Discontinued Inhalater XP

Old School

Vape13man
i am still feeling like walking on a straight line about sending back the upgrade.I am afraid that maybe when it comes it wont be as strong...The xp is a BEAST and it feels like nothing can match it overall...u get 0.4 g fine grinder high grade material u turn it on and u just inhale for 20 minutes non stop.no stirring,no refilling,no flame,no combustion fear,no draw restriction,dense clouds,dark brown all the same color ABV,usb charge and pass through,fits all bongs with silicon mouthpiece,no maintenance(using capsules + one screen at the bottom of the capsule),can charge in the car also or with external usb battery,ABV even dark brown even with REALLY small quantities as well + small clouds,undercover and i can go on and on listing good things about it...
If you were or are a Q2 owner you might be a little disappointed but only a little as it is still a strong performer...however you may find it a bit harsher than the Q2 and you will have to change the way you were used to using it but again only a little.....if strength/power to extract are your main concerns... I feel Inhalater is very much on track with that... I feel they respect that many of there consumers are here because this design is a performer....

two negatives about it

customer support has been too bad for too long now...but finally it seems like they are getting really on track and i can verify that in the last months i have had excellent communication with them really fast transaction and shipping and awesome deals and right now i am more than ok with their customer support.
Sorry to play devil advocate here but this could be viewed or seen as a result of all that has transpired... they are not as busy so they are able to get to emails in a more timely manner and transaction/shipping improvements can again be viewed or seen as they have more inventory.....which could be because they improved production or it could also mean consumers are not buying as they were in the beginning......

CS can only do what the CEO will allow.... which will then only be that which they can do...

second bad thing

It is TOO STRONG!!!every time i feel a capsule i start scooping and it just never seems to get full...especially with fine grind.I got to admit that even half the capsule is more than enough for 1 person but when u know u can get these clouds and all the experience in general it is too hard to resist and like 1/4 times i give in and put some more that i really wanted...the capsule tricks u always looking like it could take some more...and some more..
Can't say as I can agree with your "2nd bad thing" I like that it's strong.....I use the vacuum method of filling my caps... it is very quick, clean and easy to do..... it also has a few sub-advantages for example when the cap screen or passage way is getting clogged you will know this almost right away because it become to difficult to vacuum fill the cap completely....so time for a clean cap....

One of my biggest concerns is what appears to be a lack of importance surrounding quality control...

anyway PLEASE people who are getting replacements now or new units latest models report in so we can send upgrades...shipping is to expensive and the xp is TOO good to be without it...
I was lucky enough to have had 2 Q2's which were nothing short of amazing and if either were still working I would NOT upgrade....no way.... if I had a Q3 that was accidentally configured with too low of a max heat setting and you are what has been labeled a cloud chaser...then YES UPGRADE you'll be so glad you did.....but if you already have a Q4 that is functional I wouldn't upgrade until the INH05 hits the streets and it has shown to of truly resolved the USB issue...... because that will be worth upgrading..... I think we would all love to see this headache go away for good....:bang: damn USB light.....stay ON... urrrrgg and you had better be charging.......

Last edited:
Old School,

TransHumanC

Inhalater shill account
@edwardhide : Try cutting the herb with 30% shisha. You can blot out the extra juice if the brand you are using is real juicy.

You will get great taste, great clouds and it cuts down the effect. This way you can enjou you Inhalater without hitting the moon.

And I would suggest using an ajustable Aero cap for this. The shisha is better with it

Sonics420

Does any one know of some cool venu for promotion this spring in Colorado/Washington? Hempfest of some sort?
Hempfest in Seattle would be awesome, its such a huge event and brings in a lot of traffic/customers. You dont need girls in skimpy outfits; I've seen plenty of stands selling products professionally.. Vapeworld even had a booth there.. All you need is to set up a booth some way.

http://www.hempfest.org/get-involved/vending/

March 3rd you can inquire about becoming a vendor, good luck guys.

Sonics420,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Yippeee! Great tip. We will be surely be ready for that one!

Can`t wait to get out of the lab :-) Have been locked up for 6 years to get things to work!

No pitty; still was pretty high times anyway lol ;-)

Thanks

Just learned that the Treating Yourself show in Toronto is not hapening for 2014 :-( What a shame, was a great venue

Last edited:
Inhalater,
Reactions: Vitolo

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Yippeee! Great tip. We will be surely be ready for that one!

