to my own question. If you look at the picture on the KP auction it appears that the white is achieved with labels. The black XP has a more matte finish where there is no label and a more glossy finish where there is a label. The white XP looks glossy all over. Plus the "rings" are black on the white XP, indicating black Delrin.

I wasnt a big fan of the 4 hole design at first but I like it now that I have gotten used to how my draw affects the temperature. It is also nice for when I want to stop before the capsule is done. With the 4 holes it is easy to take a couple big puffs and bring the temperature down very quickly after I turn it off.

I don't have an original XP for comparison, but I also like the almost unlimited air flow through my 4 hole XP. At first I thought it was too much flow, but like you I learned how to work it to get great results.

It feels like drawing on the MFLB - you have to pace your draw to get the right vapor production.

It only took a few sessions for the XP to replace my Pax as my #2 vape. It is currently breathing down the neck of my T1 for the #1 spot. I think it's going to win...

fogbank,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Could anyone who owns both an Inhalater and a log style vape compare the efficiency of the two? I used to own a Pax, and while it's a fine vape, it used herb like it was going out of style.

Crohnie,

togepi258

Could anyone who owns both an Inhalater and a log style vape compare the efficiency of the two? I used to own a Pax, and while it's a fine vape, it used herb like it was going out of style.

This question has actually been asked here multiple times, but hasn't been answered (I asked it too) I'm guessing that's because no log owners have had any experience with the XP. I actually ordered mine at the beginning of this week, and should have it next week.

I also own the UD, so I'll be able to give you a good comparison of it.

I have owned the regular inhalater but not the xp yet. And my log vapes were my da buddha and my cloud. The inhalater is a good portable but doesn't compare IMHO to my home units.

VapeNStone,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
This question has actually been asked here multiple times, but hasn't been answered (I asked it too) I'm guessing that's because no log owners have had any experience with the XP. I actually ordered mine at the beginning of this week, and should have it next week.

I also own the UD, so I'll be able to give you a good comparison of it.
Thanks, togep. I look forward to hearing your report!

@VapeNStone: Do you mean in terms of efficiency, or just overall quality?

Crohnie,

billulsund

Can you make a video of a full session? :D

Also, since the warranty of the device is only 1 year. What would happen if the device stopped working after the warranty period? Would I bet just shit out of luck and have to buy a new one? That's the biggest thing concerning me.

I will work on a video tonight.

If the device stopped working after the warranty period I would probably try to fix it myself, but I am very good with electronics repairs. Fortunately I have a regular Inhalater and an Inhalater XP so if one did die I would have a backup. If my XP died after the warranty period and I couldnt fix it I would probably just buy a new one. $250 is a small price to pay to save my lungs and my wallet. I go through much less weed than when I combusted. I am also not about to start combusting again or stop getting stoned any time soon so the XP is the only way to go for me. I can't wait to see what Pharmacore does with this product in the future.

billulsund,
Reactions: tikimaize

WakethBaketh

I will work on a video tonight.

If the device stopped working after the warranty period I would probably try to fix it myself, but I am very good with electronics repairs. Fortunately I have a regular Inhalater and an Inhalater XP so if one did die I would have a backup. If my XP died after the warranty period and I couldnt fix it I would probably just buy a new one. $250 is a small price to pay to save my lungs and my wallet. I go through much less weed than when I combusted. I am also not about to start combusting again or stop getting stoned any time soon so the XP is the only way to go for me. I can't wait to see what Pharmacore does with this product in the future.

I really wish the warranty was longer because I wouldn't want to spend $250 a year after I just bought it. I'm just talking worst case scenario. Maybe they would allow customers to send it in for repair for a small fee rather than buying a brand new unit.

WakethBaketh,
Well after going through the entire thread I had to join the bandwagon, went ahead and ordered an XP through Taylor. Definitely needed a reliable portable since the MFLB just wasnt cutting it. Really liked the charging capabilities. Will stay tuned!

SativaLover420,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
People please when you get your new replacement units if yours was broke report on the new unit. TIA

natural farmer

It feels like drawing on the MFLB - you have to pace your draw to get the right vapor production.

...that's exactly what bugged me throughout my sessions with one of the first XP's... I don't like to have to pace my draw like the Box! I would keep the box for that kind of sessions! My INH004 can be drawn calmly and aggressively alike and and it keeps the temp much easier! :tup: It could be due to wrong calibration of that faulty unit as Pharmacor said but my replacement unit is nowhere to be seen yet unfortunately so I can be certain. Heeey Greeeeeeg? :uhoh:

I really hope the new XPs perform as well as the original on that area and aren't more open than needed... :\

natural farmer,
Reactions: Sonics420

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
NF when you get the new one please do a report on the heater keeping up since that seems to be an issue for you. That is what I love about the 04 the most. I can draw slow or fast, hard of soft and all is good.