Can`t wait to get out of the lab :-) Have been locked up for 6 years to get things to work!

No pitty; still was pretty high times anyway lol ;-)

Thanks

Can I look forward to meeting you at Treating Yourself in Toronto this spring?

pakalolo,

Edward Hyde

Can't say as I can agree with your "2nd bad thing" I like that it's strong.....I use the vacuum method of filling my caps... it is very quick, clean and easy to do..... it also has a few sub-advantages for example when the cap screen or passage way is getting clogged you will know this almost right away because it become to difficult to vacuum fill the cap completely....so time for a clean cap....

One of my biggest concerns is what appears to be a lack of importance surrounding quality control...

Its a "bad" thing...its soooooooooooo good that it ends up being too good especially if u are recreational user...

PS about the generation i got i dont know which generation it is its the last generation without serial numbers,the one that was after the too hot and before the too cool,so i could say its warking perfectly with just some visual problems and the charging usb failing some times...which one is this generation if anyone knows?

Edward Hyde,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Got some details on the Totonto show. This year it will be organised by Champs trade shows based in the US. May .23 to 25 a Can. will be organised by locals.

Will be a blast! Invitation to everyone south of the border east and west of Toronto to come for a great weekend.

Toronto is a great city, workers to councilers know the importance of laying off a little ;-)

We will look to partner with one of our distributors to stake a spot and be in company. For sure we will be there.

http://www.champstradeshows.com/#!upcoming-shows/c21s9

Inhalater,
Sent mine back around xp back around August-September and received my unit after 3 weeks of waiting... Used slightly for a month and now it doesn't work.

Bottom light stays green while charging (never turns off) and when heating, the upper light blinks twice then dies.

I paid $20 to ship it back and waited so long to get it fixed to have it broken so quick. Don't get me wrong, I love my xp, but there isn't a point if it doesn't work. I have the one with the scratched up ports.

Haven't been active here for a while. Can I get a status update on the current batches?

Highnstein,
Reactions: Sonics420

vaplen

Sent mine back around xp back around August-September and received my unit after 3 weeks of waiting... Used slightly for a month and now it doesn't work.

Bottom light stays green while charging (never turns off) and when heating, the upper light blinks twice then dies.

I paid $20 to ship it back and waited so long to get it fixed to have it broken so quick. Don't get me wrong, I love my xp, but there isn't a point if it doesn't work. I have the one with the scratched up ports.

Haven't been active here for a while. Can I get a status update on the current batches?
I should have my unit back within a couple days. I'll post how the repair process went. Seems quick for shipping internationally but still took like 2-3 weeks.

vaplen,

Old School

Vape13man
My Dec/13 Q4 is still holding strong and my GF's replacement {her Dec/13 Q4 USB died} arrived as well as our 2 spares..... Happy Days.....:rockon: and right off the bat I notice the slant is gone from the switch knob. That was nice to see and the USB looks real good and it appears to be recessed just a bit more which made my new angle up micro B USB look and fit that much nicer..... if that weren't enough the switch feels snugger... more sturdy and the loose back and forth action when adjusting the temp is much less... I'm very pleased with this build..... and it seems...not certain as of yet but I think it might be performing just a bit better than my still working Q4......definitely feels better for sure.....

It does seem like there is always something.... I have noticed something is up with the caps now or possibly the opening to the heat chamber....... have some new caps that slip out easily from my Q4 and my old caps with shoulders are difficult to insert into the Feb/14 Q1 XP we just received..... but hey as far as issues go.... this one can be worked out at home.....

Old School,
Thanks for the responses.. To be honest I'm kind of in shock that after waiting more than half a year and so many revisions I'm still hearing these problems..

Highnstein,

vaplen

Thanks for the responses.. To be honest I'm kind of in shock that after waiting more than half a year and so many revisions I'm still hearing these problems..
that may be true but most portables have problems and this portable is easily one of the best around. If you think about it there is a bunch of electronics in a tiny device that gets heated ridiculously hot for how small it is. I understand your concern with the problems but that is what happens when you make something from nothing. I feel there will always be problems but the key is to learn from them and identify any other problems. No device is perfect this is handheld is no exception.

hiphiphooray

I have a feeling that Inhalater is trying to hard to replace broken units and should instead just give out new ones. I know it may not be the best idea for profit, but it would help QC a lot. Because, it seems everytime someone gets a repair they have a second problem again shortly soon after.

@TransHumanC, I had a few questions about your aero capsules:

I poked two small holes directly across from one another with a small hot nail. Works great, but I'm hoping to make my next one better. Right now my current capsule does an annoying whistle when I inhale, which really takes down the stealth (probably because of the location of the holes). It also seems like too much extra air (holes too big I guess).

So my question is: How big should i make the holes, how many should I make, and where should I place them?

hiphiphooray,

natural farmer

I finally got to test my bro's brand new replacement XP yesterday night after months and months of delayed and miss-addressed shipments of replacements after replacements… :disgust:

I wil agree with the rest that the new LEDs are only good for night-light or a torch-light. Ridiculously bright... Stealthiness is out of the picture! :bang:

As I have stated many times in the past the XP has evolved to be a full conduction vape and yesterday's test was the final proof for me. You need to grind fine with this babe to perform at it's peak and you need to draw slow. And I mean really slow. MFLB slow! :rant: Why have you done that @Inhalater ? I am sure it was the easy way round the problems the original INH had but you stated in the past that your goal was to make the best portable vaporizer… Making the XP just another conduction vape was not the way to accomplish such a goal imho. The Grasshopper guys figured it out pretty soon. Convection is the way to go.

Anyway, I had to grind pretty fine to get some good hits going. Simply putting a couple of small nugs in the capsule only gave me wispy wispy hits and nearly no effects. An almost full capsule of finely grinded herbs though gave me 13 milky hits in my 250ml straight tube with an ok-ish taste for a conduction vaporizer (PAX has much worst taste imo)… It took a great effort though to milk that small tube, trying not to overpower the heater. The vapor was rising so slow towards my mouth that drove me crazy. It was as slow as the MFLB was :myday:. My Lotus pumps out vapor like a turbine compared to the XP and hits are much stronger and smoother! The vapor of the XP was very harsh and my throat paid the price. :ugh: Trying to dry hit with just the capsule was almost impossible after some time. That mouthpiece burns like hell and vapor was so so harsh and hot! The ABV I got was super extracted nevertheless and was a very very uniform and dark chocolate brown. Taste was ok-ish to the end. That is the only improvement I see over the original XP as there are no hot spots in the heating chamber anymore from that old heating coil. :tup:

It was an overall cumbersome experience, unlike the ones I am used to have those last months but I can still see a small market for the XP. At a lower price maybe… The Firefly is probably a much more sensible choice for newbies and experienced users alike! In the year 2014 I would find it very hard to invest in a conduction vaporizer indeed. My bro likes it though… He likes small PAX like sips of thick overcooked vapor… :p To each his own… :2c:

My advice to fellow FCers would be to stay clear of this old fella and move on to newer and more efficient designs. The future is already here! ;)

Sorry @Inhalater, but I am not convinced. I will stay clear of the thread in order not to undermine any efforts you make from now on. I hope you come out with something more akin to my tastes in the future. I would still give you my money if you do… ;) Over and out! :cheers:

hiphiphooray

@natural farmer makes valid arguments. The INH XP is not for everyone. I agree though, it does seem like the INH is going down the wrong path. My overall impression is roughly the same as natural farmer's, although i place importance on different aspects.

PROS:
Extremely Portable (small and microUSB charge), Easy to Use (no learning curve), Easy to Clean (place capsule into PBW), Stealthy (although need LED design seems so stupid).

CONS:
Terrible Customer Service (maybe getting better), Harsh Hot Vapor (at high temps), Bad Taste (at high temps).

I wanted a vaporizer with portability and stealth, that I could fit in my pocket and use without a lighter. The XP gets this job done. My current model isnt as bad as the new ones, but because of the designs and reviews I would agree that the XP is no longer the BEST portable on the market. Instead, it fits the niche of a nice stealthy vaporizer to use on the go, which I still enjoy.

However, I will be tossing some money towards the Zenpen, and if it manages to produce the same hot harsh vapor at only 99$, then I think we will see a falling out of the XP.