Hoops

My original XP would not hold temp no matter what I did. Per Greg, it's a calibration issue.

As per my discussion with Greg earlier this week, I got the impression he had been sitting on sending out replacements for a few weeks while Pharmacore finished the revs to the design, his last post said he had 10 warranty replacements to be fulfilled. He apologized for the delay getting the replacements out, but needed to make sure we received the newest revisions, thus the delay. Makes sense...

So, If you've requested a replacement anytime before this week, I'd reach out to Greg and request tracking, received mine on Tuesday morning.

Hoops,
Thanks, togep. I look forward to hearing your report!

@VapeNStone: Do you mean in terms of efficiency, or just overall quality?
both kind of. I just don't get comparably high off of the inhalater then I do off of my cloud. So IMHO nothing compares to the home units. You just get different vapes for different situations.

VapeNStone,
Reactions: Crohnie

TheOtherSideVapes

Vaporizer Enthusiast & Retailer
Retailer
both kind of. I just don't get comparably high off of the inhalater then I do off of my cloud. So IMHO nothing compares to the home units. You just get different vapes for different situations.

I definitely agree with this, but I'll think you'll see that the XP is definitely helping to close this performance gap in portables vs. home based units. The extra airflow makes a huge difference in the performance.

Also, I see a few people might be concerned that there is too much airflow. To these people, I suggest you remember that airflow decreases over the life of the polymide capsule. After a few weeks without iso cleaning, you will see airflow decrease considerably. This is definitely much less of an issue now, due to the increased airflow.

Sincerely,
Taylor Shomaker

Sonics420

The XP miliks my pieces much quicker and probably more than my DBV does [with same load size].. I really feel like I can sell my DBV and the XP will keep me happy still.

Heres a pic I posted in the goldstein thread.
NMQvuyq.jpg

Oh it regards to the Inhalater to the DBV yes I agree. Which is why I went from the DBV to the cloud lol. The DBV you have to slow your draw to the point that it becomes annoying to use it with a bong. The inhalater does fill my tubes with ease, but nothing works as good as the cloud IMHO with a waterpiece. Like I said I love my inhalater for on the go and it looks like an ecig kind of enough for me to pass it off as one lol. But for taste and cloud production at home for me nothing beats the cloud.

tonomon

well guys, I received my replacement xp in the mail today. Same serial number and same rounded cap with the two holes. I have it charging right now, bringing it to work today. I missed the xp.

They changed the temerature dial strip and the auto symbol. My old xp went up to 9 while the new one up to 8.
http://imgur.com/ssO1ch8
http://imgur.com/5UgRkF2
pictures ^

I really like how the red looks. Doesn't look like many other people got the red one.

Sonics420

So weird, so many different changes haha. Hopefully yours is working 100% though, that red looks pretty cool.

I wonder if 8 is the new 9 or is it just 8???..

Sonics420,

Hoops

Just received my replacement XP from Inhalator. No replacement sanitary cartridge extensions, no sticker on the power dial, but....at least it's here. Hope it lives up to the high praise everyone else is experiencing.

Two holed unit.

Edit: Came back to adjust my earlier post now that I've had a chance to test the new adjustments.

I ran it on 9 with a small whip attachment on my SG stemline using the suck method for loading the cap and achieved decent results with visible vapor. I then loaded another cap using the suck method, this time tamping it down a bit to try and slightly reduce airflow. This resulted in excellent success for me as I was able to hold temp without too much trouble through water.

I will continue to run the XP through it's paces and see how far I can push this little powerhouse. I can say I'm pretty impressed so far!

simmy

Hey everyone -- I'm returning to this thread because my XP (you'll recall I was the first person to receive one) won't turn on anymore. (gasp!) It seems to a battery issue, or maybe an electronics issue.

Does anyone know how to contact the manufacturer to get this issue resolved?

Thanks,
Simmy

simmy,

swoops

Timelord
Hey everyone -- I'm returning to this thread because my XP (you'll recall I was the first person to receive one) won't turn on anymore. (gasp!) It seems to a battery issue, or maybe an electronics issue.

Does anyone know how to contact the manufacturer to get this issue resolved?

Thanks,
Simmy

there's a MFG phone number a few pages back in here, if I recall right.

swoops,
Top Bottom