Sad day. :( I hope @Inhalater starts the INH05 based off the amazing Q2 Inhalater XP design that we all loved. And this time they fix the quality issues without ruining its flavor and vapor quality.

hiphiphooray,

2clicker

Observer
i do not see at all how the grasshopper will even come close to the vapor production of an XP (at least my now deceased XP).

the GH videos showed me it takes pulling on it forever to get decent production. im not bashing it, but i just cant see how anyone can compare the GH to the XP.

the GH looks like it will be decent for quick, but small hits. it is not going to give you a 10 min session like the XP can. the XP can be used with many users on one session. the GH is a one and done type of device it seems. hit it a couple of times and have to reload.

these two vapes are NOT in the same class. IMO its like comparing a pea shooter to a canon.

having said that i have finally decided to get a refund instead of a replacement XP. i just dont want to chance getting a less than stellar unit and having to live with it. or getting another unit with a limited lifespan. my search for the perfect portable flower vape continues. the GH isnt even on my radar.

gosaints420

im not bashing it, but i just cant see how anyone can compare the GH to the XP.

You say this and then you do exactly that, you bash it and try to compare a vape that no one has tried yet to the XP. How do you know all these things you state about the GH if you nor anyone else has tried one yet. I know your judging by the videos that GH put out but why don't we hold off on comparisons until we have some real user reviews.

hiphiphooray

@2clicker , I specifically stated that the comparison is based on being portable, stealthy, fits in a pocket and doesnt use a lighter.

Those are my needs. yours are differient. but for me, thats all i really care about. The GH does that. The inhalater does that. Now is the inh xp worth an extra 150$? Maybe, maybe not.

Time will tell. All i was saying is that the loss of taste and vapor quality is putting them into a more specific niche rather than making them an overall 'best.' (like the user that wants the best taste, may vote for the lotus over the inh xp).

hiphiphooray,
Reactions: 2clicker

2clicker

Observer
You say this and then you do exactly that, you bash it and try to compare a vape that no one has tried yet to the XP. How do you know all these things you state about the GH if you nor anyone else has tried one yet. I know your judging by the videos that GH put out but why don't we hold off on comparisons until we have some real user reviews.

for the record i never "bashed" it in any way. i simply was saying that comparing the two was not "apples to apples" and i stand by this. i can tell the GH wont produce with an XP that is running properly because of the load size. your not going to get the same vapor production from less material and smaller chamber no matter how hard you try. i have said multiple times in the GH thread that it is a gorgeous vape with a place in the community. its a considerably smaller vape with a considerably smaller chamber. its not going to pump out clouds with ease like an XP can. the videos clearly show this. it may be good to pack a load and hit a few times then reload. more of a "personal" portable if you will...? the XP is a portable party vape that performs like a blunt. i just dont see the GH filling that role. its likely a nice little vape, but reminds me of the TV Evo production. i got rid of mine after getting tired of working for vapor. with my XP (when it worked) it was more like load, heat, and hold on.

@2clicker , I specifically stated that the comparison is based on being portable, stealthy, fits in a pocket and doesnt use a lighter.

Those are my needs. yours are differient. but for me, thats all i really care about. The GH does that. The inhalater does that. Now is the inh xp worth an extra 150$? Maybe, maybe not.

Time will tell. All i was saying is that the loss of taste and vapor quality is putting them into a more specific niche rather than making them an overall 'best.' (like the user that wants the best taste, may vote for the lotus over the inh xp).

thats cool for you, but since i already had a pocketable vape that will blow your face off... another portable that will not do so is not going to replace it.

IMO the GH because it is def a "niche" vape could never be labelled "best".

i am looking for a portable flower vape that i can sip on or that i can chalk tubes w/ zero effort. my XP did this. the GH will not. you may be good with a "one hitter" portable and thats cool. i on the other hand want a "one hitter" AND a "face melter" all in one unit. this to me is the "best" portable. the GH is not going to be that vape.

hiphiphooray

@2clicker I agree the GH is a niche. But without vapor clouds like your original xp and without the good taste, the xp kinda becomes a niche vape as well.

Assuming the vapor quality and taste are bad for the GH and for the current generation XP, then this niche of a portable vape is basically 150$ more for an xp with a larger bowl size.

Thats all i am saying. Your Q2 xp isn't included in that, and i don't even really consider my Q3 in that either. but the newest xps are getting worse and worse about vapor quality and taste.

I still think Q2 inh xp is the best vape on the market. but the new ones are just an expensive niche vape that others can beat at a lower price. (and i fully support your decision to get a refund. Nothing from Inhalater has even been as good as the Q2 model they had.)

Top Bottom